Total test vs free test levels etc.

circa11

Awards
I had my bloodwork come back and I had my total test checked. My results came back as 10.4 nmol/L. the reference range is 8.0-35.0 nmol/L.

Do I have a leg to stand on when it comes to a talk with the doctor?

Drolball

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
How old are you? You're on the low end of normal which may be justification for TRT with the right dr. if that is the goal. I would see a urologist or endo. A PCP will tell you you're fine. Again if TRT is the goal.

circa11

Awards
How old are you? You're on the low end of normal which may be justification for TRT with the right dr. if that is the goal. I would see a urologist or endo. A PCP will tell you you're fine. Again if TRT is the goal.
I will be 33 this may. Will TRT put me into the mid range of normal? Or is that dosage dependant? Maybe ill ask my family doctor who is almost 80 for a referral.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I will be 33 this may. Will TRT put me into the mid range of normal? Or is that dosage dependant? Maybe ill ask my family doctor who is almost 80 for a referral.
Dose depending, 150ish mg puts most guys from mid to high normal range. See a endo, I just had a friend get offered trt through his PCP and the wanted to put him on test pellets, they surgically implant a bunch of big testosterone pellets all over your body, it's fukin stupid as all hell. Most PCP won't even consider you if your in range. Depending on how close you are with them, of you have a really good relationship with your primary then it might be a option to look it. But if your goal is trt, you want injections, the cream and pellets suck.

You could also look into them helping you naturally raise your testosterone.

If your overweight, do t exercise regularly or eat the typical American diet then those are probably the causes of your lot testosterone and they can be fixed quite easily