Vacation Training Ideals

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Hi guys,
In the middle of may I am taking a trip with a bunch of my friends to the outer banks in North Carolina. We could probably find access to a gym, but I think training on the beach would be a lot nicer and a good change of pace. I am trying to think of different ideals for effective training and so far this is what I am taking with me:
1 set average jump stretch bands
1 set monster Mini's bands
1 6ft heavy netting
1 car tow rope

I plan on using the netting to make a harness and the tow rope to hook to the harness to pull heavy logs, kegs, etc throw the sand. The jump stretch bands I can use for a ton of different exercise like push ups, rows, squats etc. Then I was thinking since we are going to have a ton of sand there I might buy a military surplus duffel bag, 30x50 and fill it with sand which would give me a 150 pound sandbag to do snatches, heavy carries, ballistic presses.

Sorry for the long post but anyone else have any ideas?

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
yes, pmiller. set up your vacation to where you can take a break and enjoy it!

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Normally I would just say f*** it and just relax, but I think since I am doing a sponsored log it would be unfair to the companies if I didn't train.

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
ah, that's a bird of a different color. suggestion, watch 'Rocky 4' and then follow that training program, except not in snow, of course.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
are you friends bodybuilders or into lifting regularly? How long you gonna be there?

I went in march for three other guys who went into working out. One I got to workout with me. We were there a week(6 days) Have fun and let loose man.

=

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
Theres like 15 of us all going, two of the guys are my usual training partners though. I think we are there for seven days, it should be a pretty decent time. Did you guys find a gym there smeton??

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Theres like 15 of us all going, two of the guys are my usual training partners though. I think we are there for seven days, it should be a pretty decent time. Did you guys find a gym there smeton??
Yes the hotel we were at had a decent gym. I was maintaining just because and I partyied it up. So one week isnt going to hinder progress if you dont workout at all or just maintain. its the one week in your life to let loose and get away from the gym. Live it up..

Manimalia

Manimalia

Awards
  • Established
[nomedia="http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ns6p_8wGPXY"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

pmiller383

pmiller383

Awards
  • Established
[youtube]eRRmqYOoGfc[/youtube]
I was thinking more like this. lol