Tudca vs nac

Shiznitzz

Shiznitzz

Awards
  • Established
When taking support for your liver, which is your preference? I've heard good things about both. Currently I'm taking 600mg/day of nac capped.

I've also heard of another supplement out there called n2slin, anyone used that?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
TUDCA is unbeatable for liver support.

NAC is a bigger picture, wider-impact supplement. It has anti-depressive, calming, immune-supporting, detoxifying qualities. It also cuts off certain inflammatory processes.
Which is excellent in the context of fighting an illness or toxin, as it’s a big donor for glutathione - the body’s master antioxidant. So it has positive impact on the kidneys and other processes.

It also can make some people feel bad, or off. And there are papers showing an undeniable correlation with folks who have osteoarthritis in their knees also using NAC for at least a month straight at some point. The best guess is, if NAC is partially contributing to that, that it’s interrupting the inflammatory repair process after exercise/stressors on the knee. So they get damaged like normal but don’t fully repair like normal.

It is very affordable, way cheaper than TUDCA, it will help liver numbers significantly AND help recover from illness or toxin exposure, but chronic use may not be a good idea at all. Maybe something to be used a week at a time when feeling run down, or during some orals, or on a day here or there weekly away from training sessions.

SBH

SBH

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
TUDCA & milk thistle is what I use with 17 aa methylated gear. Don't use it much tho.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When taking support for your liver, which is your preference? I've heard good things about both. Currently I'm taking 600mg/day of nac capped.

I've also heard of another supplement out there called n2slin, anyone used that?
Not a fan of n2Slin - there are many better GDA's out there, like GlycoPhase or GlucoVantage XT.

NAC is a great supplement for a wide variety of uses and it is good for liver support, but if we're speaking strictly for liver health benefits then TUDCA is the much better choice.

It is important with TUDCA to know that there are a lot of products on the market that don't meet label claims. That has always been a problem with TUDCA because it is such an expensive raw material and raw material suppliers and companies try to increase profit margins by cutting quality or increase sales by offering products at very low pricing - which isn't possible with quality raw materials because of how much legit materials cost.

There has been a lot of positive feedback, including bloodwork numbers being dramatically improved in people switching from other brands to TUDCA to CEL's TUDCA and every batch is tested for both purity and potency.

NAC goes well with Milk Thistle, and SNS Liver Assist XT has both of those in there plus more.

Liver-Assist-XT-180-cap-supp-facts-full-pabel-render.png

Reactions: SBH