The AnabolicMinds 100,000 Rep Squat Challenge!!!!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Man!

It's ****ing squat nation up in this bitch!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Max effort squats

3x5 with bar
2x5 with 135
1X5 225
1x3 275
Four more warm-up singles
3X2 work sets
3X3 pauses
3X15 hacks (conservative estimate)

97 squats,

5901 New total

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Does squatting to go to the bathroom count? ;)

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Got a nice day to relax and recover yesterday, so I could crush my leg day. Did all of my typical leg day stuff plus added on squats. Will break it down in my log.
1,000 Back squats
300 Zercher squats
300 Barbel hack squats
300 Front squats
100 Overhead squats
=2,000
5901 + 2,000 = 7,901

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Got a nice day to relax and recover yesterday, so I could crush my leg day. Did all of my typical leg day stuff plus added on squats. Will break it down in my log. 1,000 Back squats 300 Zercher squats 300 Barbel hack squats 300 Front squats 100 Overhead squats =2,000 5720 + 2,000 = 7,720
2000 squats in a day, that's insane.
Edit: what weight do you use for that much volume, especially on back squats

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
After you get familiar with the pain it gets easy. Lol. Messed up on the calculation tho didn't see this page. 225.
Ok, good to know that it does get easier, lol...

Really? 2000 squats?! Wow!!
I noticed that after I performed my 540 bit, I dropped 4 lbs! Even though I ate 6 doughnuts and LOTS of other bad a$$ goodies post workout... Kinda made me nervous, lol.....

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Ok, good to know that it does get easier, lol...

Really? 2000 squats?! Wow!!
I noticed that after I performed my 540 bit, I dropped 4 lbs! Even though I ate 6 doughnuts and LOTS of other bad a$$ goodies post workout... Kinda made me nervous, lol.....
I'm sure that many squats burns a **** load of calories.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Ok, good to know that it does get easier, lol... Really? 2000 squats?! Wow!! I noticed that after I performed my 540 bit, I dropped 4 lbs! Even though I ate 6 doughnuts and LOTS of other bad a$$ goodies post workout... Kinda made me nervous, lol.....
DOMS is setting in now haha..
Yeah I noticed that as well.. I haven't been eating total junk but I have been eating what seems like above my maintenance and still losing weight lol

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DOMS is setting in now haha.. Yeah I noticed that as well.. I haven't been eating total junk but I have been eating what seems like above my maintenance and still losing weight lol
Hats off to u my friend!
I noticed u did the front n overhead squat too...
By doing those in my lil fun sesh on Thursday , it put me outta commission for my Fridays shoulder n back sesh...there was just no way I could've been productive. I did however get it done yesterday, which was my scheduled day off, lol...
So if I did want to continue this 500/week squat challenge, I'd have to change some things around...
I might do this for 6 weeks just to c what kind of gains I get...
I might post a booty progress pic after 6 weeks, lol....
:)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hats off to u my friend! I noticed u did the front n overhead squat too... By doing those in my lil fun sesh on Thursday , it put me outta commission for my Fridays shoulder n back sesh...there was just no way I could've been productive. I did however get it done yesterday, which was my scheduled day off, lol... So if I did want to continue this 500/week squat challenge, I'd have to change some things around... I might do this for 6 weeks just to c what kind of gains I get... I might post a booty progress pic after 6 weeks, lol.... :)
In for booty progress haha

DangerBrain

Awards
Well I got a measly 50 BBS in today 5x5 warm up 5x5x195
7901+50=7951

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My 110lb girlfriend just came over n I did 4 squats with her on my shoulders!
That was fun!
I guess more exercise does cure DOMS, lol....

7955!
;)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My 110lb girlfriend just came over n I did 4 squats with her on my shoulders! That was fun! I guess more exercise does cure DOMS, lol.... 7955! ;)
Haha those are harder then way higher wt bb ones... So tough to balance a person. Kudos :)
Should've snapped a pic of that one for extra credit

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha those are harder then way higher wt bb ones... So tough to balance a person. Kudos :) Should've snapped a pic of that one for extra credit
Yes, I had my arms up holding her hands...
Lil unbalanced cause she was making me laugh.
We did it close to a wall just in case, lol...
That was a Kodak moment indeed!
Next time I will b sure to have someone there to take a pic...
;)

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My 110lb girlfriend just came over n I did 4 squats with her on my shoulders!
That was fun!
I guess more exercise does cure DOMS, lol....

7955!
;)
Yes, I had my arms up holding her hands...
Lil unbalanced cause she was making me laugh.
We did it close to a wall just in case, lol...
That was a Kodak moment indeed!
Next time I will b sure to have someone there to take a pic...
;)
That would make for a kick-a** video.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yes, I had my arms up holding her hands... Lil unbalanced cause she was making me laugh. We did it close to a wall just in case, lol... That was a Kodak moment indeed! Next time I will b sure to have someone there to take a pic... ;)
Girl on girl squats... Every gym rat's fantasy

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Bb Back Squats: paused....wish total time counted lol 24reps
Front Squats: 60reps
Total reps: 84

7955+84=8039 New Total!!!

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bb Back Squats: paused....wish total time counted lol 24reps Front Squats: 60reps Total reps: 84 7955+84=8039 New Total!!!
I wish there was a way to make front squat less painful on the shoulders...( I cross my arms)..
I love how comfortable the movement is with the bar being in front but it sure bruises the crap out of my shoulders....
I know my traps got used to the back squat...
Now I'm wondering if its possible to get used to the front squat....
Maybe I'm holding the bar in a wrong spot, hm..

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wish there was a way to make front squat less painful on the shoulders...( I cross my arms)..
I love how comfortable the movement is with the bar being in front but it sure bruises the crap out of my shoulders....
I cannot cross my arms and keep my elbows from lowering, but I just flip my wrist on backward like in the catch position of my clean lifts and Its never an issue. Im sure it could be one day. When crossing your arms does the bar press into your throat much?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Front Squat Bar Holding: http://youtu.be/3mb0Y2HA1qI

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I cannot cross my arms and keep my elbows from lowering, but I just flip my wrist on backward like in the catch position of my clean lifts and Its never an issue. Im sure it could be one day. When crossing your arms does the bar press into your throat much?

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doesn't touch the throat. It's about an inch from my chin..

juniorab

juniorab

Awards
I like using the wrist strap version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVTkbggmxR0

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's probably part of the problem right there, it should be pressed up against the throat.
Ok, do I bring the shoulders forward a bit?
I guess I will c what it feels like with bar pressed against my throat like it should b...

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, do I bring the shoulders forward a bit?
I guess I will c what it feels like with bar pressed against my throat like it should b...
I usually do mine with a clean grip, so the shoulders are already forward.

So with a crossed grip you have to press them out to create the 'pocket'.

Here's a video of me doing them (from a few months back). : http://youtu.be/YCAbUp-gRKQ

Like I said, I use a clean grip so it already forces the shoulders forward to create the pocket. To do it with a crossed grip (which I don't prefer because most people tend to drop their elbows with a crossed grip) you have to make sure to press the shoulders forward and then flex at the elbow to grab the bar so that the bar has a place to rest.

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I usually do mine with a clean grip, so the shoulders are already forward. So with a crossed grip you have to press them out to create the 'pocket'. Here's a video of me doing them (from a few months back). : http://youtu.be/YCAbUp-gRKQ Like I said, I use a clean grip so it already forces the shoulders forward to create the pocket. To do it with a crossed grip (which I don't prefer because most people tend to drop their elbows with a crossed grip) you have to make sure to press the shoulders forward and then flex at the elbow to grab the bar so that the bar has a place to rest.
Thank u!
I will get someone to snap a pic next time I try...
Great help guys, thanx again!

turff49

turff49

Awards
Interesting on the strap method. Will have to give that a try. Never had a problem with the cross arm method but elbows do start dropping as I go heavier.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank u!
I will get someone to snap a pic next time I try...
Great help guys, thanx again!
Work on forearm flexibility as well. You ideally want a closed grip on the BB when doing front squat. Also, it can be helpful to imagine a shoe box in between your arms to help with spacing and obviously elbows up

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
8139+70 hack squats (10xfst-7)= 8209

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Work on forearm flexibility as well. You ideally want a closed grip on the BB when doing front squat. Also, it can be helpful to imagine a shoe box in between your arms to help with spacing and obviously elbows up
Never heard of the shoebox cue, but definitely could see it being beneficial

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welp, looks like this will be wrapped up before my leg workout Thursday! People killing it in here.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Welp, looks like this will be wrapped up before my leg workout Thursday! People killing it in here.
We'll startup another one ;)

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Today is my leg day.....its tempting to be the one to hit 10,000!