Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
True, and I recall that quite enthusiastic post. I used to say those kind of prayers of reliance before I went for my 8.8 mile runs (3-4 times a week, 12-15 miles on the weekends). Needless to say, I shrunk and not in a cool bodybuilding cutting way.
Funny how most of us used to be cardio freaks in our past. If I remember correctly, Irish used to run a lot too and I used to ride 5hrs 4-5x a week :fool2:

As I walked into the gym this morning I saw this sign that said the cardio area would be out of function for several days due to some renovation work. I thought to myself, I couldn't care less, as long as no one touches MY SQUAT RACK I'll be happy :sgrin:

What I've noticed is that my DOMS is delayed, which for me is really a phenomenon, because I am one of those guys where DOMS sets in VERY quickly. Also, when the DOMS does set in, it sets in at a diminished manner. I'm also T-911, so I'm sure this is having a recovery effect, tambien.

T-911 is not to be underestimated :) When is LG going to make a Y-less version ?! :rant:

Your theory is proven by physiological and neural adaption, re-adaption, kudos for your 6th sense. (your theory perpetuates increased muscle fiber recruitment per motor unit, coordinated motor unit firing, hypertrophy of the sarcolema, thus, greater release of calcium, thus, greater contraction force via sliding filament theory, increased volume of larger mitochondria, improved general awesomeness, reported positive effects that you are pimping gym members around you...etc)

194lbs this morning.

Weight down, strength up, that's what I call, "Tha Bizzness."

Zero found this clip, but I wanted to share it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcK-My1j9Hg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fanabolicminds.com%2Fforum%2Fgeneral-chat%2F130037-arnold-back-movies.html&feature=player_embedded
And again....

I think it's hilarious how you dose something like ActX or AE at 1tab/day, yet your doses of PRIME rival that of many male members.

"D, give me your keys. You've had enough PRIME."

Dfly: "I'll be the judge of that!...BWAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
Well, as of two weeks ago I've been taking 2 of each ! :lol:

"What's that?... is that, is that Di-Calcium Phosphate I smell?..... and [sniff-sniff] Magnesium Stearate- I KNEW IT!! You're on the PRIME again!"
I'm innocent I swear !

Attachments

dragonfly

dragonfly

Awards
  • Established
July 3rd Workout, extra credit sort of.

DELTS

Seated Military Press
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 7 reps
185lbs x 6 reps
205lbs x 5 reps

Seated Military - Behind The Neck [honestly, I just wanted to stay seated]
135lbs x 10 reps
140lbs x 8 reps
145lbs x 7 reps [I thought I was adding 5lbs, but I discovered they were only 2.5lbs]
155lbs x 6 reps
HAHA ! I had the same feeling today when I moved on from squats to leg press and then to Leg Ext...except I really JUST wanted stay seated. Period. :lol:

Bent Over Db Lateral Raises
50lbs Db's x 10 reps
55lbs Db's x 8 reps
60lbs Db's x 7 reps

Behind The Neck Shrugs
225lbs x 12 reps
275lbs x 10 reps
325lbs x 8 reps

I didn't have the energy to do what I initially wanted to do, the core/compound squat/dead and everything else, so I did what I could. I actually performed alright. I felt I lacked a little intensity, but my numbers weren't detrimentally effected by it. Tomorrow is a rest day and hopefully, it's core/compound after Church on Sunday.
Sounds like you need one V :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny how most of us used to be cardio freaks in our past. If I remember correctly, Irish used to run a lot too and I used to ride 5hrs 4-5x a week :fool2:
The first thing to go when I was losing weight too fast was the excess cardio. I don't like it!! It's a necessary evil.... I am down to 2.5 hours a week now which is pretty low for me.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
4th of July (early morn)

LEGS:

I was suppose to rest today, but then I realized TOMORROW was going to be my rest day, so I went and did legs.

Funny but painful story:
I walk up to the squat rack and next to me, I run into one of my old athlete's I used to train. He's doing squats on the squat rack next to me. He also has magnificent form in going ATG to the T. As such, being his once training "superior" I felt a responsibility & obligation to go lower then whatever he was doing, it just felt necessary. I don't know what's beyond ATG, Cornhole To Gym Mat or Knees to Nipples, I suppose, so I kept my weight a tad lower then usual, as I wanted to display quality of form over quantity of weight.

Barbell Squats
135lbs x 10 reps (CHTGM or KTN)
155lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 6 reps

Barbell Hack Squats
135lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 5 reps
225lbs x 5 reps
225lbs x 5 reps

Incline Sled Press
270lbs x 10 reps
360lbs x 8 reps
410lbs x 6 reps

I don't feel my legs are getting any stronger, I've been stuck on that same progression on squats for a little while now. I have experienced notable strength improvements on "less" compound movements, such as chest presses and various back exercises, but lifts involving my core, such as squats and deads seem to be at a stand still for the moment.

On a brighter note, as a result of my last back workout, I don't think I've ever felt my lats DOM up so low into my lats. I'm usually sore around the top portion of my lats, but I feel DOMage in its entirety, which is awesome. I just enjoy DOMS, especially in the back.

:usa:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
i enjoy your patriotism! Happy 4th!

How do you Seated MP so much? what is your normal shoulder workout like? i need some basketball sized shoulders!
:usa::usa::usa:
Thanks, I had a great July 4th at The Rose Bowl. My mom is very patriotic. She left Taiwan for American in the early 80's and even then, she was able to appreciate the contrast in societies, so all her pro American gratitude rubbed off on me.

My "normal" shoulder workout isn't very extraordinary in terms of particular exercises performed or a particular routine.

Basically, I like to do 2-3 compound lifts. I would typically move from Military's then to Hammer Shoulder Presses (and/or Rear Military), then a Db Lat Raise, Db Front Raise and Upright Rows. There's nothing special or advantageous about my routine. If you apply enough intensity (integral to your upper limits), dedication and consistency to any program, it'll work for you.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The first thing to go when I was losing weight too fast was the excess cardio. I don't like it!! It's a necessary evil.... I am down to 2.5 hours a week now which is pretty low for me.
You'll have to forgive my lack of sympathy :poke:

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I had a great July 4th at The Rose Bowl. My mom is very patriotic. She left Taiwan for American in the early 80's and even then, she was able to appreciate the contrast in societies, so all her pro American gratitude rubbed off on me.

My "normal" shoulder workout isn't very extraordinary in terms of particular exercises performed or a particular routine.

Basically, I like to do 2-3 compound lifts. I would typically move from Military's then to Hammer Shoulder Presses (and/or Rear Military), then a Db Lat Raise, Db Front Raise and Upright Rows. There's nothing special or advantageous about my routine. If you apply enough intensity (integral to your upper limits), dedication and consistency to any program, it'll work for you.

effin money dood. i guess i'll just have to quit being a biatch.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
effin money dood. i guess i'll just have to quit being a biatch.
I highly doubt your a biatch, but in addressing that statement for general purposes. Apart from proper training and nutrition knowledge, because with the internet, you can learn all you need to learn to have the informational road map for bodybuilding success. You don't need to know anatomy & physiology in depth to be a decent bodybuilder and again, that information is wide spread and easy to obtain. Also, not taking into considering the element of amazing genetics, but being successful at bodybuilding comes down to this bottom line, your pain threshold. The higher your pain threshold, the better. Fatigue is pain, lactic build up is pain, pushing beyond the numbing reps is pain, general exhaustion is pain, the mental wear down as a result of the pain, is more pain, and people with high pain thresholds, lift closer to their full potential and at a level acclaimated for effective growth.

I see a lot of unprogressed people at the gym, smart, both knowledge about training schemes and dietary demands, but because they look like they're comfortable when they lift and seem to keep away from painful intensities, they lack progression, ie... more often the not, biceps curls don't end because you can no longer overcome the actual weight itself, it's the inability to overcome the pain of the next rep, the burn, the fatigue, the exhaustion...etc. Super-sets and drop sets are the zenith of pain and that's why they're so effective.

One of the traps of bodybuilding is that when you first begin, you can trip over a dumbbell and see results, but as your body becomes a veteran to resistance training, it demands entering that realm of uncomfortability and pain, which some people never cross over to. They do what worked in the beginning, but that's just not enough anymore.

I know when I lift, I'm expecting pain. I think on every single exercise I perform, I come to a point of grimace. My last rep is always a slow fight to finish and it's painful, in terms of burning, general fatigue, specific fatigue to the working muscle, general exhaustion, the numbing of that particular working muscle, all pain. To my gratitude, I have a decent pain threshold, so I can take my sets deep into that margin of pain, and once I fight through a painful set, I'm ready for more pain without any hesitation (once I catch my breath).

Delts are particularly painful, the burn is so condensed, so the pain is augmented (like bi's), but again, it's just keeping integral to your own pain threshold, or increasing that bar in order to reach new heights.

[P.S. Injurious pain is not included in this pain principle. If something feels off to the joints or if the pain is sharp & shooting, listen to the body and stop, but apart from that, it's the pain threshold that holds a lot of people back, in spite of their training & nutrition knowledge].

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
P.S. I wasn't trying to be preachy or sound like a guru and I wasn't addressing you or anything. I didn't want to sound like I was insinuating that you're not pushing yourself to the limits. Your comments just raised a thought I and I ranted to get that off my chest :usa2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So basically, you were getting in touch with your inner Kenyan. 5hours a day! Yeeeesh! At least my 8.8 miles runs only took around 2hrs, and my weekend "long" runs, were 3hours to 3.5hours. 5hrs, wow, that's a time investment that requires a special level of dedication (and The Beautiful Mind, like craziness :stupid:).

I actually understand though, at that time, my circle of friends were into Iron Mans, Triathalons, half Iron Mans, so the Swim, Bike, Run deal was it. I was the lazy biotch couch potato of the group because I was "only" running 2 hours a day (less the 2 mile swims and 50 mile rides).

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
P.S. I wasn't trying to be preachy or sound like a guru and I wasn't addressing you or anything. I didn't want to sound like I was insinuating that you're not pushing yourself to the limits. Your comments just raised a thought I and I ranted to get that off my chest :usa2:
i appreciate it man, even if it wasn't directed at me. it's the background on my computer. the new inspiration!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You'll have to forgive my lack of sympathy :poke:
First time I can say I've had the problem of losing too fast though. Just goes to show how much weight can be lost while throwing around iron. It was the increase in lifting activity that caused the excess loss. I had to reduce my cardio to compensate.

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
I highly doubt your a biatch, but in addressing that statement for general purposes. Apart from proper training and nutrition knowledge, because with the internet, you can learn all you need to learn to have the informational road map for bodybuilding success. You don't need to know anatomy & physiology in depth to be a decent bodybuilder and again, that information is wide spread and easy to obtain. Also, not taking into considering the element of amazing genetics, but being successful at bodybuilding comes down to this bottom line, your pain threshold. The higher your pain threshold, the better. Fatigue is pain, lactic build up is pain, pushing beyond the numbing reps is pain, general exhaustion is pain, the mental wear down as a result of the pain, is more pain, and people with high pain thresholds, lift closer to their full potential and at a level acclaimated for effective growth.

I see a lot of unprogressed people at the gym, smart, both knowledge about training schemes and dietary demands, but because they look like they're comfortable when they lift and seem to keep away from painful intensities, they lack progression, ie... more often the not, biceps curls don't end because you can no longer overcome the actual weight itself, it's the inability to overcome the pain of the next rep, the burn, the fatigue, the exhaustion...etc. Super-sets and drop sets are the zenith of pain and that's why they're so effective.

One of the traps of bodybuilding is that when you first begin, you can trip over a dumbbell and see results, but as your body becomes a veteran to resistance training, it demands entering that realm of uncomfortability and pain, which some people never cross over to. They do what worked in the beginning, but that's just not enough anymore.

I know when I lift, I'm expecting pain. I think on every single exercise I perform, I come to a point of grimace. My last rep is always a slow fight to finish and it's painful, in terms of burning, general fatigue, specific fatigue to the working muscle, general exhaustion, the numbing of that particular working muscle, all pain. To my gratitude, I have a decent pain threshold, so I can take my sets deep into that margin of pain, and once I fight through a painful set, I'm ready for more pain without any hesitation (once I catch my breath).

Delts are particularly painful, the burn is so condensed, so the pain is augmented (like bi's), but again, it's just keeping integral to your own pain threshold, or increasing that bar in order to reach new heights.

[P.S. Injurious pain is not included in this pain principle. If something feels off to the joints or if the pain is sharp & shooting, listen to the body and stop, but apart from that, it's the pain threshold that holds a lot of people back, in spite of their training & nutrition knowledge].
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to VolcomX311 again.

Very good post bro. And agreed 100%.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
to whom does that apply?
That just means he's repped me too recently to rep me again. I think you have to rep something like 10 other people before you can rep the same person over. (I believe this system was created to prevent bogus reppers who create multiple accounts just to rep themselves). Lame, I know, who'd have thought, but we've had people who care a little too much about reps (R.I.P. Boxememan).

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Hey Volcom, I have a few bottles of prime cominng my way to run with my current Natural Stack, Just popping in here and going to be looking through your Prime updates and dosing protocols

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Volcom, I have a few bottles of prime cominng my way to run with my current Natural Stack, Just popping in here and going to be looking through your Prime updates and dosing protocols
a "couple" bottles of PRIME? So it's true, Texas really is the second most prosperous state in the U.S. in our current economic hiatus.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I still am skeptical on prime, any feedback you can give me Volcom?

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
that is my stance as well, but I am willing to try it and give it time to prove itself or not. Hopefully, the later.

Volcom, I had a bottle of reversitol laying around I am swapping a guy for it since PCT items are not a necessary thing for me, and the other I picked up. Ebay has it for mid 30's

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
That just means he's repped me too recently to rep me again. I think you have to rep something like 10 other people before you can rep the same person over. (I believe this system was created to prevent bogus reppers who create multiple accounts just to rep themselves). Lame, I know, who'd have thought, but we've had people who care a little too much about reps (R.I.P. Boxememan).
word. one of these days, i'm going to ask you a really, really hard question. i bet you'll still know the answer though.:usa:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really like PRIME. I haven't taken anything MAJOR, like any supps that require a SERM. The most notable supps I've taken that I had great runs with are Junglewarfare, 3-AD, (I've taken DTH and DTHC, but it seemed no more effective then taking a multi), and Blue Gene. All of them I ran in a heavy loaded stack. With the JW I was on AP, Pslin, DCP, Sesamin Oil. On 3-AD I was on MassFX 2, Hyperdol X2, Lean Xtreme, while on Blue Gene I was also on Blue Up and I took DTHC with Sunami and 500mg of Icariian, a solo PRIME run and half run with T-911, then I added PRIME to the run (2nd exp with PRIME).

Truth be told, of my non SERM supps resume, based on a beginning to end run, and taking into consideration the fullness of the stacks thereof, PRIME expressed the most notable strength results "for me."

However, although I would recommend PRIME to anyone, supps are so ambiguous. I think I read like 99% positive reviews on DTH, but it was worthless to me. Not a lot of people like JW, but it worked very well with me. More often then not, I've read 3-AD being regarded as a joke, but that stack worked effing wonders in terms of muscle endurance. It was the first and only time in my life where I hit 225lbs for 22 reps, free bench. Legit Football Combine reps on the free weight flat.

PRIME is another one of those, love or hate it supps, and not only do I fall in the love category, I fall pretty hard in that category.

If I ever had a supplement make me feel like quoting Forrest Gump, "Jenny & Me are like peas & carrots..." PRIME just works that well in congruence with me, because I respond amazing to it.

I can't promise that will be your experience, because I've had friends on AM whom I trust as knowledgeable and hard workers NOT respond to PRIME and even given PRIME multiple chances (aka Steveo), but DragonFly & DreamWeaver could attest that PRIME works great for them, too.

Bottom line, I love it and I would recommend it 100% of the time, but supplements of all spectrum can be a risk, and such is the nature of the beast.

To paraphrase AM member Hank, If you've never been let down by a supplement, you haven't been in the game long enough.

I think what's most off-putting about PRIME are the hyper claims they make, but I don't ever take marketing claims to heart. I've never, EVER had a supplement FULLY live up to what the bottle said it was going to do on the back, or in the magazines, or even what I read on member logs. Reading a lot of positive reviews raises your chances of a jackpot, but it doesn't guarantee it.

Again, Hank said it best, If you've never been let down by a supplement, you haven't been in the game long enough.

I laughed when I first read that, but it stuck with me because that hit home to a "T"

I don't know if this helped, but i wasn't trying to push PRIME on you or lead you away, I just wanted to be honest about the big picture.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh, and just as a point of respect, I wasn't directing that quote from Hank AT anyone, or disrespecting your "time in the game," It was a general statement, used for the purpose of expressing an idea.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for that Volcom!

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
So is PRIME over with? Was that a final review?...or were you just going off on one of your tangents?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can say that I have had the same results as you Vol with DTHC. I will be giving Prime a run shortly and hopefully my results will mirror yours.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to bridge with DTHC and now I hear about people getting nothing from it. I am not so optimistic as I was about this product. Time will tell.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have to bridge with DTHC and now I hear about people getting nothing from it. I am not so optimistic as I was about this product. Time will tell.
Time will tell. I've read MUCH more positive reviews then negative ones. Matter of fact, I think IC is the only other person I've come across who didn't respond to it (or was it Steveo?). I think the chances are much more likely then not, that you do well with it, but I'll cross my fingers for you either way.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can say that I have had the same results as you Vol with DTHC. I will be giving Prime a run shortly and hopefully my results will mirror yours.
Okay D-Dubja, I guess that makes three people now, :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
To be fair and this is an odd phenomenon. I've experienced the MOST frequent and intense bouts of aggression while on DTH/DTHC, but the least amount of actual results.

I don't "feel" PRIME in that same drooling junkyard dog type of way, but by far I reap the greatest results :thinking: But DTH/DTHC is filled with specific libido boosters and semen volumizers and odd stuff that I'm not really looking for... so I don't know.

I've read too much positive reviews on DTH to knock it, I can only assume it's just Volcom conducive.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll post a thread that can provide some more references. To preface the thread, it starts off as a PRIME nut-huggery thread, which I partook in, but it becomes more informational as it progresses. Mullet posts some overly-complex stuff as usual, but he really breaks down the product well. You'll also read the PRIME haters who jump in, and the rebuttals and the rebuttals to rebuttals, so it's a good mix of opinions, apart from the beginning nut-huggery.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/130088-i-am-super.html

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll post a thread that can provide some more references. To preface the thread, it starts off as a PRIME nut-huggery thread, which I partook in, but it becomes more informational as it progresses. Mullet posts some overly-complex stuff as usual, but he really breaks down the product well. You'll also read the PRIME haters who jump in, and the rebuttals and the rebuttals to rebuttals, so it's a good mix of opinions, apart from the beginning nut-huggery.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/130088-i-am-super.html
Mie ****z ain't coomplix ya 'ater. Booyakash and mooch respek boii.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mie ****z ain't coomplix ya 'ater. Booyakash and mooch respek boii.
Someone once called me a "blood clot" at a Reggae club. I was a bit confused, so I pretended like I didn't hear him :dunno:

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
Someone once called me a "blood clot" at a Reggae club. I was a bit confused, so I pretended like I didn't hear him :dunno:
you sure it wasn't "bommbaclot"?

cause that one definitely doesn't fly in my book. my jamaican friend said it meant something to the effect of "big stupid idiot". seriously.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I suppose having bleached blond spikey hair at the time made me stick out like a sore thumb.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I just finished it and loved it A bottle of DTH 120 tab, 5 tabs a day was my sweet spot.

hman85

hman85

Awards
  • Established
you sure it wasn't "bommbaclot"?

cause that one definitely doesn't fly in my book. my jamaican friend said it meant something to the effect of "big stupid idiot". seriously.
That can't be the meaning cause that is what the rasta guy in Belly says about him self when he is shooting up everyone. They way he says it , it sounds like a good thing:dunno:

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
nomad you love that emotion huh
i sure as crap do!!! AMERICA!!!!! we have to keep this country from being overrun by people who want to tear it apart. i will fight for freedom as long as the good Lord will let me. i'm sure i'll do a lot of stupid stuff along the way. but i'm sure that just like you, my parents raised me to be a patriotic American and a productive member of society! i figure all i can do is be in the military and post up a flag wherever i can!!!

and here are a couple more for everybody!

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

thenomad

thenomad

Awards
  • Established
That can't be the meaning cause that is what the rasta guy in Belly says about him self when he is shooting up everyone. They way he says it , it sounds like a good thing:dunno:
as urbandictionary.com puts it:
1. bumbaclot-A cloth or rag used to wipe ones anal region. However, most Jamaicans use it as a substitute for the word f*ck to express anger or surprise.

ex. Bumbaclot! Dem tek mi rolex and mi new links!!

so i was mistaken, lol. but i still don't think its a good thing. haha!
but, as one knows, we can't take all of our social cues from the internet or movies.

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
OOOMMGMGGGGDDZzzzz, U DiDN't Leik tha DTHC?!?!

Did you eVNe Swlalowzzzzz it?

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mullet iz da well smart geeza. I chek meself crackin up whun readin most hof iz posts
Roight, and if 'im like da supplement geeza, den dat means 'e is sold wif geezas as a addition to 'dem.