NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
10mgs Nolva = 15.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
20mgs Nolva = 30.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
40mgs Nolva = 60.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
60mgs Nolva = 91.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate

Just thought I'd post that after finding it out, most rc grade "nolva" is actually tamoxifen citrate meaning that to truly get that 20mg dosage that is the typical protocol, you really need 30.4mg if running tamoxifen citrate

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
10mgs Nolva = 15.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
20mgs Nolva = 30.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
40mgs Nolva = 60.4 mg Tamoxifen Citrate
60mgs Nolva = 91.2 mg Tamoxifen Citrate

Just thought I'd post that after finding it out, most rc grade "nolva" is actually tamoxifen citrate meaning that to truly get that 20mg dosage that is the typical protocol, you really need 30.4mg if running tamoxifen citrate
Also, keep in mind that some rc sources actually dose every ml at 30.4mg already, knowing that the 20mg of tamoxifen citrate is not truly 20mg, so asking them ahead of time is smart ?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
All tamox that you get is going to be in citrate form. Yes, the citrate takes up some of the weight but the 20/20/10/10 protocol is based on tamoxifen citrate. Clomid is in citrate form as well.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
All tamox that you get is going to be in citrate form. Yes, the citrate takes up some of the weight but the 20/20/10/10 protocol is based on tamoxifen citrate. Clomid is in citrate form as well.
Aren't most studies and bloodworks done with tamoxifen, not citrate though??

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aren't most studies and bloodworks done with tamoxifen, not citrate though??
As far as I know, all tamoxifen is in citrate form.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im just going off what i read on other forums and rc sources, guess it was unnecessary info
Will look into it further, don't take my word here because I don't know this as absolute fact.

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
There is a difference between pure Tamoxifen base powder and Tamoxifen citrate powder. It is as has been noted above; Tamoxifen + citrate acid added.

The CAS number (chemical identifier) for Tamoxifen base is 10540-29-1 and the molecular weight (MW) is 371.5.

The CAS number (chemical identifier) for Tamoxifen citrate is 54965-24-1 and the molecular weight (MW) is 563.7. This is how you can distinguish between the two of them. Many suppliers list the difference but whether or not you can trust the label is another thing to consider.

As far as I know, most if not all RC Tamoxifen is in Citrate form. It is most readily available from China and like places. Many RC companies list the type they sell (as identified by CAS #).

A Rx tablet of Nolvadex contains 10mg of Tamoxifen base and ~ 5mg of Citrate for a total of ~ 15mg. It is listed as 10mg of active ingredient. RC companies that buy Tamox Citrate powder to make liquid "Nolva" should be accounting for the difference and adding 15mg of Tamox citrate powder into the liquid suspension (per serving size), as opposed to 10mg of Tamoxifen base. Whether or not they do that is another story. Having said that, I wouldn't worry about it too much and would definitely just stick to the usual dosing protocol for RC SERM's. Most are probably underdosed anyway. :)

The only way to truly know that you are getting the full amount of active ingredient is to get a prescription and buy it from a legit pharmacy. People who use Rx AI's and SERM's can speak to the potency difference.

And for those wondering, Nolvadex is the original brand name of Tamoxifen Citrate pills.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
There is a difference between pure Tamoxifen base powder and Tamoxifen citrate powder. It is as has been noted above; Tamoxifen + citrate acid added.

The CAS number (chemical identifier) for Tamoxifen base is 10540-29-1 and the molecular weight (MW) is 371.5.

The CAS number (chemical identifier) for Tamoxifen citrate is 54965-24-1 and the molecular weight (MW) is 563.7. This is how you can distinguish between the two of them. Many suppliers list the difference but whether or not you can trust the label is another thing to consider.

As far as I know, most if not all RC Tamoxifen is in Citrate form. It is most readily available from China and like places. Many RC companies list the type they sell (as identified by CAS #).

A Rx tablet of Nolvadex contains 10mg of Tamoxifen base and ~ 5mg of Citrate for a total of ~ 15mg. It is listed as 10mg of active ingredient. RC companies that buy Tamox Citrate powder to make liquid "Nolva" should be accounting for the difference and adding 15mg of Tamox citrate powder into the liquid suspension (per serving size), as opposed to 10mg of Tamoxifen base. Whether or not they do that is another story. Having said that, I wouldn't worry about it too much and would definitely just stick to the usual dosing protocol for RC SERM's. Most are probably underdosed anyway. :)

The only way to truly know that you are getting the full amount of active ingredient is to get a prescription and buy it from a legit pharmacy. People who use Rx AI's and SERM's can speak to the potency difference.

And for those wondering, Nolvadex is the original brand name of Tamoxifen Citrate pills.
So i was right for the most part lol, depending on the source

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
So i was right for the most part lol, depending on the source
I think everything depends on the source. ;)

Of course this is all speculative and for entertainment purposes only as nobody should ever consume these types of substances for recreational purposes.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
I think everything depends on the source. ;)

Of course this is all speculative and for entertainment purposes only as nobody should ever consume these types of substances for recreational purposes.
Yea, i mentioned checking withthe source

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
I read somewhere that in reality you could run like 10/10/5/5 and it would still be more than enough to get you back on track. The 20/20/10/10 is just people being extra cautious and careful with their bodies

If thats the case i think you could run citrate at 20/20/10/10 even if it WASNT the same mg as nolva and still recover fine

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
I read somewhere that in reality you could run like 10/10/5/5 and it would still be more than enough to get you back on track. The 20/20/10/10 is just people being extra cautious and careful with their bodies

If thats the case i think you could run citrate at 20/20/10/10 even if it WASNT the same mg as nolva and still recover fine
If i ever ran nolva again, it would be 40/40/20/20 to be on the safe side

Bartmac36

Bartmac36

Awards
  • Established
If i ever ran nolva again, it would be 40/40/20/20 to be on the safe side
Yeah i have yet to run nolva myself, but i would imagine you have to play it based on how your body responds. 40 mg might be necessary for some and only 10 for others

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
i start pct today and im running 20 1st day only then 10/10/10/10

DonnieM

DonnieM

Awards
  • Established
I think 40 is too high in normal case scenario. 20 highest as pct and also as low as 5mg could be effective if I've understood correctly. My next pct will probably be at 20/20/10/10/5/5 or similar.

NattyBoy

NattyBoy

Banned
Awards
I think 40 is too high in normal case scenario. 20 highest as pct and also as low as 5mg could be effective if I've understood correctly. My next pct will probably be at 20/20/10/10/5/5 or similar.
Have you ran nolva before?

Toren

Toren

Awards
  • Established
The best way to know that your 'stuff' is working, is to get a blood test done to assess you baseline total T (while in a state of hormonal homeostasis), then get another blood test immediately after PCT.

It's not uncommom to see people test 4-500 points above baseline from a typical Nolva PCT. Depending on age, cycle length, compounds used, lifestyle, etc, recovery can definitely vary.

At the end of the day, people respond in different ways to various SERM's. If you are planning to stay in this 'game' for a long period of time, the guessing game is not the smartest approach.

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Off topic question sorry NattyBoy lol but is clomid necessary to dose 100 mg the first few days or can i start at 50 mg

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Off topic question sorry NattyBoy lol but is clomid necessary to dose 100 mg the first few days or can i start at 50 mg
Not necessary but it's helpful in aiding recovery

unreal89

unreal89

Awards
i just did my first day dose of nolva off subject also but at 1 ml 20 mg its the worst taste ever had my stomach upset for a about an hour this morning blah!!

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i just did my first day dose of nolva off subject also but at 1 ml 20 mg its the worst taste ever had my stomach upset for a about an hour this morning blah!!
Buy some empty gel caps, will eliminate the ethanol taste. Just don't try to make them up ahead of time, make them as needed right before dosing.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I dunno if it helps, having NOLVADEX-D bought from a local drugstore, I read the leaflet: NOLVADEX-D 20 contains 20mg tamoxifen citrate that equals to 20mg tamoxifen