Short run Var on TRT for vacation

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Hey everyone. I know this might be a really stupid question lol.

Been on HRT for about 6 years or so (140mg test E, 1mg ADEX, 1000iu HCG).

Right now I’m sitting at around 14%ish BF. Started lifting again after almost a year off with an injury last month. Recomposition js happening pretty quickly.

I have a bottle of Var with about 45x 20mg tabs left from a cycle a couple years back. Wife and I leave for vacation in 2 weeks and was thinking about running 20mg/ day for 14 days in a slight deficit to see if I’ll see a bit of density / dryness from it for the beach, and then come off while I’m in Jamaica (would rather not bring it / indulge in a couple drinks on it). Taking milk thistle / tudca / Hawthorne berry. All that fancy herbal stuff to keep everything in check.

Potentially starting back up again when I’m back for another 4 weeks.

My main concern is the week off and back on, I’m assuming it’s not gonna do any harm and it’s worth a shot for some tabs I forgot I had especially considering the dose is quite low at 20.

Bad idea?

Thanks!

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
If your trying to cram a 2 week orals to get that cosmetic effect I'd do a high dose, 60-80mg
Will I start to see sides at that dose and would it inhibit the liver enough to have to stay away from the booze on the trip?

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No1 can answer that for you. I can say that unless you have some kind of underlying medical condition then you will probably be fine. I can also say if you want dramatic changes in 2 weeks the steroids will be minimal in what's gonna happen. I would crash diet by dropping carbs, eating the majority of your calories from lean protein and and a small to moderate amount of fat and then start a slow carb load 2 days before you go on vacation. That's gonna do more then 2 weeks on anavar

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
No1 can answer that for you. I can say that unless you have some kind of underlying medical condition then you will probably be fine. I can also say if you want dramatic changes in 2 weeks the steroids will be minimal in what's gonna happen. I would crash diet by dropping carbs, eating the majority of your calories from lean protein and and a small to moderate amount of fat and then start a slow carb load 2 days before you go on vacation. That's gonna do more then 2 weeks on anavar
Great tip.

You think doing 2 weeks on, coming off for a week then back on will have any ill effects? I’m under the assumption that because I’m on TRT I won’t really have to worry about shutdown etc

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond!

scoooter

scoooter

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great tip.

You think doing 2 weeks on, coming off for a week then back on will have any ill effects? I’m under the assumption that because I’m on TRT I won’t really have to worry about shutdown etc

Really appreciate you taking the time to respond!
Just a quick comment - It may very well depend on your vacation plans because if there is an all inclusive bar then it's a safer route to follow the strict diet and avoid the var.

drejb

drejb

Awards
  • Established
Just a quick comment - It may very well depend on your vacation plans because if there is an all inclusive bar then it's a safer route to follow the strict diet and avoid the var.
It is all inclusive! At 20 mg for 2 weeks for a little boost, u think the all inclusive thing will be that much of a detriment to liver health even if I’m not taking it the week of vacation?

I always assumed 20mg is a mild dose with very little hepatoxicity. I may be wrong. Appreciate your advice!

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
2 weeks at 20mgs? To me, the juice just ain't worth the squeeze. I'd actually rather save it and just run 20mgs per day for 45 days alongside test or some other cycle.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Unless you’re a woman or weight less than 135lb, 20mg of Var won’t do anything in 2 weeks. If I wanted a cosmetic effect in 2 weeks, I would run 100mg of Var ed/diet really hard then enjoy the vacation and then take a break from anything but TRT after.

I wouldn’t bother to start the Var back up after the vacation regardless, unless you’re planning on being on your diet/ training during your vacation.

Last edited:
mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
20mg is a big nothing burger. Run it at 60-80mg and you might see something. Ran Var more times than I can count, don't really notice anything in the mirror until week 4. Take that for what you will.