TO IS GONE!

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Yo AR... ESPNs report came from TOs camp... think Irvin.:blink:

Hugh was on WIP and said no punches were thrown, along with others backing that up. It`s hard to believe that TO would tell the truth...

What a waste.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BTW, I just want to make sure that this all light-hearted banter from me to you, nothing too serious, I'm just having some fun.
I'm sure as hell having fun with it myself :cool:

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
dark forces at work

do you think Michael Irvin is behind all of this?Somehow getting TO's confidence,then making him do erratic things( irvins jersey after cowboy loss,the brett favre thing)Ultimately to return the Cowboys to glory...or maybe ESPN with their general anti-philly protocol. Did they make the whole thing up? Do I sound paranoid. I am desperate. What is going on? Help!....is it an illusion that Mcnabb looks much better when he's throwing to Owens?...was he serious when he said it is better to "lose together"..better than what? Should I be posting TO in the "saddest waste of talent thread?

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
All appologies

Does anyone think that an appology would fix this? No appologies please!!!...there are no appologies in football....of course if the Eagles straighten this thing out and win the Super bowl I will appologize to all the of the pro-appology people...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I'm coming in a little late, but it took the Eagles this long to bench TO? And why hasn't Banner just rid this guy of his team?

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
BTW, I just want to make sure that this all light-hearted banter from me to you, nothing too serious, I'm just having some fun.
You made me laugh. I'm having plenty of fun ;)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Does anyone think that an appology would fix this? No appologies please!!!...there are no appologies in football....of course if the Eagles straighten this thing out and win the Super bowl I will appologize to all the of the pro-appology people...
Fix what? Their problems are more than TO. In fact that is probably the least of their problems. Their defense isn't as good as last year. Their offense even WITH TO isn't the same. The whole TEAM isn't the same and I honestly think they are mentally and physically exausted. TO just makes that worse. I'm not worried because they have the talent, they have the coaching but they just are tired. I tihnk the same thing is happening to the Patriots. Hell they won the Superbowl 5 years ago then didn't make the playoffs the next year. It happens. They dominated the division for 5 years. They are going to have an off year but unlike many teams the Eagles aren't declining because of age or the lose of personnel. They will be back on top. Its just a matter of time.

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
and now he's done for the season. the eagles suspended him for 4 games and he wont rejoin the team at the end of his suspension. interested in seeing where he goes in the off season, if anywhere.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
I thought the Eagles wide-outs performed well in the game last night. Bobo got it right... the Eagles have a lot of problems to address, not just TO. I think they will struggle to finish out this season but I don't think its the end of the run for them; even if they miss the playoffs this year, I think they'll be back as one of the top contenders next season.

BTW - Sean Salisbury actually said that he feels Jake Plummer ought to get MVP consideration if he continues to play as he has. I don't care to agree, just because I can think of several others I'd put ahead of him, but the idea isn't laughable... unless you expect Jake to go back to form and start tossing picks again.

As for corners, I think Champ was clearly over-hyped, both on draft day and when he came to Denver. By comparison, the Panthers, for example, have a few good corners... including Gamble and Lucas... whom I wouldn't trade for Bailey.

And Bobo, I certainly remember Darrell Green. He was an absolutely terrific player to watch. One of my all-time favorite NFL players.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
Fix what? Their problems are more than TO. In fact that is probably the least of their problems. Their defense isn't as good as last year. Their offense even WITH TO isn't the same. The whole TEAM isn't the same and I honestly think they are mentally and physically exausted. TO just makes that worse. I'm not worried because they have the talent, they have the coaching but they just are tired. I tihnk the same thing is happening to the Patriots. Hell they won the Superbowl 5 years ago then didn't make the playoffs the next year. It happens. They dominated the division for 5 years. They are going to have an off year but unlike many teams the Eagles aren't declining because of age or the lose of personnel. They will be back on top. Its just a matter of time.

Hmmmm.....May have to disagree there, Eagles are declining while a certain other team is gaining ground. We may not be the best team in the NFC East, but Eli and Co are gonna be a handful quite soon. As soon as we can figure out how to defend the pass:frustrate

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Declining? Don't think so. They are relatively young on both sides of the ball.

Now as much as you WANT to believe they are because your G-men have been god awful for the last couple years and you actually see some light at the end of that dark and dreary tunnel, its not happening.

I don't think the Giants are anything special at all. You have 3 teams in the division that have EXTREMELY soft schedules. Look who you have played. New Orleans, San Fran, Arizona, and next week you have Minnesota?

Compare that to Denver away, Kansas City away, Dallas Away, Atlanta away. Its not even close.

The scedule is a bit tougher for the NFC Champs than it is for a team that went 6-10 last year.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
MVP is Tomlinson, no one is even close

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
:think:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
touchdowns... LT, and his role on the Chargers

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
touchdowns... LT, and his role on the Chargers
Alexander has more rushing TDs than LT.
Alexander has played less games
Alexander has more rushing yards
Alexander has LESS carries
Alexander has 5.4 AVERAGE per carry - 1.1 yards more than LT
Alexander has over Twice the ammount of BIG PLAYS

The Seahawks have... Alexander

The Chargers have Gates and LT.

LT has more passing touchdowns
LT has more recieving touchdowns

Alexander is much more valuable to his team. He is the Most Valuable Player

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
okay settle down, Jesus, we'll see how it plays out.
i guess if the mods agree with you than you're right

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
do you think Michael Irvin is behind all of this?Somehow getting TO's confidence,then making him do erratic things( irvins jersey after cowboy loss,the brett favre thing)Ultimately to return the Cowboys to glory...or maybe ESPN with their general anti-philly protocol. Did they make the whole thing up? Do I sound paranoid. I am desperate. What is going on? Help!....is it an illusion that Mcnabb looks much better when he's throwing to Owens?...was he serious when he said it is better to "lose together"..better than what? Should I be posting TO in the "saddest waste of talent thread?
Sir please step away from the bridge! J/K

He has done everything in his power to get out of Philly and now has...

Irvin is using this to further his career
just as TO is using him...

I could go on about all the stuff that has been said, done or rumored said , done. But there is no point.

The Birds made a deal with the Devil and got burnt... MeO is gone, story over.

And for all those they say the Birds don`t pay there PEEPS...

Akers got his injury and all!!!!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
i'll admit that I'm surprised how many TDs Alexander has... So I'll take it back - LT (in my eyes) is the MVP, but not by far. I'm going to predict that whichever team has the better record - their RB will get the MVP

edit: I'll say this because Tomlinson is involved in the passing game quite a bit. But Alexander is the most underrated back in the league. Even though he plays a softer schedule which includes the cardinals and texans once.

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
To answer the earlier question, no, you do not have to be statistically at the top in your position to win the MVP. While statistics certainly play into it, being the top RB in rushing yards or TDs or QB in rating or whatever is not the criteria for the award.

That said, I believe you can make an argument for both LT and Alexander. Between those two, at this point in the season, I would give Alexander the nod.

Frankly, I think Steve Smith deserves a good look for MVP.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Yep Smith certainly does, but you got be so dominant at wideout to actaully win... Smith has been great but I feel he'll get overlooked if the panthers aren't the #1 seed

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
and now he's done for the season. the eagles suspended him for 4 games and he wont rejoin the team at the end of his suspension. interested in seeing where he goes in the off season, if anywhere.
Be careful what you pray for!

After Carolina beat the Birds all people wanted to talk about was TO is a free agent... look how that turned out... Don`t think Vick will hold up under the bus like D Mc. Vicks alot smaller:ntome:

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
player of the year = best player at your position
MVP = Most Valuable player [to your team]

i think i have that right...

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
TO is the best wideout in football i didnt think this before the season started but i have to agree his style is no fear when it comes to catching the ball...too bad his big ass mouth is gonna most likely make him end up with a quaterback like Trent Dilfer lol lol

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
Today on Jim Rome's radio program he interviewed Joe Montana. One of the questions he posed was something along the lines of, "Joe, what would you do if TO was on your team?" Montana reply was, "Whenever he was open, I'd give him a nod, and then throw it to someone else."

LOL

Before anyone starts to talk about how that wouldn't be smart or blah blah blah... the point was that Montana doesn't think very much of TO and I like the way he put it.

:toofunny:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Today on Jim Rome's radio program he interviewed Joe Montana. One of the questions he posed was something along the lines of, "Joe, what would you do if TO was on your team?" Montana reply was, "Whenever he was open, I'd give him a nod, and then throw it to someone else."

LOL

Before anyone starts to talk about how that wouldn't be smart or blah blah blah... the point was that Montana doesn't think very much of TO and I like the way he put it.

:toofunny:

Classic!

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is great.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If keeping TO could make Lito Sheppard and Michael Lewis actually tackle and/or cover someone, then I say keep him...

:lol:

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Hmmmm.....May have to disagree there, Eagles are declining while a certain other team is gaining ground. We may not be the best team in the NFC East, but Eli and Co are gonna be a handful quite soon. As soon as we can figure out how to defend the pass:frustrate
They'll stick around as long as McNabb remains healthy. LJ is young, Westbrook is young, Brown, Lewis, & Pinkston are young. Their defense isn't old either but they definitely need to play better this season if they plan on doing some damage. They may need to retool their O-Line but that's it.

Eli & Co will be good in due time. Every good team that builds through the draft goes through its initial lumps. Even the Cowboys had a hell of a time before they won 3 Super Bowls in 4 years.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
TO called the cops on some fans that were at his house tonight!:wave:

What no situps in the driveway?

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
T.O. is the anti-christ

Well, What is done is done. However my personal obsession with extrordinary people will not let me rest. What is the probablity that Terrell (with great talent comes great expectations) Owens is always wrong and completely evil. While Andy( are we supposed to score during the two-minute drill? ) Reid, Hugh( not really good enough to be in the NFL anymore ) Douglas, Donovan ( which one is the hot receiver? ) McNabb and The ( 0-40 at winning the Superbowl, so we must be doing something right ) Eagles can always be correct and full of goodness??? It does not add up!

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established

haha you philly cats would bust him up... I don't think they were T.O. fans :) maybe Eagle fans... The saga continues

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
isn't his house in Jersey?

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
If keeping TO could make Lito Sheppard and Michael Lewis actually tackle and/or cover someone, then I say keep him...

:lol:
How did T.O. make Michael Lewis forget how to play football ?... pure evil, thats how! The same way he disguised the Redskins zone on the last play..diabolical.... Mrs Mcnabb can Chunky soup help your son make the right read?

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established

**** EE, he may never work out in Philly knowing how the Philly fan base can be and he'll have some big time security around him next time he plays there just to grab even more attention

LuckyBoy

Awards
  • Established
i thought his house was in atl? anyways, the falcons would never sign him. the owner has a system for drafting and signing free agents called "the falcon filter" which looks at character and team work first. thats the main reason plaxico ended up in ny and not atl :mad:

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Jim Mora has already stated "If the Falcons sign TO, I will disown my son"

:)

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
It's such a shame really, because there's no one I would rather want on my team at wideout as far as skill goes. But who can argue with Montana??? Seriously...

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
He bought a house in Moorestown N.J. near Donovan.

Sportsnite on CSN showed the 2 fans walk up and knock on his door. Next thing the cops show up! It wouldn`t be smart to do anything stupid as the street was full of media.

Also showed a Domino delivery guy deliver pizza and a women gave the guy a $5 tip. He left the tip on the door step:nutkick: And stated to the cameras " I can`t take it TO needs it to feed his family." :toofunny:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Well, What is done is done. However my personal obsession with extrordinary people will not let me rest. What is the probablity that Terrell (with great talent comes great expectations) Owens is always wrong and completely evil. While Andy( are we supposed to score during the two-minute drill? ) Reid, Hugh( not really good enough to be in the NFL anymore ) Douglas, Donovan ( which one is the hot receiver? ) McNabb and The ( 0-40 at winning the Superbowl, so we must be doing something right ) Eagles can always be correct and full of goodness??? It does not add up!
He is not the Anti-christ Bro... just a very sick person. With major issues!

If you`ve watched the Birds you already know Hugh was and always will be the class clown. The only man ever banned from riding Reid`s bus "He just won`t keep his mouth shut!"

I can see him walk into the training room FULL of players and say "I know someone in here is faking an injury!"
In a jovial manner. Which at the time was not to smart... but why would TO
of all the players take exception?

Final straw is what this is my friend, nothing else.

None of us has been in that locker room but for your whole team to be against you! Is it everybody else or just me:think:

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
To make one final point..

Akers signed a contract with the highest bonus and salary for a kicker ever yesterday.

He came on Daily Live and talked 30 seconds about the contract. Then immediatley the questions went to...
Well yo know who!

He pointed this out to the reporters "This is the greatest day of my life and all you want to talk about?" who simply went back to You guessed it!

Anyone else see Freddie Mitchell give TO his seal of approval?

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the vilainization of TO is just absurd. the guy have communication skills. its the organization (players, coach, management) fault much more than him but he will take the blame for the rest of his career.

wake up people.

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
Did you see the TO today... expected as much.

But what was interesting was a reporter asks his agent "What else have you done for TO besides getting him kicked off the team." Agent "Next question."
All the while TO is smiling and nodding then winks after the question...:duel:
(For those that are interested go here... http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...les&id=3616860

Click on David Henry at the news conference to see at 2:20 Owens smilimg and winking)

I ask you how long is this marriage gonna last?

Last edited:
spatch

spatch

Awards
  • Established
the eagles are ungreatfull sonsabitches
guess who's about their best player? owens. who played injured and risked his career in the SB? owens. who has the balls to call it like it is(andy ried sucks, no run, donovan hurt) owens. ok so his communication skills suck, but give me a fucking break and let the best players play, without him the eagles would have been 0-7. if they cut him they go 1-8 mark my words.
100% true :cheers:

judge-mental

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
eemain I answered you on the other thread.
BTW his agent is a piece of ****
if it was up to TO he would offer to play for no moneey but insurance the rest of the season to prove his desire.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
He is not the Anti-christ Bro... just a very sick person. With major issues!

If you`ve watched the Birds you already know Hugh was and always will be the class clown. The only man ever banned from riding Reid`s bus "He just won`t keep his mouth shut!"

I can see him walk into the training room FULL of players and say "I know someone in here is faking an injury!"
In a jovial manner. Which at the time was not to smart... but why would TO
of all the players take exception?

Final straw is what this is my friend, nothing else.

None of us has been in that locker room but for your whole team to be against you! Is it everybody else or just me:think:
ee. Nobody was happier when Hugh Douglas came to the Eagles from the Jets. I love his easy going style and the way he and McNabb used to joke around. But , that was four years ago. McNabb is not as funny as he used to be.. the more you have $15m a year) the more you have to lose. so I understand why Donovan did not support TO's bid for more money( i.e. offer to renogtiate ala Tom"3rings" Brady).I think that ESPN did a major hatchet job on Owens...the locker room report came from espn...They baited him (and the Eagles) and they took it...It reads like a script. I just can't believe that The Eagles fell for it.
..Akers best kicker in the league!!!(... that doesn't have a superbowl ring)

EEmain

EEmain

Awards
  • Established
eemain I answered you on the other thread.
BTW his agent is a piece of ****
if it was up to TO he would offer to play for no moneey but insurance the rest of the season to prove his desire.
Yes now that his neck is in the noose he wants to play football and be a teammate... Maybe even get the ring back he sold!