To Infinity.... and Beyond!

Joshlm69

Joshlm69

Awards
  • Established
I see youre running your test boosters / natural anabolics while running PH's. Would it not be best to save those for PCT & Post PH run to kick start your test back up?

I can see why if its to get the daily benefits from herbs like Shilijat etc though, just thought you'd save those for after myself

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Most of what without steroids?
I answered the question he asked at the end of his quote.

If you diet without steroids, as a seasoned lifter you will lose most of the newly acquired lean body mass as you take weight back off. We know this from the top natural bodybuilders. They go up and down 40lbs for 1-2lbs of stage weight if they are lucky, and they are absolute genetic studs typically.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

If you diet without steroids, as a seasoned lifter you will lose most of the newly acquired lean body mass as you take weight back off. We know this from the top natural bodybuilders. They go up and down 40lbs for 1-2lbs of stage weight if they are lucky, and they are absolute genetic studs typically.
Ohhhh, gotcha.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Most of it, without steroids. That’s what nobody wants to talk about.
What brand shirt does that?
I wish Grind just had less of the tough guy imagery.
I'm very simple and I wear my gym shirts until they stink horribly or I wear holes into them. So I grab the most simplistic Grind shirts because the price is good, doesn't show yellow'd out pit stains and the fit is awesome. it seems to me like all t shirts are about $25. I used to get some great ones at Buckle. I'd wear them as regular like go out with the wife t shirts until they weren't nice anymore, then they go in the gym rotation. But the grind ones are my favorites.

I see youre running your test boosters / natural anabolics while running PH's. Would it not be best to save those for PCT & Post PH run to kick start your test back up?

I can see why if its to get the daily benefits from herbs like Shilijat etc though, just thought you'd save those for after myself
in the past two years I have only played with dermacrine, xpg dhea, xpg epiandro, ultra hard, and ultra epi. So that's mostly epiandrosterone, some androsterone, dhea, and preg. I have only seen concerning sides from the dermacrine (preg I believe, not the dhea), and light hair shedding during other epiandrosterone runs.

the itchy nips only seem to come when I try to incorporate the dermacrine, but alpha gel fixes it in like 2 days.
the hair shedding only seems to come from very prolonged runs on the ultra hard, which I associate probably more with the androsterone <-- which is unfortunate because the androsterone probably gets me high more than any of the other compounds. really a huge mood booster for me.

So I don't really mind running various things in conjunction, plus I have historically (for better or worse) started my natty boosters up in the last half of the epi runs and then kep them going. I have enough anabolic effect, optimize t, alpha gel, macca, tribulus, etc to last well well after this epi run ends lol.

I think the evidence of how much lean mass I lost during my jan/feb cut is clear in judging by how my scale is moving upwards quite swiftly this month with increased lifting frequency and bringing back the epi. I'm not gaining 6lbs of fat in 2 weeks, but I'm rebuilding the lean mass I had lost.

The only way I'm going to be remotely successful in maintaining some of this new mass while getting slightly leaner, is going to be super intelligent nutrition and a LOT of smart LISS. and like you said, I'm still not going to end up at 10% bodyfat with 10 more lbs of lean mass than I did historically.

the upside to carrying more lean mass though is that 16% looks like 14% did and so on... 12% might feel and look as good as 10% did. my shoulders and lats are far larger which definitely gives the illusion of a narrower waist...

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'm very simple and I wear my gym shirts until they stink horribly or I wear holes into them. So I grab the most simplistic Grind shirts because the price is good, doesn't show yellow'd out pit stains and the fit is awesome. it seems to me like all t shirts are about $25. I used to get some great ones at Buckle. I'd wear them as regular like go out with the wife t shirts until they weren't nice anymore, then they go in the gym rotation. But the grind ones are my favorites.

in the past two years I have only played with dermacrine, xpg dhea, xpg epiandro, ultra hard, and ultra epi. So that's mostly epiandrosterone, some androsterone, dhea, and preg. I have only seen concerning sides from the dermacrine (preg I believe, not the dhea), and light hair shedding during other epiandrosterone runs.

the itchy nips only seem to come when I try to incorporate the dermacrine, but alpha gel fixes it in like 2 days.
the hair shedding only seems to come from very prolonged runs on the ultra hard, which I associate probably more with the androsterone <-- which is unfortunate because the androsterone probably gets me high more than any of the other compounds. really a huge mood booster for me.

So I don't really mind running various things in conjunction, plus I have historically (for better or worse) started my natty boosters up in the last half of the epi runs and then kep them going. I have enough anabolic effect, optimize t, alpha gel, macca, tribulus, etc to last well well after this epi run ends lol.

I think the evidence of how much lean mass I lost during my jan/feb cut is clear in judging by how my scale is moving upwards quite swiftly this month with increased lifting frequency and bringing back the epi. I'm not gaining 6lbs of fat in 2 weeks, but I'm rebuilding the lean mass I had lost.

The only way I'm going to be remotely successful in maintaining some of this new mass while getting slightly leaner, is going to be super intelligent nutrition and a LOT of smart LISS. and like you said, I'm still not going to end up at 10% bodyfat with 10 more lbs of lean mass than I did historically.

the upside to carrying more lean mass though is that 16% looks like 14% did and so on... 12% might feel and look as good as 10% did. my shoulders and lats are far larger which definitely gives the illusion of a narrower waist...
I wonder how big I need to get my shoulders to make my 38” waist look narrow…lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Deads
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225, 275
1 x 315, 335, 355

2" deficit
3 x 5 x 225

Hang power cleans
10 x 95, 135

Hang power clean + press
3 x 8 x 135

Seated DB concentration curls
5 x 10 x 25s

Db hammer curls
3 x 10

SS with EZ bar curls
3 x 10

Kleen swings
2 x 15

Notes
Lightweight beltless practice day. + #pumps4yoga

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Deads
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225, 275
1 x 315, 335, 355

2" deficit
3 x 5 x 225

Hang power cleans
10 x 95, 135

Hang power clean + press
3 x 8 x 135

Seated DB concentration curls
5 x 10 x 25s

Db hammer curls
3 x 10

SS with EZ bar curls
3 x 10

Kleen swings
2 x 15

Notes
Lightweight beltless practice day. + #pumps4yoga
Are you still doing 2 on 1 off?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Are you still doing 2 on 1 off?
to the best of my scheduling ability but also sorta trying to improve my habit and conditioning after a couple months of erratic training sessions. this past week for instance was:

Saturday - great session
Sunday - wife day
monday - pulls
tuesday - press
weds - liss cardio
thursday - pulls
friday - uncertain, did not think I was going to lift but now my friday schedule is looking better.
saturday - wife day
sunday - travel day with son. TRYING to talk him into a bench only session on our way to the airport...

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yeah got the deficit dead’s in there! Looks like a fun and great session.

Are you going to do a run of the prime SNS is going to release here soon? Thinking I’m going to give that a whirlly loo

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Are you going to do a run of the prime SNS is going to release here soon? Thinking I’m going to give that a whirlly loo
ohhh I'm not familiar with that, what is it?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Looks like
Jan 1 = 290 bench
Jan 30 = 285 bench

so todays 280 is knocking on the door of my 2024 highs which feels pretty good (with 300 last year being my all time best). I think I've stopped the bleeding, so I'm quite happy with that.

unracking 315 today though felt CRAZY heavy compared to 305.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ohhh I'm not familiar with that, what is it?
I can’t remember exactly what it is Tribulus aquaticus, I think. If you look in the “what would you like to see from SNS thread he talks about the release coming up soon.
Looks like a great little bench session, still holding on to it too!

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
90minutes later and I'm feeling pretty recovered. but in the moment, my conditioning for heavy deads just isn't feeling there right now. Nothing wrecks me more than deads these days but they are sure are fun.

I like that idea. I'll have to work into them to protect the feet and achilles a bit, but generally sprints should be a good fit for me. probably wouldn't hurt to throw in light power snatch work and kettlebell work I'm thinking.

I agree 100% on the jumps. I honestly would not program them in for athletes over 40 when I owned my gym I've seen so many blown out achilles and it's 99% of the time athletes over about age 35-40. I feel 16 most of the time, but I'm also aware of the bad injuries I simply do not have time for!
I do jumps and sprints sporadically and find both difficult to recover from but mainly because of my Grammy right leg.

I have found jumping at sub-maximal intensity is a great way to warm up for heavy deads.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Grind Athletics!! their shirts fit perfect for this!

In theory, if I'm 196lbs today and 16% BF, then a very perfect cut to 10% would have me around 184.25lbs. That would be probably 8-10lbs heavier than previous years at that bf. Which is a great accomplishment. but in reality, I doubt that getting to 10% would be anywhere near that perfect in terms of keeping lean mass.

honestly I actually have no idea what an average expectation is in terms of lean mass lost during a smart cut.
Well my guess is that is around where you would be with a sound dietary strategy. Of course I mean fed, like not after a 60 hour fast to get there.
My problem is, when I find a shirt that makes my shoulders/chest look good, it also shows my spare tire. Can't win!

But I feel you @Dustin07, it's the lifters dilemma. Get big and bulky, or get shredded and small. It's the constant struggle!
I get the visible hang over from the back super fast as soon as I start to gain weight back. It's a curse...
What brand shirt does that?
Honestly for me the Hanes V-Necks are perfect, they show my shoulders, and chest nicely without making my torso look like it is wearing a tent. However I was really referring to just buying a medium or large instead of the large or XL that got too loose when you got leaner. Interestingly enough I had to move up to XXL in the haynes at about 215 so if you wanted a snug shoulder, arm and chest fit either an XL or XXL for you. I haven't seen your physique so I don't know which.
The Hanes V-Necks are great cheaper option for workouts, I get a big pack of them off of amazon in black, they fit snug on arms chest, and shoulders while having a nice hang over the waist without looking like a tent. I actually wear them around just about anywhere I am not dressed up to go out because they are comfortable and have a nice cut to them. Plus the V neck is big enough to see the top of your chest which when developed is quite impressive to see sticking out of a v-neck. Look bad ass at the gym with a pump. :)

I think you were just relatively depleted man. Once you started feeding again you just filled back out with carbs you didn't lose much muscle you just let some water out of the water balloon and have filled it back up.
I wonder how big I need to get my shoulders to make my 38” waist look narrow…lol
I will let you know if I ever get there...

Oh yeah, I loved USP Labs Prime, run at a double dose that stuff really did work well. Great natty product, I credit it for a lot of the muscle I was able to retain during my first prep for my natty show. If Steve brought it back it is definitely worth a run or two, but I do recommend spending the money to run at a higher dose. I was a rep for USP Labs back then and it definitely worked better at higher doses.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You’re still 38” waist as lean as you’ve gotten?
Oh honestly I haven't measured my actual waist line, my guess would be 36-37 around the navel, but my 33 inch jeans still fit fine other than being very snug on my legs. I was just saying I would let you know if I ever got wide enough shoulders not to look wide waisted. I actually have 0 waist line, there is less than 2 finger widths space between the top of my hip bone, and my bottom rib. It is part of why my lats look so big is they insert so low because i have no waist. Luckily I have relatively narrow hips so it isn't quite so obvious but I literally have no waist. Makes wearing a lifting belt a lot of fun... NOT! I always have bruises on my ribs and hips after wearing one.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Oh honestly I haven't measured my actual waist line, my guess would be 36-37 around the navel, but my 33 inch jeans still fit fine other than being very snug on my legs. I was just saying I would let you know if I ever got wide enough shoulders not to look wide waisted. I actually have 0 waist line, there is less than 2 finger widths space between the top of my hip bone, and my bottom rib. It is part of why my lats look so big is they insert so low because i have no waist. Luckily I have relatively narrow hips so it isn't quite so obvious but I literally have no waist. Makes wearing a lifting belt a lot of fun... NOT! I always have bruises on my ribs and hips after wearing one.
I don't think my proportions are quite that level (just felt four fingers between lower rib and hip bone) but I can relate on the lifting belt. I see bruises and red marks in the mirror all the time after a hard squat or deadlift day lol. It's like a paintball session. Doesn't bother me when it's happening so I just go with it.... Badges of honor

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think my proportions are quite that level (just felt four fingers between lower rib and hip bone) but I can relate on the lifting belt. I see bruises and red marks in the mirror all the time after a hard squat or deadlift day lol. It's like a paintball session. Doesn't bother me when it's happening so I just go with it.... Badges of honor
Oh, no the belt actually hurts for me unfortunately. Sometimes enough to stop a set but normally just a really uncomfortable. That is why I use a Spuds Deadlifting belt for all of my lifting now.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well my guess is that is around where you would be with a sound dietary strategy. Of course I mean fed, like not after a 60 hour fast to get there.
I get the visible hang over from the back super fast as soon as I start to gain weight back. It's a curse...
Honestly for me the Hanes V-Necks are perfect, they show my shoulders, and chest nicely without making my torso look like it is wearing a tent. However I was really referring to just buying a medium or large instead of the large or XL that got too loose when you got leaner. Interestingly enough I had to move up to XXL in the haynes at about 215 so if you wanted a snug shoulder, arm and chest fit either an XL or XXL for you. I haven't seen your physique so I don't know which.

The Hanes V-Necks are great cheaper option for workouts, I get a big pack of them off of amazon in black, they fit snug on arms chest, and shoulders while having a nice hang over the waist without looking like a tent. I actually wear them around just about anywhere I am not dressed up to go out because they are comfortable and have a nice cut to them. Plus the V neck is big enough to see the top of your chest which when developed is quite impressive to see sticking out of a v-neck. Look bad ass at the gym with a pump. :)

I think you were just relatively depleted man. Once you started feeding again you just filled back out with carbs you didn't lose much muscle you just let some water out of the water balloon and have filled it back up.
I will let you know if I ever get there...

Oh yeah, I loved USP Labs Prime, run at a double dose that stuff really did work well. Great natty product, I credit it for a lot of the muscle I was able to retain during my first prep for my natty show. If Steve brought it back it is definitely worth a run or two, but I do recommend spending the money to run at a higher dose. I was a rep for USP Labs back then and it definitely worked better at higher doses.
Thanks for the tip I got enough to double dose for a good 60+ days then.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Back at it this week. The boy and I had our annual trip to AZ the past few days for some sunshine, pool, and go kart racing. He had to race Junior (max speed 25mph karts vs adults 45mph) unless he could hit a fast enough lap time. We had 3 races and on his last one he qualified for adult karts so if we ever go back, he's in the system as an approved adult racer now, he was pretty stoked about that.

weighed in this morning at 195.x so no weight gained over the past 4 days, lol.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Back at it this week. The boy and I had our annual trip to AZ the past few days for some sunshine, pool, and go kart racing. He had to race Junior (max speed 25mph karts vs adults 45mph) unless he could hit a fast enough lap time. We had 3 races and on his last one he qualified for adult karts so if we ever go back, he's in the system as an approved adult racer now, he was pretty stoked about that.

Sounds like an epic time! All this go kart and paintball talk has me salivating.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Our kid will be there in 6 more years. Not gonna lie the other day you had me checking out prices on paintball gear sites. It was nostalgic seeing JT and Dye and all the fun guns. It’s come a long way too!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up
Bb press, cleans, RDLs

Deads
10 x 135
2 x 5 x 225
5 x 275
3 x 315
1 x 355, 385, 415

RDLs
8 x 225 (DOH)

+ Green band
3 x 8 x 225 (Switch)

Superset with wide grip pullups
3 x 8

Front rack DB lunges
10 reps with 30s
(A little tight in the knees)

Barbell curls
3 x 10 x 70

Superset with DB curls
3 x 10

Lat pull downs
3 x 10

Notes
195.x weight
Felt pretty decent today, form is coming back for sure. Strength is still down but I'm ok with it for the moment.
IMG20240418120117.jpg

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Sounds like a great vacation! On the one hand, it'll probably be a lot of fun when my son's that age too. But I also don't want to rush it, because the good days right now with him as a little tyke are also pretty cool.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a great vacation! On the one hand, it'll probably be a lot of fun when my son's that age too. But I also don't want to rush it, because the good days right now with him as a little tyke are also pretty cool.
From the time my boy was a new born falling asleep on the couch with me I raised him on Futurama, lol
I'll never forget when he was like 4 or 5 and yelled "it's a grower not a show-er!" from that old bender quote when he cut off his antenna 😅😅 at that point I figured I was either the best dad or the worst dad but wasn't sure which lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
10 x 95, 135
3 x 165, 195, 225
1 x 245, 265, 275, 280

Slingshot
1 x 300, 300, 305
3 x 285

Raw
4 x 240 +1 assisted
12 x 185

Bb skull crushers
15 x 30, 40, 50

Superset with laterals
3 x 15 x 30s

Rear delt swings
3 x 12

Superset with cable pull downs
3 x 8-15

Weight

Just realized I haven't benched since before my AZ trip so I'm happy with this maintenance.
Also I felt that sitting there and hammering out some heavy singles was a smart move today because I'm just out of practice managing heavy weight and the 280 felt just a bit unstable unracking today.

Last edited:
Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Power cleans
10 x bar, 95
5 x 135, 155
3 x 175, 195, 205

Deads
5 x 225, 275
1 x 315, 365, 395, 415
5 x 345
10 x 225

Hang power cleans
2 x 10 x 135

Squats
5 x 135, 185, 225
(Just cause)

Leg curls
3 x 10

Leg ext
3 x 10

Notes
+10lbs from last session but it did feel heavy. Need more practice and need to bring deficits back into the diet I think.

I'd love to figure out a GPP day with focus on explosiveness. I don't like jumping, but I do like throwing in cleans for the general benefits.

Squats were more to test mobility than anything.
For some reason ive seem to have lost wrist mobility and cleans of any variation have become a pain. I can still move a fair amount of weight for a rep or two. But i miss the mid range weights for sets of 6-10. They were fantastic conditioning and explosive power moves. The clean and press is probably the one exercise I would pick if I could only do one exercise for the rest of my life.

Anyone know good wrist mobility stuff?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For some reason ive seem to have lost wrist mobility and cleans of any variation have become a pain. I can still move a fair amount of weight for a rep or two. But i miss the mid range weights for sets of 6-10. They were fantastic conditioning and explosive power moves. The clean and press is probably the one exercise I would pick if I could only do one exercise for the rest of my life.

Anyone know good wrist mobility stuff?
My first thought is forearms (stretching). I agree with you, I think cleans/clean and press would be my choice too even though bench has become a major favorite for me.

Have you tried cleans with wrist wraps on? I wear mine for basically everything these days.

Sometimes a wide grip on cleans helps gets into a more comfortable front rack position for thicker guys with less mobility too.

Resolve10

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
It’s usually not actually the wrists, that’s just where you feel it when other areas aren’t mobile enough.

Stretching the lats and triceps plus making sure you have adequate mobility in your thoracic vertebrae is going to be the most important for allowing the proper positions for a good front rack. Stretching some of the other upper back/shoulder muscles to allow increased external rotation at the shoulders should also help.

Some simple banded or PVC stretches can help with these or even some thoracic stretches on a foam roller.

After that then addressing the wrists should help. You want to have adequate wrist extension. Simply kneeling down with arms straight and fingers pointed away from you you can rock away and either do small pulses or hold a stretched position.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
My first thought is forearms (stretching). I agree with you, I think cleans/clean and press would be my choice too even though bench has become a major favorite for me.

Have you tried cleans with wrist wraps on? I wear mine for basically everything these days.

Sometimes a wide grip on cleans helps gets into a more comfortable front rack position for thicker guys with less mobility too.
Wrist wraps may help, but there is a actual flexibility issue with my right wrist. The weight on the bar at a certain point forces me into a painful ROM. I cant do really wide grips because of this. Wide grip bench hurts too. I try to keep hand positions that allow my hand wrist and elbow yo stay ligned up. Lake when your elbow forms an L
It’s usually not actually the wrists, that’s just where you feel it when other areas aren’t mobile enough.

Stretching the lats and triceps plus making sure you have adequate mobility in your thoracic vertebrae is going to be the most important for allowing the proper positions for a good front rack. Stretching some of the other upper back/shoulder muscles to allow increased external rotation at the shoulders should also help.

Some simple banded or PVC stretches can help with these or even some thoracic stretches on a foam roller.

After that then addressing the wrists should help. You want to have adequate wrist extension. Simply kneeling down with arms straight and fingers pointed away from you you can rock away and either do small pulses or hold a stretched position.
Many of these are also probably issues. My left side is significantly tighter then my right from my shoulder Down through my hip into my ankle. Injuries but i do think it can be worked on. I also think years of punching **** has stiffened my wrists. Some naturally and some through hand and wrist injuries.

Good Suggestions from both of you.Thank you very much

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warmup
Bb rows, RDLs, power cleans, OHP

Power cleans
10 x 95
5 x 135
3 x 155, 175, 195
1 x 205, 215, 225

Horrendous barbell today. Zero spin, total forearm killer

Deads
5 x 225
3 x 275, 315, 355

Deficits 2"
3 x 5 x 225

Seated incline DB curls
3 x 12

Superset with EZ bar curls
3 x 10-12

T bar rows
3 x 10+

Rear DB delt swings
3 x 10

Leg ext
3 x 10

Everything felt very tight and slow today. I had a golf game at daybreak yesterday and it was so cold out I came home and took a very rare nap, totally exhausted after a bit of yard work.

Tried to get some explosive / ROM work in for the day. ROM still feels bizarre on pulls lately.

Weight, a very Monday bloated 198

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Warmup

Power cleans
10 x 95
5 x 135
3 x 155, 175, 195
1 x 205, 215, 225

Deads
5 x 225
3 x 275, 315, 355

Deficits 2"
3 x 5 x 225

Seated incline DB curls
3 x 12

3 x 10-12

T bar rows
3 x 10+

Rear DB delt swings
3 x 10

Leg ext
3 x 10

Everything felt very tight and slow today. I had a golf game at daybreak yesterday and it was so cold out I came home and took a very rare nap, totally exhausted after a bit of yard work.

Tried to get some explosive / ROM work in for the day. ROM still feels bizarre on pulls lately.

The no spin can be a big thing! Sounds like a miserable game of golf being so cold.
Nice looking session

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Warmup

Power cleans
10 x 95
5 x 135
3 x 155, 175, 195
1 x 205, 215, 225

Deads
5 x 225
3 x 275, 315, 355

Deficits 2"
3 x 5 x 225

Seated incline DB curls
3 x 12

3 x 10-12

T bar rows
3 x 10+

Rear DB delt swings
3 x 10

Leg ext
3 x 10

Take those naps any chance you get

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had a 1hr session with my golf coach after the gym yesterday, which turned into about 2 hours of all driver work. It was actually fantastic.

Something about this stack I'm running is hitting HARD. I feel the exhaustion and fatigue and soreness like high school sports. it's a great feeling, feels like my gym sessions are crazy effective.

I love the feeling of those rear delt swings...

This was such a funny mental picture
you should see it in real life 😅

Last edited:
SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Smashing little balls with a driver for hours at a time is priceless. Hoping to get some green time this summer, I’m garbage but sometimes I amaze myself lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Smashing little balls with a driver for hours at a time is priceless. Hoping to get some green time this summer, I’m garbage but sometimes I amaze myself lol
I'm only good at the range! 😂
This was my 4th session of a 5 session package with my coach this year so far. every time he asks what I want to work on. I say Driver. "really? again? you're crushing you're driver", NOT AT THE COURSE I'M NOT LOL

I swear I can hit bombs for 2 hours at the range, then get to the course and it's like my brain falls out my ears and I look like a monkey fuckin' a fire hydrant out there on the tee box.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lmao same! It’s a total mind melt. Wish I had 3 practice balls before every hole.

Who got fucked, the monkey or the hydrant?

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
10 x bar, 95, 135
5 x 165, 195, 225
1 x 245, 255, 265, 275, 285

Slingshot
4 x 275

Raw
3 x 6 x 225

Flat DB press
12 x 60s, 70s, 80s

(This is where I started to wake up, lol)

Skull crushers
3 x 10-12 x 60lb

Superset with laterals
3 x 10-12 x 30s

Body still felt trashed today, took a bit longer to get warm. I think this is from the larger than my usual Epiandro dosing.

Had a rando spot my top bench. Sorta. Asked if he was comfortable with liftoff. No liftoff came so I took it from the rack, descended, and before I even got 1/3rd back up he grabbed it with both hands lol.

Serves me right, should have risked death.

Actually planned on banded work today but it's usually harder on my joints so I went with what felt better for the day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Don’t touch the fuggin bar!!!!! ☠
for real tho...

since I'm lifting at a box gym now (la fitness) the benches are adequate, but don't let me get into a good position without a lift off on the heavier weights. I like to be far enough down the bench that I won't jam the J hooks on the way back up, and that makes the 75%+ efforts pretty hard on the shoulders. Unless I just let barpath go to hell and shoot straight up lol, then whatever all bets are off 😂

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
for real tho...

since I'm lifting at a box gym now (la fitness) the benches are adequate, but don't let me get into a good position without a lift off on the heavier weights. I like to be far enough down the bench that I won't jam the J hooks on the way back up, and that makes the 75%+ efforts pretty hard on the shoulders. Unless I just let barpath go to hell and shoot straight up lol, then whatever all bets are off 😂
Use to drive me nuts when you slow down as u transition from chest to tri for that last 25% of the lift and you slow a lil bit and dude does a dead lift to take it off ya. If the bar isn’t going the wrong way, no touchie!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Use to drive me nuts when you slow down as u transition from chest to tri for that last 25% of the lift and you slow a lil bit and dude does a dead lift to take it off ya. If the bar isn’t going the wrong way, no touchie!!!
dude no joke. I'm 100% comfortable putting up 315 with my wife or my 14yr old son spotting me because they know how to spot and they know they don't have to deadlift 315 off me, they need to put their little finger under the bar and take an ounce off when I'm in trouble lol. That was the first time in a long time a rando didn't let me grind it out and jumped in WAY too early

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
dude no joke. I'm 100% comfortable putting up 315 with my wife or my 14yr old son spotting me because they know how to spot and they know they don't have to deadlift 315 off me, they need to put their little finger under the bar and take an ounce off when I'm in trouble lol. That was the first time in a long time a rando didn't let me grind it out and jumped in WAY too early
That’s what I miss about having a lifting partner. Went w same guy for 2 yrs. He was a little older and way stronger. But knew when to step in and when to let me grind it out
We actually started lifting together from him saying “hey junior, I saw you trying to hurt yourself yesterday, why don’t you come lift with me”. Never swapped numbers, we both just worked u til 4 and got to gym same time every day and would agree on 10am for saturdays. Gym ran a killer $225 for 2 yrs special that we both jumped on and 3 months later showing up to an empty gym w doors locked. Haven’t seen him since.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That’s what I miss about having a lifting partner. Went w same guy for 2 yrs. He was a little older and way stronger. But knew when to step in and when to let me grind it out
We actually started lifting together from him saying “hey junior, I saw you trying to hurt yourself yesterday, why don’t you come lift with me”. Never swapped numbers, we both just worked u til 4 and got to gym same time every day and would agree on 10am for saturdays. Gym ran a killer $225 for 2 yrs special that we both jumped on and 3 months later showing up to an empty gym w doors locked. Haven’t seen him since.
I love my lifting buddies for the heavy lifts but the problem is they lack conditioning or drive for the extra work.
I love the big lifts, for sure, but I really enjoy the "pop tart" accessories that I let myself do after I finished "the work". They're good for a squat session, pull, or press session. but once I move into triceps, shoulders, biceps, etc they tap out.

Except my son. won't back squat, but loves to leg press 400lb+, leg curl/extend the whole machine etc hahaha