*WORKOUT*

Chicken Breast / Fish / Lean Ground Beef / Pork
Green Veggies, Salad and/or Emerald Balance
Fats - as needed (Almonds)
MHP Activite

1 Scoop Protein Serum
1 Scoop Ultra Peptide 2.0
1 Raw Egg

*Eaten 6 days a week with very little variance. 7th day carb load/refeed with 2 of 4 meals.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/10

Machine (Close-Grip Bench) Press

118x15
132x14
146x12
160x9
160x8
132x12
132x12

+ 14 lbs

Within 14 lbs of matching Personal Record when I weighed roughly 168.

Upright Rows

75x15
80x14
85x13
90x12
95x12
100x11

Flys

40x12
46x12*

+ 6 lbs *Matched Personal Record

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Hey!:stick:

I know! :)

It must be tha hormones in our water, documenting my own accountability, or fulfilling my own desires to be an inspiration. Sometimes tha thought of laying the ground work for those in similar situations get me fired up more than anything... and kinda lends itself to this little update, remember this:

Speaking of employment, I'm hopeful to be blessed with a new job oportunity soon. This one caught me by surprise and I'm not even sure if it's a valid one as I just saw a promo piece for this company and now have this overwhelming urge to inquire about employment. Considering this is rare for me to dive into something so quickly, and realizing what this ideally could mean for me, I can't help but believe God is calling.
Well, THIS would be a company by tha name of Focus Fitness. I found it after watching TV late a night, a time when I normally wouldn't be watching. There was a commerical, actually for what appeared to be a local website: Living Well With A Disability :: Home. It is a company that helps parents, family, or those with disabilities network resources for individual needs. I immediately thought, wow thats freakin' cool because I've never seen something like that around this area. Then it hit me, ya know I wouldn't mind working at a place like that... I wonder if I could get linked up with a place to get my foot/ankle looked at? :)

By this time I was tired and told myself I needed to go to bed. I tried and it didn't happen. I'm a Procrastinator by nature. I very rarely get zoned in on these kind of whims, afterall I could check that website out tha following day. This was different. I was no longer tired. I hoped there might be more to this so I gave in. I spent from 1:30 to about 5:30 AM just reading and researching. It's what lead me to Richie Brace (which I still need to do one of these weekends). On that LWD website there was Focus Fitness, a name and a cellphone number. I come to find out that they do personal training for those with developmental disabilities.

WOW

It was like someone told me to drink a V8, and gave me a golden ticket all at tha same time. I knew what I had to do...

So I called and we talked. I told him all about my 9 years experience working in MR for The ARC of Lebanon and Dauphin Counties. I also shared my 480+ hours of internship and 2 years experience working in tha MH field. Then I got into my passion for working out and personal drive. It was around this time I also informed I have CP... I believe that was tha clincher. Let's just say he sounded very happy I called. :) So am I. But life wouldn't be life without a few snags now would it? I submitted my resume upon request and am now waiting to hear back. First let me say I didn't even know if there would be any job opportunites here. In fact, I tried not to get my hopes up. After that initial conversation I come find out that yes, there are actively looking to fill many positions... but, BUT... at this time all they have is part-time.

So now I'm in a tough spot. I'll be quite honest with you. I'm on tha verge of burning out everyday at my current job. My boss is a huge reason why I stay, as well as some of tha consumers too. For the most part it is a thankless job with overbearing regs and policies. You see very little progress with consumers on a week to week basis... that gets to you. I never one to completely detach. Bottom line is I know my own personal stressors and what job responsiblities are demanded at my full-time job to make it near impossible for me to take on another part-time job unless it's just weekend work. Unfortunately this is not what was explained to me... I have tha option to convert my full-time into part-time with no guarenteed hours and lose my benefits. Two part-time jobs are a possibility, but I feel I need decent insurance. With all this, I'm no better than where I was coming straight out of college substitute teaching it seems.

I don't know, I guess we'll see... might not be my time to move on yet.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First of all, if I haven't told you yet, today, that I love you...well I do love you :)

I continue to be amazed and inspired by you. You make me feel bad about feeling bad for myself. I do not mean it in a patronizing way at all and a believe you know that. You have and continue to turn what is for most, and even for you at times, a true handicap, into a tremendous asset..and even moreso a blessing to others. You should be at least a little bit proud of yourslef if you don't mind me offering you the invitation. If you don't accept I will be proud of you...for us both.

I don't know, I guess we'll see... might not be my time to move on yet.
Someone very dear to me just told me this today: "I know its still "thy will be done" and always will be but I also think you need to do all in your power to prepair even if none of the options that you prepair for are the option that He has for us."

Keep up your good work Jordan. Your are a great steward of your talents, passions, and most amazingly your CP.

Please don't hurt yourself (again) in the gym. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
First of all, if I haven't told you yet, today, that I love you...well I do love you :)

I continue to be amazed and inspired by you. You make me feel bad about feeling bad for myself. I do not mean it in a patronizing way at all and a believe you know that. You have and continue to turn what is for most, and even for you at times, a true handicap, into a tremendous asset..and even moreso a blessing to others. You should be at least a little bit proud of yourslef if you don't mind me offering you the invitation. If you don't accept I will be proud of you...for us both.

What is about who I am that makes me unforgettable
What it is about what I've done that makes it so incredible
"More money, more problems" -- well the fame was worse...
I reached out for love and what came back was thirst.

I'm gon' live forever, I'm never gon' die
Only thing I fear is that I'm never gon' fly
Carry my weight but I'm never gon' cry
I tell y'all straight cause I'm never gon' lie

I'm proud, but I just can't think like that... Ego. I just got to keep on, keepin' on. There is much more I want for myself and many more lives to impact. Exposure is key. I'm a Pioneer. If I sit here and think about it, it becomes self destructive. I can start to believe I am better than who I am. It's a double-edged mindset. Fear that I'm never going to fly is a good thing. It's a catyalist for change.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh I agree on the ego and the pride and the double edge sword.

I'm reminded of a favorite Queensryche song.

SOME PEOPLE FLY
Music and Lyrics by: Chris DeGarmo, Geoff Tate

Used to be a time
we held the world.
Wrapped 'round our finger tips
Laughing at what others missed. Someday, yesterday
The magic we felt went away.
Grow up somebody said... tell me where it's gone
so I can go find it now. I can't live your way.
Go ahead without me.
I'll find my own way

Some people fly... and some of us worry about touching
the sun with wings. I know if I try I'll get where I'm going,
Keeping my eyes on the sky.

The box you live within is strong and it's up to you
to see beyond the comfort zone you've grown to love.
There's more to life than that. The expectations
that you hold will keep you down and make you old
If you can't see what I'm trying to say, maybe you just
need to wear my shoes for awhile. I can't live your way.
Go ahead without me.
I'll find my own way

Some people fly...and some of us worry
I'd risk it all to have wings.
I know if I try I'll get where I'm going,

While you sit there and think about it, there's another
unfolding their wings. I can tell you what it's like, but,
until you try, you'll never see what I mean.

Some people fly...and some of us worry
I'll touch the sky with my wings.
I know if I try I'll get where I'm going,
Keeping my eyes, keeping my eyes on the sky.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Updated

Foundation

Ultra Peptide 1.0 & 2.0
Body Genie: Protein Serum
MHP Activite
Emerald Balance
Super Cissus

Anabolism Modulators

Powerfull
E-Bol

Thermogenic Potentiators

Adrenalean
Durablast
Thermoglide

Intra-Endurout

Vendetta
Carnage
Storm

Glycogen Loading

Anabolic Pump
P-Slin

Foundation

Ultra Peptide 1.0 & 2.0
Body Genie: Protein Serum
MHP Activite
Emerald Balance
Glucosamine Sulfate

Anabolism Modulators

Powerfull
Trib Test Extreme
Bolic

Thermogenic Potentiators

Lean Xtreme 1.0
Thermogenic Thyrotabs
Bolic
Thermoglide

Intra-Endurout

Vendetta
Storm

Glycogen Loading

NOW Glucose Support
P-Slin

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/12

Hey!:stick:
Sorry B... I gotta get to baseline with most these, then I'll cut it back. Give me two weeks then I'm forced to deload a bit with being On-Call.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ozzy Osbourne - I dont wanna stop

Iso High-Rows

90x15
100x12
110x12
120x11
125x9*
125x8
90x12
90x12

+ 5 lbs *Matched Personal Record

Back Ext

205x15
215x15
225x12
235x12
245x12
245x10

+ 5 lbs

Biceps Curl

140x12*
140x10
140x10
140x8
140x6

+ 5 lbs *Matched Personal Record

I forgot to weight myself last week and did not want to weigh in today as yesterday was a big carb load without a workout. That played mind games with me a bit as I wanted to go but it just got too late with family, to tha point where I would have been too wired to go to sleep that night. I was on point with this workout today and it wasn't a mental struggle. God Bless carbohydrates! As always, thanks for my ability to lift and my inspiration to others... Now if we can only work on my sister. Perhaps we'll save that for another entry.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/13

Pec Dec

220x12
235x12
250x11
265x9
265x8
270x5
220x12

+ 10 lbs

Military

55x12
60x12
60x11
65x10
65x10
55x11
55x10

No weight change

Standing Tri Ext

54.5x12
60x12
64.5x9
64.5x9
54.5x10
60x8

Left wrist was bothing me this workout and caved a few times under heavier loads and general fatigue. Overall I'm impressed with my endurance as of last couple workouts. This may or may not be due to the new Xtreme Formulation betas I'm running which I have not disclosed in my supplemental list... so far so good, but perhaps premature to attribute additional endurance with tha one in particular.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Always, every time that I've met you I've liked you! Can't say that for everyone I've met in the supp industry..;)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/14

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNtMZaJv80s"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

BioLayne -

Great video, especially that ending still frame (i.e. wrist)...

Hack Squats

225x12
235x12
245x12
255x12
265x12
275x11
285x9
285x9

+ 10 lbs

I'm pleased. I haven't done this in like what... 3 weeks? I wasn't sure if I'd lose a step or not. Fwiw, I can only do these at tha high school where I graduated as my father has access being a teacher. My gym doesn't have a shoulder mounted machine which works to my favor in maintaining balance and left side emphasis. Hopefully these workouts can be more consistant now that my dad has moved into his new diggs.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh wow! I was unaware that Layne had injured himself.

As you know I had my neck disk injury that severely atrophied my pec, lat and tricep very significantly. It has taken me a year to get back to 65-70%.

In all honesty though none of us here are near the physique that Layne has. This only furthers my empathy for him. He and I are not close by any means but if you speak to or hear from him share with him my empathy and hopes for his full recovery.

Keep up the good work Jordan.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Oh wow! I was unaware that Layne had injured himself.

As you know I had my neck disk injury that severely atrophied my pec, lat and tricep very significantly. It has taken me a year to get back to 65-70%.

In all honesty though none of us here are near the physique that Layne has. This only furthers my empathy for him. He and I are not close by any means but if you speak to or hear from him share with him my empathy and hopes for his full recovery.

Keep up the good work Jordan.

I will attempt to pass word, but unfortunately getting any type of response from Layne is like trying to draw blood from a turnip, lol.

Personally, I would love to have a more personal conversation with him regarding his injury. In fact, in some ways I believe all three of us could gain new respect and appreciation for each other. Many of Layne's training obstacles now (per his loggings), are what I go through on a daily basis. For Layne, this could and perhaps has placed all new meaning to tha word OVERCOME.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know his discipline and drive to achieve and excel is exceptional. If he has been anything as passionate about his recovery as I have he will come back even greater than before. On a bad day he has quite the specimen of a physique.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I know his discipline and drive to achieve and excel is exceptional. If he has been anything as passionate about his recovery as I have he will come back even greater than before. On a bad day he has quite the specimen of a physique.
I agree and most likely a large part of why it's hard to correspond with him. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/17

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVV9Dy9y8pk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Styles of Beyond & Mike Shinoda - Second 2 None

132x12
132x12
146x12
146x12
160x10
160x10
160x9

+ 1 rep at 160
+ 1 set at 160

Flys

40x12
46x8
46x8

No weight change... Performed 2nd in rotation instead of 3rd
+ 1 set overall

Upright Rows

80x15
85x15
90x15
95x15
100x15
105x14

+ 5 lbs

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/18

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAMbCmK0iHg"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Busta Rhymes ft. Linkin Park - We Made It

Back Ext

210x15
220x15
235x15
245x15
250x14
250x12

+ 5 lbs... Within 5 lbs of Matching Personal Best

Sissy Squats

170x10
180x10
190x10
200x10
210x10
210x8

+ 10 lbs

Leg Ext

200x12
200x10
210x10
210x10
220x10
220x8

+ 10 lbs... Within 10 lbs of Matching Personal Best

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Update

Originally I had thought I'd be On-Call not this week but next. Well, my supervisor had asked me to switch weeks with her this week and being tha understanding individual I am, I said sure. In reality I really don't mind because I rather do my hell week and get it over with. It just sucks because you have to surrender to tha fact that training most likely will be interrupted... like last night when I had planned on annihalating Back and Bi only to find out last minute that I'd be working an additional 5 hours overtime. We'll see what this week brings. I may find it fairly easy to deload a bit.

I'm still uncertain of my current weight as I have not checked since my last update. I hope to get some new progress pictures up fairly soon.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/20

Wrist check... :cool:

www.imearldavidreed.com

Iso High-Rows

90x15
100x12
100x12
110x12
110x12
120x9
120x8

Seated Rows

90x8
90x7
90x6
80x7
80x7
70x8
70x8

Biceps Curl

140x9
140x6
140x6
125x6
125x6
125x6

Nothing really to write home about with today's workout. Too much on my mind and I suspect most lifts will follow suit this week... very little M&M connection. Fwiw, last time I did this workout it was following a typical 8 hour carb-up (which I'm sure helped). This weeks carb load fell short with last minute plans and switched from a Saturday or Sunday to a Friday cheat meal. Next refeed is scheduled for Sunday May 25th. Ironic thing is, plans are made to visit my soon to be in-laws on Sunday for Memorial. Tha last time I was down to visit while on-call I had just gotten there and recieved a page. Emergency personnel have my utmost respect to carry such 'burden' every day of their lives.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/21

Hack Squats

235x12
245x12
255x12
265x12
275x12
285x10
295x10
290x9

+ 10 lbs

Ok, I admit I stress things way too much. I just need to learn how to relax, not that I ever will but it would be nice be able to cope with life stressors better, lol. I'm naturally a tense (intense) person leading to borderline hypertensive issues. Compound burnout rate of my professional field of choice and yeah... sometimes I really have myself shaking my head. An older co-worker of mine once told me that tha root of most stress is Ego. It wasn't until I really thought about this idea and what actually stresses me that I realized she has a good point. Being able to recognize interference and keep my own Ego in check has become a learning process. Parlaying this into today's workout, I think I was able to cool my jets enough to focus on the task at hand and actually get a good lift in... cest la vie!

Supplemental Update... both PowerFULL and Bolic are finished. I'm now completely out of USPlabs products at this time which seems a little strange considering I usually at tha very least have some Cissus on hand.

I hope to have pictures taken tomorrow for updates as well. No word yet on where my weight stands.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
Redemption - 5/24

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Vobqi4vds"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

1:57 - "You get to climb a mountain everyday you're in the gym... I just tell myself, you either want this or you don't."

Morning

118x15
132x12
146x12
160x12
160x8
146x10
132x10
118x12

+ 2 reps at 160
+ 1 set overall

Upright Rows

85x15
90x15
95x15
100x14
105x14
110x13

+ 5 lbs

Flys

40x12
40x11
40x10

Evening

Iso High-Rows

100x12
110x12
120x12
130x10*
130x8
100x12

+ 5 lbs *New Personal Record

Fixed Pulldowns

160x10
160x10
165x8
165x8
150x10
150x10

Left hand was giving out on these. This in part was partially due to cutting my fingernails too short yesterday.

Seated Tri Ext

95x12
105x10
115x8
115x8
105x8

+ 5 lbs

Weight (Best of 3): 157, 156.5, 157 :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/25

Back Ext

190x15
190x15
205x15
205x15
220x15
220x15
235x15

+ 1 set overall

Ham Curls (Singles)

(Left)
85x12
85x12
90x12
90x12
95x12
95x12

+ 5 lbs

(Right)
90x15
90x15
90x15

Leg Ext

205x12
205x12
220x12
220x12
230x10
230x10

+ 10 lbs

So here I sit at 157 lbs which is one pound more than I was with those pics taken pre-surgery. I think I look shittier now than I did then considering in some lifts I'm actually stronger. One thing is for sure, I'm pretty damn carb depleted right now. I didn't even have my planned carb-up today due to getting a few last minute pages... thank god I give it up tomorrow. Oh yes, Jordan has to work tomorrow. :) I think that refeed will come tomorrow after work, I just gotta play my cards right. Come to think of it, I believe those PS pics were taken a day or two after a carb-up where my sweet spot seems to be... If so, that would explain it. Fully saturated I typically hold an additional 8 lbs of water. I'd guess 3-4 lbs by the time those pics were taken. This leads me to believe I was probably actually weighing closer to 152. Sounds like about 5 more pounds or 5 more weeks to go...

It would appear that the glucosamine seems to be working to a degree. I have yet to start living meal to meal. I'm pretty sure I'm below my natural setpoint by now.

Xtreme's beta(s) continues to shine. I'm still uncertain about endurance effects although it has pointed in that direction yesterday with that two-a-day. What I have noticed is internally one can be felt thoughout use.

EMISGOD

Awards
I had to sign up to keep reading, Jordan...so I did. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I had to sign up to keep reading, Jordan...so I did. :)

I appreciate that... feel free to spread tha word to your fellow logging hotties. :p

It's a little smaller crowd over here with some key friends that aren't apart of cirque du soleil. Keeping with my own uniqueness, I figured this would be as good of a place as any to start a log.

Refeed went as planned for yesterday after work (meals 3 and 4). Easily a day and a half worth of calories. Well worth it IMHO not only physically but psychologically too... Friendly's Reese's PB Ice Cream Cake FTMf'nW! This was also in celebration of my future father in-law's one year sobriety.

I'd like to take this moment to make a formal shout-out to our current troops and vets out there. I found myself yesterday thinking long and hard about tha services you provide for me and this country. I feel truly blessed to be a US Citizen and very honored by those willing to defend. Often times I think we (myself included) become desensitized by tha media and distance ourselves when we hear about troops dying. Those numbers become just that... numbers. It's far too easy for those not involved to sit on their asses and take things for granted. With today's climate, tha military seems like a death wish. It's easy to say there's no way you'd see me doing that. Well if we'd all think like that, where would we be? It takes courage, commitment and a strong sense of purpose in life. A sense of purpose I can relate to myself. So thank you for stepping up to tha plate and helping to make my life as I know it possible.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/28

This one is for you Brian...

Scorpions - Wind of Change

Hack Squats

235x12
245x12
255x12
265x12
275x12
285x11
295x10
300x10

+ 5 lbs

Nice workout despite being both emotionally and mentally drained. Consumer turnover at our program has been fast and furious as of late. Two fairly new admissions and just yesterday had a site visitor from tha state hospital who spent last night and tonight. This required me to do additional overtime I was not prepared for and ended up working from 7a-8p all because we were told this consumer could independently inject her own insulin... that hospital staff had worked with her to accomplish this prior to admission... yeah right. Instead is more about politics and least restrictive environment, which I'm an advocate for but obviously in this case it would appear that this consumer got pushed out tha door way too quickly without appropriate supports. No problem, we'll just put it on Jordan to scrambled at last minute to find an RN will abilities to comply with our company's regs. :) Naturally today I felt like a damn zombie at work. I took some eph with coffee and it didn't do ****! That's how I know I'm stressed... coming off tha heels last weeks hell week. Hopefully I can catch a break here soon.:frustrate

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.

EMISGOD

Awards
Nice workout despite being both emotionally and mentally drained. Consumer turnover at our program has been fast and furious as of late. Two fairly new admissions and just yesterday had a site visitor from tha state hospital who spent last night and tonight. This required me to do additional overtime I was not prepared for and ended up working from 7a-8p all because we were told this consumer could independently inject her own insulin... that hospital staff had worked with her to accomplish this prior to admission... yeah right. Instead is more about politics and least restrictive environment, which I'm an advocate for but obviously in this case it would appear that this consumer got pushed out tha door way too quickly without appropriate supports. No problem, we'll just put it on Jordan to scrambled at last minute to find an RN will abilities to comply with our company's regs. :) Naturally today I felt like a damn zombie at work. I took some eph with coffee and it didn't do ****! That's how I know I'm stressed... coming off tha heels last weeks hell week. Hopefully I can catch a break here soon.:frustrate

God, give us grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.
Nothing to do but keep on keepin' on, my man... :hammer:

It'll get better.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hang tough Jordan, at least she was put in the hands of a guy that does care and will help her out..you! Sometimes the feeling of helping someone else out is enough to give you a good feeling and push you through your day. I'm also running on 5 hrs sleep thanks to Matt so i feel your pain. And the urge to sleep..lol

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/30

132x15
146x12
160x12
160x12
174x8*
174x7
146x10
146x10

+ 14 lbs *Matched Personal Record

Flys

46x10
46x10
46x7

+ 1 additional set at 46

Upright Rows

100x12
105x12
110x12
110x13
110x12
115x10

+ 5 lbs

I'll keep this short and sweet as I'm pretty much spent this evening... I got into a little bit of trouble at work today with my temper/frustration, enough to have a rather formal sit-down. I recognize God has to work hard with me on that one. There is no doubt I wear my emotions on my sleeve and it does get tha best of me quite often. By God's grace not so much with consumers, more so just with my fellow co-workers. Considering I'm in a supervisory position, I am quite ashamed of myself at this time. I have but no choice but to improve upon my faults and accept this as a challenge.

On a more positive note, I've received and email from a David, residing in England who also has CP. He had plenty of training questions so I've invited him on-board so that perhaps others can benefit as well. :)

A mental reminder to myself. It's been a couple weeks now without SuperCissus and I need to buy some.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
5/31

DMX - The Rain

Fixed Pulldowns

155x12
165x12
175x10
175x10
180x10
185x8*

+ 10 lbs *Matched Personal Record

Seated Rows

90x10
90x8
90x8
90x8
80x10
80x9

+ 2 reps at 90

Biceps Curl

145x7*
145x6
145x5
130x7
130x7

+ 5 lbs *New Personal Record

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/2 - Ride the Tiger!

dio - holy diver

132x15
146x12
160x12
174x9
174x8
174x8
160x8
146x10

+ 1 rep at 174
+ 1 additional set at 174

Flys

46x10
46x10
52x5

+ 5 lbs

Upright Rows

115x10
115x12
115x12
115x12
115x12
115x10

+ 2 reps at 115

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/3

Dope - Debonaire

Seated Rows

90x10
94.5x7
94.5x7
90x8
90x8
80x10

+ 4.5 lbs

V-Bar Pulldowns

160x10
160x10
160x9
160x9
160x8
160x8

+ 1 rep at 160

Biceps Curl

145x8
145x6
130x7
130x6
115x8

+ 1 rep at 145

I'll be laying off tha upright rows for a while as I'm starting to get alot of inflammation and impingement problems again. This is even more reason to order some Cissus by weeks end. Eventhough I like tha exercise, I can never seem to get good form due to lack of motor coordination. It's my only lift that seems to be able to maintain my genetically gifted traps and stress more outer delt region as opposed to militaries alone. ...It will be missed.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/4 - Father & Son Wednesdays

My Dad :cool:

Hack Squats

235x10
245x10
255x10
265x10
275x10
285x10
295x9
300x9
305x8

+ 5 lbs
+ 1 additional set overall

Heat and humidity really hampered this workout in terms of muscular endurance. It was a hot and sticky day with no AC or fans in tha school's weight room. Eventually fans will be put in to circulate some air, but it's only a sign of what is to come. I think I drank over half my workout cocktail and was drenched in sweat by my second set... here's to summer! :cheers:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/5

This rep-tastic workout sponsored by:

Check out this fantastic line of tasty nutritional supplements here:

Products By Xtreme Formulations

118x15
132x15
146x15
146x14
146x14
132x15
132x15
118x15
118x15

Flys

40x12
40x12
40x10
40x10

Standing Military

54x8
54x10
54x10
59x10
59x8
59x8

I'm almost through with Trib Test Extreme. I am quite pleased at tha price point for which I paid when on sale. I don't think it's an amazing product by any means, but believe I responded well most likely to it's inclusion of Nettle... Tha original ActivaTe by DS had been far and away my favorite product for quite some time. Much like Forskolin, Nettle always proves itself time and time again to be a clutch hitter in my supplemental rotation. Truly, that is tha key along with consistent diet and training IMHO... point being to cycle yo' $hit. :) Find out what works best for you in tha sea of crap out there, string together some goal specific synergy, and then switch it out every 3-6 weeks max.

As I've mentioned previously my glucosamine dosings are fairing better than originally anticipated... I think... either that or it's just tha Trib Test, lol. I guess we'll see... More to follow.

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
This rep-tastic workout sponsored by:

Check out this fantastic line of tasty nutritional supplements here:

Products By Xtreme Formulations

118x15
132x15
146x15
146x14
146x14
132x15
132x15
118x15
118x15

Flys

40x12
40x12
40x10
40x10

Standing Military

54x8
54x10
54x10
59x10
59x8
59x8

I'm almost through with Trib Test Extreme. I am quite pleased at tha price point for which I paid when on sale. I don't think it's an amazing product by any means, but believe I responded well most likely to it's inclusion of Nettle... Tha original ActivaTe by DS had been far and away my favorite product for quite some time. Much like Forskolin, Nettle always proves itself time and time again to be a clutch hitter in my supplemental rotation. Truly, that is tha key along with consistent diet and training IMHO... point being to cycle yo' $hit. :) Find out what works best for you in tha sea of crap out there, string together some goal specific synergy, and then switch it out every 3-6 weeks max.

As I've mentioned previously my glucosamine dosings are fairing better than originally anticipated... I think... either that or it's just tha Trib Test, lol. I guess we'll see... More to follow.
yea, i just got a really good deal on am.com auction for some Tribulus test extreme. Im looking forward to using it in the future. But for now, im running a cycle of hdrol for 5 weeks, then pCT. After that, i will definitely be running 11-oxo, as i have heard nothing but really good things about this.

Good luck and keep working man. Day by day,

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
yea, i just got a really good deal on am.com auction for some Tribulus test extreme. Im looking forward to using it in the future. But for now, im running a cycle of hdrol for 5 weeks, then pCT. After that, i will definitely be running 11-oxo, as i have heard nothing but really good things about this.

Good luck and keep working man. Day by day,
Thanks for following along. :)

If at all possible and especially considering your size, I would dose TTE at 2 caps 4x daily to make tha best of it's actives. You may also be able to get away with 6 caps (2 at breakfast, 2 prior to workout, 1 with meals). It been suggested that Nettle's half-life is rather short so frequent dosings may be optimal. I don't have much faith in a 3x daily protocol.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/6

Speaking of sponsors...

Xtreme Formulations sponsored athlete - Valerie 'Siren' Waugaman

Back Ext

205x15
215x15
225x15
235x15
245x12
245x12

Seated Rows

70x15
70x15
74.5x12
74.5x12
70x12
70x12

Lat Pulldowns

140x12
140x12
144.5x10
144.5x10
140x12
140x12

Weight (Best of 3): 155, 155.5, 155.5 :)

msucurt

msucurt

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for following along. :)

If at all possible and especially considering your size, I would dose TTE at 2 caps 4x daily to make tha best of it's actives. You may also be able to get away with 6 caps (2 at breakfast, 2 prior to workout, 1 with meals). It been suggested that Nettle's half-life is rather short so frequent dosings may be optimal. I don't have much faith in a 3x daily protocol.
thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/9

Back Ext

205x15
220x15
235x15
250x12
250x12
250x12

+ 5 lbs

Ham Curls

(Left)
85x12
90x12
90x12
90x12
95x10
95x10
95x10

(Right)
95x12
95x12
90x12
90x12

Leg Ext

205x15
220x12
235x10
235x10
235x8
220x10
205x12

+ 5lbs

I'm going to attempt to mix it up this week and shock a bit. Much like my last few workouts where I've added more overall volume (i.e. reps/sets), this week I'll try to hit legs M,W,F just because I hate doing legs as of late and feel like I have to prove something to myself. If all goes well perhaps I'll do it again next week...

In other news, I've ordered more Cissus and spoke with Jacob about purchasing from him at cost since I use quite a lot and consider it a staple. His answer:

----- Original Message -----
To: 'Jordan Frantz'
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 3:12 PM
Subject: RE: Cissus

I’ll be your cissus sponsor. Send an address…
Tha Lord keeps me in contact with great people, for that I feel extremely blessed and very thankful.

I've also begun to experiment with Piracetam. Rosland sent me some a while back and I've been putting it on tha backburner due to my own ignorance and being uneducated in tha area of nootropics. There is a lot of research out there with it's use for CP and stroke. It has enough backing to give it a shot IMO, however, I have used ALCAR quite a few times which is also classified as a nootropic and haven't seen/felt much of a difference to warrant any type of consistant replay value. Toad will follow...

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/10

This song carries a lot of dark memories and frustration through adolescence, feeling as though I'd never live up to my father's expectations...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cGvzApDZKI"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Metallica - The Unforgiven

Iso High-Rows

115x12
115x11
115x11
125x8
125x8
125x8
90x15
90x15

Seated Rows

90x8
94.5x8
94.5x8
94.5x6
90x8
90x8
74.5x15
74.5x15

+ 1 rep at 94.5
+ 2 additional sets overall

Weighted Ab Crunch

30x20
35x15
25x15
25x15

(typically don't track)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/12

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_n3qLhnAM7Y"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

The Offspring - Gone Away

Hack Squats

235x12
245x12
255x12
265x12
275x12
285x12
295x11
305x10
305x8

+ 2 reps at 305

I obviously didn't get this in on Wednesday as it was my cousin's last softball game of tha season. I'll get tha third installment in either Sat or Sun depending on recovery and time of refeed. I think it actually worked in my favor though as I'm starting to notice as lean as I am, recovery as a whole is starting to take a dump. Hunger is also starting to creep in more quickly... I'm definitely below my setpoint. :)

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/13 - Flashback Friday

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvUpA0KWy70"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

Donnie Iris - Ah Leah!

132x15
146x15
160x15
174x11
174x11
174x8
160x12
160x10
160x10

+ 2 reps at 174

Standing Military

59x12
59x12
68x12
68x10
68x10
73x8
73x8

+ 14 lbs

Flys

46x10
46x10
46x10
46x8

I'm not quite sure where tonight's surge in strength came from... but I'll take it! I've finished up with TTE and have begun supplementing with Thermolife's new T-BOL product. Ron Kramer and Bane had sold me on tha formula a while back and I pre-ordered. I might throw E-BOL back in eventually as this cutting phase whines down. Nutraplanet has a killer deal on DS Adrenalean right now and wondering how it might fare with some geranium caps? I guess it's soon time to update my supp list yet again. :p

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/15

I friggin' love AC/DC, there's just something special about music from below tha belt...

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9I9pljL5mdk"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

AC/DC - Thunderstruck

Back Ext

210x15
220x15
230x15
240x14
250x13
250x13

+ 1 rep at 250

Sissy Squats

185x8
185x10
185x12
195x9
195x10
195x12
205x10
215x9

+ 5 lbs

Leg Press

175x15
195x14
215x10

Tough workout and rather fast-paced. I think I may have hit tha wall early due to not forcing as many carbs yesterday, subsequently initiating ketosis mid to late workout. I'm not disappointed. However with a little more planning (eating) rather than going to bed early, my performance possibly could have been better.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/16

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1pugDBKyAs"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

NIN - March of The Pigs

Lat Pulldowns (Wide)

140x12
144.5x12
149x12
160x10
164.5x10
164.5x10

+ 15.5 lbs

Seated Rows

94.5x10
94.5x10
94.5x10
94.5x8
94.5x8
94.5x8

+ 2 reps at 94.5

Weighted Ab Crunch

35x20
35x18
35x15
35x15

Mind and Muscle connection? Not sure... another good workout with surprising strength increases today. I honestly feel as though I perform better as a whole on a lower carb diet as opposed to a carb centered diet. For whatever reason it always appears that I'm quicker to stagnate with gains for prolonged periods of time while consuming carbs. With minimal carbs there are what I like to call "power surges" where inspite of dieting, I'll go only a few weeks where I'll maintain status quo and then out of nowhere I'm gaining again... come to think of it, I may have explained some of this in an earlier post. For more on these theories please ask, otherwise I'll spare ya'll tha tangent.

So this "power surge" so to speak may be happening at present. Interesting enough, it also leads on tha heels of Glucosamine supplementation. I really have yet to discredit any of it's claims and have been dosing at 6 grams for several days now ( 2, 1, 2, 1 ). Everything else pretty much has stayed consistant except for a recent (too recent IMO) change in 'T-Booster' products... As far as Xtreme betas go, I'm sure they've aided in recovery via sleep, perhaps some endurance and vascularity but I wouldn't bank any steller workouts solely on these (which isn't their intent).

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
6/17

Paul Oakenfold - This Is Trance

132x15
146x15
160x12
174x11
174x9
174x9
174x8
160x10
160x9

+ 1 set at 174

Standing Military

54x12
54x12
54x14
68x9
68x9
68x8
68x8

Flys

40x12
46x12
52x8
52x6

+ 3 reps at 52
+ 1 set at 52

In case you haven't noticed, I've been doing quite a bit with tha machine press. This is mostly due to tha fact that my father has been tearing down our home gym equipment little by little as he continues to move into his new digs. Tha house is basically sold pending an agreement with tha buyer to work out some closing costs. Very soon this will be tore down as well and at this point it's a toss up as to it's new locale and how long it'll be until functional again. Time is drawing near... Considering I have no other methods in which to simulate a bench press, I feel I have to do what I can as quickly as recovery allows.

Also, I've been purposely omitting direct bicep work as well due to laying into tha weight too much with my shoulder and slightly tweaking my left anterior delt... it's been slowly improving. Cissus has been added back into tha fold just today.