TO IS GONE!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
ee. Nobody was happier when Hugh Douglas came to the Eagles from the Jets. I love his easy going style and the way he and McNabb used to joke around. But , that was four years ago. McNabb is not as funny as he used to be.. the more you have $15m a year) the more you have to lose. so I understand why Donovan did not support TO's bid for more money( i.e. offer to renogtiate ala Tom"3rings" Brady).I think that ESPN did a major hatchet job on Owens...the locker room report came from espn...They baited him (and the Eagles) and they took it...It reads like a script. I just can't believe that The Eagles fell for it.
..Akers best kicker in the league!!!(... that doesn't have a superbowl ring)
Brady was an extention before free agency. And the Pats had to cut salary ... Ty Law plays for whom? Also didn`t they cut and then resign Troy Brown for less money... I guess it`s only when the Eagles do this they are being cheap.

Think about it this man who with his skill and talent would be the very first pick in almost any draft. But he was available to ALL 31 teams to trade for.
Did anyone offer a 1st round NO!
Only 2 teams even bid on him WHY?

Before you think I want to take long showers into the wee hours of the morning with the Birds let me say this... No one is as
critical of Andy (3 wasted 1st rd and 2nds) Reid. And why wasn`t BWes on the field for the 3rd and 4th down at the end of the game Sun. Also why no fake spike play in voluminous playbook? USC has one!
Also Donovan why weren`t you on the sidelines with your coach after the timeout before 4th down talking about which play to call. Andy can`t hear you through your headphone.

But in this situation the Eagles are absolutely and positivily RIGHT!

If you think the Eagles don`t know what happened and just get their facts from ESPN we should just change the name to the Village Idiots.

It was the players that got MeO kicked. Had TO not leaked the story it would not have come out.

ESPN was wrong. As was my speculation above!

It started on the Angelo Cataldi show in the morning drive on WIP and ended at the Novacare complex! (Angelo is the one responsible for busing and beering his band of hooligans called the "Dirty Thirty" to the draft at which they booed Donovan McNabb) The call-ins turned to "If TO was faking his injury" Douglas defended TO! But only TO is misunderstood RIGHT?

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the more this story rolls the more I realize how the owners and media rule this league like a mafia,wth the players as puppets and public as paying cows.
eagle fans, you admit your team is ****, TO is the best player and maybe the best person (no criminal records like other folks, goes all out for the team, I'm sick and tired of hearing this no I in team cliche) so instead of burning andi ried at the stake you burn TO. WTF.

me as a fan, I want to see TO and **** what the owners think. that is the deal in sports isnt it? we want to see the best competitors and he is the best and yes this is a team sport and a team is comprised of many individuals, who should help each other and not bitch and moan and manipulate. so owens is guilty as everybody but because everybody had a bias as seeing him as the bad guy he is the scape goat now.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
well this thread is going no where anytime soon..

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
TO the last hope for an american way of life

the more this story rolls the more I realize how the owners and media rule this league like a mafia,wth the players as puppets and public as paying cows.
eagle fans, you admit your team is ****, TO is the best player and maybe the best person (no criminal records like other folks, goes all out for the team, I'm sick and tired of hearing this no I in team cliche) so instead of burning andi ried at the stake you burn TO. WTF.

me as a fan, I want to see TO and **** what the owners think. that is the deal in sports isnt it? we want to see the best competitors and he is the best and yes this is a team sport and a team is comprised of many individuals, who should help each other and not bitch and moan and manipulate. so owens is guilty as everybody but because everybody had a bias as seeing him as the bad guy he is the scape goat now.
Yeah, I have been trying to avoid the cold harsh reality that mean old white guys run the planet. I prefer to distract myself from this fact by training really hard during the week and watching football on the weekends. Now the FDA is stealing my supplement rights and the NFL is so parity bound,that each team has a one star structure . Football is the ultimate team sport as anybody that has played it can tell you. There is no way any player can be a star without the help of his teamates.However no player can be a star without helping his teamates It is directly proportional.Owens was just one piece of an 11 piece puzzle. He was the shiniest piece.He was the main attraction from day one.Donovan used to be the main man, now that had to bother his ego at least a little.He couldn't be a NFL qb without an ego_Owens also refused to be humble and that pisses off the king. Why would I take the side of a millionare athlete in a contract dispute? Simply compare him to the billionare owners.You know everyone of the Eagles players save Mcnabb, were rooting for TO to get his money,because they know he had the best chance to stick it to the man.This country gives us the freedom of speech.This does not apply to the NFL.We all work with somebody who thinks he deserves more money.We don't take offense just because he keeps asking until he gets it. The story of Terrell Owens goes a lot deeper than football. ESPN payus the NFL billions of dollars to show its games and highlights,So they can hype or bury any story they chooseas long as people keep watch the commercials in between.The opinions expressed on ESPN are directly from the league and the owners.The main message they send is don't rock the boat, just shut up and go to work.Do what we say or your fired.Now go buy some beer drive your monster truck and get your girlfriend pregnant....are you ready for some football????:drunk:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this story is good for the NFL, I don't think anyone likes the NFL (or ESPN) less - just Owens.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
this story is good for the NFL, I don't think anyone likes the NFL (or ESPN) less - just Owens.
...and that is the perfect ending for this story. Just the way the WWF...er..I mean the NFL scripted it! The bad narcissist stared at his image too long and drowned in the river.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Whatever Team Owens is on @ Philly, coming to MNF in 2006

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
sadly, only the disater in New Orleans rivaled the Owens saga in the past 3 months.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
The media and the next team who manages Owens better are the winners here. The NFL management, the Eagles, Owens and the fans aren't benefiting. Other teams in the NFC aren't sorry to see him gone for a while.

IMO,Owens is an ahole, but the Eagles should have managed him better,they knew what they were getting when they took him. The NBA could tolerate Rodman, the NFL should be able to manage TO.

I don't know why they would sign a 31/32 year old to a huge seven year contract anyway, he ain't no Jerry Rice, but I don't know the terms.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
The media and the next team who manages Owens better are the winners here. The NFL management, the Eagles, Owens and the fans aren't benefiting. Other teams in the NFC aren't sorry to see him gone for a while.

IMO,Owens is an ahole, but the Eagles should have managed him better,they knew what they were getting when they took him. The NBA could tolerate Rodman, the NFL should be able to manage TO.

I don't know why they would sign a 31/32 year old to a huge seven year contract anyway, he ain't no Jerry Rice, but I don't know the terms.
The media concensus is that TO was undermining Mcnabb's ability to be team leader.I think that if Mcnabb would have laughed the whole thing off..Maybe say something like"... that TO he's so crazy..he'll say anything to get on TV..what do I care? I make 5 times as much money as he does hahaha.." The Eagles would be in a stronger position. The way it went down it seems like " BigDaddy" Reid had to step in to save "baby" Mcnabb's feelings.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what can you say about the game today... suddenly westbrook starts to run... I guess reid had to make owens look bad by having the team play better... no other reason to run so much because they havent run all year..

good thing the eagles are better without TO. better losers. he wouldnt have dropped the two passes on the last drive to the FG attempt.

I wonder if mcnab would own up and take responsibility for the loss. now that owens is gone maybe he can do it, the big baby.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I seriously wonder how much crack you are smoking when you post like this.

I guess you haven't watched Donovan take the blame before, something TO would never do.

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LMFAO!!!:rofl:

Personally I'm glad the Eagles lost because like someone said, the NBA can manage Rodman and win how many straight Titles? Why can't the NFL manage TO? I'm going to be a fan of whichever team TO goes to next season...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established

I guess you haven't watched Donovan take the blame before, something TO would never do.
let me guess phliy is your team? only phliy fans will respond like this.

when did donovan own up? anyway reagrdless of big baby donovan or big mouth TO, andi ried has cooked the 4-5 stew they now sit in. you elegantly ignored that one.

We have been saying it since week 4: the eagles MUST have a running game. they didn't and BTW that's one of the reasons mcnabb was clocked so many times.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow...

After 4 years of domination now you come out of the woodwork don't you. I am sure you were saying all those things last year.

When did Donovan own up? Plenty of times when he did the exact same thing he did last night. Oh I guess you don't remember Rhonde Barber do you? Keep smoking that pipe.

And who is "we"? Yeah I guess with all your expertise you know better than Andy Reid. Of course their running game needs to improve and every week he will tell you that HIMSELF.

And how did I "elegantly" ignore their record? I have already stated that this year is a wash before the Dallas game AND Washington game so maybe you better listen up a little more next time.

So as much as you want to bash a team that is down (shows great character) I have already accepted the fact that they are tired, run game or not and when playoff time comes I will be on the links not worrying about it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
let me guess phliy is your team? only phliy fans will respond like this.
Yeah, when someone accuses a head coach of altering a game strategy to make one suspended player look bad, we call that person a crackhead. I am sure other fans would as well but that just my opinion....your friendly neighborhood PHILLY fan.

Maybe you should look at how many points they were down in half those games the first 2 quarters then ask yourself why he doens't run the ball as much as he did last night.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I never had anything for or against the birds until this TO thing, which got me thinking, and the fact that I have westbrook in my fantasy team and he's been subpar...

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Maybe you should look at how many points they were down in half those games the first 2 quarters then ask yourself why he doens't run the ball as much as he did last night.
good teams mix even when down.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh god give me a break. His offense is based off a 60/40- pass run and anyone who has watched them the last 5 years knows this.

Were you stating the same thing last year when they went to the Super Bowl WITHOUT TO?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
good teams mix even when down.
Yeah maybe we should tell that to the Patriots right now right? I mean they did win 2 Superbowls with a pass oriented offense before Dillon came into the picture. I could see you telling Bill Walsh he should run more.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
pass oriented<>32nd in the league
yeah, I thought about the patriots too. they are indeed a strange team but they have more playmakers and guts than any team this milenium. and dont compare this year's eagles to the pats of yestryears.. they were a special team.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
pass oriented<>32nd in the league
yeah, I thought about the patriots too. they are indeed a strange team but they have more playmakers and guts than any team this milenium. and dont compare this year's eagles to the pats of yestryears.. they were a special team.
32nd in the league in what? They are 1st in the NFL in passing, 31st in rushing.

Your Pats are 2nd in passing and 29th in rushing.

One is 5-4 and the other is 4-5.

There is your comparison genius. Maybe next time you should look a bit closer.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
TO is sitting back and having a nice big laugh after Monday night's performance. Especially at the expense of McNabb's interception for a TD to lose the game after being up by 13 points with 3 minutes remaining.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, I'm sure he's just laughing about the whole situation including him losing money.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, when someone accuses a head coach of altering a game strategy to make one suspended player look bad, we call that person a crackhead. I am sure other fans would as well but that just my opinion.... :box: your friendly neighborhood PHILLY fan.

E-A-G-L-E-S!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
TO is sitting back and having a nice big laugh after Monday night's performance. Especially at the expense of McNabb's interception for a TD to lose the game after being up by 13 points with 3 minutes remaining.

He can laugh... maybe he has another house to sell besides the 2. Heard he needs the money.:lol: Should have kept the ring... probably worth $100,000 now.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Both in Atlanta and Moorestown... Does the term Tysonesque mean anything?

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
BOBO I meant eagles were 32nd in the league in rushing. that's not pass oriented, that's just rush-vasoctomized.

I could go on about all superball winners who had a rushing game or at least a big threat.
but I wish to argue no longer and PS I don't care abot the Pats, I am a Bills/Lions fan (yeah, I know)

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
A New Era arrives

It's time to forget about Mcnabb and Terrell Owens. The new Eagles feature the "Rutgers Connection", Mike Mcmahon to LJ Smith.Kudos to the State University of New Jersey for stacking the league with it's former players!!! I pity the Giants!

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
For those who criticize the running game of a West Coast offense team, think before you criticize. In the West Coast offense, RB's and FB's get tons of "long hand offs" or swing passes, this is a part of the runnig game, it gets the RB or FB in the flat 1 on 1 with the OLB if the corners are man to man. If the RB or FB break one tackle, they gain 10 yards before the safety comes up to tackle them, or the corner if the receiver isn't blocking him. These plays are basically fast developing sweeps which are counted as passing yards. Roger Craig got his 1,000 yards reciving this way with the 49ers, Westbrook is real good at this but these yards will never count as rushing yards so he may be dogged in the media but it's a little unfair, Ricky Watters made a living doing this. Watters only had one 1,000 yard rushing season with the 49ers, many others were great at this.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm sure he's just laughing about the whole situation including him losing money.
Yeah ok. TO really cares about the money. How shallow do you think the guy is Bobo? It's obvious the guy plays for the love of the game.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
It's time to forget about Mcnabb and Terrell Owens. The new Eagles feature the "Rutgers Connection", Mike Mcmahon to LJ Smith.Kudos to the State University of New Jersey for stacking the league with it's former players!!! I pity the Giants!
This is funny.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah ok. TO really cares about the money. How shallow do you think the guy is Bobo? It's obvious the guy plays for the love of the game.
''

Yeah, What was I thinking.

:lol:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those who criticize the running game of a West Coast offense team, think before you criticize. In the West Coast offense, RB's and FB's get tons of "long hand offs" or swing passes, this is a part of the runnig game, it gets the RB or FB in the flat 1 on 1 with the OLB if the corners are man to man. If the RB or FB break one tackle, they gain 10 yards before the safety comes up to tackle them, or the corner if the receiver isn't blocking him. These plays are basically fast developing sweeps which are counted as passing yards. Roger Craig got his 1,000 yards reciving this way with the 49ers, Westbrook is real good at this but these yards will never count as rushing yards so he may be dogged in the media but it's a little unfair, Ricky Watters made a living doing this. Watters only had one 1,000 yard rushing season with the 49ers, many others were great at this.
I was going to explain this but I ran out of energy. :)

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
WRT to west coast offence:
westbrook is under utilized this year
I agree with you that the stats do lie

He leads the NFL in yards per touch. the guy should have 30 touches a night.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
LMAO football isn't even his favorite sport, he's always clearly said he'd rather be in the NBA but just plays football because he's good at it. If TO could get a contract with an NBA team 10 minutes from now he'd have a press conference the same day where he'd put down the NFL and tell us which teammates he thinks are gay.

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LMAO he even look slike Dennis Rodman. I bet he can grab 15 boards a game.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
LMAO he even look slike Dennis Rodman. I bet he can grab 15 boards a game.
...and maybe if Mcnabb could play like Jordan and Reid could coach like Jackson the Eagles could get the trophy(Vince Lombardi not Larry Obrien):toofunny: