The Journey Continues.......

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
What brand SSB do you have? I got the Elite FTS Yoke, it is 65, what a beast!!! I love it though!!!!
Not sure. My gym has it. It's heavier than a standard bar, so I've been going with it being 55. So I may be a bit off.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure. My gym has it. It's heavier than a standard bar, so I've been going with it being 55. So I may be a bit off.
As long as you know what you are adding to the bar you know when you are increasing right. Doesn't really matter much unless you end up using another bar that weighs more or less.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
As long as you know what you are adding to the bar you know when you are increasing right. Doesn't really matter much unless you end up using another bar that weighs more or less.
hell, even "standard" bars and plates don't weigh the same from gym to gym... I see it all the time when I travel that I'll go to a new gym and either get squished or blow away a pr ha. I know of a few places to go when I need an ego boost for sure ;)

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Bench
175x3
185x4x3
205x3
185x4x3

Bench with football bar
135x12, drop set to
115x12, drop set to
95x 12.
With each drop set moved grip in one set of handles

Machine side raises
70x5x15
Ss with
Overhead cable triceps ext
Weight unknown for 5 sets of 15

Landmine shoulder press
25lb plate x 3x 10

Ez bar front raises
30x3x15
Each set is 5 reps wide grip, 5 reps shoulder width, and 5 reps close grip

Lying db triceps ext
15x2x15
20x2x12
30x5

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
hell, even "standard" bars and plates don't weigh the same from gym to gym... I see it all the time when I travel that I'll go to a new gym and either get squished or blow away a pr ha. I know of a few places to go when I need an ego boost for sure ;)
I used to be a little anal about making sure plates matched on either side of the barbell. They needed to be the same brand if possible. I was worried about being uneven but the reality is you need to be strong in any situation. Those minor things you have to adjust too happen all the time. Trying to make things perfect doesn't make sense during training when you want things to be harder. Now I don't care if the brands are the same, or if they are even shaped the same way or anything. They both say 45lbs great! Put them on there!!!!!!!!!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Deadlifts
264x5x3
352x2
308 plus 80 lb in chains for 2 singles

https://www.instagram.com/p/BevnLAcHQxw/

Axle bar deadlifts
265x3x2

Leg ext
90x5x15
Ss with
Stand calf raises
5x15

Standing single leg leg curls
5x15

Db curls
20x3x15

Ez bar preacher curls
50x5x15
5 reps wide grip, 5 rep reg grip, 5 reps close each set

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Updates

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Stocked to have gotten a like by Brandon Lilly on my last post

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Nice where you lift at. Only problem I hate is that when I go home there are no good gyms in Houma
Lift at a place like half mile from.my house. It's called westbank athletic club.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Ohp
95x3x3
115x3x3
125x3
135x3x3

Incline bench press
135x2x5
165x2x5
135x8

Close grip incline bench press
95x10
115x2x8
135x2x5

Db bench
40x15
50x2x15

Ez bar overhead triceps ext
50x20
70x2x10
50x20

Cable flys
5x15

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How is weight coming along?

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Ssb squat to box
209x3x8

Front squat
132x3x8

Standing single Leg curl
3x6@ 50,60,70

35 min cardio.
Since I really want to hit this recomp hard. Plan is to dial back volume a tad bit and increase intensity. Keeping rest to minimal.
For company lifts basically catch my breath, and accessory work at 30 sec.
Also working in exploding off box.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Okay then... How are the measurements coming along?
Chest dropped 2 in. I put up progress pictures and measurements this past weekend.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Chest dropped 2 in. I put up progress pictures and measurements this past weekend.
If your chest dropped 2 inches I think the tape must have fallen down off of your lats or something. That would be a massive and alarming drop otherwise.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If your chest dropped 2 inches I think the tape must have fallen down off of your lats or something. That would be a massive and alarming drop otherwise.
holy cow yeah... no way you'd have lost 2" of just fat at that speed in that location...

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
holy cow yeah... no way you'd have lost 2" of just fat at that speed in that location...
Yea. I'm usually doing it myself and do my best to keep everything the same

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea. I'm usually doing it myself and do my best to keep everything the same
Carl actually helped me out with some pointers for this as I was having the same issues with consistency... use landmarks that don't move (i.e.tape across nipples/belly button/etc) to keep placement consistent. even if its not the "optimal" location, the reference will be consistent to ensure you get actual measurable progressions

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Carl actually helped me out with some pointers for this as I was having the same issues with consistency... use landmarks that don't move (i.e.tape across nipples/belly button/etc) to keep placement consistent. even if its not the "optimal" location, the reference will be consistent to ensure you get actual measurable progressions
My chest measurement can change based on shoulder position, if shoulders are a little forward lats pop out and boom it gets bigger. Having these lats makes it hard to get an accurate measurement. However I tend to be around 48 inches in general.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Yea. I always use nipples for chest

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea. I always use nipples for chest
The key though is getting it in the same place around your back, and you have some decent lats so being slightly off can change the measurement drastically. I try to level the tape at the same height under my arms first then take it across my chest.

I have a bit of fat under my pecs so I can't measure at the nipples because they are actually lower than my pecs are... I try to put the band across the lower pec portion, but at best I only get an average measurement this way as it is never exactly the same even if I do it right after.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Bench
155x3x8

Pause bench
8 singles at 155

Db row
70x4x8
Ss with
Incline db bench
60x4x8

Ring Pull ups
4x fail
Ss with
Db pullovers
40x4x12

Felt really good to be able to get back in the gym this week. After Monday of this week, got crazy busy with work and home. So very glad to hit it today.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Snatch
95x3
115x3x3

Power cleans
135x4x3
185 for a single for ****s and giggles

Trap bar deadlifts
225x3x8

35 min cardio

Haven't really committed to doing power cleans since high school, so really enjoyed putting them back in. And never worked in barbell snatches so.i enjoyed them also. But working those in slow since having the shoulder surgery back in July. Just trying to be careful.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Push press
135x3x5

Cg bench
155x3x5

Gaint set
Cable oh triceps ext
100x4x6
Cable side raises
15x4x10
Db curls
30x4x8

Gaint set
Behind neck press
85x4x8
Rev curl
60x4x8
Barbell shrugs
225x4x6

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Ssb squats
265x3x6

Front squats
3x6@135,185,205

Standing single leg Leg curls
70x3x6

Cardio. 40 min liss

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Doing some serious work in here brother. You might find that doing your snatches single handed with a DB or KB is much better for your shoulder. Not sure what you had done before but the snatch can be pretty rough on the catch portion if you have past shoulder injuries and it feels good with a barbell until it doesn't then something is messed up. Plus you would be doing 2 times the hinging movements with a DB to get all sets would be very beneficial in trying to expend more energy. Plus helps keep both sides in balance.

Just something to think about since your surgery isn't that long ago.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Doing some serious work in here brother. You might find that doing your snatches single handed with a DB or KB is much better for your shoulder. Not sure what you had done before but the snatch can be pretty rough on the catch portion if you have past shoulder injuries and it feels good with a barbell until it doesn't then something is messed up. Plus you would be doing 2 times the hinging movements with a DB to get all sets would be very beneficial in trying to expend more energy. Plus helps keep both sides in balance.

Just something to think about since your surgery isn't that long ago.
I have done some snatches with db in the past and even since my surgery but never with a barbell. And even the past workout they were really more of a muscle snatch.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I have done some snatches with db in the past and even since my surgery but never with a barbell. And even the past workout they were really more of a muscle snatch.
Got ya, those are fun too!!!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Figured it was time to fix my **** endurance. Not the most miles or fasted but it's 5 miles more than what I woke up with and a place to start.
IMG_20180213_123509_136.jpg

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Figured it was time to fix my **** endurance. Not the most miles or fasted but it's 5 miles more than what I woke up with and a place to start.View attachment 160068
Hey man it is impressive to see anyone go back into running and do more than a mile nonstop... I can't do a mile non-stop on the road right now... treadmill, yeah sure that is MUCH easier but a mile on the road... I need to work on that!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Hey man it is impressive to see anyone go back into running and do more than a mile nonstop... I can't do a mile non-stop on the road right now... treadmill, yeah sure that is MUCH easier but a mile on the road... I need to work on that!
That was the goal. Set a start pace and finish with same pace, slow jog but no walking.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
That was the goal. Set a start pace and finish with same pace, slow jog but no walking.
I am a sprinter, a good one at that. However my gait is that of a sprinter and it really does not translate well for distance running. That and I am just out of condition. Not sure running is the cure for me with my hip acting up. Might start doing some bike sprint intervals though. My legs fill up like balloons with them. It is unreal, plus the fat loss there is pretty intense when doing it 2-3 times a week.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
I am a sprinter, a good one at that. However my gait is that of a sprinter and it really does not translate well for distance running. That and I am just out of condition. Not sure running is the cure for me with my hip acting up. Might start doing some bike sprint intervals though. My legs fill up like balloons with them. It is unreal, plus the fat loss there is pretty intense when doing it 2-3 times a week.
I enjoy sprints much more, but my long-distance endurance is terrible, so figured I would work on it 2 or 3 times a week and then sprint 2 days a,week.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Very impressive either way. I need to take a pre-workout and just go get started doing some cardio while too amped up to sit down.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Bench
170x3x6
Pause bench
6 singles at 170

Db row
70x4x8
Ss with
Incline db bench
55x4x8

Pull ups
3xamrap
Ss with
Pullovers
3x12

So let's were a bit trashed from the run yesterday and had I massive headache set in halfway through training so cardio was a quick 4 mile bike. Good sweat though.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Power Snatch
115x4x3

Power clean
155x4x3

Snatch grip deadlifts
225 pkus 80 lb in chainsx3x3

3 mile run

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
cleans, jerks, and snatches are one area I've really never ventured into... just never saw much reason. how do you like them and what do you see as a the benefits?

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
cleans, jerks, and snatches are one area I've really never ventured into... just never saw much reason. how do you like them and what do you see as a the benefits?
So far so good. And working on explosive hip movements. Mainly hoping to translate into quicker and more powerful tackling for rugby next year.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Shoulder development is unreal as they hit the explosive nature of the shoulder that is often overlooked. Other than that it specifically trains explosiveness which improves performance and overall force production. They make your dead lifts explode too!!!! Any Olympic lift with an explosive hinge will bump your deads up. Oh yeah upper back and Yoke get a lot out of it as well.

Olympic Lifter Delts = DAYUM!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Shoulder development is unreal as they hit the explosive nature of the shoulder that is often overlooked. Other than that it specifically trains explosiveness which improves performance and overall force production. They make your dead lifts explode too!!!! Any Olympic lift with an explosive hinge will bump your deads up. Oh yeah upper back and Yoke get a lot out of it as well.

Olympic Lifter Delts = DAYUM!!!
Sounds like I may need to practice up when I start doing my own thing again! Delts are forever small ha

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if you were in my log when I first started doing the athletic workouts incorporating them but my shoulders grew more at that time than I remember any other. Even compared to starting Meadows type shoulder stuff which says a lot.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Not sure if you were in my log when I first started doing the athletic workouts incorporating them but my shoulders grew more at that time than I remember any other. Even compared to starting Meadows type shoulder stuff which says a lot.
No I don't think I was following along in your log at that time or I may have missed. Around what dates was it and I will go back and have a peaky peak.

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
No I don't think I was following along in your log at that time or I may have missed. Around what dates was it and I will go back and have a peaky peak.
It would have been about 1.5 years ago. Basicallyt I signed on for Zach Even-esh's Garage Gym Gladiator online coaching and was doing his workout. Man I loved that stuff. Plan on going back to more of something like that once my elbow is feeling up to it. I stayed healthier but going into explosive training and near maximal efforts on some other things with an injury isn't a good idea. Now if healthy it is a great way to stay that way. I think it is 10 dollars a month now on Trainheroic now. I think you would love it man. You should check it out. He does 2-3 week blocks conjugate method, either full body or upper lower split depending and you do all kinds of stuff. The big 3, Oly lifts, sprinting, sled work, weighted carries, body weight stuff, sprinting you name it!

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
It would have been about 1.5 years ago. Basicallyt I signed on for Zach Even-esh's Garage Gym Gladiator online coaching and was doing his workout. Man I loved that stuff. Plan on going back to more of something like that once my elbow is feeling up to it. I stayed healthier but going into explosive training and near maximal efforts on some other things with an injury isn't a good idea. Now if healthy it is a great way to stay that way. I think it is 10 dollars a month now on Trainheroic now. I think you would love it man. You should check it out. He does 2-3 week blocks conjugate method, either full body or upper lower split depending and you do all kinds of stuff. The big 3, Oly lifts, sprinting, sled work, weighted carries, body weight stuff, sprinting you name it!
Awesome i will look into it.

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Couple pictures from this morning. Weight is still holding around 220.
20180217_081041.jpg
20180217_081117.jpg

SilentSavage0523

Awards
  • Established
Push press
145x3x5

Cg bench
3x5@ 165, 175, 185

Gaint set
Db oh triceps ext
4x6@70, 75, 80,80