Tunaking14's OL Alphabuild Log

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
First of all I want to give a big shout out to Strong Supplement Shop for sending me a sweet bottle of AlphaBuild by Olympus Labs along with a bottle of ProteX by Vitex Alchemy and a sweet shaker bottle. Thanks AFI 140! I said I would run this without any other similar type supplements so I am finishing up my BMP/Recomp 20 run on Monday and will be logging this starting Tuesday July 11th. The only other supplements in my regimen will be Cadiovascular XT, Cissus, and Alpha Gel along with my vitamin/greens drink. I will be running a slight calorie deficit and concentrate on losing a bit of fat while maintaining my muscle. Current stats are: 52 years old 16-17% body fat. 6' and 216 lbs. I will be taking measurements just before I start logging so I will update those here. I will probably order another bottle as well as I'd love to get an eight week run of this under my belt. Looking foward to starting this next week!

alphabuild.jpg

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I almost forgot- they were gracious enough to send my a coupon with a discount code as well!! Strong Supplement Shop rocks! I just ordered from them yesterday and received an email today saying my shipment has already shipped!! Awesome service as always!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I almost forgot- they were gracious enough to send my a coupon with a discount code as well!! Strong Supplement Shop rocks! I just ordered from them yesterday and received an email today saying my shipment has already shipped!! Awesome service as always!
Appreciate the love! Hope you enjoy Alphabuild!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stoked for this bro!! Can’t wait to see how it treats you

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
in for tuna progress~
yep- bought a second bottle as I want to run it for 8 weeks- I’m thinking the last 4 weeks I’ll add Mass Shift, True Shed, and Abliderate Ammo for a fire stack!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
yep- bought a second bottle as I want to run it for 8 weeks- I’m thinking the last 4 weeks I’ll add Mass Shift, True Shed, and Abliderate Ammo for a fire stack!
Nice bro! Yeah the 4 weeks solo will tell us what it does and then that addition will be

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Finally found my soft tape so I'll try to get some measurements in the morning before my workout. I finished my BMP/Recomp 20 and I'll be dropping my first dose of Alpha Build in the morning!!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finally found my soft tape so I'll try to get some measurements in the morning before my workout. I finished my BMP/Recomp 20 and I'll be dropping my first dose of Alpha Build in the morning!!
Nice brother! Can’t wait

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Okay- weighed in this morning at 215. Popped 2 AlphaBuild gel caps about 30 minutes after I had my morning coffee. I did take them with a teaspoon of peanut butter. I then had a breakfast that consisted of 3 boiled egg whites and one yolk along with a cup of basic oatmeal. I then worked out about 30 minutes later. No strange burps to speak of like others have reported. I think the gel caps actually have a certain pleasant smell to them.

I will be running slightly under maintenance calorie wise. I am not following any "diet" per say but I know my body well and I'll be getting plenty of protein and most of my daily carbs will be from sweet potatoes, brown rice, oatmeal, carrots, and other veggies. Minimal processed carbs. Lots of salmon, chicken and steak.

Today's workout- Chest. Warm up with 5 x 20 push ups to get the blood flowing.

Incline dumbbell 70 lbs x 12, 75 lbs x 12 and 80 lbs x 10, 85 x 8

100 more push ups ( 5 x 20)

Both of my shoulders are trashed and I have been doing everything to avoid surgery so I will be doing a lots of circuit/high rep/super set type training.

Calves- I didn't count but I probably did 12 sets swapping between seated and standing calf raises.

I did get a very nice pump today but it is just the first day of Alpha Build. No complaints so far and I did have a very nice workout!

Daily supps will be Cissus XT, CardioSupport XT, multi/powder, Vit. C powder and Krill oil.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Forgot about my measurements before starting-

Thighs 24.5"
Forearm 14"
Chest 46"
Calves 15"
Upper Arm 15.5"

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice. Sounds like training and diet are definitely in check brother. Appreciate the thoroughness!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Great start on the the log!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 2- popped a couple of caps with a teaspoon of peanut butter. Waited about 30 minutes and then hit back.

Dumbell rows 70 x 12, 75 x 10, 80 x 10, and did a few drop sets to failure

Lat pull downs to the front-(wide grip) 3 high volume start heavy and go down drop sets

Lat pull downs to the front (narrow/supinated grip)- 3 high volume drop sets to failure

Back extensions 3 x 20

Dumbbell shrugs- 3 drop sets 100 lb. dumb bell to start and drop to 80/60/40/20 lb.

Abs- 5 x hanging leg raises/crunches- super sets

30 minutes on the treadmill - 3.6/mph fast walk

I hate training back as it's always been my weak area. Today I had the best back pump I've had in a long time- only 2 days in but I like how it's going so far. I'll probably only weigh in about once a week.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I hate training back as it's always been my weak area. Today I had the best back pump I've had in a long time- only 2 days in but I like how it's going so far. I'll probably only weigh in about once a week.
Start loving it embrace it, build it. Become Wide !!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Day 2- popped a couple of caps with a teaspoon of peanut butter. Waited about 30 minutes and then hit back.

Dumbell rows 70 x 12, 75 x 10, 80 x 10, and did a few drop sets to failure

Lat pull downs to the front-(wide grip) 3 high volume start heavy and go down drop sets

Lat pull downs to the front (narrow/supinated grip)- 3 high volume drop sets to failure

Back extensions 3 x 20

Dumbbell shrugs- 3 drop sets 100 lb. dumb bell to start and drop to 80/60/40/20 lb.

Abs- 5 x hanging leg raises/crunches- super sets

30 minutes on the treadmill - 3.6/mph fast walk

Nice workout! Once you get a good back pump, back become one of your favorite workouts today! :)

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 3 - popped my 2 gel caps of Alpha Build to start my morning with a teaspoon of peanut butter followed by a cup of coffee.

Shoulder day- 5 x super sets of Arnold presses followed by reverse flys
5 x super sets of Face pulls followed by bent over lateral raises
3 x super sets of single arm cable lateral raises followed by barbell press till failure

30 minutes on the treadmill at 3.6 mph

Calves - 5 sets of sitting calf raises - last set a drop set to failure
5 sets of calf press to failure- last set was a drop set

Great workout and pump to

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Great workout and my pump was so good it hurt! My shoulders were on fire! 3 days in and I like what I’m seeing so far!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

That's a pretty good pace !

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

That's a pretty good pace !
Yep that's a fast walk for sure. I try and do this plus jog at 6 every once in awhile.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep that's a fast walk for sure. I try and do this plus jog at 6 every once in awhile.
I could not Run or Jog if my life depended on it. I abused my knee's with heavy squats years ago, now I pay the price !!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff so far! That shoulder pump is a great feeling

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I could not Run or Jog if my life depended on it. I abused my knee's with heavy squats years ago, now I pay the price !!
I'm taking advantage of being able to jog cause I know one day I will not be able to!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Fell asleep early last night and forgot to update. Day 4- popped a couple gel caps and drank some coffee.

Leg day- on vacation so slim pickings on the gym.

warm up - 100 squares with 45 lb. bar only

super set- 3 x jack squat machine followed by leg extensions

super set- hammy curls followed by straight leg dead’s - 4 sets

Abs- 5 x 20 hanging leg raises

3 x 25 crunches

Good workout with a nice pump- I always go light on leg day and focus on getting more striations in my quads- my legs used to over power my build as they were huge and I lived off of heavy squats- I used to love training legs 2 times a week as they were my strongest body part-

No cardio today as my legs were on fire- did a slow 10 minute walk on the treadmill just to get moving a bit-

4 days in- good pumps, no water retention (my wedding ring is always a good indicator by the way it fits)

Cheat meals coming this weekend but I’ll use some GDA’s for a couple of days-

So far so good with Alpha Build

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I’m in vacation right now gorging myself and my wedding ring all of a sudden doesn’t fit funny how that really is a good indicator of bloat and water weight

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I’m in vacation right now gorging myself and my wedding ring all of a sudden doesn’t fit funny how that really is a good indicator of bloat and water weight
The extra sodium intake!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 5- Arm day!

Popped my morning dose of AlphaBuild but skipped breakfast. Fasted cardio - 30 minutes on tread mill at 3.5 mph. Sweated like crazy after having a few beers and a glass of wine the previous night!

Super set- EZ curl bar curls/ Skull crushers 4 sets
Super set- dumb bell curls/ tricep push downs 4 sets
Super set- concentration curls/ dumb bell tricep kick backs 3 sets

Arms were pumped so bad they were hurting!
Abs- 3 sets of 30 crunches and 3 sets of 25 hanging leg raises…

Nice pumps so far- will weigh myself tomorrow!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That pump though… there’s nothing like it

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
That pump though… there’s nothing like it

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Tuesday- Day 6 - off day but I did do Abs and 35 minutes on the treadmill (3.2 mph)
Weighed myself - 215. Same weight but I look leaner/tighter if that makes sense. Alpha Build seems to be doing its job!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wednesday - Day 7
Supposed to be Chest day but I am traveling 8 hours to go back offshore to fill the piggy bank!

Woke up and before I left home I did 140 push ups (7x20)

Got to the rig (currently in Pascagoula, Mississippi)

100 more push ups and a quick light chest workout- Incline dumbbell work and light flat bench work

Dropped 2 Alpha Build 30 minutes before working out- no issues with any burps or anything like that.

Good pump considering how tired I was.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wednesday - Day 7
Supposed to be Chest day but I am traveling 8 hours to go back offshore to fill the piggy bank!

Woke up and before I left home I did 140 push ups (7x20)

Got to the rig (currently in Pascagoula, Mississippi)

100 more push ups and a quick light chest workout- Incline dumbbell work and light flat bench work

Dropped 2 Alpha Build 30 minutes before working out- no issues with any burps or anything like that.

Good pump considering how tired I was.
Traveling always knocks me out. I typically try to put a rest day anytime I have to travel cause for the most part my workouts will usually lag if I do try to workout after I've traveled.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 8

Back day- popped a couple gel caps of Alpha Build and chugged my pre-workout.

Dumbell rows 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 80 x 10, 85 x 8

Old school t-bar rows (barbell in the corner - loaded with a few 45's)- 3 sets to failure

No lat pulldown machines on the rig- sucks!! Hot as heck in the rig weight room.

Finished with 4 sets of dumb bell shrugs 100 lbs x 30, 3 sets

Ab work- hanging leg raises/crunches- 4 x supersets

No cardio- sweating like wild fire- just so hot- weight room isn't air conditioned!

Very good pump on my traps today- which is not normal- my traps are by far my weakest body part- I've always been big arms, very big legs, decent chest, and shoulders, weak back as far as width and very weak traps, big calves.

So far so good with Alpha Build.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Day 8

Back day- popped a couple gel caps of Alpha Build and chugged my pre-workout.

Dumbell rows 70 x 12, 75 x 12, 80 x 10, 85 x 8

Old school t-bar rows (barbell in the corner - loaded with a few 45's)- 3 sets to failure

No lat pulldown machines on the rig- sucks!! Hot as heck in the rig weight room.

Finished with 4 sets of dumb bell shrugs 100 lbs x 30, 3 sets

Ab work- hanging leg raises/crunches- 4 x supersets

No cardio- sweating like wild fire- just so hot- weight room isn't air conditioned!

Very good pump on my traps today- which is not normal- my traps are by far my weakest body part- I've always been big arms, very big legs, decent chest, and shoulders, weak back as far as width and very weak traps, big calves.

So far so good with Alpha Build.
Nice bro. My traps are decent but my calves are sticks . Which leads me to ponder….. what would I rather have? I think it’s calves tbh.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice bro. My traps are decent but my calves are sticks . Which leads me to ponder….. what would I rather have? I think it’s calves tbh.
Nah just wear pants all the time and have big traps! ;)

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back in the day my legs/calves used to get lots of attention from women (mid 1990’s- cut off jeans! Lol- yes I’m old!) I always trained my legs harder than most and trained calves 4-5 days a week. Now I’m happily married and would rather have nice traps lol! A guy can be fairly week in a lot of areas but big traps always makes them look way better.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 9 & 10

Been hard at it offshore (in the shipyard actually) trying to get things ready for our next well. It's been hot and I've been having a hard time staying hydrated.

2 good workouts the last couple of days - back then arms- great pumps so far with Alpha Build.

A couple of guys I haven't seen in awhile commented on me looking leaner- decided to weigh myselft again- 212 lbs. Hmmm....started at 214- still too early to tell as it could be just water weight. Still feeling good and no side effects to report.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A couple of guys I haven't seen in awhile commented on me looking leaner-
That's always the best feeling and knowing that you are making progress!

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 11 &12

Started each day with 2 Alpha Build caps and a cup of black coffee.

Day 11- Shoulder workout- 5 x Supersets - Dumbbell Arnold presses/Cable lateral raises

Day 12 - Legs 5 x supersets Leg press/hack squats

Good pump especially on my shoulders. I started doing some 16/8 fasting the past few day. Weight is at 211- between the heat, workouts, and Alpha Build I am feeling great and starting to see a difference as far as looking "leaner/tighter".

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I started doing some 16/8 fasting the past few day.
I'm thinking about doing this but not sure when I want to be more hungry. In the morning or evening.

Tunaking14

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm thinking about doing this but not sure when I want to be more hungry. In the morning or evening.
It's easy for me when I'm offshore- I was 06:00-18:00. I wake up at 2:30 in the morning have coffee pop my pills and go workout. When I knock off shift, I take a shower and then hop in bed and read and usually fall asleep by 20:00. I'm not sure I could do it at home! lol