Vacation and diet advice

mattyboy86

Awards
Ok here it is, im a 21 year old guy, just turned 21, I am going down to cancun with about 5 of my buddies and noon of them are really gym guys like me and they are not concerned woth what they eat and drink etc. Im going to go down there and have a good time but I am going to try and remain somewhat concious about what I am eating and drinking. Does anybody have any advice about what I should drink alcohol wise, or maybe a workout routine I should do for that week. Also how detrimental is a week of partying to my bodybuilding. If somewhat could post a reply I would appreciate it. Thanks

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
F*ck it. Go and have fun. Use it as a 'deload' or 'break from the gym' week.

Get some cardio in with the ladies and have a good time...

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rum and Diet Coke is a good drink, I find.

Avoid Pina Coladas and Margaritas/daquiris as the sugar content will destroy your body.

Beer, for me, is a hit or miss....Newcastle kills me, corona kills me while Rolling Rock and Killian's do not seem to bloat me at all.
Bring some NAC and Milk Thistle, and preferentially something like DCP to help with damage control.

mattyboy86

Awards
kk sounds good thanks for the advice fellas, I heard that a high quality vodka such as grey goose alone is one of the best drinks to have if u must have a drink but room and diet coke works for me as well.

Xodus

Xodus

Awards
  • Established
kk sounds good thanks for the advice fellas, I heard that a high quality vodka such as grey goose alone is one of the best drinks to have if u must have a drink but room and diet coke works for me as well.

Grey goose is great vodka.

Goose and Soda is decent, no carbs in soda water. I prefer tonic though...

Bum Mahoney

Bum Mahoney

Awards
dsade, if I could ask, what does the DCP do here? Is that for the alcohol, food, or both? I've read a few threads about it, but it seems some say it was for endurance, fat loss, all sorts. It seems that all reviews have been positive, so it caught my eye, but I guess I'm just wondering what the main focus of it is and I respect your advice. I'm heading on a vacation (well, business trip) as well, so thought I'd chime in.
And i want some Bass Ale or Shiner Bock....

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
dsade, if I could ask, what does the DCP do here? Is that for the alcohol, food, or both? I've read a few threads about it, but it seems some say it was for endurance, fat loss, all sorts. It seems that all reviews have been positive, so it caught my eye, but I guess I'm just wondering what the main focus of it is and I respect your advice. I'm heading on a vacation (well, business trip) as well, so thought I'd chime in.
And i want some Bass Ale or Shiner Bock....
It has dual functions...its mechanism being to not only increase the rate and capacity to burn fat, but prevent fat from being stored in adipocytes, keeping it free in the bloodstream until it is burned.

IN a vacation situation, especially when you can anticipate "Hey, we are going out for beer and tacos tonight", acute larger doses can be taken which will be even more effective at mitigating the damage. DCP = Damage Control Protocol.

Under normal circumstances, DCP annihilates the fat you already have on your body, causing a rapid leanout.

Grey Goose - The Guzzling Vodka of choice for Guidos.

Nightwanderer

Nightwanderer

Awards
  • Established
You will be in mexico, why not try out various tequilas, straight shots? take it as an opportunity to learn what you do or don't like about various tequilas. Tequila is my favorite hard liquor,
I much prefer the reposados/ well aged golds. It sits well with me so I don't have to mix it, although I did used to love margaritas before I decided to stop drinking and start lifting.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate to double pimp the thread, but GUT health would be invaluable to you especially in mexico.

Alcohol takes a massive toll on intestinal flora, which is one of the major causes of damage.

mattyboy86

Awards
yea I know alcohol is a killer but I havent gone on a vacation in a while and im not much of a big drinker anyway, I was thining of trying to get up in the morning and get a little bit of cardio in everyday, maybe a jog or something everymorning with some pushups, pullups, situps and dips.

Trauma1

Trauma1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate to double pimp the thread, but GUT health would be invaluable to you especially in mexico.

Alcohol takes a massive toll on intestinal flora, which is one of the major causes of damage.
Very true.

A Gut Health and DCP combo is great way to keep vacation damage to a minimum.

Matty, have fun on the trip. Don't be overly worried about controlling every aspect of your diet on vacation. Gut Health and DCP will help limit the damage if that is a huge concern of yours however.

Just relax and have a good time with your buddies in mexico chasing tail haha. :woohoo:

Btw - I'm also a big Grey Goose and Diet Coke fan myself. :D

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Just get tanked up proper, give yourself a break :) Vodka + diet coke would be a good one to go with, and as others have suggested gut health etc.

I'm just back from a music festival in Germany. Went all out and ate sausages the length of my arm and drank like a mofo the whole time. Kinda regreting it a little but i did manage to put on 2pounds so it can't be all that bad! Detox time! :woohoo:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
drejb Anabolics 9
Weight Loss 6
bmoore Weight Loss 5
thisguyinny Weight Loss 11
Strygwyr Nutrition / Health 22