Training after Androgel Application

Drop D

Awards
Hello.

For those of you who are on a TRT program and use androgel, I have a question.

Regarding the application, it is recommended that you apply it in the morning and then wait 3-4 hours before showering. This is not a problem for me. However, on most mornings, around 3 hours after application, I will engage in my daily training in which I usually sweat buckets! As per the recommendations, showering won't occur until 5 hours after application. However, do you think that the sweating that occurs 3 hours after application is an issue and would present similar problems to showering too soon/getting the skin wet?

Thanks in advance..

PaulBlack

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Have you had your t levels tested after doing this?
If they are better, then you are absorbing some of the t, but if you are showing low levels or not much diff, I might ask your doc if you can apply at different times or something!?

rfarns01

Awards
Hello.

For those of you who are on a TRT program and use androgel, I have a question.

Regarding the application, it is recommended that you apply it in the morning and then wait 3-4 hours before showering. This is not a problem for me. However, on most mornings, around 3 hours after application, I will engage in my daily training in which I usually sweat buckets! As per the recommendations, showering won't occur until 5 hours after application. However, do you think that the sweating that occurs 3 hours after application is an issue and would present similar problems to showering too soon/getting the skin wet?

Thanks in advance..
I am pretty sure by the third hour you have absorbed as much as your skin will allow. Dude how much do you sweat that you would be concerned about this?

AnabolicHolic

AnabolicHolic

Banned
Awards
Sweating is beneficial, it moistens the skin and promotes further absorption. I do not shower until the next morning, or late at night....like 8 minimum hours, preferably I like to go the full 24 hours. I routinely workout almost immediately after application, but I workout at home and I can workout without a shirt on, so there is no transfer of the gel that might waste it/rub it off. If you are sweating and the gel is rubbing off on whatever, and coming off your skin...well that would be a problem, but just apply where you won't be making contact with anything..... Phlogel or DMSO work well to increase absorption as well BTW.