taurine powder fail

letsdoitfool

Awards
i have premium powder taurine that supposed to come with a scooper but it didn't, and yes i grabbed a chopstick and searched.
Now my question is how do i measure it? 1 scoop is 5g
please help fast im dieing of back pumps hahaha

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
A slightly rounded teaspoon full is going to be about 5 grams.

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
Back pumps suck as do calf cramps. I've had the best luck splitting the taurine up. 3g earlier in the day, 2g in the evening. But, you may be different. Experiment with it and see what works best for you.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
If you're going to deal with bulk powders, get a scale. They aren't expensive and you'd be surprised how often scoop sizes can be wrong.

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
If you're going to deal with bulk powders, get a scale. They aren't expensive and you'd be surprised how often scoop sizes can be wrong.
Yeah this, but a little extra taurine here and there never hurt

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My creatine scoop is 5 grams. I use that for other things as well. If you have creatine mono with a 5 gram scoop use that.

letsdoitfool

Awards
thanks for the quick response guys! just found an old creatine scooper to use. Didn't expect back pumps only a few days into epi

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure it's been said but drink water like crazy. On cycle and especially since you are training hard (or should be) I would drink a minimum of .75oz per lb of body weight or more every day. Watch for anything else in your diet or supplements that may be dehydrating you also.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
My creatine scoop is 5 grams. I use that for other things as well. If you have creatine mono with a 5 gram scoop use that.

Maybe I having a blonde moment, but I don't think 1 scoop that equals 5g of one powder will necessarily equal 5g for a different powder.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Maybe I having a blonde moment, but I don't think 1 scoop that equals 5g of one powder will necessarily equal 5g for a different powder.
Of course it's not going to be the same. The density of the powders are going to be different based on the type of powder, batch, and other variables.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's true. I guess I didn't really consider that.

letsdoitfool

Awards
wow okay that makes sense. off to buy a scale i guess

specmike

specmike

Awards
  • Established
If it was me, I would not spend the money on a scale only for taurine. If you need it for other things, that's fine but all you really need to do is verify what works to relieve your symptoms. You can do with a couple of days of trial and error. It's not like you are going to OD on it .

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If it was me, I would not spend the money on a scale only for taurine. If you need it for other things, that's fine but all you really need to do is verify what works to relieve your symptoms. You can do with a couple of days of trial and error. It's not like you are going to OD on it .
Scale is around $20....He can use it for other bulk powders if he wants to, so why not?. I could see if it was some sort of huge investment, but $20 won't make or break most people.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
You'd be surprised how often even protein powders aren't accurate.