Trying to make a decision. Anyone help me out?

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards
I have a log, but most people don't respond much anymore. And i think this training forum would likely get more of a response. There are 2 routines that im thinking of doing. But im not sure which one to go for..

ROUTINE 1: Zercher Squats and Front Squats will alternate 1 time per week and 2 times per week being trained

MONDAY
Squats(3x2)
Zercher Squats (2x4)
Good Morning (2x8)
Barbell rows (2x2)

WEDNESDAY
Squats (3x2)
Front Squats (2x4)
Good Morning (2x8)
Bench Press (3x2)

A: FRIDAY
Squats (3x2)
Zercher Squats (2x4)
Good Morning (2x8)
Hamstring heavy band Curls (2x10)
DB Upper back rows (2x10)

X: SATURDAY
Farmers walk, sled dragging, heavy hill sprints with weight on me, strongman type training, tire flipping, overhead presses, Dips, ect... just mix it up and finish the week off.

OR.... (this one is a whole lot different)

MONDAY
Squat (MAX OUT)

TUESDAY + WEDNESDAY
Front squat or Zercher Squat
Good Mornings
Barbell rows

THURSDAY
Bench Press + Dips + Bicep curls

FRIDAY
OFF

THEN REPEAT

Ive been making routines left and right. Im not sure which one to go for. I just got done with some zercher squats and some good morning. I am lacking flexibilty in my hammies big time. I now have a stretch routine. Im going to be doing foam rolling. Lots of mobility hip drills on that rolling big yoga ball. It really helps. Im going to do that everyday. I will vary if i do a deep stretch or light one based on ON/OFF days. thoughts? I just need someone to verify that this program is legit. And pick one which is best and maybe give me pointers. Maybe i should do another set of squats on each day for program #1? Or maybe i should get more rest for program #2? not sure. thanks.

Iron_Will

Iron_Will

Awards

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Im not sure but legs 3x a week seems a bit much
I agree with this....then again I hate working legs.
It takes enough out of me to hit legs hard once a week.

To answer your question... I would pick the 1st routine. Your Saturday looks badass.

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im not sure but legs 3x a week seems a bit much
You should have seen before when he was squatting 6x a week.

Will, I think I gave you some feed back in the other thread. I also think you should check out how olympic lifters structure their sets x rep x intensity schemes for some ideas, as these athletes often train squats 4 times a week as well.

Br

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the beauty is that there isn't any reason you can't do both. Do the first one for 6 weeks, then do the 2nd, see which you like better and which works better for you