Transdermal carriers

JD284

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So far I’ve only used apex alchemy and IF ultra 3 transdermal products. IF ultra 3 seems to be extremely drying and I end up with red rashes that require lots of moisturizer, however it dries very very fast after application. Is this same carrier used for all IF products or is ultra 3 different because it’s a beta product? For apex products I’ve never had dryness or rashes but it takes a little longer to dry on the skin. How do IML transdermals compare to these on the dryness scale? All three companies offer different products I’m interested in.

Tagging resident experts @delsolrob @macedog24 @Renew1 for insight

thanks

tenorguy33

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So far I’ve only used apex alchemy and IF ultra 3 transdermal products. IF ultra 3 seems to be extremely drying and I end up with red rashes that require lots of moisturizer, however it dries very very fast after application. Is this same carrier used for all IF products or is ultra 3 different because it’s a beta product? For apex products I’ve never had dryness or rashes but it takes a little longer to dry on the skin. How do IML transdermals compare to these on the dryness scale? All three companies offer different products I’m interested in.

Tagging resident experts @delsolrob @macedog24 @Renew1 for insight

thanks
I have used Ultra 11 and Sustain Alpha from IF and Ursa Major, Helios, AET-50, Hyperion, Arimahex, and Stanogen from Apex.

My experience is very similar to yours. I loved how fast drying and odorless the Iconic products were (and effective) however the rashes were so bad even with using moisturizer and rotating application sites that it made it hard to use (it was almost painful). I also had pretty severe sunburns that blistered even with sunblock being applied over application sites once they were fully dry. I haven’t unfortunately repurchased since. I think they are a great company and still use their preworkout but struggle to use their transdermals.

The Apex products all dry a little slower and have a little more scent (not bad at all, kind of minty and dissipates quick) but they have treated my skin very well. I have been able to use their products without any skin issues with or without rotating sites and moisturizer.

I have no experience with IML products to compare.

Last edited:
BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Iconic dries me out.
Anything with Salvo does not.
Apex does not.
Muscle Gelz does not.
Some of the XPG line dries me out.

lanky

Awards
  • Established
salvo and prototype nutrition sprays dont dry me out.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used Muscle Gelz, Iconic, BLR (follidrone), BPS, and then various DHEA/preg topicals and never experienced rashes, but depending on what the ingredient is being added to the carrier, I've noticed differing consistency of the application. Some will be runnier.

IME, Muscle Gelz seems to have the most consistent delivery and smells the best.

WesleyInman

WesleyInman

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
MuscleGELZ and IronMagLabs topicals. Ours our made in the USA, in an FDA approved lab and it is a pharmaceutical manufacturer.

So these are legit pharmaceutical grade products. Discount code "WES15" gets you 15% off if you decide to try them.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Can't comment on IML as I haven't tried any, but I also find that IF dries my skin and also causes some redness/itchiness after about a week of use. Same boat as another poster, dries quickly, like that it's non-greasy and odorless.

Iron Legion (also Rob's) doesn't cause any issues for me, but is more of a liquid vs a gel. But that's probably tops for a carrier IMO as it doesn't have any of the sides.

I've also had good experience with BLR's topical carrier.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used all brands states and didn’t have any issues but salvo seems to be one of the most absorbing and therefore my favorite. I can’t use any of the heat inducing preworkout creams though or I get the red rash that you guys are describing.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My only additional comment is that whatever BLR used for the scent with old school Formeron was amazing. Don't know if anyone remembers that.