TRUE OR FALSE?

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
I am beginning week 5 of nolva pct currently running 20. My nads feel like they are up and running again. Any small lumps feel as if they have halted growth or subsided a tad bit. And at this point the only concern is nipple puff? It hasn't seem to gone down much. I guess I would say that it's getting better but then comes back. Like in waves. I don't really understand. I think the exem helps the puffiness but it's hard to tell. I currently have inhibit P on hand. My diet is in check and cardio through the roof. No alcohol consumption.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
IMG_6790.jpg
IMG_6792.jpg

What you guys think? Nips still puffy. Get worse when off the nolva. Been feeling slightly fatigued lately.
Advice, comments , criticism all welcomed.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is so puzzling. Are their pics of your nips on this thread?

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
No there isn't. I've tryed to take pics but a picture just doesn't do it justice. It's not like hard gyno lumps. There are small masses but nothing that's visible through the skin. And honestly they are so small after pct that it's the least of my concern. My nips are soft and protrude a tad bit as if they were pinched between the thumb and index fingers and stayed like that. It feels almost as if it's fat ( but I'm certain that it's not). I'm 165. 5"11 and according to my calipers 9% BF ( although they aren't the nicest calipers) so I'll say like 13%ish ). I've had much more fat on my body during bulking seasons and never had my nips like this.
I gotta be honest it's not like SUPER bad. Not like a horror show. I'm not even sure that anyone would notice if I didn't point it out. But the prob is that I notice it. And I know it's a sign that my hormones are off. I'm thinking prolactin?? It's proven difficult to find any real literature on males prolactin levels and nipple swollen /puffiness. I recently read that prami is a dopamine agonist and thought about trying that but I don't wanna do anything till I hear from you guys.

Also is it something that if I just drop the nolva and exem that my hormones will balance out in a few weeks and it will go away ?

If you guys got questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the reply by the way.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Why is your Test 1137???

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was thinking the same as Renew1. Do you have such high test with just 20mg of Nolva 5 weeks in your PCT?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No there isn't. I've tryed to take pics but a picture just doesn't do it justice. It's not like hard gyno lumps. There are small masses but nothing that's visible through the skin. And honestly they are so small after pct that it's the least of my concern. My nips are soft and protrude a tad bit as if they were pinched between the thumb and index fingers and stayed like that. It feels almost as if it's fat ( but I'm certain that it's not). I'm 165. 5"11 and according to my calipers 9% BF ( although they aren't the nicest calipers) so I'll say like 13%ish ). I've had much more fat on my body during bulking seasons and never had my nips like this.
I gotta be honest it's not like SUPER bad. Not like a horror show. I'm not even sure that anyone would notice if I didn't point it out. But the prob is that I notice it. And I know it's a sign that my hormones are off. I'm thinking prolactin?? It's proven difficult to find any real literature on males prolactin levels and nipple swollen /puffiness. I recently read that prami is a dopamine agonist and thought about trying that but I don't wanna do anything till I hear from you guys.

Also is it something that if I just drop the nolva and exem that my hormones will balance out in a few weeks and it will go away ?

If you guys got questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for the reply by the way.
Not prolactin.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Not prolactin.
Well ****. Idk what else to do.
Just curious how can you tell it's not prolactin? I'm not questioning your opinion I'm just curious for future reference of myself how one can tell if it's prolactin related or not. I'm always learning.
Thanks for the help guys.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well ****. Idk what else to do.
Just curious how can you tell it's not prolactin? I'm not questioning your opinion I'm just curious for future reference of myself how one can tell if it's prolactin related or not. I'm always learning.
Thanks for the help guys.
If prolactin is high, your nipples get "meaty" -like rubber, ache and you can feel the swollen milk glands underneath. Besides, to have high prolactin, you would need a cause -like a 19 nor. Without any 19 nor compound, prolactin is short lived and returns to normal in a few days -never saw it up for more then 3-4 days on its own. If a bit of gyno really bothers you, do a 4-6 weeks ralox cycle at 60mg/d.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
If prolactin is high, your nipples get "meaty" -like rubber, ache and you can feel the swollen milk glands underneath. Besides, to have high prolactin, you would need a cause -like a 19 nor. Without any 19 nor compound, prolactin is short lived and returns to normal in a few days -never saw it up for more then 3-4 days on its own. If a bit of gyno really bothers you, do a 4-6 weeks ralox cycle at 60mg/d.
Ahh I see. I may go the ralox route. But gonna wait for some more info from the guys around the forum before starting anything else. I'm not super worried about it. Just curious and kinda a bummer. Hoping it won't get worse the next time I cycle ?

Should I be concerned with my LH and estradiol so high?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ahh I see. I may go the ralox route. But gonna wait for some more info from the guys around the forum before starting anything else. I'm not super worried about it. Just curious and kinda a bummer. Hoping it won't get worse the next time I cycle ?

I can't say anything about your lab test, as its a bit weird and I feel you did not gave all infos, like HCG use -or clomid, or anything.... The high e2 is relative to your high testosterone, not really high. WHY the heck is your test that high?

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I was not aware that prolactin was related to certain compounds and couldn't be from very high E2 levels. Either way much higher than you are seeing.

I would second the ralox though. HGP even said back when you started to use nolva first then go ralox after because the nolva will help restart then you can use ralox if it's not completely gone. You're still on course brother, just ride out the next month and I think the ralox will do it's thing. I don't recall the last time I had to switch from nolva to ralox but find out if you should bridge them or just drop nolva on the day you start ralox.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
I can't say anything about your lab test, as its a bit weird and I feel you did not gave all infos, like HCG use -or clomid, or anything.... The high e2 is relative to your high testosterone, not really high. WHY the heck is your test that high?
No HCG use, no clomid, just the nolva and exem as told a few weeks ago after some discussion on the forum. Cutting diet, cardio, lots of protein and water. I always eat very clean. Idk what other info to include? I have no clue why my test is so high?? My only guess would be my age (25) and maybe the nolva or exem boosted it a bit ?????? I don't have sex very often as I'm single and I don't masterbate often maybe once bi-weekly. I workout every night with the exception of 1-2 rest days a week. Some nights I push the workouts past the limit but lately just been goin through the motions. Idk man.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
I was not aware that prolactin was related to certain compounds and couldn't be from very high E2 levels. Either way much higher than you are seeing.

I would second the ralox though. HGP even said back when you started to use nolva first then go ralox after because the nolva will help restart then you can use ralox if it's not completely gone. You're still on course brother, just ride out the next month and I think the ralox will do it's thing. I don't recall the last time I had to switch from nolva to ralox but find out if you should bridge them or just drop nolva on the day you start ralox.
Hey thanks man. I wasn't aware either. Being new to this there is still a lot I'm learning despite how much research I do

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, it would be really weird if prolactin is high in a healthy individual. 19 nors or Domperidone could bring it up, other than that a tumor on the pituitary gland.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dude your test is higher than mine when I’m on 250mg/week of Test.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No HCG use, no clomid, just the nolva and exem as told a few weeks ago after some discussion on the forum. Cutting diet, cardio, lots of protein and water. I always eat very clean. Idk what other info to include? I have no clue why my test is so high?? My only guess would be my age (25) and maybe the nolva or exem boosted it a bit ?????? I don't have sex very often as I'm single and I don't masterbate often maybe once bi-weekly. I workout every night with the exception of 1-2 rest days a week. Some nights I push the workouts past the limit but lately just been goin through the motions. Idk man.
Not having much sex is not a cause for high test levels, its a myth. Probably, what we see here are the results from nolva, with a bit of rebound e2. Exemestane at 12.5mg e3d for 9 days would bring e2 in range. Ralox is a benign approach for gyno. Don't know anyone who got bad sides from it.
It works way better than nolva for that purpose, as it is more selective for breast tissue.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Oh you know what those bloods were taken about 10 days after last nolva dose. Would that have anything to do with my test being high? I saw someone in a different post mention post PCT bloods should be done 6 weeks after last dose, any truth to this??

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh you know what those bloods were taken about 10 days after last nolva dose. Would that have anything to do with my test being high? I saw someone in a different post mention post PCT bloods should be done 6 weeks after last dose, any truth to this??
Yes. Also rebound e2.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Guy's he's on a serm, it's completely normal to have elevated total test. Look at his LH level! If his TT was in range on that much LH, there would probably be something wrong with his gonads lol

It has nothing to do with aromasin though. Aromasin would elevate Free T, but he did not do labs for that... I get supraphysiological levels of free T from a week Ai like arimistane, as do most people that have normal TT levels. Ai's lower shbg, this in turn reduces TT, not to any significant level, and raises Free T.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so what should I do in the mean time to achieve homeostasis?
Just wait.

Guy's he's on a serm, it's completely normal to have elevated total test. Look at his LH level! If his TT was in range on that much LH, there would probably be something wrong with his gonads lol

It has nothing to do with aromasin though. Aromasin would elevate Free T, but he did not do labs for that... I get supraphysiological levels of free T from a week Ai like arimistane, as do most people that have normal TT levels. Ai's lower shbg, this in turn reduces TT, not to any significant level, and raises Free T.
Yep, we figured it out already, my thoughts were HCG or clomid. Turned out to be nolva.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established

Ahh that makes total sense about the LH.
When you say it has nothing do with aromasin do you mean that my high estradiol isn't in relation to my high test?
to my understanding LH increases estrogen as well. Correct?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
I didn't read all of the posts so I may be repeating.....

I wish SHBG and Prolactin were included in the Test. Prolactin can be elevated through various mechanisms, including elevated E, and certain medications or supplements. Did you ever look into the Inhibit-P?

Double-dosing the Tamoxifen is the cause for out-of-range T and E. And also the reason why LH is so highly over-expressed. The idea of PCT is to recover your baseline hormone levels, not enter supraphysiological ranges of Testosterone. Next time, stick to 20mg of Nolva. You'll probably feel better when those levels get back in range. At least you know the MAR Tamoxifen is legit!

Elevated LH can definitely be a problem, especially if left elevated for a while. This is one of the side-effects I was talking about with the Nolva dosing. Elevated levels of LH can cause desensitization of the LHR. In the long run, that's not a good thing.

I thought you were going to bridge into Raloxifene next? Honestly, it may be best to just wait 6-8 weeks to see how things play out. If things start taking a turn for the worst, Ralox and Exemestane would be my next approach. I still think you should go see a doctor though, for a second opinion.

Did you run the AI past the SERM for a week or two as suggested?

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established

I wish SHBG and Prolactin were included in the Test. Prolactin can be elevated through various mechanisms, including elevated E, and certain medictions or supplements. Did you ever look into the Inhibit-P?

Double-dosing the Tamoxifen is the cause for out-of-range T and E. And also the reason why LH is so highly over-expressed. The idea of PCT is to recover your baseline hormone levels, not enter supraphysiological ranges of Testosterone. Next time, stick to 20mg of Nolva. You'll probably feel better when those levels get back in range. At least you know the MAR Tamoxifen is legit!

Elevated LH can definitely be a problem, especially if left elevated for a while. This is one of the side-effects I was talking about with the Nolva dosing. Elevated levels of LH can cause desensitization of the LHR. In the long run, that's not a good thing.

I thought you were going to bridge into Raloxifene next? Honestly, it may be best to just wait 6-8 weeks to see how things play out. If things start taking a turn for the worst, Ralox and Exemestane would be my next approach. I still think you should go see a doctor though, for a second opinion.

Yes. I bought some inhibit-P about 2-3 weeks ago and I've been taking it as directions suggest ever since with no notice able changes.
How do I go about getting my LH back on track?
No. The plan was nolva/ exem protocol and re-evaluate after 4-5 weeks. Lumps were no longer a concern just puffy/swelling look and my nads felt good. So I waited about 10 days and got some bloods( come to find out I'm suppose to wait 6 weeks till after pct to get accurate bloods )
Yes took exem as suggested for a week after last dose of nolva.
Would a ralox protocol help the puffy soft nipple look? I thought it would just reduce the size of lumps?

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ahh that makes total sense about the LH.
When you say it has nothing do with aromasin do you mean that my high estradiol isn't in relation to my high test?
to my understanding LH increases estrogen as well. Correct?
No, I meant what I said :) High TT has nothing to do with aromasin. Aromasin elevates Free T not TT.

LH can't elevate e2 directly... it can elevate it by elevating test production which in turn aromatises in to e2.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Yes. I bought some inhibit-P about 2-3 weeks ago and I've been taking it as directions suggest ever since with no notice able changes.
How do I go about getting my LH back on track?
No. The plan was nolva/ exem protocol and re-evaluate after 4-5 weeks. Lumps were no longer a concern just puffy/swelling look and my nads felt good. So I waited about 10 days and got some bloods( come to find out I'm suppose to wait 6 weeks till after pct to get accurate bloods )
Yes took exem as suggested for a week after last dose of nolva.
Would a ralox protocol help the puffy soft nipple look? I thought it would just reduce the size of lumps?
LH levels should fall, as will T and E levels, the more time you are off the SERM. There is still Tamoxifen in your system as it has a long half-life and your dosing was on the high end.

Getting bloodwork done now was a very good idea - it lets you know your current state, and that you have responded well to the PCT drugs. Getting tested again 6-8 weeks afterwards (preferably 8+) is done to tell you if your body was able to maintain your "recovery". Your hormones will likely be elevated to some degree for a few weeks. Often times AAS users will respond well to PCT and then their hormones crash or greatly fall-off when the stimulus (SERM) is removed. The second test just verifies that they can maintain a healthy level of T well beyond PCT. If I feel fine after PCT, I usually wait until I'm ready to cycle again to get Tested. If my levels are still good, I know my HPTA is still functioning fine.

Ralox would likely just help with lumps. Probably best to wait things out if the lumps have resolved. I think your body needs a rest anyway. If the lumps start to bother you again, maybe a mild dose of Exem would be helpful for a couple of weeks or so. Re-evaluate in a month or two and decide on the Ralox then. Things my get better on their own as your hormone levels get back into range.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
No, I meant what I said :) High TT has nothing to do with aromasin. Aromasin elevates Free T not TT.

LH can't elevate e2 directly... it can elevate it by elevating test production which in turn aromatises in to e2.
Exemestane can raise TT and FT via different mechanisms, with FT shown to be more affected. The actual response to the drug depends a lot on the dosage and of course the current hormonal state of the subject. Dose-dependent really does apply here. I include Exemestane in my PCTs for the potential Test-boosting effect.

Exemestane will lower SHBG and raise TT which will both have a net-positive effect on FT levels.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/12/5951/2661508

If you search some of the HRT forums, you will find cases, with bloodwork, where subjects didin't respond well to a SERM (Clomiphene - used for HRT purposes) and instead used Exemestane and saw increased TT levels after treatment was undertaken. Guys with lowered T and elevated out-of-range E levels will likely respond the best to this protocol. Unfortunately, when not monitored, most people will likely fail on this protocol because AI usage can be difficult to dial-in and also because most people just over-dose these things hoping for a quick miracle.

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Exemestane can raise TT and FT via different mechanisms, with FT shown to be more affected. The actual response to the drug depends a lot on the dosage and of course the current hormonal state of the subject. Dose-dependent really does apply here. I include Exemestane in my PCTs for the potential Test-boosting effect.

Exemestane will lower SHBG and raise TT which will both have a net-positive effect on FT levels.

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article/88/12/5951/2661508

If you search some of the HRT forums, you will find cases, with bloodwork, where subjects didin't respond well to a SERM (Clomiphene - used for HRT purposes) and instead used Exemestane and saw increased TT levels after treatment was undertaken. Guys with lowered T and elevated out-of-range E levels will likely respond the best to this protocol. Unfortunately, when not monitored, most people will likely fail on this protocol because AI usage can be difficult to dial-in and also because most people just over-dose these things hoping for a quick miracle.
Damn I totally forgot, tnx for pointing it out. I'm not sure about pk property's of asin, but all Ai's should be able to raise TT by lowering serum e2 levels. Basically creating a negative e2 feedback loop, much the same as a serm dose withouth crashing e2. Right, is that what you had in mind? Sorry it's the middle of the night and don't have the concentration to read through the nice research link you provided.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Damn I totally forgot, tnx for pointing it out. I'm not sure about pk property's of asin, but all Ai's should be able to raise TT by lowering serum e2 levels. Basically creating a negative e2 feedback loop, much the same as a serm dose withouth crashing e2. Right, is that what you had in mind? Sorry it's the middle of the night and don't have the concentration to read through the nice research link you provided.
Elevated Estrogens can definitely slow the production of Testosterone in the male body. It's one of the (many) reasons why older men with guts, and who have elevated E levels, will often times have "lowered" T levels, certainly age plays a part. The negative feedback there is the Estrogen feedback. The body sees too much and slows down T production; it's all related. So yes, if E drops, the body should produce more Test. How much, is really situation-dependent. If E levels get low enough, the body could ramp up the HPTA to increase E levels by aromatization of T.

I believe a lot of the "low T stituations" that we see, not necessarily because of AAS usage though, can be positively affected when Estradiol and Thyroid levels are optimized, assuming they are sub-optimal of course.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I wish SHBG and Prolactin were included in the Test. Prolactin can be elevated through various mechanisms, including elevated E, and certain medications or supplements. Did you ever look into the Inhibit-P?

Ok. You’re going to have to excuse my ignorance as I haven’t researched or had a reason to pct in a few years.

What would stop a guy in his 30’s from simply high dosing serm’s for extended periods to achieve supraphysiological levels as sort of a poor-man’s cycle? His levels are at where my very heavily dosed TRT brings me to, and I clearly feel I can achieve more at these levels than I could 10 years ago naturally. If the answer is glaringly obvious, go gentle on me. I’m just not seeing it here.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To my knowledge 20mg Nolva never brought one's Test to Supra physiological level neither as standalone or in a PCT. OP Test level is very surprising to me.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Ok. You’re going to have to excuse my ignorance as I haven’t researched or had a reason to pct in a few years.

What would stop a guy in his 30’s from simply high dosing serm’s for extended periods to achieve supraphysiological levels as sort of a poor-man’s cycle? His levels are at where my very heavily dosed TRT brings me to, and I clearly feel I can achieve more at these levels than I could 10 years ago naturally. If the answer is glaringly obvious, go gentle on me. I’m just not seeing it here.
Good question, and I'm sure I'm not the most qualified person to try and answer it, but I definitely have some thoughts and insights on the topic.

First things first, you must assume that you can actually reach those Total Testosterone (TT) numbers with a SERM/AI protocol. It's possible for some and not at all possible for others. Just because the OP reached a TT number of ~ 1200 doesn't mean you will get anywhere near that. Your response to the protocol may very well pale in comparison, whether it has to do with leydig cells, some sort of desensitization, or some other broken part of the chain. I believe the OP is a novice to cycling and we can assume, with his great response to tamoxifen, that his HPTA was showing no signs of impairment prior to his mild cycle. My guess is, with your AAS history, and your age, your response would likely be underwhelming, if not in overall numbers, then certainly in how you feel at that overall number when compared to how you feel on Testosterone (T). In a nutshell, having a TT of 1000 on a SERM will most likely feel quite different than having a TT of 1000 when using exogenous T. Anecdotal reports in the form of threads and posts on TRT/HRT forums will likely validate that.

So, assuming you can actually get great overall T numbers on a SERM, I believe evidence shows that over time, for a lot of HRT/Clomid users, the response is not the same as it might have been in the beginning. There are plenty of threads on the internet with guys who were on doctor-prescribed Clomid who just responded less and less to the protocol over time, or just stopped responding altogether. I'd also be flabergasted if one could achieve ongoing, supraphysiological levels of TT with Clomiphene therapy. There are studies out there that show users respond better to 25mg than 50mg and many even respond better to 25mg EOD as opossed to ED. I believe there are no long-term benefits to mega-dosing Clomiphene. If I were a betting man, I suggest to you that the OP would gradually see his TT numbers decline, even with continued therapy, as his body begins to try and re-adjust and get to homeostasis. Those feeback mechanisms are a powerful thing...

The next considerstion, assuming one could reach supraphysiological levels of T with a SERM protocol would be the actual day to day response and feel when on the SERM. SERMs are known to increase sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). I've looked at studies and seen many HRT users post bloodwork that show a great increase in that protein when on a SERM/HRT protocol. So great, the SERM keeps your TT levels high but the body, in trying to compensate, and in response to the agonistic effects of the SERM (outside of the breast), where it acts as an estrogen, doubles or triples your SHBG. Now your Free-Testosterone (FT) numbers are well below where they might be otherwise. In this scenario you would not be able to enjoy all that bound T. This goes back to "how do you feel on the SERM"? Most guys tend to struggle with libido and a sense of well-being during a SERM-based PCT. Part of the reason they feel that way is because the body is still re-booting from the cycle. Another factor to here is the hormonal roller-coaster that takes place during the transition from on-cycle to post-cycle - this time period can be tough for many users. The last thing to consider would be the actual actions of the SERM itself. Yes, they may work as an antagonist in breast-tissue put they also work as an antagonist elsewhere (brain). If one blocks the effects of Estrogen at the brain, that may very-well play a role in decreased libido while on a SERM. The brain plays a large role in sexual arousal and overall functionality.

The last thing I would worry about would be the health implications of heavy, longterm SERM usage. The off-label use of Clomid as a form of HRT does indeed work for some men; and maybe tamoxifen would work in a similar way if given the same amount of time within a clinical-study setting, but that doesn't mean it should be considered as a first resort. A re-start protocol is one thing, but a lifetime of using a drug that was created to treat breast cancer, or fertility issues in women, as a form of HRT for men, and when Testosterone is readily available, seems faulty to me. Also, there is the potential for liver inflammation/increased hepatic strain with long-term heavy SERM usage. As far as I know, there is no issue with increased hepatic strain when using reasonable doses of T for HRT purposes. There's also other factors to consider such as vision issues/floaters (clomiphene), DVT/blood clots with tamoxifen, etc. The last thing I would be worried about would be cancer. Tamoxifen therapy is a well-used treatment for breast cancer, but it has also been shown to increase the risks of endometrial cancer. I've spoken about this antagonist versus agonist action in past posts. Tamoxifen can antagonize the actions of estrogen at one receptor (breast) but act as a partial, or even full agonist at another receptor. So, in a nutshell, block estrogen at point A but act like estrogen at point B. The point B is what worries me. Tamoxifen will bind to the ER (estrogen receptor) stronger than estrogen itself, so if it is acting as an estrogen in a particular tissue, and activating a cellular response, and one that is stronger than estrogen itself, what might happen? Hard to say and not worth the lifelong risk in my opinion.

Lastly, a bit of information I picked up on this forum, tamoxifen can prolong the QTC interval, which can increase the risk for cardiac events; Tadalafil can also do the same thing. So if you were to engage in tamoxifen use as a form of HRT, and with the knowldege that Tadalfil is also a risk-factor, does this change your thought process? The chances of there being an issue may not be great but increased risks are increased risks. Does that also get compounded by someone that is known to have elevated Hematocrit/RBC? I'm not sure on the last question but it's something to look into, I would think.

And another thing that's been well-discussed on this forum, SERMs lower IGF-1, and sometimes drastically. If memory serves me, Raloxifene lowers IGF-1 much less than tamoxifen. IGF-1 is something most BBs aim to keep elevated whenever possible.

There are risks for any form of hormone manipulation. If you choose to manipulate your hormones with AAS usage, there are health considerations, regardless of how "healthy" your lifestyle is. Certainly there are risks with long-term SERM usage, whether it be for HRT purposes or for the treatment of breast cancer. And there are definitely risks with exogenous T as well. For me though, replacing what the body is naturally trying to make seems like the smartest move for long-term health.

Next, we'll discuss why Toren doesn't believe that elevated T is actually healthy for elderly males........... :]

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established

You asked for it! You'd better read all that or I'm unsubing from your cycle thread. Lol.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
To my knowledge 20mg Nolva never brought one's Test to Supra physiological level neither as standalone or in a PCT. OP Test level is very surprising to me.
I've seen it discussed/noted before, even on this forum. I would think the variables would all need to line up in order for it to happen, though.

OP also started @ 40mg ED and I believe he was @50mg ED for a few days as well.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Good question, and I'm sure I'm not the most qualified person to try and answer it, but I definitely have some thoughts and insights on the topic.

First things first, you must assume that you can actually reach those Total Testosterone (TT) numbers with a SERM/AI protocol. It's possible for some and not at all possible for others. Just because the OP reached a TT number of ~ 1200 doesn't mean you will get anywhere near that. Your response to the protocol may very well pale in comparison, whether it has to do with leydig cells, some sort of desensitization, or some other broken part of the chain. I believe the OP is a novice to cycling and we can assume, with his great response to tamoxifen, that his HPTA was showing no signs of impairment prior to his mild cycle. My guess is, with your AAS history, and your age, your response would likely be underwhelming, if not in overall numbers, then certainly in how you feel at that overall number when compared to how you feel on Testosterone (T). In a nutshell, having a TT of 1000 on a SERM will most likely feel quite different than having a TT of 1000 when using exogenous T. Anecdotal reports in the form of threads and posts on TRT/HRT forums will likely validate that.

So, assuming you can actually get great overall T numbers on a SERM, I believe evidence shows that over time, for a lot of HRT/Clomid users, the response is not the same as it might have been in the beginning. There are plenty of threads on the internet with guys who were on doctor-prescribed Clomid who just responded less and less to the protocol over time, or just stopped responding altogether. I'd also be flabergasted if one could achieve ongoing, supraphysiological levels of TT with Clomiphene therapy. There are studies out there that show users respond better to 25mg than 50mg and many even respond better to 25mg EOD as opossed to ED. I believe there are no long-term benefits to mega-dosing Clomiphene. If I were a betting man, I suggest to you that the OP would gradually see his TT numbers decline, even with continued therapy, as his body begins to try and re-adjust and get to homeostasis. Those feeback mechanisms are a powerful thing...

The next considerstion, assuming one could reach supraphysiological levels of T with a SERM protocol would be the actual day to day response and feel when on the SERM. SERMs are known to increase sex hormone-binding globulin (SHBG). I've looked at studies and seen many HRT users post bloodwork that show a great increase in that protein when on a SERM/HRT protocol. So great, the SERM keeps your TT levels high but the body, in trying to compensate, and in response to the agonistic effects of the SERM (outside of the breast), where it acts as an estrogen, doubles or triples your SHBG. Now your Free-Testosterone (FT) numbers are well below where they might be otherwise. In this scenario you would not be able to enjoy all that bound T. This goes back to "how do you feel on the SERM"? Most guys tend to struggle with libido and a sense of well-being during a SERM-based PCT. Part of the reason they feel that way is because the body is still re-booting from the cycle. Another factor to here is the hormonal roller-coaster that takes place during the transition from on-cycle to post-cycle - this time period can be tough for many users. The last thing to consider would be the actual actions of the SERM itself. Yes, they may work as an antagonist in breast-tissue put they also work as an antagonist elsewhere (brain). If one blocks the effects of Estrogen at the brain, that may very-well play a role in decreased libido while on a SERM. The brain plays a large role in sexual arousal and overall functionality.

The last thing I would worry about would be the health implications of heavy, longterm SERM usage. The off-label use of Clomid as a form of HRT does indeed work for some men; and maybe tamoxifen would work in a similar way if given the same amount of time within a clinical-study setting, but that doesn't mean it should be considered as a first resort. A re-start protocol is one thing, but a lifetime of using a drug that was created to treat breast cancer, or fertility issues in women, as a form of HRT for men, and when Testosterone is readily available, seems faulty to me. Also, there is the potential for liver inflammation/increased hepatic strain with long-term heavy SERM usage. As far as I know, there is no issue with increased hepatic strain when using reasonable doses of T for HRT purposes. There's also other factors to consider such as vision issues/floaters (clomiphene), DVT/blood clots with tamoxifen, etc. The last thing I would be worried about would be cancer. Tamoxifen therapy is a well-used treatment for breast cancer, but it has also been shown to increase the risks of endometrial cancer. I've spoken about this antagonist versus agonist action in past posts. Tamoxifen can antagonize the actions of estrogen at one receptor (breast) but act as a partial, or even full agonist at another receptor. So, in a nutshell, block estrogen at point A but act like estrogen at point B. The point B is what worries me. Tamoxifen will bind to the ER (estrogen receptor) stronger than estrogen itself, so if it is acting as an estrogen in a particular tissue, and activating a cellular response, and one that is stronger than estrogen itself, what might happen? Hard to say and not worth the lifelong risk in my opinion.

Lastly, a bit of information I picked up on this forum, tamoxifen can prolong the QTC interval, which can increase the risk for cardiac events; Tadalafil can also do the same thing. So if you were to engage in tamoxifen use as a form of HRT, and with the knowldege that Tadalfil is also a risk-factor, does this change your thought process? The chances of there being an issue may not be great but increased risks are increased risks. Does that also get compounded by someone that is known to have elevated Hematocrit/RBC? I'm not sure on the last question but it's something to look into, I would think.

And another thing that's been well-discussed on this forum, SERMs lower IGF-1, and sometimes drastically. If memory serves me, Raloxifene lowers IGF-1 much less than tamoxifen. IGF-1 is something most BBs aim to keep elevated whenever possible.

There are risks for any form of hormone manipulation. If you choose to manipulate your hormones with AAS usage, there are health considerations, regardless of how "healthy" your lifestyle is. Certainly there are risks with long-term SERM usage, whether it be for HRT purposes or for the treatment of breast cancer. And there are definitely risks with exogenous T as well. For me though, replacing what the body is naturally trying to make seems like the smartest move for long-term health.

Next, we'll discuss why Toren doesn't believe that elevated T is actually healthy for elderly males........... :]
Great post

Jinsun

Jinsun

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Great post
+1

Toren I was thinking about short oral only cycles ie.: dbol 30mg, or tbol 40mg, 4 to 6 weeks with a serm, preferably clomid 25mg ed or eod. Now most probably this wouldn't lead to suppression and gains of 1 to 4 kg could be made for folks that arent that big and experienced aas users yet. What do you think, is it better to not get suppressed for the duration of the 6 weeks or to not use a serm and get suppressed more or shuttdown?

Also since it looks like you've read through a lot of user feedback: mental effects clomid vs nolva??

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
+1

Toren I was thinking about short oral only cycles ie.: dbol 30mg, or tbol 40mg, 4 to 6 weeks with a serm, preferably clomid 25mg ed or eod. Now most probably this wouldn't lead to suppression and gains of 1 to 4 kg could be made for folks that arent that big and experienced aas users yet. What do you think, is it better to not get suppressed for the duration of the 6 weeks or to not use a serm and get suppressed more or shuttdown?
First off, let me say that I do not believe that using a SERM during any reasonably-lengthed AAS cycle will stop suppression from happening.

Suppression is when a "measured level" is suppressed (by a forced stimulus) below baseline for a given period of time, taking into account natural fluctuations. Shutdown is when your body is no longer producing measureable levels of hormones that are a pre-requisite to Testosterone production. The amount of measured Testosterone still available depends entirely on the duration of suppression and shutdown and how long it was allowed to affect T levels. Some people like to argue that "suppression is suppression", and it is, but it's not the same thing as being "shutdown", it just isn't, and there certainly are degrees to suppression.

In regrads to short, mild cycles, I think they're great in trying to mitigate some of the suppression one could potentially see. Certainly the gains will be less with a shorter duration cycle, but if the training is truly on point, which it likely isn't for a lot of AAS users (hard truth), then gains can be made and mostly maintained with less suppression than what would typically be seen with longer duration, more heavily-dosed cycles. The more years I get away from my first experience with anabolics, and the older I get, the stronger have become an advocate for safer cycling in the form of 1 reasonable length mildish cycle per year to perfect what you were working on for the rest of the year. Having said that, we all have different starting points and visions of where we'd like to end up, and that certainly changes the risks we choose to take.

You asked a really good question, unfortunately I don't think there a definitive answer that can apply to anyone in particular without first considering all of the factors. I think using a SERM during a short, mild 4-6 week cycle will likely mitigate some suppression. I've experimented with this myself over the last 2 years and the results (short of bloodwork) indicate that there is indeed some testicular stimulation going on, despite the exogenous anabolic. I think the potential is also there for a SERM to mitigate some suppression during a longer, very mild cycle (currently experimenting with good results).

I think the real question one needs to ask themselves is do they feel comfortable with their SERM usage? On a one-off cycle, mild in nature as you laid out, I don't necessarily see a problem with adding in a SERM for the duration of the cycle in order to mitigate some suppression and with the hope that it will also lead to a smoother recovery during PCT. The real dilemma comes when we acknowledge that most "advanced" users would probably run a short cycle like this (4-6 weeks) 3 times per year; and that's where the problem potentially arises. I would advise, if using a SERM on cycle, that the SERM is started at least 7 days before beginning the anabolic so that blood plasma levels can be saturated. So, assuming a middling 5 week cycle, with the SERM being used for 6, plus 3-4 weeks of the SERM during PCT, that would make for 9-10 weeks of the SERM. Multiply that by 3 cycles per year, which most would assume is "fine" because they believe there is less suppression going on, and now you have potentially 30 weeks of unmonitored, off-label SERM usage out of a 52 week year. People need to decide for themselves if they believe that is safe or not. The real deciding factor, for the amount of PCT drugs necessary to "recover" would come from bloodwork at the same time of cessation of the anabolic. If that test revealed minimal suppression, one might be able to cut their 4-week PCT down to a milder one with a shortened duration of say 2-3 weeks.

Is using the SERM safer than allowing increased suppression during this mild cycle? That's a tough one. The SERM may be the lesser of the two evils in the short-term but the larger of them in the long run. I do firmly believe that cycling 2, 3, 4 times per year will lead to some degree of HPTA impairment no matter what you do to try and mitigate the suppression. The body is adept at learning, and if you repeatedly teach it that it can slow down it's production of hormones, it will eventually do so, and at an accelerated rate to what mother-nature might do under "normal" conditions. A true measure of recent experiments will be where all of the experimenters end up a few years from now. My guess is HRT or blasting and cruising. And if that's the case, what was the purpose in the first place?

On mild cycles I do use a SERM, and it's benefits for me outweigh the potential negatives, for now. I would never allow myself to be on a SERM for upwards of 60-70% of a year, though.

There is potentially another option, hCG. Yes, it can cause some suppression, but that suppression would likely be minimal under a 200iu @ 2x per week protocol, and when E2 is kept in cheque with a mild dose of an AI. That dose would be enough to stimulate the testes and at the same time boost Test levels. I do believe that using hCG is also likely safer than using a SERM for the same purpose. The potential aside for suppression of your own LH, the hCG would keep the testes fully responsive until you transition into PCT. I'm not sure that it's a better option but it is something else to consider.

I might also suggest adding in some taurine @ 5g per day for the potential benefits to, or the protection of the testes during AAS usage. Then I would look at adding in a tocotrienol supplement for the potential that it might increase sensitivity of the leydig cells to LH and thus Testosterone production, especially when combined with hCG. The last study I linked tested Vitamin E but that study was 30+ years ago and I believe there is a newer study that showed the tocotrienol forms of vitamin E are the important factors here, not the tocopherol variants, in this regard anyway. I no longer have access to that study, though. One might also consider adding in a PDE5 inhibitor to the mix, at a low dose. This slightly skews the safety line a little bit, as it a Rx drug, but it's less time on a SERM and has other potential benefits as well. PDE5 inhibitors have been shown to be present in the leydig cell (of mice and humans) and inhibition of that particular enzyme led to increases in Testosterone expression in the leydig cell and in measured total Testosterone levels in the body. There are numerous studies that show Tadalafil can boost TT production as well.

CLIFFS NOTES:

I think a SERM, if it can measurably reduce the degree of suppression from an AAS/SARM cycle, when used together, is potentially a good idea. That might change if using that protocol 3x per year. I'd start the SERM at least 1 week prior to the anabolic.

A more natural option, if one doesn't want to use a SERM for extended periods of time, might be the combination of taurine, tocotrienols, tribulus, and tadalafil (not natural). I'm not going to suggest it will work as well as a SERM, I don't think it will. Maybe the combination of them with a low dose of a SERM might be better than higher doses of the SERM itself.

After all that typing, I'd still prefer to use the SERM on a mild cycle, as part of an overall plan of cycling once or twice per year. I'd prefer to have testicular function optimized, as much as it can, during times of potential suppression. Longer cycles need hCG, and I'd combine taurine and tocotrienols with hCG as well.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
Also since it looks like you've read through a lot of user feedback: mental effects clomid vs nolva??
Side-effects are definitely user and dose-dependent. I think a lot of the emotional sides can be mitigated with lower dosing. The MOA of Tamox indicates to me that it has the potential for less emotional side-effects as well.

I prefer Tamoxifen to Clomiphene. I feel better on it and there is less chance for visual disturbances. I think people greatly underestimate it's Test boosting ability which is on par with Clomiphene. Way better at gyno prevention as well. It's a no-brainer for me.

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You asked for it! You'd better read all that or I'm unsubing from your cycle thread. Lol.
Just saw it! Good stuff always brother. I’m always here to learn more. Promise I’ll read all of this. I did a restart protocol in 2015 and never got to half that number. But that also explains why in my earlier years I would still be making great gains well into finishing pct on those newb short cycles that don’t suppress too much in such a short period of time. Recovery seems super complicated to me and I’ve always suspected those were all factors affecting it.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Just read this online and thought i'd share it with you all. Curious on what you guys think?

Gynecomastia = Gyno - Most people think the only way to combat gyno is to use Nolvadex or Clomid. Considering the undesirable side-effects of these drugs, I generally don’t prefer these as the first line of defense. I have expressed my concerns about SERM’s in my article – Clomid & Nolvadex – The Dark Side.

In this article I summarize alternative methods for combating the occurrence of gyno. The advice given in this article is the result of over 10 years experience in counseling individuals with AAS induced gyno.

If you have gyno as a result of an endocrine disorder, I advise consulting your doctor before making changes to your prescribed medical regimen.

You Do Not Have Gyno!

During mammary tissue growth (the onset of gyno), you may notice the following symptoms -

Puffy or swollen nipples

Overly sensitive nipples

Itchiness around the nipples

Editorial note: I promise -- that is the last time I will ever say nipples.

Now, just because you may have these symptoms does not mean you HAVE GYNO. It simply means that you HAVE GYNO SYMPTOMS. Remember, it is normal to have a small flat pea sized lump under the nipple. This is NOT gyno.

Now, if you allow these above symptoms to progress for several weeks then you may develop gyno. So if you are experiencing any of the above symptoms then you are smart to take action before it’s too late – But please stop emailing me saying you “have gyno” after 3 days on a cycle – this is physiologically impossible.

The good news is that even if you do have a slight case of gyno that you developed from a cycle, it’s probably 100% reversible. Read on…

Nipples.

Gyno Hysteria

No level of gyno is “permanent”. Any level of gyno can be reversed by dietary, supplemental and/or hormonal intervention. Mammary tissue (gyno) can be catabolized like any other tissue in the body. It’s just a matter of creating the right physiological environment within your body. Therefore, as far as I’m concerned, all gyno is temporary or semi-permanent at worse.

Here are the basic levels of gyno -

Level 1 – A dime sized glandular lump – which can emerge as soon as 2-3 weeks after “gyno symptoms” appear. This type of gyno can transform into a more serious level 2 gyno if left untreated for more than 4-6 weeks. In most cases, this initial level 1 gyno disappears once the hormonal environment improves, which is generally 2-3 weeks after the inflicting steroids clear the system.

Level 2 – A quarter sized glandular lump. This type of gyno does not completely disappear on its own, but may gradually shrink to “Level 1” size after discontinuing the inflicting steroids. Completely reversing level 2 gyno requires aggressive dietary and supplemental intervention in conjunction with prescription grade drugs.

Generally, the levels of gyno can be referred to in the following way –

level 1 = temporary

level 2 = semi-permanent

Be warned, if gyno is allowed to grow large enough, the cost of surgery may be more cost efficient than trying to battle the gyno through drug and lifestyle changes – which could otherwise take months or years of intervention.

Following the 16 points below will help you prevent and reverse level 1 & 2 gyno -

The 16 Points

Consider all the following points. Remember, there are many factors that can contribute to gyno and performing just a handful of the points below may be the key to avoiding gyno all together.

1. Your naturally occurring 5a-reduced metabolites are your friends in preventing and reversing gyno. 5a-reduced metabolites include androsterone, androstanedione, androstanediol and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) as the most powerful 5a-reduced hormone. These hormones help prevent gyno by lowering estrogen and blocking the effect of estrogen at the hormone receptor. (1-8) Unless you have serious androgen related hair loss you want to keep your 5a-reduced metabolites relatively high to avoid gyno.

Methods for increasing 5a-reduced metabolites (DHT) are listed in preferred order –

Topical testosterone applied to the scrotum will rapidly increase DHT levels with minimal estrogen conversion. (for more information on topical steroids, read this article)

Use a DHT pro-hormone such as androsterone, found in AndroHard. This will raise DHT with zero risk of estrogen conversion.

Injectable testosterone along with an AI to prevent excessive estrogen conversion.

High dose oral 4-DHEA or DHEA along with an AI to prevent excessive estrogen conversion.

2. If you are concerned about gyno, avoid finesteride at all costs. It lowers all 5a-reduced metabolites to undesirable levels and has an extremely long half-life which continues to suppress DHT levels long after discontinuing the drug. (9) Progesterone would be a better anti-DHT alternative if you are concerned with hair loss. Plus, progesterone can clear the system within 24hrs making a mistake in dosing much less risky.

3. Almost all sources of gyno can be linked back to having insufficient levels of 5a-reduced metabolites in the body. In theory, any amount of estrogen/progesterone can be blocked by sufficient DHT. (10-14) Also, high DHT and enlargement of the prostate is a myth, however high estrogen and high DHT can lead to an inflamed prostate, so you want to at least make an effort to keep estrogen in a normal range. (14)

4. Trenbolone, TREN, Nandrolone can cause gyno because they lack a potent 5a-reduced metabolite (dihydronandrolone is weaker than dihydrotestosterone). (15) If you are worried about gyno from progestational steroids you should consider boosting your 5a-reduced metabolites during the cycle (mentioned above). This can avoid most if not all of the gyno problems associated with progestational hormones. I should mention here that aromatase inhibitors alone (AI’s) will not help prevent gyno from progestational compounds. It is the antagonistic action of 5a-reduced hormones that is required.

5. Nothing is going to antagonize estrogen at the estrogen receptor (ER) better than actual DHT. While DHT derivatives or analogs such as Anavar, Winstrol, Masteron, Epistane, Superdrone, ect may be 5a-reduced, they cannot convert to actual DHT and thus cannot directly inhibit gyno at the receptor level (since they lack the ultra-high binding affinity for the AR that true DHT possesses). (16)

6. Natural anti-estrogens (resveratrol, chrysin, I3C, DIM, ect) are great for PCT and can stimulate the HPTA and manage healthy estrogen metabolism, but they are not strong enough to prevent aromatization from high doses of aromatizing steroids. Don’t rely on these to prevent gyno during a cycle.

7. Reducing prolactin will reduce the overall stimulation on mammary growth. Suppressing prolactin is useful as a temporary method to help slow or stop gyno growth. However, continuing anti-prolactin treatment is not recommended to be continued beyond 8 weeks. Methods of suppressing prolactin include –

Vitex at 460mg/day

Vitamin B6 at 200-400mg/day

Mucuna Pruriens (15%-20% L-Dopa) 4-6g/day

Increasing DHT may also lower prolactin release (17)

8. Don’t fiddle with your nipples. This increases prolactin release which can make gyno worse.

9. IGF-1, GH, insulin and prolactin are all potent growth factors in gyno growth. Limiting these hormones will reduce the likelihood of experiencing gyno symptoms. “Bulking” (aka., eating-a-****load-of-everything) will increase most of the growth factors listed above. Cutting calories (especially carbohydrates) will suppress insulin and IGF-1 therefore reducing the overall stimulatory effect on mammary growth. Ketogenic diet = less risk of gyno.

10. Body fat (adipose tissue) is the main site for androgens to convert to estrogens. Therefore, being overweight or having high body fat increases your gyno risk. This is another good reason to go on a cutting cycle if you are gyno prone. Reducing body fat will lower your rate of estrogen conversion from aromatizing steroids. (18)

11. Caffeine consumption can inhibit clearance of estrogen from the liver by competing for the P-450 oxidase system. Avoid caffeine if you are concerned about high estrogen levels.

12. Avoid supplements containing forskolin if concerned about gyno. Forskolin increases aromatase activity via cAMP modulation and can increase formation of estrogen. (23,24)

13. Increasing fiber intake (both soluble and insoluble) can enhance clearance of estrogens from the intestines. Research shows that increasing fiber intake in humans can reduce estrogen levels by up to 22%. (19)

14. Reducing estrogen below the normal range (such as over dosing arimidex, letrozol, aromasin or formestane) can eventually reduce SHBG levels, thus allowing more estrogen to freely circulate (by offsetting it from SHBG). Higher levels of freely circulating estrogen can amplify breast tissue growth (20). SHBG also appears to have anti-estrogenic effects at the cell receptor level. (21, 22) Avoiding over suppression of SHBG will reduce your gyno risk.

15. Don’t be afraid to lower the dose mid cycle. People have a tendency to panic at the first sign of gyno and drop everything. Generally, just lowering the dose of the afflicting steroid can offer gyno relief within 4-5 days.

16. Save SERM’s as your last resort against gyno. You do not need a SERM (tormifene, clomid or nolva) to avoid gyno from a properly planned cycle. If you are still having gyno problems after following the above points, consider the fact that you have a poorly planned cycle and you need to revaluate the compounds you have chosen.

By Eric M. Potratz

Eric M. Potratz has developed his education in the field of endocrinology and performance enhancement through years of research, counseling, and real world experience. Over the past five years he has been a private consultant for hundreds of athletes and bodybuilders alike, and is the founder & president of Primordial Performance

References –

1. Dihydrotestosterone may inhibit hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal activity by acting through estrogen receptor in the male mouse.

Lund TD, et al.

Neurosci Lett. 2004 Jul 15;365(1):43-7.

2. Androgen-induced inhibition of proliferation in human breast cancer MCF7 cells transfected with androgen receptor.

Szelei J, et al.

Tufts University School of Medicine, Department of Anatomy and Cellular Biology, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA.

3. The non-aromatizable androgen, dihydrotestosterone, induces antiestrogenic responses in the rainbow trout.

Shilling AD, et al.

Agricultural and Life Sciences Building, room 1007, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA.

4. The androgen 5alpha-dihydrotestosterone and its metabolite 5alpha-androstan-3beta, 17beta-diol inhibit the hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal response to stress by acting through estrogen receptor beta-expressing neurons in the hypothalamus.

Lund TD, et al.

J Neurosci. 2006 Feb 1;26(5):1448-56.

5. Steroid modulation of aromatase activity in human cultured breast carcinoma cells.

Perel E, et al.

J Steroid Biochem. 1988 Apr;29(4):393-9.

6. Aromatase activity in the breast and other peripheral tissues and its therapeutic regulation.

Killinger DW, et al.

Steroids. 1987 Oct-Dec;50(4-6):523-36. Review.

7. The intracellular control of aromatase activity by 5 alpha-reduced androgens in human breast carcinoma cells in culture.

Perel E, et al

J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 1984 Mar;58(3):467-72.

8. FSH-induced aromatase activity in porcine granulosa cells: non-competitive inhibition by non-aromatizable androgens.

Chan WK, et al

J Endocrinol. 1986 Mar;108(3):335-41.

9. The effect of 5 alpha-reductase inhibitors on erectile function.

Canguven O, Burnett AL.

J Androl. 2008 Sep-Oct;29(5):514-23.

10. Comparative Pharmacokinetics of Three Doses of Percutaneous Dihydrotestosterone Gel in Healthy Elderly Men – A Clinical Research Center Study*

C. Wang et al.

Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism Vol. 83, No. 8 (1998)

11. Successful percutaneous dihydrotestosterone treatment of gynecomastia occurring during highly active antiretroviral therapy: four cases and a review of the literature.

Benveniste O et al.

Clin Infect Dis. 2001 Sep 15;33(6):891-3.

12. Gynecomastia: effect of prolonged treatment with dihydrotestosterone by the percutaneous route.

Kuhn J et al.

Presse Med 12;21-25. (1983)

13. Percutaneous dihydrotestosterone (DHT) treatment. In: Nieschlag E, Behre HM, eds. Testosterone: action, deficiency substitution.

Schaison G, Nahoul K, Couzinet B.

Berlin: Springer Verlag; 155–164. (1990)

14. Transdermal dihydrotestosterone and treatment of ‘andropause’.

de Lignieres B.

Ann Med 1993;25: 235–41.

15. Metabolism and receptor binding of nandrolone and testosterone under invitro and invivo conditions.

Bergink et al.

Acta Endocrinol Suppl (Copenh). 271:31-7, 1985

16. Pharmacology of Reproduction

David E, et al.

Principles of Pharmacology (second edition) p. 510 (2008)

17. Antagonism of estrogen-induced prolactin release by dihydrotestosterone.

Brann DW, et al.

Biol Reprod. 1989 Jun;40(6):1201-7.

18. Aromatase – a brief overview

Simpson ER, et al

Annu Rev Physiol. 64:93-127, 2002

19. Dietary fiber intake and endogenous serum hormone levels in naturally postmenopausal Mexican American women: the Multiethnic Cohort Study.

Monroe KR et al.

Nutr Cancer. 2007;58(2):127-35.

20. Williams Textbook of Endocrinology.

Wilson, et al.

9th ED. Philadelphia: Saunders, 1997

21. Sex steroid binding protein receptor (SBP-R) is related to a reduced proliferation rate in human breast cancer.

Catalano MG, et al.

Breast Cancer Res Treat. 42(3):227-34, 1997

22. Biological relevance of the interaction between sex steroid binding protein and its specific receptor of MCF-7 cells under SBP and estradiol treatment.

Fissore F, et al.

Steroids, 59(11):661-7, 1994

23. Progestin-dependent effect of forskolin on human endometrial aromatase activity.

Tseng L, Malbon CC, Lane B, Kaplan C, Mazella J, Dahler H, Tseng A.

Hum Reprod. 1987 Jul;2(5):371-7.

24. Forskolin up-regulates aromatase (CYP19) activity and gene transcripts in the human adrenocortical carcinoma cell line H295R.

Watanabe M, Nakajin S.

J Endocrinol. 2004 Jan;180(1):125-33.
Like 1

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Ok guys I borrowed these pics from a kid on another forum. He is dealing with the same thing as me and got good pics of it. THIS IS NOT ME. the only difference is that his is pubertal and he has never used AAS. And honestly his is a bit worst then mine. he describes the same thing as me. No hard lumps ( if he really looks he can find em ). But nipple puffiness is his concern.
Anyways. This is just a visual for you all to get a better understanding of what I'm talking about.
I appreciate all the help and support you all have offered

IMG_6808.jpg
IMG_6809.jpg
IMG_6810.jpg
IMG_6811.jpg

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So you first said you didn't feel anything and then you said you felt glandular tissue. If it's there is it getting smaller at all? Are you seeing any progress?

Also what is your body fat %?

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
So you first said you didn't feel anything and then you said you felt glandular tissue. If it's there is it getting smaller at all? Are you seeing any progress?

Yeah sorry if that's confusing. When I first made this thread I was not sure of the anatomy of a male chest and what is SUPPOSE to be in there. now I have become very familiar. So if I really feel around I could feel small soft lumps about the size of an Appleseed or something. They would be scattered around the peck and not directly behind the nipple. In both pecs. But I would have to really look. And honestly they could have very well been there before any cycle. As I've never really paid much attention to the inside of my pecs until watching for symptoms of gyno. There was no itching, tingling, or sensitivity at all. And they are absolutely NOT noticeable to the eye. And yes after running the nolva they did shrink and seem to spread out a bit. But are still there if I look for them. I would recommend nolva treatment for gyno caught early.
I am not longer concerned about lumps of masses. As it is not noticeable to me or anyone else without really feeling for them. And I am not sure if they were there before or not. As of right now I will just keep an eye on em and see if they grow or shrink in the near future.

What was absolutely not there before the cycle, and what I am concerned about is puffy nipple look, like those pictures show. This is new. And the puffyness comes and goes. A couple weeks ago I thought it was going down but the last couple days it has been acting up again.
Directly behind the nipple it is soft. No masses. And looks very similar to those pictures ( just to a lesser degree ).

I hope that makes sense and answered your questions.

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established

My calipers read 9-10% but they aren't the nicest calipers so I like to call it about 12% or so.
I'm almost positive it's not fat because In the past during bulking my body fat has been much higher and I've never had this problem.

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I was asking because IMO it looks like if that person went on a solid cut his chest could be reduced drastically. Sometimes it just takes a long time to get back to normal but if yours is that bad I would have expected you to say there were big lumps. 9-10% body fat you really shouldn't have a chest that looks like that I don't think. Great info you posted up there earlier though. Do you have a link to that?

KingAnt

KingAnt

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it straight up feels like fat. I guess for some reason the estrogen could have somehow told my body to start accumulating fat behind my nipple??? But that seems far fetched. From what I have read it seems that the estrogen was beginning to form gyno (hard masses) and I caught it early enough for the tissue to stay soft and not harden. But I'm just not sure. I'm still learning. No I don't I actually got that from another forum as well and I don't think he posted the link. I'll double check.