Testosterone Cypionate Dosing Intervals

steve999

Awards
I switched from HCG monotherapy to weekly testosterone cypionate injections (100 units) a few weeks ago. Testosterone went up with the HCG, but so did estrogen levels, so my doctor wanted to run with the testosterone cypionate for awhile.

I've been injecting the testosterone cypionate on Wednesday evenings. Effects are much more noticeable than what I experienced on HCG. Libido is much higher through about Sunday, when things seem to drop off quite a bit.

Are most folks doing weekly testosterone cypionate injections, or are they injecting multiple times during the week? If the latter, at what intervals?

rick055

Awards
  • Established
I switched from HCG monotherapy to weekly testosterone cypionate injections (100 units) a few weeks ago. Testosterone went up with the HCG, but so did estrogen levels, so my doctor wanted to run with the testosterone cypionate for awhile.

I've been injecting the testosterone cypionate on Wednesday evenings. Effects are much more noticeable than what I experienced on HCG. Libido is much higher through about Sunday, when things seem to drop off quite a bit.

Are most folks doing weekly testosterone cypionate injections, or are they injecting multiple times during the week? If the latter, at what intervals?
I think most are dosing test cyp once weekly. A protocol pioneered by Dr. John calls for adding in a little hCG on days 5 and 6 (ie the two days prior to the shot), both to help maintain endogenous production of testosterone (and all the things the "boys" make) and make up for that taper.

http://www.allthingsmale.com/publications.html

Is your local practitioner open minded?

steve999

Awards
A protocol pioneered by Dr. John calls for adding in a little hCG on days 5 and 6 (ie the two days prior to the shot), both to help maintain endogenous production of testosterone (and all the things the "boys" make) and make up for that taper.
Yeah, I've seen that schedule for testosterone cypionate + HCG. On Janz's long thread, there's also this schedule for bi-weekly testosterone cypionate shots + HCG:

Day 1: testosterone shot AM
Day 2: HCG shot PM
Day 3: HCG shot PM
Day 4: testosterone shot PM
Day 5: no shots
Day 6: HCG shot AM
Day 7: HCG shot AM

Long term I'll probably switch to a combination of testosterone cypionate + HCG as I did see some good results with HCG alone. But right now, I'm just wondering how many folks on testosterone cypionate alone dose multiple times per week.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I do (HCG + T) shots on EOD schedule.
One day HCG shot
nex day T-shot
repeat

I use these needles for both of my shots:
http://hocks.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=HOP&Product_Code=4724316&Product_Count=&Category_Code=
BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box

I do this for over 2 years, my blood results are as expected.
Since August 2008 I do not have to use Arimidex.
Aramidex=LiquiDex=Anastrozole have to be used when need but actually they are bad news, nobody is able to have steady E2 levels without frequent blood testing and dose adjustment.
Always chasing a tail.

FriendlyMachine on Meso board have a thread about his positive experience when doing both (HCG + T) shots every day.

Mike at dr John's board reported that he is happy with my schedule.
The secret is in using small needles.
My Goals
DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL
Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL
DHT(60-90)ng/dL
FreeT3~400pg/dL
Body temperature (97.8° - 98.2°F) (36.56° - 36.78°C); (36.6-37C)(97.9-98.6F)

MuscleOlogist

MuscleOlogist

Awards
I think most are dosing test cyp once weekly. A protocol pioneered by Dr. John calls for adding in a little hCG on days 5 and 6 (ie the two days prior to the shot), both to help maintain endogenous production of testosterone (and all the things the "boys" make) and make up for that taper.

Is your local practitioner open minded?
Great link. Never thought of doing this.

steve999

Awards
I do (HCG + T) shots on EOD schedule.
One day HCG shot
nex day T-shot
repeat

I use these needles for both of my shots:

BD Ultrafine II U-100 Insulin Syringe 31 Gauge 1cc 5/16inch Short Needle 100/box
That seems like a logical approach for a combination of testosterone cypionate + HCG. Probably keeps testosterone levels fairly even. I feel a lot better with the testosterone cypionate compared to HCG alone, but I don't like the unbalanced weekly cycle.

Daily injections would be a minor inconvenience, but not so bad with a small gauge needle, plus injection volume would be reduced.

5/16 seems fine for HCG subcutaneous injections, but is that sufficient length for intramuscular injections?

steve999

Awards
5/16 seems fine for HCG subcutaneous injections, but is that sufficient length for intramuscular injections?
Bump for my last question. . . .

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
That seems like a logical approach for a combination of testosterone cypionate + HCG. Probably keeps testosterone levels fairly even. I feel a lot better with the testosterone cypionate compared to HCG alone, but I don't like the unbalanced weekly cycle.

Daily injections would be a minor inconvenience, but not so bad with a small gauge needle, plus injection volume would be reduced.

I do this 31Ga 5/16" long needles
for over 2 years now.
Blood test results are as expected (in a good way).
Since Aug08 I do not have to use AI.
Level test is conducive to lover E2

There is a FriendlyMachine on meso board
and
Mike on dr John board using these needle and liking it.

I also got few "closet users" sending me PM, they do not want their name to become public due to a peer pressure.

You have to do what feels right to you, check you results, go from there.

Good luck.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I do this 31Ga 5/16" long needles
for over 2 years now.
Blood test results are as expected (in a good way).
Since Aug08 I do not have to use AI.
Level test is conducive to lover E2

There is a FriendlyMachine on meso board
and
Mike on dr John board using these needle and liking it.

I also got few "closet users" sending me PM, they do not want their name to become public due to a peer pressure.

You have to do what feels right to you, check you results, go from there.

Good luck.

So you are going IM? Or are you going sub-q with your T shots? What body parts are you administering?

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
So you are going IM? Or are you going sub-q with your T shots? What body parts are you administering?
When using this small needles you have to forget the IM and SubQ names and their supposed action.

As long as you believe that IM does this, and subQ does that, you are not ready for those needles.

All body parts are fair game, except eyballs, bones, cartilage, testicles.
Just do not pick one square inch, pick larger (convenient) area.
Use only one hand to do the shot, keep the other hand in the pocket.
Do not touch your body with the other hand.

The only thing that counts are results of blood test, do not tell me how you feel, and give good two months, better 3 months to see results.

================================================
My own Goals
DHEAs(500-640)mcg/dL------------------major player, 95% time overlooked
Progesterone(0.9-1.2)ng/mL
Pregnenolone(> 100ng/dL)
Estradiol, Ultrasensitive(25-29)pg/mL
Estrone, LC/MS/MS (23244X)
BATest(342, 460-575)ng/dL------------stay around 342 if you need AI to control E2
DHT(60-90)ng/dL
FreeT3~400pg/dL
Body temperature (97.8° - 98.2°F) (36.56° - 36.78°C); (36.6-37C)(97.9-98.6F)
================================================================
/

rick055

Awards
  • Established
Bump for my last question. . . .
Jan is a believer (and living proof) that 5/16 can maintain steady levels for him.

I believe most feel 1" (what I use) to be minimum for thigh.

On the schedule you posted earlier, what's the rationale for switching am and pm? How does that affect things?

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
When using this small needles you have to forget the IM and SubQ names and their supposed action.

As long as you believe that IM does this, and subQ does that, you are not ready for those needles.
I was just curious as to weather you considered what you are doing IM or Sub q.

I understand what your saying, and you can't argue with results. Just wanted to make sure i was on the same page as you.

JanSz

JanSz

Awards
  • Established
I was just curious as to weather you considered what you are doing IM or Sub q.

I understand what your saying, and you can't argue with results. Just wanted to make sure i was on the same page as you.
Please do not get hung on the name, that may cause lots of unnecessary associations.

Here is what I do.

I exposure area where I want to shoot in, rub it with an alcohol swab.
With one hand only I touch the skin with tip of the needle and then push thru until tip of syringe touches the skin.
I push additional about 1/4".
Press plunger, wait until syringe is empty.
---------------------------------------------

If we think of a skin as a level Horizontal surface, when syringe is inserted, angle measured on acute side, between syringe and a skin is (30-90) degree.

Bottom of computer screen=horizontal line
Side of screen is where syringe is when it is at 90degree angle.
It can be either there or can be rotated anywhere but no more than 60 degree of the vertical.
-------------------
I will have to draw a picture so I can post it, this question comes up frequently.

steve999

Awards
I had some of the smaller needles left over from my HCG injections, so I tried one for my last testosterone cypionate injection a few days ago. Around the same time I started taking a DHEA supplement.

Libido is dramatically reduced compared to my earlier three (weekly) testosterone cypionate injections into my thigh using much longer needles.

Since I changed two things around the same time, it's hard to say what caused the subjectively poor results.

I'll go back to the longer needles for my next testosterone cypionate injection and see what happens.