The old fuggers at it again!!!!! Musclemania Canada!!!

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
why do you have 2 different totals listed for chicken breast?
the last 6oz you say has 32g protein/210cals;
the top (2x) 6oz you say it is 96g protein/480cals
personally I think both are off, if it's boneless skinless fresh should be same, and no way 12oz chick breast has 96g protein..

also: 22g of fat from nuts in the morning, this being >1/3 your daily allotment?
huh..might advise changing that

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
why do you have 2 different totals listed for chicken breast?
the last 6oz you say has 32g protein/210cals;
the top (2x) 6oz you say it is 96g protein/480cals
personally I think both are off, if it's boneless skinless fresh should be same, and no way 12oz chick breast has 96g protein..

also: 22g of fat from nuts in the morning, this being >1/3 your daily allotment?
huh..might advise changing that
That's when I take my anabolics which are good with fat. I could take them again in meal 4.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I guess the chicken was estimated differently from the 2 sources...

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
dint we just talk about consistency in some other thread a minute ago?? :hitwithrock:
USE ONE SOURCE!
I thought I was I didn't notice the difference.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Fixed ....

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
That's when I take my anabolics which are good with fat. I could take them again in meal 4.
if you are dead-set on using that type of fat load, then I would move it to later towards bed, like either meal 5, or 6
still like a more balanced approach (and other fat sources as well), but in a regular-type dieting mode I prefer more fats at night/carbs earlier in day, and anabolics split over breakfast & supper -- with the odd amount of anabolics (or majority) taken in the evening..
you do not need 20g+ of fats to be taken with anabolics..overkill
but if you like that, drop some fish oil in there

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if you are dead-set on using that type of fat load, then I would move it to later towards bed, like either meal 5, or 6
still like a more balanced approach (and other fat sources as well), but in a regular-type dieting mode I prefer more fats at night/carbs earlier in day, and anabolics split over breakfast & supper -- with the odd amount of anabolics (or majority) taken in the evening..
you do not need 20g+ of fats to be taken with anabolics..overkill
but if you like that, drop some fish oil in there
Well they are nuts so they are easy to spread around more and come to think of it I would prefer them later in the day while I am relaxing at home. I used to use fish oil got away from it. I do eat a lot of fish though.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok I guess I am getting bigger people stopped me on the street to comment on the fact, my perception is probably off. I weighed in at 199 which is actually down a biit from last week so I am more comfortable in recomp now.

I have made the adjustments in diet based on Steve's input, really comfortable with where that has me right now. Only hardship right now is that it is very humid here. We don't so much get sun as hazey weather with some sun this has been weeks now since we have had a really clear day. It's very odd.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Humidity will help you lose water weight it is gonna be alright. DMZ is a good product if a good source. Don't expect anything crazy though. Give it time. As far as your diet sounds like Snags has you taken care of.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Humidity will help you lose water weight it is gonna be alright. DMZ is a good product if a good source. Don't expect anything crazy though. Give it time. As far as your diet sounds like Snags has you taken care of.
Some effects coming through I think been just 2 weeks.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Couple brutal sessions but effects have been good. I really feel the muscle working and it's resulting in some pretty significant size increase. I was curious and got on the scale this mornng and I was 201. Like Steve says it's hard to fathom the increase sometimes bassed on you dietary intake. I am going to get some pics up mid week, I am going away next weekend so will be hard to be right on with the diet but plan on packing a lot with me.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good luck on the nutrition being away. That is when powders seem to come in very handy! Powders and a microwave for potatoes and you are money.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good luck on the nutrition being away. That is when powders seem to come in very handy! Powders and a microwave for potatoes and you are money.
Beef Jerky may play a part as well :)

Wow, now that was a stellar workout!!! Great strength and stamina right through and everything I do seems to be bearing fruit.
Lat Pulldowns Warmup , 2X10, 1 double drop X 10,10,10 then the same for all other exercises
Wide smith bench
L-Lateral Raise
Close Grip bench
Barbell curl
Front squats
Stiff legged deads

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I feel like I've been hit by a truck.... it's great :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice work Doug!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice work Doug!
Thanks Chris...

Well I have to admit there have been times where I have been a little pensive about going up in weight but I do seem to be seeing some recomp now so the reduction to 3000 cals seems to be working. I will likely further reduce mid next week to 2800 and then starting 12 weeks out around 2500, maybe a bit higher depending. We'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

I am definitely showing some agression have to watch I don't get myself nto trouble. Doesn't take much to set me off now and the wrong person says the wrong thng at the wrong time .... I have t remember where the agression is coming from.

That being said I am going to take it out at the gym can't wait till tomorrow :) Azz kickin time!!!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was away since thursday so did not update this. I trained on Friday and today both were block buster sessions. I am fuggin strong and getting very fuggin big. I am getting a lot of what the fug is he on stares.... No fuggin wonder I look like a fuggin beast!!!!!

I increased the 1-alpha dosage to 6 ed but dmz has played it's part I am sure. I damned agressive and the weight moves easier but the humidity makes the lungs labor more so I have to catch my breath and find myself breathing pretty heavy. It's really good to feel strong again though. I really have that nobody fug with me attitude going but have to watch that. Can't take myself too seriously leads to trouble :)

Diet did not slip much at all on the weekend away, I was well prepared. I treated myself to some frozen yogurt on my b'day (a lot of it) but I am down to 2800 cals now so things should settle down fast. Being this anabolic the extra carbs may have done some good actually. I also was very active on the weekend so I know I burned some extra cals also.

I was at an outdoor conert on my b'day ... saw Alice in Chains and BBKing :)

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
alice in chains, no shyte? damn I haven't heard them forever, dint even know they were still around
some great songs they put out, was part of a unique era of music for sure

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
alice in chains, no shyte? damn I haven't heard them forever, dint even know they were still around
some great songs they put out, was part of a unique era of music for sure
Yah I enjoyed them, I think they split up and got back together, they are legit artists no doubt about it.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yah at the concert I had young people coming up to me asking how old I was cuz I was so jacked as they said. One girl asked to seem my abs, I was happy to comply but I wasn't try to impress her to make a move or anything. I was flattered sure, and it's nice to be noticed but I am long past that sort of thing. I am a happily married man.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Happy birthday.....see you've been enjoying yourself.....

Alice in chains Rooster:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Happy birthday.....see you've been enjoying yourself.....

Alice in chains Rooster:)
Yah they played a song called Rooster then my son sang it a Kareoke later that night :)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well what happened with Alice in Chains i the front man OD'd and they just got this new guy who sounds just like him and put out some new music. I love me some Alice in Chains, great music, the Unplugged CD is one of my favorites to chill too!

Awesome on the extra growth and the attention. It is always fun to get some positive attention. When my son was paying for his haircut this weekend I was stretching and and when I opened my eyes the lady at the cash register was staring it me just holding his cash and staring over at me. I had to smile, it was kind of funny because you could see she was embarrassed she got caught looking.

I don't get many people come up and talk to me like they do you but then again you are a buff old fugger , so you are like a Unicorn to them.

IrishSoldier

IrishSoldier

Awards
Concert sounds good man, now stop scaring the young people plz! Not everyday they see an old fuggin freak

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Kleen is right again on this one....

Mr. unicorn....;)

In other words, kind of a stallion.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
lol mythical creature, yah these young people had been drinking so they had more nerve to come up and start a conversation. Most of the time it's just a lot of shocked looks from people. A lot of different reactions really though. I like when a guy will pass you by who thinks he's well conditioned and big and then they see this old fugger that puts them to shame. You can almost feel the embarassment. A lot of hater looks too.

Did some extra work today on Chest, lats and shoulders. I just did 5 tri-sets of incline db bench, pullups and wide barbell pullups. You'd be surprises how much this fuggin hurts. What a freakin pump!!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like an awesome workout! Yeah there is a lot of hateraide going one. However I like Katt Williams views on Haters. If you have 20 you need to figure out how to get 40 by summer... Means your doing something right.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sounds like an awesome workout! Yeah there is a lot of hateraide going one. However I like Katt Williams views on Haters. If you have 20 you need to figure out how to get 40 by summer... Means your doing something right.
Yes it's like a form of flattery when you analyze it. The more they hate the better you must be.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
oderint dum metuant.....let them hate so long as they fear:)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The humidity really has my joints screaming today. I can feel a lot of my old injuries. Hoping this clears up soon.

Here's a low carb day I am down to 200 150 100 250 100 cycle and 2800 cals...

Meal 1 Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Sugar
Grapefruit - Grapefruit - Large (4.5" Diameter) , 1 fruit 106 27 0 2 0 23
Giant Sports - Delicious Protein Chocolate, 3 Scoop 411 12 5 81 594 3

Meal 2
Blue Menu - Seasoned Turkey Breast , 2 can drained 180 0 2 40 460 0

Meal 3
Homemade Salad - Greens, Cucumbers, Peppers, etc, 4 cups 200 10 0 0 0 0
Generic - Oranges, Raw, California, Navel, 3 " (140 g.) 69 18 0 1 1 12
Generic - 6 oz Boneless, Cooked, Skinless Chicken Breast, 6 oz 276 0 6 52 67 0

Meal 4
Blue Menu - Seasoned Turkey Breast , 2 can drained 180 0 2 40 460 0

Meal 5
Beef - Ground, 95% lean meat / 5% fat, patty, cooked, broiled (hamburger), 3 patty ( yield from 1/4 lb raw meat ) 438 0 18 65 160 0
Homemade - Spicy Baked Sweet Potato Fries, 2 cups 169 29 5 2 399 0

Meal 6
Beef - Ground, 95% lean meat / 5% fat, patty, cooked, broiled (hamburger), 3 patty ( yield from 1/4 lb raw meat ) 438 0 18 65 160 0
Naturegg/Simply Egg Whites - All Whites 100% Liquid Egg Whites, 1 container (504 gs ea.) 240 0 0 56 800 0

Totals 2,707 96 56 404 3,101 38

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Wow 400 grams of protein, beast mode!

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wow 400 grams of protein, beast mode!
You have to allocate the cals somewhere, I want keep my fat steady at around 60 and lower carb days the protein has to to be high. I think it's a good idea anyways as protein syntheiss is high. I could probably move my fat back up to 70 but I wanted to be progressive across the board, or regressive more like.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You have to allocate the cals somewhere, I want keep my fat steady at around 60 and lower carb days the protein has to to be high. I think it's a good idea anyways as protein syntheiss is high. I could probably move my fat back up to 70 but I wanted to be progressive across the board, or regressive more like.
Yeah that is one way to do it for sure. Currently I am doing carb and caloric cycling. The protein and fats stay consistent no matter what and the carbs change which in turn also cycles the calories. Not that what I am doing is better or anything, more to the fact for general discussions sake. In my case the calories are not allocated when carb levels change but are instead removed. My lower carb days are on lower expenditure days so it makes sense for me. So many ways to skin a cat. Of course you definitely have to get more calories in than me since you tend to expend a lot more with all of your walking to and from work and the gym.

snagencyV2.0

Legend
Awards
^^ yes you are using different approach for sure..but, I am doing something similar of course
I prefer the cals to be more static myself, and move macros around..the only days my cals exceed daily totals, is on hi-carb days (~25-40% higher on total cals those days in comparison to static levels)
these higher days of course are more frequent at beginning of prep, but quickly are spaced out ie every three days, then 2x weekly (so every 3rd and 4th day), etc as I get further along and closer to show
the bigger difference between our methods chris is - I do not utilize what you call "free meals" thruout prep, only (rarely) at very beginning..i feel if you are moving your good nutrients around correctly and appropriately, and incorporating (quality) refeeds, there is no room for "cheat meals"

everyone has their own different way to do things tho

one thing I would advise for doug here is: more carbs/less protein

bean5er

bean5er

Awards
Agree. Understand the logic to a point but even on full blown gear there is no real need to to exceed 1.5-1.75g per lb bw.

I did the same until recently I keeps protein around 250-275 tops which leaves me more room for carbs whilst accomplishing the sane goal. Just my .02 is all

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah as of this week the free days are gone for me. The free days were actually during a period of trying to increase my metabolism fromnover dieting for a while amongst other things that had slowed it down to a crawl. This week 12 weeksnout is when the true cut begins abd free meeks are a thing of the past. Then I will get one day of 250 g of carbs a week and will be clean sources. My first oreo was pretty much the same calories throughout except 2 carb ups a week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Damn phone either corrects incorrectly or not at all. Try to translate that mess if you can. LOL

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ yes you are using different approach for sure..but, I am doing something similar of course
I prefer the cals to be more static myself, and move macros around..the only days my cals exceed daily totals, is on hi-carb days (~25-40% higher on total cals those days in comparison to static levels)
these higher days of course are more frequent at beginning of prep, but quickly are spaced out ie every three days, then 2x weekly (so every 3rd and 4th day), etc as I get further along and closer to show
the bigger difference between our methods chris is - I do not utilize what you call "free meals" thruout prep, only (rarely) at very beginning..i feel if you are moving your good nutrients around correctly and appropriately, and incorporating (quality) refeeds, there is no room for "cheat meals"

everyone has their own different way to do things tho

one thing I would advise for doug here is: more carbs/less protein
Yah the only thing I do a little different it I keep the cals steady even on high carb days, there may be a very minor increase but I generally attempt to stay within my target.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Oh yeah as of this week the free days are gone for me. The free days were actually during a period of trying to increase my metabolism fromnover dieting for a while amongst other things that had slowed it down to a crawl. This week 12 weeksnout is when the true cut begins abd free meeks are a thing of the past. Then I will get one day of 250 g of carbs a week and will be clean sources. My first oreo was pretty much the same calories throughout except 2 carb ups a week.
Same here I am one week behind and the true cut will begin on Saturday ...incidenlty I did some more pics but we seem to have lost the cord that connects to the computer... anywho I dropped a ton of water this weekend so I have cleaned up one heck of a lot. Plus I got prety big. I ended up 204.5 which is about a 10 lb total increase and I look a bit leaner there is no doubt of that.

I continue to get stronger and I have reduced to 2800 cals and carbs are down a bit more.

edje007

edje007

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sane gere I am one week behind and the true cut will begin on Saturday ...incidenlty I did some more pics but we seem to have lost the cord that connects to the computer... anywho I dropped a ton of water this weekend so I have cleaned up one heck of a lot. Plus I got prety big. I ended up 204.5 which is about a 10 lb total increase and I look a bit leaner there is no doubt of that.

I continue to get stronger and I have reduced to 2800 cals and carbs are down a bit more.
Find the damn cord;) we want pics

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Got some really good fish oil, it's flavored so I won't be taking caps. Progressive it's called good profile. Between the 550 the fish oil and Achilles I should be showing some good progress in the sore joint department. I believe the humid weather certainly made things worse.