Var, Andro, or more Test?

Athenry

Awards
32, lifting for 3 years, ~22% body fat. My goal is size. No known organ issues. Lipids and cholesterol are always very, very good. Liver, heart, kidneys are always in normal range. Blood pressure just below elevated.

I'm on TRT at 100mg/week, I'll continue that after the cycle.

Looking to cycle a compound and see how it helps my bulking.

I want to do this, but I want to do it safely. So I'm here to ask your advice about balancing effectiveness with safety.

I'm considering three options currently:

1. 40mg Anavar + 100mg test for 8 weeks.

2. 330mg 1-Andro + 100mg test for 8 weeks.

3. 200mg test for 8 weeks.

I know everything depends on the person, so I'm looking for personal opinions.

Which option will be the safest?

Which option will be the most effective for gains?

Which option has the best balance of safety and gains?

Or do you have another recommendation?

Last edited:
Sage0607

Sage0607

Awards
32, lifting for 3 years, ~22% body fat. My goal is size. No known organ issues. Lipids and cholesterol are always very, very good. Liver, heart, kidneys are always in normal range. Blood pressure just below elevated.

I'm on TRT at 100mg/week, I'll continue that after the cycle.

Looking to cycle a compound and see how it helps my bulking.

I want to do this, but I want to do it safely. So I'm here to ask your advice about balancing effectiveness with safety.

I'm considering three options currently:

1. Anavar + 100mg test for 8 weeks.

2. 1-Andro + 100mg test for 8 weeks.

3. 200mg test for 8 weeks.

I know everything depends on the person, so I'm looking for personal opinions.

Which option will be the safest?

Which option will be the most effective for gains?

Which option has the best balance of safety and gains?

Or do you have another recommendation?
I would personally say 200 test is pretty safe to be honest. Some guys are actually even prescribed that as trt albeit not commonly. As far as that anavar dose goes that's kind of up there as far as anavar goes 40-60 is usually plenty for most people and would negate a lot of the sides

Athenry

Awards
I would personally say 200 test is pretty safe to be honest. Some guys are actually even prescribed that as trt albeit not commonly. As far as that anavar dose goes that's kind of up there as far as anavar goes 40-60 is usually plenty for most people and would negate a lot of the sides
Thanks for the response.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't format the post so well. That 100mg is for the test. Anavar dose would be whatever a standard beginner dose is. Probably 40mg. So like 40mg Var daily + my standard 100mg TRT. Same logic for the 1-andro.

I'll edit the post to make it a bit more clear.

Sage0607

Sage0607

Awards
Thanks for the response.

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't format the post so well. That 100mg is for the test. Anavar dose would be whatever a standard beginner dose is. Probably 40mg. So like 40mg Var daily + my standard 100mg TRT. Same logic for the 1-andro.

I'll edit the post to make it a bit more clear.
Oh shoot that's my bad then it totally misread that. I don't know anything about 1 test personally but I can say the other 2 options are definitely pretty safe 40 mg of anavar a day + 100 test, and the 200 test are gonna be pretty dang safe at least for most people

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Truthfully if you haven’t cycled before, you should just do a higher dose of Test for 12 weeks. You really should start with one compound your first cycle to see how you respond. Test at 200 mg is really just pretty much a higher TRT dose. Anavar is my favorite oral, now that I’m older, and is generally safe, but it does hit lipids and some people do have sides. I would say run your Test at 300 a week for 12 weeks, and after 8 weeks if everything looks good, you could add in Anavar at 40 a day the last 4 weeks.
Now as far as running a bulk at 22 % BF…..In general unless you’re a power lifter or strength athlete not worrying about weight, you would be better off doing a cut. Get your diet in order with a good Hypertrophy style program, and try to cut about 5-8% BF and I think visually you would like what you see. And after that maybe revisit a bulk. Your muscle size shows up better with less fat. That’s why a 195 lbs guy at 10% BF can look bigger than a 220 lbs guy at say 22-25%. Test and Anavar are great on a cut, and newer lifters, a lot of times when training properly, will gain strength even on a cut. But now with all that said, traditional wisdom and the smartest route, is to cut first, especially since you are on TRT, for 12 to 16 weeks, try to get into that 15 % range, then run the 12 week bulk cycle, cut another 12 to 16 weeks, and run another bulk cycle. I almost guarantee if you eat and train properly, you’ll be way more satisfied after a year, than starting a bulk at a higher BF.
Just trying to be real man.👍

Last edited:
cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Truthfully if you haven’t cycled before, you should just do a higher dose of Test for 12 weeks. You really should start with one compound your first cycle to see how you respond. Test at 200 mg is really just pretty much a higher TRT dose, and and Andro really is a waste of money with Test on board. Anavar is my favorite oral, now that I’m older, and is generally safe, but it does hit lipids and some people do have sides. I would say run your Test at 300 a week for 12 weeks, and then after 8 weeks if everything looks good, you could add in Anavar at 40 a day the last 4 weeks. Save the Andro or sell it if you’re staying on TRT, because basically all it does is convert to Test.
Now as far as running a bulk at 22 % BF…..In general unless you’re a power lifter or strength athlete not worrying about weight, you would be better off doing a cut. Get your diet in order with a good Hypertrophy style program, and try to cut about 5-8% BF and I think visually you would like what you see. And after that maybe revisit a bulk. Your muscle size shows up better with less fat. That’s why a 195 lbs guy at 10% BF can look bigger than a 220 lbs guy at say 22-25%. Test and Anavar are great on a cut, and newer lifters, a lot of times when training properly, will gain strength even on a cut. But now with all that said, traditional wisdom and the smartest route, is to cut first, especially since you are on TRT, for 12 to 16 weeks, try to get into that 15 % range, then run the 12 week bulk cycle, cut another 12 to 16 weeks, and run another bulk cycle. I almost guarantee if you eat and train properly, you’ll be way more satisfied after a year, than starting a bulk at a higher BF.
Solid advice

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
You have plenty of time to plan your coming bulking cycle, since you're several weeks / months of cutting away from the coming bulking cycle anyway, being 22% BF.

Out of those examples you laid out the Anavar + test would be the strongest and have the most sides on health, but shouldn't be really harsh on most users. (Higher) test only would be the best option though, as gphagan said.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Truthfully if you haven’t cycled before, you should just do a higher dose of Test for 12 weeks. You really should start with one compound your first cycle to see how you respond. Test at 200 mg is really just pretty much a higher TRT dose, and and Andro really is a waste of money with Test on board. Anavar is my favorite oral, now that I’m older, and is generally safe, but it does hit lipids and some people do have sides. I would say run your Test at 300 a week for 12 weeks, and then after 8 weeks if everything looks good, you could add in Anavar at 40 a day the last 4 weeks. Save the Andro or sell it if you’re staying on TRT, because basically all it does is convert to Test.
Good post. I'll note though that it's 1-Andro in one of his options, not 4-Andro.

gphagan1

gphagan1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Good post. I'll note though that it's 1-Andro in one of his options, not 4-Andro.
Ahh, you’re right, my bad, went ahead and edited it …..early morning post and just saw Andro.😂

Last edited:
Sage0607

Sage0607

Awards
I pretty much second this if this is your first cycle so to speak then see how you do with 200 test. Just keep your expectations realistic since it will be a mild cycle. If you do well with 200 test on that cycle then you could look into adding a little anavar on top of the 200 test for the next cycle.