Lat pull downs
3 x 10

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

Chin ups - varied grips
3 sets

More frequent shorter sessions is my goal
Left work at 4:15pm, at gym by 4:45, business dinner by 5:30pm

I see it as minimize the damage until time allows more seriousness.
Good job….. you crammed a lot into that 30 minute workout, and made a dinner visit too. Sounds like success all the way around.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like my day we started a box culvert project and it was non stop from 7am to 5:30 pm. Sounds like the gym was packed but great short little session!
Great job maximizing your time - that is some solid training economy!
Good job….. you crammed a lot into that 30 minute workout, and made a dinner visit too. Sounds like success all the way around.
appreciate it! yeah gym was insanely busy, all leg presses, hack squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and platforms were consumed so I just walked straight to DBs and said if I can't get pulls in, I'll make it a back and biceps day. right as I finished up, so a guy deadlifting 185 so I figured I'd ask to work in with him cause that's a low enough weight for me to start at, gone one set in and he said he's done so I'm like OK its on, slammed out some reps as fast as possible and just kept moving to equipment that was open lol.

got home at 9pm last night and my wife goes man that's a long day. I said yeah but it's OK I don't have to do it again until tomorrow 😅

I'm really enjoying how busy I am right now, in a good headspace. If I can keep this work/life/gym balance going I'll be really happy.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
appreciate it! yeah gym was insanely busy, all leg presses, hack squats, leg extensions, leg curls, and platforms were consumed so I just walked straight to DBs and said if I can't get pulls in, I'll make it a back and biceps day. right as I finished up, so a guy deadlifting 185 so I figured I'd ask to work in with him cause that's a low enough weight for me to start at, gone one set in and he said he's done so I'm like OK its on, slammed out some reps as fast as possible and just kept moving to equipment that was open lol.

got home at 9pm last night and my wife goes man that's a long day. I said yeah but it's OK I don't have to do it again until tomorrow

I'm really enjoying how busy I am right now, in a good headspace. If I can keep this work/life/gym balance going I'll be really happy.
Those giant crazy unplanned circuits tend to be worth the chaos in the end

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
15 x 95, 135
5 x 185, 205, 225,
3 x 235, 245
1 x 255

Slingshot
1 x 265, 275, 285, 295
10 x 225
(The 295 was pretty shitty but rando spotter had his balls in my face the whole lift)

Inclines
10 x 95, 135
5 x 155, 135

Seated dips - reverse
4 x 10+

SS with EZ bar curls
10 x 60, 70, 80
15 x 60

Machine flies
15 x 115lbs
10 x 160lbs, 205lbs
5 x 250lbs
3 x 295
(I just wanted to see if I could hit the whole stack)
10 x 160

Notes
8:30am session felt a bit earlier with daylight savings. Had to jam it out, my day gets real at 11am then 48hr of work. Fly south tomorrow, won't see bed till 9am then Tuesday not home till like 11pm so next session hopefully is Weds.

That weird shoulder tightness seems to be gone.

My tolerance to beta alanine is WAY down

Weight 192 (avg)

Trying to slow down the losses but damn the lack of volume is showing big time.
IMG20240310100554.jpg

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Did you just complain about lacking volume after you spent the end of your workout trying to max out a pec deck machine??

Good luck on your travels!
ahahaha yeah but I'm talking cumulative volume for Feb/Mar ;)
Travels were very good, jetset life. Got home last night about midnight and back up at 4:30am this morning. I only have 2 more high stress appts today then hoping to get a session in before I turn off the brain and log some much needed gaming time in with my boy. Cool thing............ after flying budget budget budget, no rental car, and staying at my folks place in AZ, Delta offered me a first class upgrade for only $90 last night on the way home so I splurged and grabbed it.

That was a cool experience. Drink order before we even took off, and a full hot meal served with real glassware and everything. I haven' flown first class in like 15+ years since I grabbed one coming out of Vegas for like +$50 so that was a treat!

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
ahahaha yeah but I'm talking cumulative volume for Feb/Mar ;)
Travels were very good, jetset life. Got home last night about midnight and back up at 4:30am this morning. I only have 2 more high stress appts today then hoping to get a session in before I turn off the brain and log some much needed gaming time in with my boy. Cool thing............ after flying budget budget budget, no rental car, and staying at my folks place in AZ, Delta offered me a first class upgrade for only $90 last night on the way home so I splurged and grabbed it.

That was a cool experience. Drink order before we even took off, and a full hot meal served with real glassware and everything. I haven' flown first class in like 15+ years since I grabbed one coming out of Vegas for like +$50 so that was a treat!
Not mention how much more comfortable the seats are!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bench
2 x 15 x 95
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225
2 x 250

Slingshot
2 x 275
1 x 295, 305 (slight assist)

Raw
5 x 225
15 x 185
25 x 135

Machine dips
3 x 15

Superset with inclines
3 sets

Tri extensions
3 sets

Cardio
LISS - 15min

Honestly not that bad considering I have been working 5am to 9pm the last week. Grateful to get a Sunday session in with my boy.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
305 is some legit weight! Plus, are you doing those x15 and x25 rep sets all in one go? That's also some serious endurance to go with it all if so!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
305 is some legit weight! Plus, are you doing those x15 and x25 rep sets all in one go? That's also some serious endurance to go with it all if so!
yeah my boy finished his burnout set with 30 reps (he was ready to hang it up at 20 but dad kept pushing him) so I tried for 30 as well lol.

I was sorta glad for him to see how my strength has dropped a bit in the last couple months with my lower frequency because he was spotting me with 315-330 on the bar not long ago and now he's spotting me capping out at 305. I'm hoping that becomes an indicator of the value of training for him...

This week looks like my hell week. I should probably stop calling it that for the sake of mental well being but I have appts every hour until noon today, then again at 3:30. tomorrow is similar. Weds I fly, appts till about 9 pm. Thursday appts in the morning, then fly home around 9pm. Friday is a toss up. Saturday though > I have a golf game planned. much needed R&R day.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
That weird shoulder tightness seems to be gone.

My tolerance to beta alanine is WAY down
two side notes after a very inconsistent few weeks:

a. zero, and I mean zero aches or pains of any kind anywhere.
b. tolerance to the prewor/beta alanine is still way down lol. I was rubbing my ears and buzzing around the gym sunday 😅
c. a few weeks ago during a golf round had GHOST preWO in a can and noticed my concentration when making contact on the ball was like matrix style focus. I noticed the Ghost had Alpha GPC in it, which I had not taken since like last summer. So i'm wanting to explore that a little more.

Last edited:
MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Just rename hell week into "Making work my bitch week!" and then kill that sh!t!!!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so as busy as I have been I had scheduled time with my old golf coach into it and stuck to it. I was glad I did too because I had a nasty snap hook he fixed in like 30 minutes (my wife had got me like a 5 pack of sessions with him for Christmas on a black friday deal).

He's got all these fancy monitors to measure attack angle, dispersement, ball speed, smash factor. I haven't worked with him in a couple years and after a few shots he starts laughing and says dude, your ball speed, swing speed, and smash factor are all higher than the PGA tour pros right now, we just have to figure out what to do with it 😅😅

finished the session with avg ball speed at 160mph+ and 280yard carry drives so I'm pretty stoked for the massive improvement but my abs are actually sore today after hitting so many lol.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I take Alpha GPC before almost every training session. Strength and motor learning demand choline, and that form in particular is best for improving performance.

SNS Choline Citrate powder is the best thing I’ve found as far as most cost effective way to pay the substrate cost. To help prevent fatigue post training or increase focus for the work morning. I usually shoot it straight because it melts in your mouth and is like an unsweetened sour patch kid (I enjoy it).

But Alpha GPC is the top dog form IMO as a performance enhancer, besides injectable choline.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
SNS Choline Citrate powder is the best thing I’ve found as far as most cost effective way to pay the substrate cost. To help prevent fatigue post training or increase focus for the work morning. I usually shoot it straight because it melts in your mouth and is like an unsweetened sour patch kid (I enjoy it).

But Alpha GPC is the top dog form IMO as a performance enhancer, besides injectable choline.
I could see getting Steves product then if I could just add it to preWO, and using my GPC caps for say , weekend golf.
the stuff I have in stock right now is just Nutricost brand 600mg servings. I might try using it a bit more and see what kind of effects I notice.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warmup

Power cleans, RDLs, OHP, BB rows

Deads
10 x 135, 185
5 x 225, 275, 315
10 x 225

BB rows
3 x 10 x 135

Hang power clean & press
2 x 10 x 95
(Just light, speed, practice, mobility)

DB curls
3 sets

Superset with
DB laterals
3 sets
(Didn't have time yesterday)

Notes
No chalk, no belt, 30 min lunch session to stop the bleeding. Nothing heavy but needed to get moving. I gotta fly tomorrow and Thursday so really wanted to keep DOMs minimized if possible too.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I need to utilize my own mantra right now. With time being precious, it can be hard to stick to discipline > habit > passion.
It can be a little defeating when weights feel much heavier after a while of inconsistency but I know if I can maintain some form of routine/habit it will bounce back nicely.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Warmup

Power cleans, RDLs, OHP, BB rows

Deads
10 x 135, 185
5 x 225, 275, 315
10 x 225

BB rows
3 x 10 x 135

Hang power clean & press
2 x 10 x 95
(Just light, speed, practice, mobility)

DB curls
3 sets

Superset with
DB laterals
3 sets
(Didn't have time yesterday)

Notes
No chalk, no belt, 30 min lunch session to stop the bleeding. Nothing heavy but needed to get moving. I gotta fly tomorrow and Thursday so really wanted to keep DOMs minimized if possible too.
Sounds like a good quick session, good work getting that in with your busy week!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think that’s a good plan on the choline. Choline Citrate tastes good mixed into other pre’s. One tub will last forever.

Good job; never let great be the enemy of good - something is radically better than nothing!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good job; never let great be the enemy of good - something is radically better than nothing!
Amen to that. I felt good in general, felt like I was getting some of the "big guy" looks because at this gym, at this hour, I was the big guy. fast forward 24hrs and I can already feel the hunger rebuilding. Of course I have to get on a plane in 3 hours but I know that habit builds everything.

next week looks very normal for me! Excited to get it!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the improvement in your swing, that is quite impressive that you have all of the traits of a pro.

Nice quick session, way to get in there and get things done. Sometimes those quick down and dirty sessions surprise you with how effective they end up being too. My quick chest session Monday definitely did the trick and had me a bit sore the next day which is not that common for my chest training unless I am detrained.

BennyMagoo79

BennyMagoo79

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Life sounds busy man! Props to you for getting these sessions in! Intensity will recover. Strength is a destination. You know the way there already, you just have to walk the path.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You and I are trading weeks @Dustin07. Next week will likely be all over the place for me, travel mid-week, 2 all day meeting sessions, plus with Easter weekend coming up likely traveling for family stuff. Training may take a back seat

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Laterals
15 x 20s
2 x 10+ x 30s

SS with forwards
3 sets

And DB curls to warm up elbows
3 sets.

OHP
10 x bar
5 x 95, 115, 135
3 x 155
10 x 95

Bench
2 x 10 x 135
5 x 185, 205, 225

Slingshot
5 x 250

Raw
10 x 185, 135

Peck deck
3 sets

Things felt a bit heavy and unstable so opted to throw in some lighter slingshot work for the practice at the top.

Weight

Off to next appointment....

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Congrats on the improvement in your swing, that is quite impressive that you have all of the traits of a pro.

Nice quick session, way to get in there and get things done. Sometimes those quick down and dirty sessions surprise you with how effective they end up being too. My quick chest session Monday definitely did the trick and had me a bit sore the next day which is not that common for my chest training unless I am detrained.
Ha I have the power and speed of a pro but idk about the more important traits like skill

So what's funny is I think powerlifting has given me a more powerful swing whereas most golfers ask how I can even swing a club when they see my broader shoulders.

It's true my back swing isn't nearly as far as theirs, but when I get coiled up my body snaps out of it like a wound up spring

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Had another session with my golf coach last night. ball speed 160mph+, club head speed at 110mph+, smash factor avg around 1.45 up to 1.50. I don't know a lot about smash factor. I guess it's ball speed divided by club head speed with 1.50 considered the "goal" 🤔

I'm so sore today. my hamstrings and glutes feel like I finished a lower day, and my upper is feeling my bench doms lol. Good day.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Laterals
15 x 20s
2 x 10+ x 30s

SS with forwards
3 sets

And DB curls to warm up elbows
3 sets.

OHP
10 x bar
5 x 95, 115, 135
3 x 155
10 x 95

Bench
2 x 10 x 135
5 x 185, 205, 225

Slingshot
5 x 250

Raw
10 x 185, 135

Peck deck
3 sets

Things felt a bit heavy and unstable so opted to throw in some lighter slingshot work for the practice at the top.

Weight

Off to next appointment....
Still getting the work in! Finding time to get that in with everything else got to be a busy guy.

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
You had me at “smash factor”
one of these days people at the office are gonna understand what it means when someone says "smash" and HR gets involved 😅😅

Still getting the work in! Finding time to get that in with everything else got to be a busy guy.
slept through my alarm the last 2 days which I don't know if I've ever done before in my life lol. just massively deep sleep.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
one of these days people at the office are gonna understand what it means when someone says "smash" and HR gets involved

slept through my alarm the last 2 days which I don't know if I've ever done before in my life lol. just massively deep sleep.
That’s an impressive depth of sleep! Enjoy those whenever ya can lol

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
No sleeves, no belt, no chalk, no headphones just rolling with it today, lol

Warmup- 95lbs
RDLs, bb rows, power cleans

Deads
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225, 275, 315

BB Rows
3 x 10 x 135

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

DB curls
3 x 10+

Cardio
20 min mix of LISS and very light HIIT

Weight

Every once in a while I get a sense of needing a little cardio for general health, clearing out the lungs, testing mobility, etc

Electrake

Electrake

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar

Warmup- 95lbs

Deads
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225, 275, 315

BB Rows
3 x 10 x 135

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

DB curls
3 x 10+

Cardio

Weight

Every once in a while I get a sense of needing a little cardio for general health, clearing out the lungs, testing mobility, etc
No headphones?! You heathen!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Warmup- 95lbs

Deads
10 x 135
5 x 185, 225, 275, 315

BB Rows
3 x 10 x 135

Ez bar curls
3 x 10

DB curls
3 x 10+

Cardio

Weight

Yeah, I'm probably getting to that point again soon, as I dropped all cardio these past 3 months...

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up:

DB laterals, DB forwards, DB curls.

DB Bench
15 x 50s
10 x 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s

BB bench
10 x 135
5 x 185
1 x 205, 225, 245, 255
(This barbell feels horribly off and bent)

Slingshot
1 x 265, 275, 285
10 x 225

Tricep cable pull downs
3 sets

SS with EZ bar curls
3 x 12 x 60

T bar rows
3 sets
(I liked how my lats looked in the mirror so thought I'd accentuate them a bit lol)

285 felt great. I'm hoping to ss 300 again very soon if I can keep the frequency growing.

Notes
I don't think my alarm is going off lol.
Raced 45min drive for 7am tee time. Walked 18 holes. That tore up my back and hammies. Raced from there to work (we are closed today, just wanted to get some month end stuff done)

Then hit gym to get some frequency in.

No chalk or headphones again. They're in my car that I dropped off for ceramic coating on Weds... So winging it.

Idk if it's cause I warmed up with a legit DB session or what but the bench felt like laying on a decline. Bar path was **** and kept feeling bar was falling up towards my head.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice session.

PolishHamm3r77

PolishHamm3r77

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Warm up:

DB laterals, DB forwards, DB curls.

DB Bench
15 x 50s
10 x 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s

BB bench
10 x 135
5 x 185
1 x 205, 225, 245, 255
(This barbell feels horribly off and bent)

Slingshot
1 x 265, 275, 285
10 x 225

Tricep cable pull downs
3 sets

SS with EZ bar curls
3 x 12 x 60

T bar rows
3 sets
(I liked how my lats looked in the mirror so thought I'd accentuate them a bit lol)

285 felt great. I'm hoping to ss 300 again very soon if I can keep the frequency growing.

Notes
I don't think my alarm is going off lol.
Raced 45min drive for 7am tee time. Walked 18 holes. That tore up my back and hammies. Raced from there to work (we are closed today, just wanted to get some month end stuff done)

Then hit gym to get some frequency in.

No chalk or headphones again. They're in my car that I dropped off for ceramic coating on Weds... So winging it.

Idk if it's cause I warmed up with a legit DB session or what but the bench felt like laying on a decline. Bar path was **** and kept feeling bar was falling up towards my head.
It’s the lack of head phones. The low frequency of the bass waves, though inaudible to most, push forward toward your knees thus keeping the bar on a vertical plane.
Almost sounds convincing if your head phones were 18” subs

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
It’s the lack of head phones. The low frequency of the bass waves, though inaudible to most, push forward toward your knees thus keeping the bar on a vertical plane.
Almost sounds convincing if your head phones were 18” subs

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Warm up

Laterals, forwards, snatch with 10lb plates
Power cleans and press with empty bb

Bench
10 x 95, 135
5 x 175, 205
3 x 225, 245
1 x 265

Slingshot
1 x 275, 285, 295, 305
10 x 235

Raw
30 x 135

Tri rope ext
3 sets

SS with laterals
3 x 10 x 30s

Sunday bench day with the boy! This week's extra frequency is yielding positive results. I was hoping to SS 300 today with my boy, super super happy about 305. Means I'm closing the gap, stopping the bleeding.

akboom87

akboom87

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Warm up

Laterals, forwards, snatch with 10lb plates
Power cleans and press with empty bb

Bench
10 x 95, 135
5 x 175, 205
3 x 225, 245
1 x 265

Slingshot
1 x 275, 285, 295, 305
10 x 235

Raw
30 x 135

Tri rope ext
3 sets

SS with laterals
3 x 10 x 30s

Sunday bench day with the boy! This week's extra frequency is yielding positive results. I was hoping to SS 300 today with my boy, super super happy about 305. Means I'm closing the gap, stopping the bleeding.
Hell yeah nice session! Bench still strong 💪🏻

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is your work schedule going to be full throttle this whole summer or is this just a busy time then it will level out some?
It's hard to say because the nature of my job is essentially to create the work and the jobs, I'm sorta as go go go as I force myself. Lately I've been a bit more go because some accts have required more work and my inside girl moved on to a new career... But last week I hired a new girl and she's on fire, she's filling in a ton of my work and saving me so much time. My biggest concern with her is that she's so good I'm afraid of her getting bored lol

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's hard to say because the nature of my job is essentially to create the work and the jobs, I'm sorta as go go go as I force myself. Lately I've been a bit more go because some accts have required more work and my inside girl moved on to a new career... But last week I hired a new girl and she's on fire, she's filling in a ton of my work and saving me so much time. My biggest concern with her is that she's so good I'm afraid of her getting bored lol
That's a great problem to have. Now to figure out how to keep her happy in the position.