The Best Insulin Mimicker?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
3 caps 60-100g carbs & 1 cap anything less than 60 :)

And they say u can even use up to 6 caps a day, I've seen a user go as high as 9
for pumps.... you want 1 cap per 60-70g carbs.

2 caps over 100 carbs.

you should be taking 2 caps 3x a day. 3 caps 2x a day works just as good if your eating huge meals.

ive used up to 24 on refeed days.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what exactly the benefit of taking it before cardio?.....could i take it before my mid day cardio which i follow with a meal and get better fat burning effects? would it make u go hypo?
Taking it before cardio= lowering your blood sugar (gda) so your body burns stored fat as fuel instead of stored glycogen (carbs). No hypo here.. One An pump 20 mins pre cardio or need2slin. Will do the same with slin sane as well
benefit pre cardio doesnt come from lower sugar. Its from represses PPARy, increased AMPK, increased CPT1, increased PPARa.

All these enhance fat burning, and total body energy expenditure
Too add to what SSbackwards posted on some GDAs ability to activate AMPk....

PMID: 17292731
"These findings suggest that berberine increases glucose uptake through a mechanism distinct from insulin, and activated adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase seems to be involved in the metabolic effect of berberine.”

PMID: 16873688
"Strikingly, berberine acutely stimulated AMPK activity in both myotubes and adipocytes in vitro, contributing to enhanced GLUT4 translocation in myotubes and reduced lipid mass in adipocytes"

PMID: 17049164
"berberine-stimulated glucose uptake does not vary as insulin concentration increases... The effects of berberine are not a result of pro-oxidant action, but a consequence of an increased cellular AMP:ATP ratio... These results suggest that berberine circumvents insulin signaling pathways and stimulates glucose uptake through the AMP-AMPK-p38 MAPK pathway"

"Berberine downregulated the expression of genes involved in lipogenesis and upregulated those involved in energy expenditure in adipose tissue and muscle. Berberine treatment resulted in increased AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes, increased GLUT4 translocation in L6 cells in a phosphatidylinositol 3' kinase-independent manner, and reduced lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings suggest that berberine displays beneficial effects in the treatment of diabetes and obesity at least in part via stimulation of AMPK activity"

As you can see I am a big fan of berberine, especially pre-fasted training. Anabolic pump is what I use pre-fasted training. Recompadrol with ALA is what I use prior to my meals.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Does it work with all carbs or just if you're eating clean, complex carbs?
Good question, from what I was told is complex carbs because it's takes longer for those to digest and it absorbs them in intestines.... Not sure about the simple carbs because they say they absorb in te stomach but I'll wait for a sciencest to chime in.
the mechanisms are activated no matter what kind of carbohydrate your ingesting. di saccharides, oligo saccharides, and poly saccharides will be blocked. how much all depends on how high you dose specific ingredients.

keep in mind a main selling point of these products are increased energy expenditure.

They are excellent while bulking to prevent leptin resistance and insulin resistance, which is why on them you dont gain as much fat and have cleaner energy.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
josh,

you forgot berberines ability to reduce cortisol!!!

excellent ingredient.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too add to what SSbackwards posted on some GDAs ability to activate AMPk....

PMID: 17292731
"These findings suggest that berberine increases glucose uptake through a mechanism distinct from insulin, and activated adenosine monophosphate-activated protein kinase seems to be involved in the metabolic effect of berberine."

"Strikingly, berberine acutely stimulated AMPK activity in both myotubes and adipocytes in vitro, contributing to enhanced GLUT4 translocation in myotubes and reduced lipid mass in adipocytes"

PMID: 17049164
"berberine-stimulated glucose uptake does not vary as insulin concentration increases... The effects of berberine are not a result of pro-oxidant action, but a consequence of an increased cellular AMP:ATP ratio... These results suggest that berberine circumvents insulin signaling pathways and stimulates glucose uptake through the AMP-AMPK-p38 MAPK pathway"

"Berberine downregulated the expression of genes involved in lipogenesis and upregulated those involved in energy expenditure in adipose tissue and muscle. Berberine treatment resulted in increased AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) activity in 3T3-L1 adipocytes and L6 myotubes, increased GLUT4 translocation in L6 cells in a phosphatidylinositol 3' kinase-independent manner, and reduced lipid accumulation in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. These findings suggest that berberine displays beneficial effects in the treatment of diabetes and obesity at least in part via stimulation of AMPK activity"

As you can see I am a big fan of berberine, especially pre-fasted training. Anabolic pump is what I use pre-fasted training. Recompadrol with ALA is what I use prior to my meals.
Damn good post.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
josh,

you forgot berberines ability to reduce cortisol!!!

excellent ingredient.
Reference?

Yes berberine is an outstanding ingredient!!

Not only is it effective for glucose homeostasis and has the ability to activate AMPk (which may help ensure fatty acids are oxidized to provide energy during a fasted workout) but also has other potential health benefits such as anti-inflammatory activity along with a potential anti-proliferative effect on cancer cells. (PMID: 2122945 & PMID: 14732220)

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What about dosing either with a meal or 20 min before?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Dosing with a meal is fine for things like corosolic acidPPARy attenuation takes 30 minutes. For ACL inhibition the studies show an hour works best

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dosing with a meal is fine for things like corosolic acidPPARy attenuation takes 30 minutes. For ACL inhibition the studies show an hour works best
Would u mind expanding a bit?

Dosimg for anabolic pump, slin sane and need2slin?

I usually take 15-20 mins pre meal/fasted cRdio for all of the above..

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another big ? I've been thinking about is If I use a gda like AP, SS, n2s... Wait 15-20 then take something like cheaters (a fat/carb blocker) or white kidney extract , chitosan, etc... Will the carbs still be utilized/shuttled or blocked by the latter supplements? Or maybe a little bit of both?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another big ? I've been thinking about is If I use a gda like AP, SS, n2s... Wait 15-20 then take something like cheaters (a fat/carb blocker) or white kidney extract , chitosan, etc... Will the carbs still be utilized/shuttled or blocked by the latter supplements? Or maybe a little bit of both?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Another question.
Are the effects of recompadrol still present for a few hours.

I read it can still work for 4-6 hours after u take it; How true is that?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established

For AP, 30 minutes

for NeedtoSlin, honestly you can take it with a meal or 30 minutes before. the NA-rALA works at any time.

slinsane, 5 minutes prior. I dont know what SS contains as far as the extract if its corosolic acid or tannins or both. if just corosolic acid then 5 minutes if its tannins 30 minutes, and if its both then 30 minutes.

more then likely a little of both. you may have stomach distress.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established

To expand id have to find the journal article i saw it in. they used western blot analysis to determine the times of adipocyte differentiation and maximum suppression of PPARy

Another question.
Are the effects of recompadrol still present for a few hours.

I read it can still work for 4-6 hours after u take it; How true is that?
yes its about 4 hours for most ingredients. however... take 1 pre cardio, and then one pre meal.

HCA lasts 22 days after cessation for keeping weight off studies show, and vanadyl sensitivity last a while as well, a few weeks.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^ great stuff.. Unfortunately I can't rep from am mobile :(

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Does it matter taking it with or w/o meal.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
For things with ppary activity 30 minutes minimum60 minutes maximum

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
what bout glycobol i usualy take it right before i eat?

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
cool thank u! and what woudl u say is the max dose u can get away with with 1 cap.....60g?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
cool thank u! and what woudl u say is the max dose u can get away with with 1 cap.....60g?
Some carbs will get absorbed regardless

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
im jsut trying to get my bottle to go as far as it can and on my moderate carb day i only do two main carb meals...one 55 g and one 60 g, i was htinking of only doing one cap with those meals from now on

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
for glycobol i honesty took 1 per every slice of pizza, i ate... had like 5. destroyed my stomach never would do that again. just as a reference for how i dose these products, they arent usual doses by any means

i would use 1 cap per 35g.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
the reason i base recompadrol on 1 cap per 60-70g carbs is due to the OGTT used for corosolic acid. 75g i thing were used for the OGTT for corosolic acid 5 minutes prior to a meal, and results an hour and a half later were back to normal.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got my bottle of Recompadrol in the mail today!! Can't wait to start it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Got my bottle of Recompadrol in the mail today!! Can't wait to start it.

Damn that was quick!
I know today 30 minutes after my dose I ate.
Fell rock hard and looked full...

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn that was quick!
I know today 30 minutes after my dose I ate.
Fell rock hard and looked full...
It took about 5-6 days. Hope it was worth the wait and money.

mkretz

mkretz

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
for glycobol i honesty took 1 per every slice of pizza, i ate... had like 5. destroyed my stomach never would do that again. just as a reference for how i dose these products, they arent usual doses by any means

i would use 1 cap per 35g.
1 cap for 35...seems kinda low.....i got a shakewith 55 g in the morning, debating to do one or two lol

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
1 cap for 35...seems kinda low.....i got a shakewith 55 g in the morning, debating to do one or two lol
Try 1 cap with the shake and then the next morning take 2 and see which works better.

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I thought about need 2 slin but honestly I've heard better things about Recompadrol.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I thought about need 2 slin but honestly I've heard better things about Recompadrol.

I want to try Need2Slin next...
Any1 have a profile for need2slin?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I want to try all of them, to compare. But the one with the most positive feedback i like to try first.
Have u ever used any GDAs before?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
tat dos look real solid but ill wait for a deal
U figure though if u get 25% off that 50 or so odd $$, I think you get plenty caps :)