Tank Running MR Keto Salt (sponsored)

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Ha sounds like the start of one of my good old eating nights .. !! Well minus the mangos and strawberries.. lol
On breaking keto, they always recommend starting with fruit....dunno why exactly.....something to do with glycogen and liver and onions or something.....
And I like it.;)

Oh, I forgot that I had 2 slices of pie...one chocolate mousse and one cherry cheese....I just had to have pie

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did you weigh yourself to see how much you gained from glycogen?

That was a lot of fat mixed in with all of that. No wonder you are in a major food fog and weren't able to keep on feeding. Too much fat during a carb refeed can make it harder to get in all the carbs you are trying too because of the higher level of satiation. Higher amounts of fats tell the bolus sphincter going into the small intestines to contract and restrict the flow of food into the intestines, intentionally slowing digestion to improve digestion quality.

I normally feel rough for a day or too after a day of eating like that. How are you feeling today?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
On breaking keto, they always recommend starting with fruit....dunno why exactly.....something to do with glycogen and liver and onions or something.....
And I like it.;)

Oh, I forgot that I had 2 slices of pie...one chocolate mousse and one cherry cheese....I just had to have pie
Probably to replenish the liver glycogen first and get insulin levels up with that first to prime for the starchy carbs entering the system. On that note though I probably would not start with strawberries, they are very low in sugar compared to other fruits considering the volume / size of them. however if they are your favorite then screw it and eat em up!!!!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Did you weigh yourself to see how much you gained from glycogen?

That was a lot of fat mixed in with all of that. No wonder you are in a major food fog and weren't able to keep on feeding. Too much fat during a carb refeed can make it harder to get in all the carbs you are trying too because of the higher level of satiation. Higher amounts of fats tell the bolus sphincter going into the small intestines to contract and restrict the flow of food into the intestines, intentionally slowing digestion to improve digestion quality.

I normally feel rough for a day or too after a day of eating like that. How are you feeling today?
I'm up about 6 lbs since yesterday morning, but alot should be plain water bloat.
About the fat intake - I refeed carbs so infrequently, once I do it I can't do it ritualisticly with rice and oats, etc. I just eat.
As usual I had extremely painful muscle cramps all night.
But today is a new day. Had some coconut oil/whey/coffee and feel better already!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm up about 6 lbs since yesterday morning, but alot should be plain water bloat.
About the fat intake - I refeed carbs so infrequently, once I do it I can't do it ritualisticly with rice and oats, etc. I just eat.
As usual I had extremely painful muscle cramps all night.
But today is a new day. Had some coconut oil/whey/coffee and feel better already!
A little supercharged coffee eh... good stuff. I have had it that way but have not tried the Bullet Proof with coffee and butter. Right now to start my morning with a little fat I am just using good old Heavy Whipping Cream!!!

As far as the reload, I was definitely not suggesting a "clean refeed" just choosing items with less fat. IE... Pop Tarts, Sweet Cereals, Sherbert, Gummy Bears, white bread, rice cereal, maple syrup, brown rice syrup, and stuff like that. Makes it easy as all get out to get in over 1000grams in a day like that. Oh yeah, it is also one of the only times I drink fruit juices. Now I make sure to get plenty of starches as well and will do things like making a big thing of low fat rice pudding and eat throughout the day as well. Stuff like that. Oh and there is the pineapple & Habenero sauce I like to use over a big bowl of rice that makes it out of this world!!!! Like a spicy sweet treat!

Of course either pizza, or sushi are always in the lineup for any refeed for me!!! I just tend to save them until later in the day so I don't get satiated until late in the day. However normally easy digestion is one of the main factors for me when carbing up.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Day 1 - bloated 255.9lbs

Woke up this morning and of course showed no apparent ketones.
Had my whey/coconut oil/ coffee and headed out to work.
About 5 hrs later took my first heaping scoop of MR Keto Salt, and headed out to the gym. Did a concetrated but cardio centric workout: just 5 exercises, but each one for full range 20 rep sets, with a max of about 90sec between sets.
Did:
Close grip pulldowns 5x20
Fatty pull ups 3x amrap
BB delt presses - behind neck 4x20
Front neck 4x20
Hammer delt press 5x20
Everything was with decent weights, just not super heavy.
Felt sore and pumped when done; I'm beginning to suspect you can even grow AND get stronger with hi rep sets....

=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=%=
Ok - first impressions
Taste:
Delicous - for real! Tastes like a real and tasty orange drink; no supp/chemical undertone or after taste at all!

Energy
I've been taking a scoop and a half of my stimmed pre to make it to and through my workouts....to fight some serious lethargy.
Well I didn't take any stims and had ZERO lethargy! At all! Now this could be a combination of a few factors, so I won't know for sure for a few days. So far - really great and even energy.

Since keto is an integral part of so many people's program, I'm being extremely careful to really be on point with how the affects me personally. So you're gonna get the straight talk either way!
Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Added a semi scoop to my 40 oz swig savvy over ice....solid flavoring, just right for slow sippin on a hot day in hollywood.
I suspect this might be an appetite suppressant...not having post cheat meal "shoulda had.....", or "maybe I should do one more meal before keto".....
For the first day back on I'd say all in all it's a good day!

Gonna have an omelette and some greens later and done.
Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Day 2 - woke up this morning and tested for ketones. Stick reads slightly above trace - which is not bad for day 2. So far no keto "flu" symptoms of any kind thankfully. That alone is a big pro!
Gonna heap a scoop now and head out to the gym. Thinking of doing an endless hi rep/hi set all arms day. Should test energy and focus and stamina and etc. We're talking 20 rep sets with about 60 seconds in between sets. Let you know how it went.....

Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
No music even. Just straight focus. Max 60-70 sec between sets
Heavy duty arm session....dang near lost my mind! 20 reps is a loooong azz number when you gotta do it EVERY set!
Did:
Hammer precherz 10x20
BB curlz 5x20
Tri oh ext 10x20
Rope push downs 5x20
Rope hammer curlz
Reverse curlz
Forearm curlz
3x20 each
Done
Not hungry. Feeling strong as farq. Great energy. Definitely not complaining!
Something is evidently working - smooth constant energy and no big hunger: fantastic!

Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Day 3
Tested this morning - clearly I've gone purple.....about as about purple as I get unless dehydrated which of course I watch out for. Not bad at all for time to drop into keto. To be honest I've been keeping it at about 10-15g of carbs, but it's still definitely pretty quick.

I will continue to log this of course, but as it stands now:
Taste - food level good
Energy - even and constant with no sudden drop off
Appetite suppression - definitely decent
Keto symptom avoidance - so far very outstanding.

I'd say that for the energy and/or the keto symptom avoidance alone, this is a great supp. Throw in the great taste and very decent appetite suppression - this is a clear and definite winner!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So being on keto normally how long does it take you to get back into ketosis after just one refeed day? Once adjusted to keto I never had any symptoms from a refeed day other than the carb hangover if I overdid it. One day should not alter your fat burning capabilities to the point that you should feel the weakness or sickness after returning to low carb or keto flu as you called it.

What impresses me though is that here a few days later andyour workouts are still energetic as all get out and that is the part of the product I am curious about. Using if for workout fuel while on a keto diet.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So being on keto normally how long does it take you to get back into ketosis after just one refeed day? Once adjusted to keto I never had any symptoms from a refeed day other than the carb hangover if I overdid it. One day should not alter your fat burning capabilities to the point that you should feel the weakness or sickness after returning to low carb or keto flu as you called it.

What impresses me though is that here a few days later andyour workouts are still energetic as all get out and that is the part of the product I am curious about. Using if for workout fuel while on a keto diet.
Usually by the end of the 3rd day I'm in solid. also, I usually have to deal with psychological and physical cravings for about 2 days after a carb up. This time - non existant.
As to the energy - it's not a stim feel at all. You know when you had a good night sleep and ate well with good macros and timing before your workout and you just feel good with more than enough energy to get it done? That's this feeling - and other than my coffee, I'm training fasted! (and definitely without enough sleep)

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Usually by the end of the 3rd day I'm in solid. also, I usually have to deal with psychological and physical cravings for about 2 days after a carb up. This time - non existant.
As to the energy - it's not a stim feel at all. You know when you had a good night sleep and ate well with good macros and timing before your workout and you just feel good with more than enough energy to get it done? That's this feeling - and other than my coffee, I'm training fasted! (and definitely without enough sleep)
Okay cool on the changes for you with the cravings and what not. I do get those a little, but was relating the Keto Flu to that period un-adjusted people go through when starting a keto diet and they can not initially produce enough ketones to feed the energy needs. You know the extremely tired, lethargic, even your own arms and legs feel heavy feeling. I imagine it has been a bit for you to go through a bad one of those since you tend to stay on keto or low, low carbs all the time other than refeeds.

That energy you are referring to is exactly what I was hoping to hear on that front. With plenty of ketones available their should almost never be a shortage of ATP since lipids create so much more ATP than glycogen. There just aren't typically enough ketones floating around naturally to supply that kind of on demand energy for a workout with out something like that.

Heck now that I am cutting and seeing this I almost wish I had seen this log come up for a chance to run it. I would love to crush some workouts while in ketosis and still feel strong!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Okay cool on the changes for you with the cravings and what not. I do get those a little, but was relating the Keto Flu to that period un-adjusted people go through when starting a keto diet and they can not initially produce enough ketones to feed the energy needs. You know the extremely tired, lethargic, even your own arms and legs feel heavy feeling. I imagine it has been a bit for you to go through a bad one of those since you tend to stay on keto or low, low carbs all the time other than refeeds.

That energy you are referring to is exactly what I was hoping to hear on that front. With plenty of ketones available their should almost never be a shortage of ATP since lipids create so much more ATP than glycogen. There just aren't typically enough ketones floating around naturally to supply that kind of on demand energy for a workout with out something like that.

Heck now that I am cutting and seeing this I almost wish I had seen this log come up for a chance to run it. I would love to crush some workouts while in ketosis and still feel strong!
If I was you, I'd let them know that you would be interested in logging it......just saying

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So today's workout is in the books. I tried an experiment today. Instead of a heaping, I took a flat scoop. Then I added another half scoop to my intra drink. The only possible difference might be - and I dont know for sure if its real- that the energetic feeling feels like its lasting longer.

I did 5 exercises today. Each one for 5-8 x20. Not too heavy but definitely not tto light. Some stuff I started too heavy but I forced out a full 20.

Did:
Hammer low row
Machine delt press
Machine flat chest press
Cable shrugs
Back extension machine

That's all for this week. I'm thinking that I'lll be sippin on a scoop on my gym off days....
Cheers

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
So today's workout is in the books. I tried an experiment today. Instead of a heaping, I took a flat scoop. Then I added another half scoop to my intra drink. The only possible difference might be - and I dont know for sure if its real- that the energetic feeling feels like its lasting longer.

I did 5 exercises today. Each one for 5-8 x20. Not too heavy but definitely not tto light. Some stuff I started too heavy but I forced out a full 20.

Did:
Hammer low row
Machine delt press
Machine flat chest press
Cable shrugs
Back extension machine

That's all for this week. I'm thinking that I'lll be sippin on a scoop on my gym off days....
Cheers
I believe ketone salts are actual ketones, and although it would probably make you feel better all day long, it would probably slightly hinder your fat loss on a day you really did not need to supplement ketones. Where fat loss is concerned, that is basically giving the body a preferential source of ketones. So it will have to break down less of your own fat to supply the energy you need during inactivity. Just my take on it, but I would be pretty specific about how I used it.

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Still using Keto Salts as a pre, and it REALLY came through for me today. I sorta self sabotaged to really push my limits. On my first excercise, I did 5x5 heavy before starting my 20s - I had to grit my teeth and really push, but I got my 20s done!

Did:
Hammer decline 5x5 heavy
Hammer decline 5x20
Hammer incline 6x20; 3x close and 3x wide grip
Flat bench machine close grip 5x20
Cable flyes 5x20

If I hadn't said it enough, if nothing else, the clean and constant energy is fantastic!

Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
So today I basically pushed heavy weight for 20s. Had to do some rest pauses, but I worked every rep. Very hard work, but the energy was in full effect.

Did
Hammer shrugs
Hammer rows
Hammer low rows
BB curls
Hammer precherz

Everything 5x20

I'm sold on this stuff....gonna order me some!
Cheers

Studhorse

Studhorse

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So today I basically pushed heavy weight for 20s. Had to do some rest pauses, but I worked every rep. Very hard work, but the energy was in full effect.

Did
Hammer shrugs
Hammer rows
Hammer low rows
BB curls
Hammer precherz

Everything 5x20

I'm sold on this stuff....gonna order me some!
Cheers
Holy crap brother, that is a lot of reps! just reading this made me tired. I think I will skip the gym tonight! lol

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Put in a solid effort. Realised that although I was thoroughly sore when done, I still had plenty of energy to spare.

Did
BB presses 3x20 back 3x20 front about doubled the weight on the front compared to the back

Hammer delt presses 5x20

Tri Oh ext 5x20

Rope press downs. Hands together. 5x20

Bar press downs 5x20

Cheers

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Last workout for the week. Pushed a little extra today to test some limits.

Pull downs super heavy 5x5. Then medium heavy 5x20

Pull ups fatty style. 5 x amrap

Straight arm press downs 5x20 ending with a solid peel down drop set

Rope hammers 5x20

Reverse curls 5x20

Forearm curls 5x20

And done. Love the sore and pumped feeling in my arms and back.

Gonna finish up here....I'll just leave a final review. Thanks for anyone and everyone that hung out or checked in. Much appreciated!
Shout out and big thanks to MuscleResearch for having me run this!

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

This is not rocket science: it does what it's supposed to do - extremely well! - and it even tastes good.

Energy - solid, even, and constant. Will get you through a workout plus, without stimhead, jitters, or crash.

Appetite supression - good to extremely good

Taste - food grade delicous. No supp aftertaste.

I'm loving this!

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another awesome log my friend!!

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Final Review

This is not rocket science: it does what it's supposed to do - extremely well! - and it even tastes good.

Energy - solid, even, and constant. Will get you through a workout plus, without stimhead, jitters, or crash.

Appetite supression - good to extremely good

Taste - food grade delicous. No supp aftertaste.

I'm loving this!
I'm glad you love it brother. Thats good to hear

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks brother man! You got anything planned yet?
Can't make up my mind. Keep jumping back and forth between running another cycle or stating on the natty train. But really, I just wanna be like you when I grow up!! (But without the crazy ex-wife)

Tank999

Tank999

Awards
  • Established
Can't make up my mind. Keep jumping back and forth between running another cycle or stating on the natty train. But really, I just wanna be like you when I grow up!! (But without the crazy ex-wife)
Lmbfao!

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Great log, if I go full on keto again I will have to give this a shot!!!