TRICEP BUILDING!

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
When doing tricep cable pulldowns... what works better for making the tricep bigger? the flat or bent bar pulldown? or the two ropes?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
Somebody please give some info any would be great

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
ropes are harder, Idk really. Dec CGBP ftw

elgenyo

elgenyo

Awards
  • Established
slight incline nosebreakers hit my tris hard, I then use the same ezbar for closegrip press to burnout. I use the curved bar on the cable pull with two different grips, one overhand the other underhand. Underhand feels like it gets the outer part of my tri more. Then finish up with dips.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
When doing tricep cable pulldowns... what works better for making the tricep bigger? the flat or bent bar pulldown? or the two ropes?
which head are you talking about? the "tri-cep" has 3 heads......hense "tri"

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
dude forget the pulldowns do overhead barbell extentions. Cable or ezbar skull crushers on incline. JM presses. Try benching with a reverse grip or C.G. Heavy dips... overload the pulldowns thing swing em down put ur bodyweight on top and do a "pressdown" those will get u some tri's that start at the elbows!

brk_nemesis

brk_nemesis

yea!!!!!
Awards
  • Established
straight bar pushdowns, with flared elbows = mock close grip bench. Unbelievable pump.

Skullz, CGB, DB extensions, and dips are all staples of course.

alwaysgaining

alwaysgaining

Awards
  • Established
heavy dips for me cuz it also makes my chest big

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
how do i make dips heavier than just body weight?

lonewolf0420

lonewolf0420

Awards
  • Established
how do i make dips heavier than just body weight?
Throw some weights in a book bag, or chains. Become creative. Also you can slow your cadence (more time under tension).

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Overhead extensions with a curl bar hit me the best.....but i shoulder has been acting stupid lately so I had to give them up.

Pushdowns: I do the curved bar then the straight then I go to the rope to finish them off. I love to do breakdowns on arms. When you're done go do bench dips with just your body weight stepped your legs in closer to you as you get to failure....you will freakin' feel it!

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
i dont wanna get cut up tho i wanna groe it out

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Cable pulldowns/pushdowns in general aren't great for tricep development. I recomend going over head. Take a rope and have the cable at it's lowest point and pull it over your head. That hits the triceps far better. Skull crushers of any kind are great too. Over head is key like other guys mentioned. I really like one arm dumbell neutral grip skull crushers. They are like tricep kick backs but laying down.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
im gonna add overhead to my regimen then... good idea?

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
just did them last night during training amazing feeling! and now im sore which i havent felt in a while feels good thanks guys

jim623

Cable pulldowns/pushdowns in general aren't great for tricep development. I recomend going over head. Take a rope and have the cable at it's lowest point and pull it over your head. That hits the triceps far better. Skull crushers of any kind are great too. Over head is key like other guys mentioned. I really like one arm dumbell neutral grip skull crushers. They are like tricep kick backs but laying down.
The DB skullcrushers are awesome. I use all grips though, hits all three heads. Palms up, palms together, and palms down.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
i used a neutral grip and it felt great should i use underhand or overhand?

jim623

Try it man, it worked great for me. Just be careful when you're going palms down, don't lose your grip.

One thing I started doing is to hold my elbow in place with the free hand to stabilize and keep good form.

bi0hazurd

Awards
  • Established
i used a bar that was specially made for them today... looks weird felt great im getting one plus it added a few lbs which helped pump me up a little more lol

JOHNJESSICA20

JOHNJESSICA20

Advanced Muscle Science Rep
Awards
  • Established
dips dips and more dips really got mine look good

BostonFan

BostonFan

Awards
if you create a perfect box with your upper arms and hold your arms tight against your side and keep strict form you will burn out your tris even on light weight.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
I would try neutral grip for awhile till you notice it's just not the same anymore. I get the best results from neutral grip. You can also try Open palm pushdowns. I forgot to mention that. You bring your body in close and keep your palms open. It's less stress on the elbows so sometimes you can push more weight. Problem I have after all these years is the joints can't match the weight i'm pushing. Sometimes I got to suck it up, drop the weight and do higher reps. You still will get results though.

waynaferd

waynaferd

Awards
  • Established
LOL.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVogg_0Hhus"]YouTube - Shake Weight Commercial #2[/ame]

phL8Tme

phL8Tme

Awards
On non arm days I will do as many presses reps as possible on an incline bench with as narrow a grip as my chest will allow.

On arm days (for tris) I start out with 2 sets of 20 bench dips with a 45 lb plate on my legs.

A couple setsx10-12 reps kickbacks/tri extensions with a 25-30 lb dumbell.

cable pulldowns starting at 80lbs for 10 reps-3 sets with curved bar. wide, narrow grip and arms straight out, these hurt! I will increase the weight by 10 lbs each set til failure.

Now I go work my bi's and abs for about a half hour.....

Now back to tris. Cable pulldowns with the ropes. starting at 100lbs, and increasing by 10 lbs. 6 reps max at each weight-increasing weight til failure.

I get lots of compliments on my arms. When I'm able to hit the gym 5 days a week I get 2 arm days, 2 chest days, back and legs day, 2 ab days. God I can't wait till the snow flies and work slows down!!! I'm scheaming and dreaming-planning my next 6-7 week bridge! MMMUUUHHAHAHAHAHAHAA