• Established
30 grams whey

2.5 grams creatine

2.5 grams beta alanine

2 grams l-carnitine tartrate

2.5 grams l-leucine

1.5 grams HMB

6 grams collagen powder

Possible additions? Maybe some cinnamon or other GDA to help with glucose and amino uptake?

TheMrMuscle

TheMrMuscle

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What glucose though? Did you forget to write down your carb source? I personally love to use a GlycoPhase with my post workout meal for enhance nutrient absorbtion.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
What glucose though? Did you forget to write down your carb source? I personally love to use a GlycoPhase with my post workout meal for enhance nutrient absorbtion.
Yup. I do 1/4 cup oats and 10 grams dextrose. That's roughly 25 grams of carbs combined. I'll eat a full meal of something like eggs and toast about 30 mins after this.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd probably bump the creatine up to about 5g personally.

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I use it for the potential of enhanced nutrient absorbtion which in turn can help me recover faster.
Bingo. I remember taking Anabolic Pump post workout and felt it helped, especially with giving an all day pump.

I have looked into GlycoPhase as well as RedCon1's RPG. Currently, i am taking gymnema at 800mg , 2 times a day. With my first meal of the day and my last. I should get a dose in post-workout as well.

I know Glycophase has a nice dose of gymena extract in it. I am just taking the plain old leaf capsules from Swanson.

I do notice that they kill my cravings for sweets. Opening up the capsules and kind of sucking on the contents lead to sugar receptor numbing effects. I tested this with honey and was amazed how well it works.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
beta alanine post workout? odd choice. looks like you are probably overusing leucine and hmb. they probably aren't doing anything for you. the whey protein likely has plenty of leucine for what you need. the HMB could possibly reduce DOMS but you should take it pre workout imo.

slickwillie

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
beta alanine post workout? odd choice. looks like you are probably overusing leucine and hmb. they probably aren't doing anything for you. the whey protein likely has plenty of leucine for what you need. the HMB could possibly reduce DOMS but you should take it pre workout imo.

Yes, if you’re taking HMB it should be before your workout and not after.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yes, if you’re taking HMB it should be before your workout and not after.
he -might- be doing all day dosing. I do have a hica that says to take it 3 times a day. just thought I'd mention it in case he isn't doing it pre

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
he -might- be doing all day dosing. I do have a hica that says to take it 3 times a day. just thought I'd mention it in case he isn't doing it pre
I take my 3 tablets of HICA preworkout.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I take my 3 tablets of HICA preworkout.
ya that's the norm because of the soccer study, 1.5g pwo. if you look at house of muscle HICA-C, they say to take 500mg 3x a day because of the short duration that hica lasts. I'm not sure what studies back up spacing the doses but I think it makes sense that it could work

Wordz_Worf

Wordz_Worf

Awards
  • Established
I have not started HMB yet, was just thinking about trying it. I do get some HICA in pre-workout since it is in Jacked Factory's Build and I add that to my pre-workout mix of citrulline and beetroot powder. The tubs were on clearance on Amazon for $10, i got 3 but wish i had gotten 10 😂. They discontinued the powder version, unfortunately.

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ya that's the norm because of the soccer study, 1.5g pwo. if you look at house of muscle HICA-C, they say to take 500mg 3x a day because of the short duration that hica lasts. I'm not sure what studies back up spacing the doses but I think it makes sense that it could work
Actually if I remember right the soccer study was 500mg 3 times per day. The label of PES HICA (true recover) says 3 tablets post workout. I guess there are different ways of using it.

Last edited: