Thinking of modeling

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
So I have been told by some brutally honest people that I could be a model. A straight guy told me I have the right cheek lines. lol. Anyway, would it be a waste of time to get a couple pictures taken? Then what?
This of course would be after I bulk up slightly after cycling season and have a tan.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
So I have been told by some brutally honest people that I could be a model. A straight guy told me I have the right cheek lines. lol. Anyway, would it be a waste of time to get a couple pictures taken? Then what?
This of course would be after I bulk up slightly after cycling season and have a tan.
What kind of modeling do you want to get into? It's a different scene...a lot of limp wristed people...you have to be pretty comfortable around them wearing pretty much nothing...

It was no big deal to myself...good pay, really easy hours...I think it's a great way to pick up some quick cash...

But if you want some advice on how to get started, hit me up with a PM, I'd be more than happy to help out.

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What kind of modeling do you want to get into? It's a different scene...a lot of limp wristed people...you have to be pretty comfortable around them wearing pretty much nothing...

It was no big deal to myself...good pay, really easy hours...I think it's a great way to pick up some quick cash...

But if you want some advice on how to get started, hit me up with a PM, I'd be more than happy to help out.
I dont have PM option.

What is your e- mail?

Sunder

Sunder

Awards
  • Established
1. find out if the agencies you are looking at representing you (I'm assuming you're not represented yet?) require a portfolio before meeting with you. They may not, as there's less competition in male modelling than female (and less work too though). You may want to do this 1st, as the agency may "prefer" you to use one of their photographers.

2. if you're truly serious about this, then my advice is to get professional quality photos done - which is not necessarily the cheapest one, nor your buddy's camera in your apt. (if this is for your portfolio).

3. bulk??? I think that's a 4 letter word in modelling, unless you're specifically looking at fitness modelling. I think lean and cut are the desired traits.

FYI - I'm an actor and not a model, so I'm going by 2nd hand experience and observation.

4. read up on scams about modelling and models paying their agents money up front, etc. Find out the repuation of some of the agencies near you. Just be aware of what is right and what is wrong - there are some companies that prey on the naiveness of people.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
1. find out if the agencies you are looking at representing you (I'm assuming you're not represented yet?) require a portfolio before meeting with you. They may not, as there's less competition in male modelling than female (and less work too though). You may want to do this 1st, as the agency may "prefer" you to use one of their photographers.

2. if you're truly serious about this, then my advice is to get professional quality photos done - which is not necessarily the cheapest one, nor your buddy's camera in your apt. (if this is for your portfolio).

3. bulk??? I think that's a 4 letter word in modelling, unless you're specifically looking at fitness modelling. I think lean and cut are the desired traits.

FYI - I'm an actor and not a model, so I'm going by 2nd hand experience and observation.

4. read up on scams about modelling and models paying their agents money up front, etc. Find out the repuation of some of the agencies near you. Just be aware of what is right and what is wrong - there are some companies that prey on the naiveness of people.
Good advice...getting your photos done before you starting looking for representation is an option...but some agents will hook you up, and they will own the rights to the pictures but they still need to pay you to use them, jsut not get your consent. Which is what I did, just being out of college and being poor as hell, it was a much better idea.

Brent, what part of the US are you in? North Dakota huh? Didn't see that. You might want to look into some model searches around you...theyre everywhere, all the time...