Want diet help. Have list of foods

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Been cutting for two+ months and was getting progress but just shaky on how much of everything i should taking in. I used to be able to eat and get ripped and big...now I have to watch hat i eat and struggle for every once of lean mass. Just hoping someone more knowledgeable than myself can help layout a cutting diet with the foods i provided.Might switch to Dr.Houser's hardgainer's recomp workout on Monday (even thought I'm not really a hard gainer...) http://anabolicminds.com/forum/advanced-discussion-dr/185091-hardgainer-s-recomp.html

I also plan on starting my cycle soon (Test Prop 300/week & anavar @80mg/day) which is another reason I want my diet FlAWLESS. Please, any educated advice is greatly appreciated.

My stats are-

28yrs old
5'10-11"
Currently 234lbs @ 13%
My job keeps me on my butt for 8hrs/day but My intensity in the gym is high

Here are the foods I have no problem getting and eating on a daily basis
  • Fah-ye- 0-2% Greek yogurt Plain
  • Trutein banana creme
  • baby spinach-
  • fresh brocolli - usually steam or blanch it
  • asparagus
  • Chicken Breast (boneless & skinless)
  • Chicken tenderloin (cleaned)
  • Mango Peach salsa _ can't find label but I know it has 3g of sugar per 2tbsp
  • Lovaza Omega 3 caps 1g/cap
  • CLA caps
  • Coconut Oil
  • Olive Oil
  • Dymatize all natural isolate *choco, not strawberry..

• Chunk Light Tuna in Water, 7 oz.
Nutrition Facts

• Serving Size: 2 oz.
  • Servings: About 3
  • Calories: 50.00
  • Calories from Fat: 5
  • Total Fat: 0.50 g.
  • Saturated Fat: 0.00 g.
  • Cholesterol: 25.00 mg.
  • Sodium: 180.00 mg.
  • Total Carbohydrates: 0.00 g.
  • Dietary Fiber: 0 g.
  • Sugars: 0 g.
  • Protein: 11.00 g.
  • P28 Bread

Eggs/egg white

Almond butter- Organic

Feta Cheese-

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 oz (28.0 g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 70

Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value[SUP]*[/SUP]​
Total Fat 5.0g

8%
Saturated Fat 3.5g

18%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 20mg

7%
Sodium 260mg

11%
Total Carbohydrates 1.0g

0%
Protein 5.0g
Vitamin A 4%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 10%Iron 0%

Mango Peach salsa _ can't find label but I know it has 3g of sugar per 2tbsp

carpee

carpee

Awards
  • Established
you seem pretty low carb, and if your job is active/on top of intense training, I would look into carb and calorie cycling.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, i dropped about 12lbs slowly over 2+ months while keeping carbs fairly low around 75g +/- .

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
About every two weeks i went to 200+g of CHO

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
The most important thing will be your macronutrient breakdown, though if you're on cycle protein will be higher than normal.

What is your caloric maintenance? We can go from there.

I can also tell right off the bat that your diet is too low in saturated fat. Aim for a little more.

f1ghter33

Awards
try to maintain your protein . and have regular work out ... have some supplements that really work as I am using ninja .. its work well ..

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
The most important thing will be your macronutrient breakdown, though if you're on cycle protein will be higher than normal.

I can also tell right off the bat that your diet is too low in saturated fat. Aim for a little more.
About 2600 give or take a few

Thanks, I'll add some pasture butter to my eggs.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Are you certain about your maintenance? 2100 calories seems very low; my maintenance is the same as yours at a much lower bodyweight. This creates issues because the human body has protein and fat requirements. In order to hit your ideal cutting numbers of 250-270g protein and 100-120g fat, you'd essentially be forced to use a ketogenic diet because a caloric level of 2100 (1 lb weight loss per week) would only allow about 25g carbs on top of your protein and fat requirements.

TM92

Awards
Keep in mind. That yea if your gonna cut your gonna sacrifice some muscle mass. Can't expect to add 20lbs of weight an be 5% BP. Just an example. Your food list looks awesome. I think you can do extremely well with:
3000-3100 cals
300 protien
130-150 carbs
120-130 fats.
I like how you've incorporated olive oil in meals. Try adding it last when your cooking cuz the heat will burn it out before it sinks into your food your cooking. I'm just throwing some ideas out here. By no means am I a know it all. Try a 6 meal split through out the day. Cardio 30-45min a day. At a good moderate pace that way your not just burning all your gains. Remember your in a marathon not a sprint. Keep up great work.

vassille

Awards
What were you doing different when things were working for you?
what were you taking....thyroid issues?
Can you break it down how many meals you eat a day and what consists of..roughly you dont need to go crazy

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Keep in mind. That yea if your gonna cut your gonna sacrifice some muscle mass. Can't expect to add 20lbs of weight an be 5% BP. Just an example. Your food list looks awesome. I think you can do extremely well with:
3000-3100 cals
300 protien
130-150 carbs
120-130 fats.
I like how you've incorporated olive oil in meals. Try adding it last when your cooking cuz the heat will burn it out before it sinks into your food your cooking. I'm just throwing some ideas out here. By no means am I a know it all. Try a 6 meal split through out the day. Cardio 30-45min a day. At a good moderate pace that way your not just burning all your gains. Remember your in a marathon not a sprint. Keep up great work.
If he continues to eat at maintainance, or slightly less than, why would he be 'burning' any gains... Cardio does not obtain iots fuel from muscle if calorie intake is sufficient. I agree with upping carbs, carbs have a protein sparring effect in that they get utilized for fuel before protein (to a degree of course but I digress), get in those carbs! :)

Add in some Red Meat for sat. fat.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
Are you certain about your maintenance? 2100 calories seems very low; my maintenance is the same as yours at a much lower bodyweight. This creates issues because the human body has protein and fat requirements. In order to hit your ideal cutting numbers of 250-270g protein and 100-120g fat, you'd essentially be forced to use a ketogenic diet because a caloric level of 2100 (1 lb weight loss per week) would only allow about 25g carbs on top of your protein and fat requirements.
Sorry about that! 2600 is what I'm eating currently, on my cut. My maintenance level is around 3100 @ my current weight and level of activity.

TM92

Awards
If he continues to eat at maintainance, or slightly less than, why would he be 'burning' any gains... Cardio does not obtain iots fuel from muscle if calorie intake is sufficient. I agree with upping carbs, carbs have a protein sparring effect in that they get utilized for fuel before protein (to a degree of course but I digress), get in those carbs! :)

Add in some Red Meat for sat. fat.
Yea I agree IF he stay at a decent level of intake. Yet if he's burning more than what he's consuming then yea your gonna lose some gains. I didn't not see how or how much cardio is being done. The suggestion of moderate cardio was a suggestion. Compared to if High intense cardio is/was being done. Yet if it's cutting like I thought the issue was in reference to then yea why up the carbs if you have the protein high like I stated (300+ a day) carbs should be intaken early in day before gettin in gym that way he has that as his fuel for the gym. I was just in the lines of keeping it moderate so the hard earned gains weren't just easily lost from hard work put in when bulking. He's be just as fine with the fats he listed. Adding red meat wouldn't be needed. Can easily keep it clean with eggs, fish, and chicken. Even turkey. Plus all the addition fats listed such as olive oil an such.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Sorry about that! 2600 is what I'm eating currently, on my cut. My maintenance level is around 3100 @ my current weight and level of activity.
Ah ok. Shoot for something like 250g protein, 105g fat, 165g carbs. Be sure to include weekly high carb, low fat refeeds.

vciufo

vciufo

Awards

I've got the same issues here but may need to just keep cutting. I was thinking of starting my recomp. I am 39 5'6" 156lbs at 12-13% BF. My maintenance is about 2400 cals. Macros: 200P 75-100C 50-60F. Refeed carbs once a week to about 200-250. Main staples:

Cottage cheese, greek yogurt, tuna, chicken, red meat 80/20, turkey, PB, Eggs, brown rice, apples, american cheese, turkey bacon, vinegarette dressings for salads, Dymatize whey isolate or all natural whey protein shakes.

Should I recomp or keep cutting to 10%? I also follow the IF protocol(Leangains.com).