Volcom's PRIME & T-911 Stack

TimberLakers

TimberLakers

Awards
  • Established
Post 48... clearly had a grape flavored fart.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
year MrPR's avi is kinda creepn me out haha

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As much as I love more traditional bodybuilding, as I performed today, I've found that I'm really into my new core/compound routine. Although the core/compound routine is not as direct in taxing a specific muscle, the general feeling of a total body expenditure carries a different feel during and post workout.

It's also more psychologically satisfying because of all the side benefits of putting your body through something so complete. The positive effect on metabolic rate, protein synthesis, testosterone release, greater glycogen depletion, total body blood circulation and I love the over-load of energy expenditure.

I probably won't be able to get back to my foundational routine until Saturday. I probably shouldn't have done the one arm barbell rows, I felt that taxing my erectors & lower thoracic region more then they were in the mood for, but I was stubbornly enthusiastic today.

I'm hoping chest day tomorrow will be just as impressive.

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
Hello my friend, im in to watch you progress even more. Interesting thoughts on your normal routine too, i quite miss those routines to be honest.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hit the ground running on this one!!

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Historically, the majority of my workouts follow your new core/compound theme. It is totally different from normal bb'ing schemes, but can certainly get the job done. I'm beginning to kick around with more bodypart focused training sessions in an effort to bring up some lagging parts, but full body compound routines will always remain my favorite, I think,

As much as I love more traditional bodybuilding, as I performed today, I've found that I'm really into my new core/compound routine. Although the core/compound routine is not as direct in taxing a specific muscle, the general feeling of a total body expenditure carries a different feel during and post workout.

It's also more psychologically satisfying because of all the side benefits of putting your body through something so complete. The positive effect on metabolic rate, protein synthesis, testosterone release, greater glycogen depletion, total body blood circulation and I love the over-load of energy expenditure.

I probably won't be able to get back to my foundational routine until Saturday. I probably shouldn't have done the one arm barbell rows, I felt that taxing my erectors & lower thoracic region more then they were in the mood for, but I was stubbornly enthusiastic today.

I'm hoping chest day tomorrow will be just as impressive.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Historically, the majority of my workouts follow your new core/compound theme. It is totally different from normal bb'ing schemes, but can certainly get the job done. I'm beginning to kick around with more bodypart focused training sessions in an effort to bring up some lagging parts, but full body compound routines will always remain my favorite, I think,
Most bodybuilders do several of these types of routines a year or at least I do, maybe I should not assume others do. In my opinion is necessary though.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hear ya, this is my first bout with a full core/compound routine and I just didn't expect it to be this enjoyable, but this is also the first time I've been able to perform squats and deads in quite awhile, so my honey period carries an augmented effect. I like how squats feel and I love how quickly it warms my body up and gets me sweating, and deads have always been my favorite lift, so the core/compound is a bit of a double edged sword of enjoyment at the moment.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello my friend, im in to watch you progress even more. Interesting thoughts on your normal routine too, i quite miss those routines to be honest.
Good to see you Russian :wave2:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel a moderate, bilateral muscle strain along the sides of my cervical spine. Hopefully this resolves itself by tomorrow (in time for my core/compound day).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
2nd Workout; Keeping it COMPOUND

Today was another more traditional bodybuilding day, where I had to sway from my primary, core/compound routine, so I decided to do a hybrid. I can still compound without the core.

BIG CHEST

Incline Bench (Bar to Clavicle)
225lbs x 7 reps
225lbs x 6 reps
225lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench (Bar to Sternum)
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 7 reps
225lbs x 6 reps

Incline Bench, Smith (BTC)
185lbs x 10 reps
205lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 5 reps

Flat Bench, Smith (BTS)
185lbs x 10 reps
225lbs x 8 reps
275lbs x 4 reps

Hammer Dips
180lbs x 10 reps
230lbs x 8 reps
230lbs x 7 reps

Kick ass workout, my chest is dust!!! I feel great, very enthused and excited about tihs stack.

I did walk out the gym with the same sense of satisfaction in exhaustion that I get with my core/compound days, it was great. It's been awhile since I felt so good about a workout.

I've moved up two reps since last week on my opening incline press set, so something definitely ignited when I combined the two supplements. Had I had a spotter, I probably could have gone another rep on my own and one more assisted, but that's the downside of solo workouts on free bench (for me).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Death by Core & Compound

Raw Squats (ATG)
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
205lbs x 8 reps
225lbs x 6 reps

Raw Deads
135lbs x 10 reps
185lbs x 8 reps
235lbx x 8 reps
285lbs x 6 reps

Raw Barbell Hack Squats
135lb x 10 reps
155lbs x 8 reps
185lbs x 6 reps

Leg Press
180lbs x 10 reps
270lbs x 10 reps
360lb x 8 reps
450lbs x 6 reps

For my unconditioned legs, by bodybuilding standards, this workout really took me out.

Quick Confession
I brought my wraps to the gym today and had intended on using them for the dead lifts, however, after my first warm up set using my wraps, I discovered that it felt really off. I was missing the upper extremity intensity that stressed my arms when I gripped the bar raw.

I completed my actual working sets without my wraps and it felt much better. My grip is already feeling much stronger then it was when I first abandoned my wraps and at this particular season, I'm preferring the intensity and energy expenditure of raw gripping on the deads.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
dat der prime-ah! :knockedout:
My chest is still pretty toast, and I don't expect it to be recovered for another couple of days, but I did smash the ever-love'n hell out of them.

MrBigPR

MrBigPR

NutraPlanet Rep
Awards
  • Established
:clap2: Awesome workout brosef. You killed it. How's the lumbar feelin?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:clap2: Awesome workout brosef. You killed it. How's the lumbar feelin?
Thanks. Lumbar usually feels good post workout. The muscles are still contracted to a higher then normal degree and the circulation is still a-flow'n. It's usually the next day that I may feel some oddities, like spurts of muscle spasms or a soreness that borders on concern. However, I think my back is getting stronger and more stable in general. I'm progressing at a reasonable speed, so I think I'm giving my body the allotted time to appropriately adjust. Thanks for ask'n.

:usa:

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I agree with you on using your grip for deads. When I use straps it feels like the weight is just hanging from my shoulder joints. When I grip the bar raw the entire upper shoulder region becomes involved. I will not be using straps again.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with you on using your grip for deads. When I use straps it feels like the weight is just hanging from my shoulder joints. When I grip the bar raw the entire upper shoulder region becomes involved. I will not be using straps again.
I totally concur - especially considering that my forearms are always a weakpoint for me. The hand-activation brings in the entire arm into the lift much better.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
The hand-activation brings in the entire arm into the lift much better.
100% agree!

That's the part the lift that felt "off", when I used the wraps and that's exactly the part that felt "on" again, when I took the wraps off.

Which was an odd experience, considering how much I was previously, over-dependent on my wraps.

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nothing has so improved my overall performance as heavy, raw deads. Whether it's bench, squat, military, weighted dips or chins; they've all improved because of the overall strength increases that dls promote.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
HAH! That is awesome, and I have no idea where you found my video.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He must have gotten powned on his comments section. Lame ROM is one thing, lame ROM using big weight compounds the lamage'ness. Consequently, the two are usually synonymous.

I've actually seen worse, AND on the Smith to boot. I've got no qualms with Smith Squats, but if on the Smith you're still doing knee twitches, AND using big weight... stop it. Gym pass and driver's license revoked... maybe U.S. Citizenship.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
He must have gotten powned on his comments section. Lame ROM is one thing, lame ROM using big weight compounds the lamage'ness. Consequently, the two are usually synonymous.

I've actually seen worse, AND on the Smith to boot. I've got no qualms with Smith Squats, but if on the Smith you're still doing knee twitches, AND using big weight... stop it. Gym pass and driver's license revoked... maybe U.S. Citizenship.
I personally like BB Smith Squats: extremely close and forward stance, with a very deep eccentric motion. I have accentuated the tear-drop nicely with those. This is using 225 with slower reps, though; so no giant weights.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nothing has so improved my overall performance as heavy, raw deads. Whether it's bench, squat, military, weighted dips or chins; they've all improved because of the overall strength increases that dls promote.
When I was doing big deads on a regular basis (back in the day), when 405lbs was my first working set of 8-10 reps, up to 495. I can honestly say that was when I was the strongest & thickest, overall. My most notable strength was anything back related. My back strength was in a skewed ratio compared to anything else. I'm just glad to be able to do Deads at all. I don't know if I'll ever get to that level of deads, my prime concern being the trustworthiness of my lumbar (and raw grip), but I'm enjoying what I can do right now. No complaints. I think my sub-par opening squats humbles me and keeps my ego in check, so when it's time for deads, there's zero, alpha male ego driving me to go buck wild.

I really used to enjoy sliding on 4 & 5 wheels to the barbell for deads. At "my gym," that was a lot, I mean like, I might have had thee strongest dead of all the members day & night ("at my gym") and I won't lie, I enjoyed the envy, buuuuut, like I said, I'm grateful for what I can do at the moment.

metroba

metroba

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It nice to hear that you are keeping your head up and staying positive. Your numbers are decent bro. I'm still jealous :lol:

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
It nice to hear that you are keeping your head up and staying positive. Your numbers are decent bro. I'm still jealous :lol:
Gracias, Rob. Nothing like going through seriously debilitating injuries that will put a lot of luxuries into perspective. When I wasn't able to move, specifically, walking, without second to second sharp & shooting pains, I didn't care about deads, squats, crunches or curls, I just wanted badly to be pain free. Hell, less pain would have been good enough. Ever since then, my bodybuilding OCD was a bit relaxed.

:whiner::whiner::whiner:

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Is your core feeling stronger as a Lycan?

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anyone else watch the Food Network? God this stuff makes me want to travel (and eat).

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Padma Lakshmi from Top Chef has her moments as well.