Ursa-Gel, IML 4-andro and 1-andro creams log

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I started the Ursa-Gel and IML 4-andro and 1-andro creams at 2 pumps of each Sunday. On Monday I started using one pump of Curcuprime on my right shoulder.

My shoulder is doing much better already.
I just wanted to keep my training on the same schedule.

Monday: leg day

Tuesday: recumbent bike

Wednesday: chest & tris

Thursday: cardio (sometimes)

Friday: tanning (sometimes)

Saturday: delts, back & bis

Sunday: church & rest

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Nice, I'm following, I'm on week 2 of a cut and don't wanna run a cycle any time soon so I bumped my trt from 150-200 and staying there, and I'm adding Ursa in probably another week or 2. Also gonna start triton some time next wek

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'm glad that your shoulder is feeling better.

I broke my shoulder last Feb (2022) and had some damage to the ligaments. I started using CurcuPrime Gel from the time it was launched and it has helped tremendously.

I use it on my shoulder and on my leg where my tibia broke and came out thru the calf muscle. It helps a lot with inflammation and pain.

ZLB70

ZLB70

Awards
Following are you trying to cut weight or gain some muscle during this? Curious how your calories will be

Reactions: SBH

BlackPlague

Awards
I started the Ursa-Gel and IML 4-andro and 1-andro creams at 2 pumps of each Sunday. On Monday I started using one pump of Curcuprime on my right shoulder.

My shoulder is doing much better already.
I just wanted to keep my training on the same schedule.

Monday: leg day

Tuesday: recumbent bike

Wednesday: chest & tris

Thursday: cardio (sometimes)

Friday: tanning (sometimes)

Saturday: delts, back & bis

Sunday: church & rest
Isn't 4 andro cream a test base , or does it also heal ? Or did I read that wrong

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Following are you trying to cut weight or gain some muscle during this? Curious how your calories will be
I'm going to call it a lean gainer. My calories will be similar to what I was doing for maintaining but I will definitely throw some carb ups in. Hopefully I will recomp a bit and maybe gain several lbs.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This one is gonna be good. This is a lean gainer BTW. I will be playing around with trying to get a big single on the chest press. It's basically a plated loaded bench press but get to sit like it's an incline. I like the feel better and it's easy to get a perfect arch.

I might get in the squat rack but I'm being careful. If I rep the whole stack on the leg press that'll work.

Anyway here's my first workout:
Flat pause bench:
115 X5
125 X5
135 X5
Cybex plate loaded chest press:
215 X5
215 X5
215 X5
215 X5
215 X5
Cybex flies:
95 X10
95 X10
Vgrip pushdowns:
100 X10
110 X8
120 X5
Cybex tricep extensions
67.5 X10
67.5 X10
Rope pushdowns:
65 X10
65 X10
65 X10
Torso rotation:
70 X 25,25 R&L G25
70 X 25,25
1 hour and 23 minutes!

A chiropractor at the gym taught me to do the light Torso rotation to help the
previously broken hips. I don't have nearly as much pain. Might use the Curcuprime on them too at some point.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nice, I'm following, I'm on week 2 of a cut and don't wanna run a cycle any time soon so I bumped my trt from 150-200 and staying there, and I'm adding Ursa in probably another week or 2. Also gonna start triton some time next wek
You'll like the Ursa on a cut. Ursolic acid helps the fat burning, heightens insulin sensitivity and even helps with lifts and pumps.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like that you got that classic Cybex
I don't care what anyone says, the old school Cybex machines are my favorite! Seems to just hit the muscle perfectly where some newer machines I don't get the same feel/pump from.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I love when you find a Machine that just seems to work for you!

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like that you got that classic Cybex
It's at Nautilus fitness center but I love doing my bench work on it. AAMOF everything I was using including the cable stuff was Cybex.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love when you find a Machine that just seems to work for you!
Yeah I love the lockout on that Matrix leg press also. That's why I don't know if I'll get back in the squat rack or not.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I did an hour on the recombinant bike today but broke it down to 4 15 minute sessions. It's just too hot on that sun porch to do an hour straight thru.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I did an hour on the recombinant bike today but broke it down to 4 15 minute sessions. It's just too hot on that sun porch to do an hour straight thru.
It's definitely hot where I'm at as well. Garage gym is getting pretty toasty. No AC in my garage.

• Wow
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's definitely hot where I'm at as well. Garage gym is getting pretty toasty. No AC in my garage.
I would die. That would be it for me. I used to train in a gym that was considered the hardcore gym in my area - hardcore as in it had dumbbells that went up the highest and had some of the best equipment suited for bodybuilding - but also hardcore as in the sense it was in the basement of a commercial building with only 1 window AC unit for the whole dang place. It was a lock and key gym setup back before there were lock and key chain places.

It got so bad one summer I kept a plug in fan in my truck and would take the thing in with me haha.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is one nice thing about a Basement Gym it never gets to warm !

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I would die. That would be it for me. I used to train in a gym that was considered the hardcore gym in my area - hardcore as in it had dumbbells that went up the highest and had some of the best equipment suited for bodybuilding - but also hardcore as in the sense it was in the basement of a commercial building with only 1 window AC unit for the whole dang place. It was a lock and key gym setup back before there were lock and key chain places.

It got so bad one summer I kept a plug in fan in my truck and would take the thing in with me haha.
I worked out at gym years ago, if you wanted heat in the winter you had to bring your on Kerosene for the heater !

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
One of my gym bros at Nautilus said he lives in a basement apartment and hasn't even turned on his air conditioner yet.

Last edited:
SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm doing good. I did that bike thing yesterday and hit the tanning bed today. My rested heart rate was 59 this morning. Makes me wanna start doing that kettle bells carry/ab workout.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
One of my gym bros at Nautilus said he lives in a basement apartment and hasn't even turned on his air conditioner yet.
As long as your basement is mostly under ground it will stay in the 60's mine is about 65-68 year round and I live in PA

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm doing good. I did that bike thing yesterday and hit the tanning bed today. My rested heart rate was 59 this morning. Makes me wanna start doing that kettle bells carry/ab workout.
If that makes you happy Do It !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That's true. I guess you just have to deal with high humidity sometimes?

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pretty good workout today but I had to drop the hammer curls because my forearm was bugging me doing the regular Alternating curls.
Nothing injured or anything but seemed like a good idea not to do them.

Snap fitness delts, back and biceps:
Matrix plate loaded incline:
135X10
155 X8
185 X4
Leaning cable lat raises:
25 X10,10 L&R
25 X10,10
Matrix lat raises:
70 X10
70 X10
70 X10
Facepulls:
70 X10
70 X10
70 X10
Wide grip pulldowns:
120 X10
120 X10
Reverse grip cable rows:
125 X10
130 X8
135 X6
Alternating dumbbell curls:
30s X10 each arm
30s X10
30s X10
Rope hammer curls
105 X
105 X
Matrix curls:
70 X10
80 X8
90 X6

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pretty good workout today but I had to drop the hammer curls because my forearm was bugging me doing the regular Alternating curls.
Nothing injured or anything but seemed like a good idea not to do them.

Matrix plate loaded incline:
135X10
155 X8
185 X4
Leaning cable lat raises:
25 X10,10 L&R
25 X10,10
Matrix lat raises:
70 X10
70 X10
70 X10
Facepulls:
70 X10
70 X10
70 X10
Wide grip pulldowns:
120 X10
120 X10
Reverse grip cable rows:
125 X10
130 X8
135 X6
Alternating dumbbell curls:
30s X10 each arm
30s X10
30s X10
Rope hammer curls
105 X
105 X
Matrix curls:
70 X10
80 X8
90 X6
I think that's enough volume, you can drop the Hammer Curls (Just This One Time)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Snap fitness is a pretty solid gym or at least the ones I have been to are pretty nice with a lot of equipment.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Snap fitness is a pretty solid gym or at least the ones I have been to are pretty nice with a lot of equipment.
I fell in love with the leg press they have. The lat raise machine fits my body better than the Cybex version. All the Matrix cable stuff is about the same as the Cybex. It's a good gym.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I worked out at gym years ago, if you wanted heat in the winter you had to bring your on Kerosene for the heater !
this was always crossfit life. in the winter you risked ice and in the summer, 90f meant you were lifting in 90f, lol. no AC in an xfit box and the heaters were only there to keep pipes from freezing.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Why do we do what we do ????

I guess we just Love It. Maybe Arnold was on to something !!

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I missed training yesterday because we had to take the cat to the vet. We were very concerned about her and it only cost an arm and a leg. :p

Anyway I didn't skip leg day just moved it to today. I will probably just do chest & tris tomorrow and have to deal with some DOMs Thursday.

Pretty good workout and I'm still creeping the weights up. The bottom of the stack on the leg press is getting closer.

Snap fitness leg day:
Matrix leg press:
230 X10
340*X5
340 X5
340 X5
Feet at top
340 X5
340 X5
Leg ext:
130 X10
130 X10
130 X10
Prone leg curls:
85*X10
85 X10
85 X 10
Hip abduction:
80 X10 G10*
80 X10
80 X10
Hip adduction:
80 X10
80 X10
80 X10
Seated calf raises:
In 115 X20 G20*
Out 115 X20
Mid 115 X20
I think it took about an hour and 20 minutes.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I missed training yesterday because we had to take the cat to the vet. We were very concerned about her and it only cost an arm and a leg. :p
I hope your cat is okay.

I missed a couple hours yesterday because someone called me and there was a kitten in a drain pipe in my neighborhood so spent a couple hours trying to get him out of there. Now, I think I have a new pet - taking him to the vet in the morning to make sure he's okay.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@SBH How your Kitty ??

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
@SBH How your Kitty ??
Griz is doing fine. We were concerned because she kept getting in the liter box and scratching but not doing anything. The diagnosis was a UTI. They gave her an Antibiotic shot for it. I think another part of the problem was her staying on the sun porch all the time(dehydrated).
I put a water bowl on the sun porch and we keep her in more. She doesn't like staying in but until the heat let's up she'll have to.

Last edited:
SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I hope your cat is okay.

I missed a couple hours yesterday because someone called me and there was a kitten in a drain pipe in my neighborhood so spent a couple hours trying to get him out of there. Now, I think I have a new pet - taking him to the vet in the morning to make sure he's okay.
It's great that you were able to save him. You will probably have a little buddy that you'll get attached to quickly. My family finds it hilarious how Griz follows me around the house.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
It's great that you were able to save him. You will probably have a little buddy that you'll get attached to quickly. My family finds it hilarious how Griz follows me around the house.
I love animals. I want to keep him but I'm allergic to cats, so trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Plus, I have no idea how my dogs will interact with him. The first step is get him checked out by the vet in the morning to make sure he's healthy and get any issues addressed and then I'm going to try to figure it out from there.

I have 2 big dogs, 2 little dogs, and an 80 lb. sulcata tortoise.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love animals. I want to keep him but I'm allergic to cats, so trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Plus, I have no idea how my dogs will interact with him. The first step is get him checked out by the vet in the morning to make sure he's healthy and get any issues addressed and then I'm going to try to figure it out from there.

I have 2 big dogs, 2 little dogs, and an 80 lb. sulcata tortoise.
Wow, a tortoise? I've always had a dog or cat and sometimes both but never a tortoise. At least it's a boy. If you have to give it away those are easier.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I have a Maine Coon, which are know for there dog like behavior, he follows me around and than lays at my feet.

Meet Rocky, This was about 5 years ago when I brought him home from the rescue, I just love that tail!

Tail.JPG

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Wow, a tortoise? I've always had a dog or cat and sometimes both but never a tortoise. At least it's a boy. If you have to give it away those are easier.
Yeah, he's the type that you would see at a zoo or a science center. He's a cool pet. I rescued him years ago. People will buy them sometimes and then as they grow realize that they can't handle them or have the proper setup for them. He was surrendered at a vet years ago and someone I knew there called me and told me about him. He's a cool pet. I built an enclosure in my garage and had to add climate control to the garage for him - so he pretty much owns my garage at this point. But I do let him in the house some and he will follow me around like a dog. He knows his name, you can rub his head.

When he was younger I used to would take him to Pet Smart with me but he's too big for that now. I can pick him up, but its difficult to because he's so wide, so it isn't the weight, its balancing it and getting a grip on him. You have to be super careful not to let them fall or anything bc they can crack their shells.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That is a very cool pet, I used to work at a local newspaper and our chief photographer had one I think he told me it was like 80 years old (?)

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I was going to do the 7 X 7 on the chest press with 175 but left a 10 lb off. It worked better this way anyway.

Eventually I will do a pyramid of sets and try at 315+ rep. It would be cool if I could get 365. Haven't done that since the pec tear.

Volume bench & tris
Flat pause bench:
115 X5
125 X5
135 X5
7 X 7 Cybex chest press:
l55 X7
155 X7
165 X7
165 X7
175 X7
175 X7
175 X7
Cybex flies:
95 X 10
95 X10
Cable crossovers:
80 X10
80 X10
80 X10
Vgrip pushdowns:
100 X10
110 X7
120 X5 Ha ha next time
Cybex tricep extensions
67.5 X10
67.5 X10)
Rope push downs:
65 X10
65 X10
65 X10

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am definitely a cat person, your kitty is so cute!

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am definitely a cat person, your kitty is so cute!
Rocky's a cute cat also. I've had a cat in the house all my life so I'm a cat person also.
Before we moved up here with my daughter and son in law I used to do my long walk in the alleys where we lived and people's cats would come to me and let me pet them. Cats know when you're a cat person.