Vitamins/Minerals

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
With all these "staples" threads, thought I'd start this one. Plus I am of the camp that believes multis/all in ones aren't the best idea.

So what vitamins/Minerals do you take?

Vit. D: 5,00O IU
Vit. C: 500mg twice a day
P-5-P: 50mg twice a day
Vit. E(Tocomin Suprabio): 50mg twice a day
Zinc Picolinate: 22mg
Magnesium Citrate: 225mg
Boron Glycinate: 9mg
Selenium: 5 Brazil nuts

I'd like to add in Vit. B12 and Vit. K but not sure where to start with those, or if I can even afford to supplement with Vit. K.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I take magnesium and Vit D, that's about it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With all these "staples" threads, thought I'd start this one. Plus I am of the camp that believes multis/all in ones aren't the best idea.

So what vitamins/Minerals do you take?

Vit. D: 5,00O IU
Vit. C: 500mg twice a day
P-5-P: 50mg twice a day
Vit. E(Tocomin Suprabio): 50mg twice a day
Zinc Picolinate: 22mg
Magnesium Citrate: 225mg
Boron Glycinate: 9mg
Selenium: 5 Brazil nuts

I'd like to add in Vit. B12 and Vit. K but not sure where to start with those, or if I can even afford to supplement with Vit. K.
Vit D3 - 2000 to 5000 iu depending on the season
ZMA

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like taking the all in one multis just because a lot of the times I can't get all of those minerals and vitamins from my diet alone. But thats just me. Everyone is different.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Anavite Powder - 1 scoop/day usually
Vitamin C - 1g/day

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just one scoop of life extension neuro-mag before bed (has magnesium l-threonate, calcium and vitamin d).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You can find a 2-Pack of LEF Super-K for $30 - that's 180 days at ~$0.17/Day.

Supplement Facts

Serving Size 1 softgel
Amount Per Serving

Vitamin C (as Ascorbyl Palmitate) 10 mg
Vitamin K Activity 2700 mcg
Vitamin K1 (as Phytonadione) 1500 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-4) 1000 mcg
Vitamin K2 (as Menaquinone-7) 200 mcg

Other ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, gelatin, glycerin, beeswax, purified water, carob color.
Non-GMO

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Outside OT, I also ad vitamin d3, magnesium citrate, vitamin c and zinc.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just one scoop of life extension neuro-mag before bed (has magnesium l-threonate, calcium and vitamin d).
Hey. Someone who actually uses mg l-threonate. Tell me honestly what do you notice from it and what dose and how long have you used? I'm eyeing it but its so costly!

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are quite a few but the most important are D3 and potassium.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You can find a 2-Pack of LEF Super-K for $30 - that's 180 days at ~$0.17/Day.
That is actually pretty awesome. Thank you.

Ive done enough reading on Vit. K, so I'm somewhat informed on what to look for. I'll have to move some things around to fit this perfectly into my supp budget, but it is a pretty damn good deal.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
There are quite a few but the most important are D3 and potassium.
I have a bottle of potassium in my supp droor. Why donyou consider it so important? I eat a banana a day(not that I ever considered that enough to cover my daily need) so I figured any extra wasn't too necessary.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Now someone help me with the B-12. I know there's a few different forms, and then pills, sublingual and injectable. Plus no clue on dossage.

Probably should do some research on my own, but ya'll are just so nice and helpfull.

rob112

rob112

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Now someone help me with the B-12. I know there's a few different forms, and then pills, sublingual and injectable. Plus no clue on dossage.

Probably should do some research on my own, but ya'll are just so nice and helpfull.
Methylcobalamin, and dosage and all is tough because there are limiting factors in absorption that vary person to person. Only really way to be certain is with labs. If not going labs route definitely at least methylcobalamin if taking B-12.

josun

Awards
  • Established

I take jarrow formula b12 it's has 5000mcg I take it pre work out

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey. Someone who actually uses mg l-threonate. Tell me honestly what do you notice from it and what dose and how long have you used? I'm eyeing it but its so costly!
I've only used it for a couple weeks at a dose of 144 mg magnesium (along with the calcium and vitamin d in the powder) and the main thing I notice is just better sleep. My mood does seem to be a little better/more stable in the morning and I'm also not as groggy. However, I think that's just due to the better sleep. I used to take magnesium glycinate (200-400 mg) but it wasn't really helping lately (seemed to give me energy the last few weeks instead of making me tired at night). So far, magnesium l-threonate seems to be working much better. We'll see if that continues though...

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Is there not issues with absorption? Thought that was the reason for sublingual?

What do you all feel from B12? Does it really help with energy?

Time for me to go do some googling.

josun

Awards
  • Established
Is there not issues with absorption? Thought that was the reason for sublingual?

What do you all feel from B12? Does it really help with energy?

Time for me to go do some googling.
sublingual is the best way I believe, i do notice more mind muscle connection