TUDCA

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not sure where you heard that, perhaps that was in reference to pure tudca bulk. As for caps, our aim is end of the week/early next week
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET

illriginalize

illriginalize

Awards
SUNOVA... Finally I see that there is in fact other TUDCA supplements (besides Liver Longer), go to NP site and they're out of stock. -.-

How long have they been out of stock? Or do they plan to restock??

Planning to start purchasing all my support supps in the next two weeks but I'll be dead in the water if I can't get TUDCA supp.. in fact I'm not ordering anything until I literally have at least a solid 8 week cycle of TUDCA in my hands first.

There's also Liver Juice (Milk Thistle) but ever since I used TUDCA, I could care less about Milk Thistle beyond my multis.

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
SUNOVA... Finally I see that there is in fact other TUDCA supplements (besides Liver Longer), go to NP site and they're out of stock. -.-

How long have they been out of stock? Or do they plan to restock??

Planning to start purchasing all my support supps in the next two weeks but I'll be dead in the water if I can't get TUDCA supp.. in fact I'm not ordering anything until I literally have at least a solid 8 week cycle of TUDCA in my hands first.

There's also Liver Juice (Milk Thistle) but ever since I used TUDCA, I could care less about Milk Thistle beyond my multis.
what are you running?? PM me bro..liv52 is good stuff, i got you on a tudca source

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
I have sources for tudca....PM

chil

chil

Banned
Awards
N/p just here to help

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just saw this now.. heading over! I bet its outa stock again! lol

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I picked up some of the liver lock, same stuff.

illriginalize

illriginalize

Awards
NP needs to give us the option to select USPS for the package handler. I hate FedEx with a burning passion.

jwa254

jwa254

Awards
  • Established
NP needs to give us the option to select USPS for the package handler. I hate FedEx with a burning passion.
You and me both. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a package with FedEx.

illriginalize

illriginalize

Awards
You and me both. I can't tell you how many times I've lost a package with FedEx.
Oh man... I've heard from friends losing packages. In my case, for some reason it takes FedEx more than a business week (5 days) to deliver packages within the U.S.

Hell I've ordered stuff from Canada that was handled from Canada and domestically through USPS and still received it in 5 days (ordered on Monday morning, received Friday mid-afternoon of the same week).

FedEx is just.. slow as balls. Always has been with my packages =\

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I still have yet to have an issue with FedEx. UPS on the other hand is a different story. I've had everything from delivering to the wrong address to the train carrying my package derailing.

tilldeath

tilldeath

Awards
I still have yet to have an issue with FedEx. UPS on the other hand is a different story. I've had everything from delivering to the wrong address to the train carrying my package derailing.
same here, I tend to have nothing but positives from fed ex.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ups is golden for me. Now fedex sucks! For me

jbree

Awards
Sorry to bump an old thread..but any ETA when it's back in stock?

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
can you take tudca all year round? or should you give yourself a break from time to time...just wondering for those who are on trt or have to take alot of oral meds
Thunder cats, hoooo!

Yes, you can take it 24/7. I would cycle it though.

trn450

trn450

Awards
I'd have to read more, but this product isn't making sense to me. TUDCA is a metabolite of UDCA. Okay, sweet... we see UDCA used clinically for cholesterol gallstones, which makes sense given it's a bile acid. WE also see it in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis But, it seems like people are taking it because it reduces AST/ALT. However, that's in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, which narrows the bile tree meaning that heavy bile production could easily lead to cholestasis, a mechanism by which people with PSC see development of transaminitis (elevated AST/ALT). You'll also notice that although it's reducing an improvement in liver chemistry in patients with PSC, it didn't reduce their mortality or incidence of liver transplantation because all it's doing is addressing the cholestasis aspect of PSC, not the underlying histopathological changes that lead to fulminant hepatic failure. It seems a fair extrapolation to say that if you don't have some form of cholestasis, you shouldn't be expecting too much assistance from TUDCA/UDCA because that's not the primary mechanism by which steroid users are experiencing a transaminitis. We call it "chemical hepatitis" for a reason--the chemical is having a direct effect on the liver's parenchyma.

All I'm seeing here is that, unless you've got confirmed cholesterol gallstones or are unfortunate enough to have symptomatic primary sclerosiing cholangitis, you're supplementing with an expensive product that probably won't do anything to help you combat steroid-induced hepatitis.

NAC on the other hand augments glutathione reserves in the body, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and plays a direct role in detoxification. So, it's supplementation makes a whole lot more sense empirically.

But hey, that's just my .02.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
I'd have to read more, but this product isn't making sense to me. TUDCA is a metabolite of UDCA. Okay, sweet... we see UDCA used clinically for cholesterol gallstones, which makes sense given it's a bile acid. WE also see it in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis But, it seems like people are taking it because it reduces AST/ALT. However, that's in patients with primary sclerosing cholangitis, which narrows the bile tree meaning that heavy bile production could easily lead to cholestasis, a mechanism by which people with PSC see development of transaminitis (elevated AST/ALT). You'll also notice that although it's reducing an improvement in liver chemistry in patients with PSC, it didn't reduce their mortality or incidence of liver transplantation because all it's doing is addressing the cholestasis aspect of PSC, not the underlying histopathological changes that lead to fulminant hepatic failure. It seems a fair extrapolation to say that if you don't have some form of cholestasis, you shouldn't be expecting too much assistance from TUDCA/UDCA because that's not the primary mechanism by which steroid users are experiencing a transaminitis. We call it "chemical hepatitis" for a reason--the chemical is having a direct effect on the liver's parenchyma.

All I'm seeing here is that, if you've got confirmed cholesterol gallstones or are unfortunate enough to have symptomatic primary sclerosiing cholangitis, you're supplementing with an expensive product that probably won't do anything to help you combat steroid-induced hepatitis.

NAC on the other hand augments glutathione reserves in the body, which is a powerful anti-oxidant and plays a direct role in detoxification. So, it's supplementation makes a whole lot more sense empirically.

But hey, that's just my .02.
Yes, you are exactly correct! TUDCA/UDCA should only be viewed as a small adjunct to an already balanced breakfast (NAC, taurine, lecithin, etc..) It's cool that it's available, but the benefits are narrow and the cost is high. Plus, there's probably countless 1000's of bears with catheters hanging out of their abdomens, being milked on Chinese bile farms for this stuff, so even though you could probably use it indefinitely it's best to consider only using it sparingly.

But you know the fear factor shrouding orals still runs rampant 'round these here parts. Fear kept alive by the occasional hepatic horror story of some guy exploding at the gym from biliary obstruction. It's almost achieved an urban legend status at this point...... "and just then as we were all sitting around the campfire, this crazed killer wearing a hockey mask ran up to us from out of the woods, holding a bloody bottle of dbol in his hideous cholecystitic hands! Take your TUDCA and Milk Thistle cuz he's probably coming for you too... Ahhhh!!!!"

fueledpassion

fueledpassion

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good discussion and all, but the one time I ran UDCA is also the one time I had outstanding CBC results just two days after the cycle. But milk thistle isn't all that effective. It takes a lot of it to actually make a difference, which still winds up being marginal. It seems to me that the best approach is to limit the cycle of orals with plenty of time off in between cycles and avoiding alcohol in general. Between those two you can remain in a safe stance against liver problems.

If you just wanted to lower cholesterol levels there are a host of other options out there that can easily do that...

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Yes, you are exactly correct! TUDCA/UDCA should only be viewed as a small adjunct to an already balanced breakfast (NAC, taurine, lecithin, etc..) It's cool that it's available, but the benefits are narrow and the cost is high. Plus, there's probably countless 1000's of bears with catheters hanging out of their abdomens, being milked on Chinese bile farms for this stuff, so even though you could probably use it indefinitely it's best to consider only using it sparingly.

But you know the fear factor shrouding orals still runs rampant 'round these here parts. Fear kept alive by the occasional hepatic horror story of some guy exploding at the gym from biliary obstruction. It's almost achieved an urban legend status at this point...... "and just then as we were all sitting around the campfire, this crazed killer wearing a hockey mask ran up to us from out of the woods, holding a bloody bottle of dbol in his hideous cholecystitic hands! Take your TUDCA and Milk Thistle cuz he's probably coming for you too... Ahhhh!!!!"
This is the greatest thing I've ever read.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The more I read about tudca, the more pointless I see it being.

Mike

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why do you say this
Because from what i see, it only covers 1 little angle of the issue. Then again, it does nothing more than nac alone according to my bloodwork.

Mike

gymguy21

Awards
Because from what i see, it only covers 1 little angle of the issue. Then again, it does nothing more than nac alone according to my bloodwork.

Mike
What dosage of NAC do you run to have comparative results as tudca? Just curious

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What dosage of NAC do you run to have comparative results as tudca? Just curious
I use bulk, nac very accurate with my scooper but i shoot for 600mg twice a day.

Mike

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Shiznitzz Supplements 6
Gothat3rs Supplements 26
ugsavage Nutrition / Health 13
TESTP89 Nutrition / Health 7
EpiStrong Supplements 19