Standing pin wheel curl

Straight set rep goal 11-20
40 pound dumbbells

1)15 reps

Horizontal calf raise

Straight set rep goal 10-12

1)255 x 14 reps

V squat

(Full range of motion right down to the bottom stop)
Straight set rep goal 6-10
335 pounds

1)14 reps

Widowmaker

Rep goal 20
279 pounds

1) 20 reps

(That widowmaker took it all out of me )

Romanian deadlift

Straight set
275 pounds

1) 10 reps

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice post Xmas workout!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Cardio is just no fun !!! But necessary....

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout log

Dumbbell Incline Press

Rest pause rep goal 15-20
75 pounds Dumbbells

1) 13
2) 8
3) 4

Rep total 25

Increase weight next workout

Dumbbell Seated Press

Rest pause rep goal 15-30
60 pound dumbbells

1) 13
2) 9
3) 5

Rep total 27

Dips

Body weight plus 25 pounds

1) 13
2) 7
3) 4

Rep total 24 reps

Wide grip chin ups

Body weight plus 10 pounds

1) 11
2) 6
3) 4

Rep total 21 reps

Deadlift

* I should have went lighter on the first set of these, it’s definitely an adjustment doing the big compound movements last. I’m used to doing the heavy lifts first and I’m going to have to adjust my weights and lift a lot less doing them last.

Straight set rep goal
First set 5-8
Second set 9-12

Set 1
375 * 5 reps

Set 2
275 * 15 reps

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On the chin ups I would just go with Body Weight till you can hit about 25

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Killing the Cardio Dude !!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So at 2 weeks in now do you have any feedback regarding the product, or nothing to mention yet?

I noticed you are doing a lot of cardio, I assume for consistency sake this will be kept up for the entire log as well? Changing it would definitely skew your planned caloric increases.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Progress report

Hip 38

Waist 33.5

Right Thigh 25

Left Thigh 25.4

Chest 40.5

Right arm 16

Left arm 15 5/8

IMG_0123.JPG
IMG_0122.JPG
IMG_0147.JPG
IMG_0150.JPG
IMG_0159.JPG

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout log

Barbell spider curl

75 pound easy curl bar

1) 14
2)9
3)8

Rep total 31

Hammer curl

Straight set rep goal 15-20
45 pound dumbbells

1) 16

Standing calf raise

290 pounds

1) 12 reps

Lying leg curl

155 pounds

1)9
2)7
3)6

Rep total 22

Leg press

Straight set/ widow maker
Straight set rep goal 5-8

1) 893 x 8

2) 693 x 23

jtmass

jtmass

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
From the start till now:

1) change in body weight?
2) change in body fat?
3) Increase in Muscle?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
From the start till now:

1) change in body weight?
2) change in body fat?
3) Increase in Muscle?
Everything is posted on the first page of the log. Beginning measurements and body fat percentage along with starting weight. Body fat is up, muscle is up, weight is up.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
In another two weeks I will do everything again and take pictures. I will provide updated measurements, an updated scale weight picture, body fat reading from Skulpt and progress photos.

I am now at 4500 calories a day. At the end of the 8 weeks I will be doing a cut for sure.

Bagofturdwind

Bagofturdwind

Awards
  • Established
In another two weeks I will do everything again and take pictures. I will provide updated measurements, an updated scale weight picture, body fat reading from Skulpt and progress photos.

I am now at 4500 calories a day. At the end of the 8 weeks I will be doing a cut for sure.
You may want to eat at maintenance or a slight caloric surplus for a few weeks after your 8 week run to let your body become comfortable with any new muscle gained. Going from a dramatic surplus right into a cut can result in a wicked yo-yo effect that may not net much muscle gain after all is said and done. But yeah, I do agree you’ll probably need that cut seeing you gained 1.3% body fat in just 2 weeks. I know you wanted to stick to 4500+ cals a day throughout the whole cycle, but I’d consider a maintenance day on your laziest (off) day of the week. If not, good luck man. You’ll surely be putting to test the theory that Vector needs a crazy surplus to work - I just hope you don’t find yourself with 20+% body fat at the end of this when you started pretty lean.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Looking Good !!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
You may want to eat at maintenance or a slight caloric surplus for a few weeks after your 8 week run to let your body become comfortable with any new muscle gained. Going from a dramatic surplus right into a cut can result in a wicked yo-yo effect that may not net much muscle gain after all is said and done. But yeah, I do agree you’ll probably need that cut seeing you gained 1.3% body fat in just 2 weeks. I know you wanted to stick to 4500+ cals a day throughout the whole cycle, but I’d consider a maintenance day on your laziest (off) day of the week. If not, good luck man. You’ll surely be putting to test the theory that Vector needs a crazy surplus to work - I just hope you don’t find yourself with 20+% body fat at the end of this when you started pretty lean.
That sounds like a good plan. I will try my best to maintain the weight for a month at the end of the log. I’m hoping I don’t get fat during this log but I’m going to see this through to the end. I know that as a put on more and more body fat I will be more likely to gain additional body fat moving forward over lean muscle mass. So if this product doesn’t work as the creator intended then I could very well end up being 20 plus percent body fat by the end of this log. Only time will tell.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is only one way to find out .....

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That sounds like a good plan. I will try my best to maintain the weight for a month at the end of the log. I’m hoping I don’t get fat during this log but I’m going to see this through to the end. I know that as a put on more and more body fat I will be more likely to gain additional body fat moving forward over lean muscle mass. So if this product doesn’t work as the creator intended then I could very well end up being 20 plus percent body fat by the end of this log. Only time will tell.
I was going to say, don't detour from the plan in any way now, no maintenance on rest days. Feed it like you said, if Vector can't keep up you are getting fat call it for what it is, and say did not work as well as predicted, that you are getting too fat and need to drop calories because the product did not justify the surplus.

That is kind of the point of it right? If you get to a point you have to yield the caloric increase in any way due to gaining fat too fast you have already proven the high caloric surplus is not justified or needed. If not and you are packing on more muscle than fat then you are proving it works as predicted.

However I would just take it to whatever your personal cut off point for fat gain is. No farther than that, you don't have to get fat to prove or disprove this, just to the end of your composition comfort zone and then make whatever adjustments you need to and then just tell us you had to make an adjustment and why.

In the end just call it like you see it. Hopefully that is noticeably more muscle growth than usual.

Reactions: Nac
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say, don't detour from the plan in any way now, no maintenance on rest days. Feed it like you said, if Vector can't keep up you are getting fat call it for what it is, and say did not work as well as predicted, that you are getting too fat and need to drop calories because the product did not justify the surplus.

That is kind of the point of it right? If you get to a point you have to yield the caloric increase in any way due to gaining fat too fast you have already proven the high caloric surplus is not justified or needed. If not and you are packing on more muscle than fat then you are proving it works as predicted.

However I would just take it to whatever your personal cut off point for fat gain is. No farther than that, you don't have to get fat to prove or disprove this, just to the end of your composition comfort zone and then make whatever adjustments you need to and then just tell us you had to make an adjustment and why.

In the end just call it like you see it. Hopefully that is noticeably more muscle growth than usual.
You can count on me to not wimp out and lower calories. We are giving vector a run for its money here. If I get fat so be it , cutting is easy, putting on real size naturally is not .

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout log

Dumbbell flat bench press

Rest pause rep goal 20-30
90 pound dumbbells

1)15
2)7
3)4

Rep total 26

Barbell seared shoulder press

135 pound barbell

1)9
2)6
3)3

Rep total 18 reps

Close grip bench press

Straight set rep goal 11-15
185 pound barbell

1) 9 reps

* Failed to beat last workout , lost a rep. Time to switch exercise out

MTS Machine Row

120 pounds per side

1)10
2)6
3)5

Rep total 21

Barbell row straight set rep goal 10-12
190 pound barbell

1)14

Increase weight next workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Not every workout can be a new PR, don't be to hard on your self

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

That’s the point of DC though, you beat previous rep w/ same weight or switch exercises.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That’s the point of DC though, you beat previous rep w/ same weight or switch exercises.
Yep stagnation is not allowed. Although i have also seen a lot of people recommend to give it a second attempt to see if you do not recover, IE just to see if it was not just a bad day. Especially if a skill lift that you are trying to improve on. However in general for hypertrophy switching out at the first sign of stagnation makes perfect sense, it provides new stimulus, and also limits the risk of repetitive use injury by changing the movement pattern ever so slightly.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This is a big part of why the cardio portion is important and you are doing a great job keeping up with the cardio.
If you start to get softer than you want drop carbs a bit or cut them off earlier and add more fats and protein.
Strategic carb placement is important here. Breakfast, Pre and Post training is about all the carbs you really need. Especially if your getting soft.
Expect to gain some percentage of bodyfat but If your gaining more than maybe 5% alterations need to be made to diet and cardio.
As you know the goal isnt primarily to gain bodyweight its to gain muscle mass. Some bodyfat gain in a massive bulk is acceptable (expecially sans anabolic steroids) but we dont want you fat at the end.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I think I disagree here at least to a point.
In any diet adjustments need to be made along the way. No intelligent diet coach would prescribe a diet and just say adhere strictly to this period and never look at it again. He would be fired and for good reason. Even with high doses of AAS I wouldnt suggest this. Everyone has seen pictures of heavily geared guys who are fat as hell. Steroids not working? No, diet coach not working.
Adjustments will almost certainly need to be made along the way.
This is a big part of the problem people have growing as bodybuilders. Lack of guidance from someone who knows what they are doing.
If you just eat as much as you can everyday aimlessly you will almost certainly get fat regardless of supplementation of any kind except for maybe t3 and clen etc.

So....keep an eye on bodyfat.
If you start getting soft make adjustments. Im not suggesting pulling calories. Im suggesting shifting them from carbs to fats and protein.
And cut off carbs earlier.
And increase cardio. Say your doing 20, go to 30.
Fat will drop off quickly as muscle continues to climb.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

THis is the goal with DC. Progress. Period. 100% of the time you are aiming for a new goal.
This is why the reps are much higher and why we use rest pause sets.
pfresh
Usually I wouldnt switch out unless I had been stuck at least 2x sessions with the same exercise because sometimes you just have a bad day.
If next time you cant hit the increase pull it and sub with a new one. When you eventually come back to this exercise youll be much stronger.

Your killing it so far bro, keep up the hard work.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think I disagree here at least to a point.
In any diet adjustments need to be made along the way. No intelligent diet coach would prescribe a diet and just say adhere strictly to this period and never look at it again. He would be fired and for good reason. Even with high doses of AAS I wouldnt suggest this. Everyone has seen pictures of heavily geared guys who are fat as hell. Steroids not working? No, diet coach not working.
Adjustments will almost certainly need to be made along the way.
This is a big part of the problem people have growing as bodybuilders. Lack of guidance from someone who knows what they are doing.
If you just eat as much as you can everyday aimlessly you will almost certainly get fat regardless of supplementation of any kind except for maybe t3 and clen etc.

So....keep an eye on bodyfat.
If you start getting soft make adjustments. Im not suggesting pulling calories. Im suggesting shifting them from carbs to fats and protein.
And cut off carbs earlier.
And increase cardio. Say your doing 20, go to 30.
Fat will drop off quickly as muscle continues to climb.
Oh I completely agree this is how one should be intelligently coached.

My understanding of this particular log was that it was to be the opposing side of the log run by The Solution who maintained caloric level. This one was to push the calories hard, and progressively to see if Vector truly justified the massive surpluses being mentioned as needed. That is why I said to stick to the plan, it had a specific intent, to see if the massive surplus was more beneficial and the key to making the product shine.

In the end here we said the same thing... make the adjustments, don't get fat just to prove a point. Just say oops I overestimated how much i could feed while on Vector and need to lower cals a bit. Or maybe he blows us out of the water with LBM gains.

If increasing cardio without increasing calories then you are increasing the deficit which is effectively doing the same thing. However I think we would both agree that for him he really doesn't have much room, and definitely not a need to increase his cardio. He is doing a few 45 minute sessions a week right now isn't he? Moving up from there would likely be counterproductive. If he were to adjust in any way from there to get a larger deficit it should be via intake adjustment rather than expending more. No reason to eat into recovery ability, or spend that much time at the gym. Wouldn't you agree?

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh I completely agree this is how one should be intelligently coached.

My understanding of this particular log was that it was to be the opposing side of the log run by The Solution who maintained caloric level. This one was to push the calories hard, and progressively to see if Vector truly justified the massive surpluses being mentioned as needed. That is why I said to stick to the plan, it had a specific intent, to see if the massive surplus was more beneficial and the key to making the product shine.

In the end here we said the same thing... make the adjustments, don't get fat just to prove a point. Just say oops I overestimated how much i could feed while on Vector and need to lower cals a bit. Or maybe he blows us out of the water with LBM gains.

If increasing cardio without increasing calories then you are increasing the deficit which is effectively doing the same thing. However I think we would both agree that for him he really doesn't have much room, and definitely not a need to increase his cardio. He is doing a few 45 minute sessions a week right now isn't he? Moving up from there would likely be counterproductive. If he were to adjust in any way from there to get a larger deficit it should be via intake adjustment rather than expending more. No reason to eat into recovery ability, or spend that much time at the gym. Wouldn't you agree?
Yup I agree.
For sure if he is at multiple 45 min cardio sessions this is about as much as you will ever want.
Because not everyone is the same with regards to overall bodysize, weight, muscle mass, metabolism etc one person may gain considerably more bodyfat than another at the same caloric intake and macro/micro ratios. So we just need to adjust slightly if he is getting soft.

I know that this log will go well. I just want to ensure he doesnt get too chubby but still hits that zone of enough surplus to continue growing.
This is also why I suggest slow caloric ramping.
Like adding 100 per week etc (generally speaking) THis way you can adjust to the new cals from a metabolic perspective but also gastrointestinally.

Im excited to see what the final result is.

BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sure is a pleasure seeing grown men and women with knowledge having civil conversations about training, supplementation, and nutrition without that 1 guy......
That always seems to have to come chime in and bash everything. ...but yet has no logs....pics....history....etc etc....
Nice log OP
Nice to sit back and read and learn from people like MrKleen73 and brundel
Thanks fellas

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yup I agree.
For sure if he is at multiple 45 min cardio sessions this is about as much as you will ever want.
Because not everyone is the same with regards to overall bodysize, weight, muscle mass, metabolism etc one person may gain considerably more bodyfat than another at the same caloric intake and macro/micro ratios. So we just need to adjust slightly if he is getting soft.

I know that this log will go well. I just want to ensure he doesnt get too chubby but still hits that zone of enough surplus to continue growing.
This is also why I suggest slow caloric ramping.
Like adding 100 per week etc (generally speaking) THis way you can adjust to the new cals from a metabolic perspective but also gastrointestinally.

Im excited to see what the final result is.
Me too, I also like the 100 a week, it makes it very easy to just add 25g of carbs to the peri-workout nutrition if you want to keep things super simple, then spread them out as volume of food peri workout gets a bit high.

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Me too, I also like the 100 a week, it makes it very easy to just add 25g of carbs to the peri-workout nutrition if you want to keep things super simple, then spread them out as volume of food peri workout gets a bit high.
Exactly. Ive tried the shift from like 3k to 5k quickly. Its nearly impossible.
Stomach and gi tract gets worked and you rapidly gain bodyfat. Miserable.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Cardio

I took the stairs

40 minutes

440 calories

I was sweating a lot more the normal from this, I really don’t know why?

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Work out log

Killed it tonight

Preacher curl

Rest pause rep goal 20-30
95 pound ez curl bar

1)16
2)9
3)5

Rep total 30

Reverse grip preacher goal

Straight set rep goal 12-20
60 pound ez curl bar

1) 16 reps

Seated plate calf raise

150 pounds

1) 11

MTS Kneeling leg curl

115 pounds per side

Left leg

1)14
2)11
3)6

Rep total 31

Right leg

1)14
2)10
3)6

Rep total 30

Barbell pause squat. Slow negative.Ass to grass sitting in the hole for 3 seconds

Straight set rep goal 4-8
250 pounds

1) 9

Ass to grass widow maker
Normal pace squats
210 pounds

1) 22 reps

I was ready to give up at 15 but I dug deep and got this done!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Looking pretty dang good in here!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
"I was ready to give up at 15 but I dug deep and got this done!"

Digging Deep are where the Gains are Made !!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Missed a cardio day earlier on this week due to the holiday. I wanted to spend time with “ma femme” and the gym was closed. So I made it up today on my normal rest day.

I’m following the exact protocol that was laid out by brundel for bulking on vector to the best of my ability. I look at it like this, you always follow the manufacturers guidelines when it comes to your vehicle maintenance so why would I treat this any different. If in the end the results aren’t what I hoped they would be, no one can say “ you didn’t do this or that right” and if they do it won’t matter to me because I will know I gave it my all and followed the plan to the best of my ability.

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
IMG_0202.JPG

I often make 4 beef roasts at a time for eating during the work week. I also often bake a 10 pound bag of potatoes too. This makes meal prep very easy during the week for dinner. Then when I get home I will make a frying pan full of vegetables, which usually only takes 15 minutes and dinner is served. I don’t add any oils to the vegetables and just cook them as is, nothing added. Boring but it keeps the macros easy to manage. Sometimes I do chicken breasts or pork tenderloin but I always like to have a lot of meat on hand for easy meal prep.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good meal prep can make a big difference in your success ! Nice work !!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout log

Decline Barbell Chest Press

Rest pause rep goal 11-15
Barbell weight 235 pounds

1)8
2)5
3)5

Total reps 18 reps

Standing dumbbell press

55 pound dumbbells

1)6
2)5
3)4

Total reps 15

Ez curl bar skull crusher

Straight set rep goal 15-30
85 pound ez curl bar

1) 20 reps

Chin up

Rest pause rep goal 20
35 pounds around waist

1)10
2)4
3)3

Total reps 17

T bar row

195 pound barbell

1) 11

+ DC stretches
Check out the gains between this workout and today’s workout!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
Workout log

Decline Barbell Chest press

240 pound barbell

1) 10
2)7
3)4

Total reps 21

Standing Dumbbell overhead press

55 pound dumbbells

1)10
2)6
3)5

Rep total 21

Ez bar skull crusher

Straight set rep goal 15-30
85 pound ez bar

1) 24

Weighted chin up

Rest pause rep goal 20
35 pounds around waist

1)10
2) 6
3) 3

Rep total 19

So dang close !!!

T bar row

195 pounds

1) 14

Another great workout! Killed it!

pfresh

pfresh

Awards
  • Established
I think what’s really cool is my weighted chin ups went up despite my body weight gains, I usually always lose ground on those as weight increases

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The Gains are Here !!!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015