Trying to incorporate rack pulls

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For anyone who has or uses rack pulls as an alternative to deadliest from floor, how do u use them in your routine? I really use high rep deads to pump my lower back n glutes/hams..

I would like to incorporate rack pulls somehow to increase upper back size and strength.. Any ideas?

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
I'll BUMP this ... also curious if rack pulls have worked for anyone either in place of or in addition to regular deads....

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you're looking for upper back development then rack pulls with a snatch grip will probably suit you best. Depending on where you place the bars will determine how much glute and hamstring involvement there is.

Br

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you're looking for upper back development then rack pulls with a snatch grip will probably suit you best. Depending on where you place the bars will determine how much glute and hamstring involvement there is.

Br
Yea I liked snatch deads but off the floor I
Couldn't go over 250 before needing to tighten the grip.. I think I will try to do half of my sets as floor desds then the other as rack pulls.. Best of both worlds.. I only need high reps for lower back.. When I did 5/3/1 or similar protocols, I DID not get the nice lower back pump or doms

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
substitute them for dead lifts if you plan on doing them. if you have DL day or back day, id do these first and i would use straps unless you want your calluses torn off that day or in a few weeks.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
substitute them for dead lifts if you plan on doing them. if you have DL day or back day, id do these first and i would use straps unless you want your calluses torn off that day or in a few weeks.
LOL don't get me
Started on calices my whole hand is a calice. I usually do dl with back.. I CAN and have done them with legs FIRST before anything else.. So option

A - do 3-4 sets of rack pulls first, finish with high reps deads from floor
B- floor deads on leg dead/ rack pulls on back day (would give 2-3 days between)

Look good?

ZiR RED

ZiR RED

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The pump and DOMS means absolutely nothing towards increases in size or strength.

Dead lifts really aren't an exercise to be done with high reps. Fatigue sets in quick, compensations occur, and a loss of technique and an increased risk of injury (both acute and chronic) ensues.

Br