T-giving

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Hi All - I'm curious how many people just say 'forget the diet' on T-giving and how many still adhere to it 100%. How many are in the middle?

Previous years I've just behaved really well up until T-giving, no rules for t-giving meal itself, then right back on. However, I'll be starting week 2 of keto tomorrow, 8 weeks into a 16 week sust/deca cycle. Making great lean gains, etc. and idk if I want to come out of keto. I'm actually having a real internal conflict about the whole thing lately.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Im on a keto diet as well, but it lands on my cheat meal day. Ive been pre planning it for a month or two tho lol

toughchick401

toughchick401

Awards
  • Established
I'm working on thanksgiving ( triple time ) ..... so my meal will be some turkey on the side and a nice run in the Am before work....stick to the diet...christmas is a month away.....LOL

TC

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Good for you guys.

Yeah t-giving will be my cheat meal too GP but the traditional t-giving meal is more..... extravagant (?) than even my cheat meal, you know?

Reps for amazing commitment and for being one hard working chick, TC.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Good for you guys.

Yeah t-giving will be my cheat meal too GP but the traditional t-giving meal is more..... extravagant (?) than even my cheat meal, you know?

Reps for amazing commitment and for being one hard working chick, TC.
I know what youre talking bout lol, people will tend ot eat 5000 cals ina sitting on thanks giving and be full for two day haha.

for the dinner I gotta go to my gfs and than my family's. I still take into note what Im eating. Ill load up on turkey n rice for an average size portion and my "cheat" part will be a couple slices of pumkin pie. Enough to satisfy but not enough to ruin the entires week's fat loss.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I know what youre talking bout lol, people will tend ot eat 5000 cals ina sitting on thanks giving and be full for two day haha.

for the dinner I gotta go to my gfs and than my family's. I still take into note what Im eating. Ill load up on turkey n rice for an average size portion and my "cheat" part will be a couple slices of pumkin pie. Enough to satisfy but not enough to ruin the entires week's fat loss.
Yeah thats a good compromise. I'd trade the pumpkin pie for some stuffing or mashed potatoes with my turkey. :32: <-- mouth watering

I think morning of i'm going to do a complete depletion workout, have my cheat meal, then maybe take 300mg dnp before bed and go back to induction Friday, Sat, Sun to get back to keto quickly.

wolverines

wolverines

Awards
  • Established
I say forget the diet completely on thanksgiving. Enjoy the time with your family and eat all the turkey and mashed potatoes you want. Also, why not shock your metabolism and really put that thyroid into overdrive ?! For me, I notice that after I pig out on holidays that the returning day to the gym Im a bit leaner than normal

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a lifestyle, not a diet. I either live a "getting lean" lifestyle or "getting large" lifestyle or something in between. It is not that hard or important IMHO.

Missing the life in the lifestyle would be foolish. Enjoy food and friends on Thanksgiving Day. You could be in a box in the ground the next and your diet and physique will amount to nothing.

Live! :)

Whitesnake

Whitesnake

Awards
  • Established
I say forget the diet completely on thanksgiving. Enjoy the time with your family and eat all the turkey and mashed potatoes you want. Also, why not shock your metabolism and really put that thyroid into overdrive ?! For me, I notice that after I pig out on holidays that the returning day to the gym Im a bit leaner than normal
Werd!!!!!!..........shock the system.........shock the metabolism.......plus T-giving food is a plethora of protein:32:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Everytime i think about it my mouth waters.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Hey my wife just made an atkins t-giving dinner that was pretty damn good. Rotisserie chicken (cause I like it better than turkey) with a spinach cheese casserole on the side. Casserole had 3g carbs per serving. I'll ask her for the recipe and post it.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't give a fukc... I'll be deep frying a turkey and stuffing myself.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I can't claim to have one of those, just stole the pic from online, hahaha is that a nextel? Didn't they get bought out by sprint?

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
i actually really enjoyed the atkins t-giving. The spinach casserole is loaded with cheese and bacon and goes great with the chicken. My wife (very supportive) is going to host t-giving and make chicken, the spinach casserole, and all the other usual deliciousness. I think I can let the guests partake in the rest and stick to the spinach and chicken. I'm just waking up harder, bigger, leaner everyday on this diet. Can't break it, making too much progress. And I'm in the sweeet spot on my cycle.

Palo Alto Labs

Palo Alto Labs

Dave
Awards
  • Established
A little cheat day is a great thing for both the body and the mind!

Personally. i load up on the meats, and only get a tablespoon or 2 of the carb-heavy stuff. No person needs 2 cups of mashed potatoes.

Look at the food before you dig in... decide what you REALLY like (spinach casserole) and what is just filler (plain white mashed potatoes.. eh) and focus on what you like.

and please.. whatever you do... save room for DESSERT!!!!!!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
A little cheat day is a great thing for both the body and the mind!

Personally. i load up on the meats, and only get a tablespoon or 2 of the carb-heavy stuff. No person needs 2 cups of mashed potatoes.

Look at the food before you dig in... decide what you REALLY like (spinach casserole) and what is just filler (plain white mashed potatoes.. eh) and focus on what you like.

and please.. whatever you do... save room for DESSERT!!!!!!
they'll be pumpkin, apple, and blueberry pies tomorrow :bigok:

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's a lifestyle, not a diet. I either live a "getting lean" lifestyle or "getting large" lifestyle or something in between. It is not that hard or important IMHO.

Missing the life in the lifestyle would be foolish. Enjoy food and friends on Thanksgiving Day. You could be in a box in the ground the next and your diet and physique will amount to nothing.

Live! :)
So totally true.

I purposefully scheduled a "getting large" thru the holiday season, cause I figured i may as well take advantage of the food :D

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah. I'm also not a "burn it off" kind of guy. :gay:

I consume in surplus with a purpose!

I just discovered thus guy ---> :rant2: Fun!!!

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I like the rant :rant: miser.

Mid meal update - hit those bacon-loaded cheesy mashed potatos and stuffing but in micro quantities. Loaded up on chicken and spinach casserole. Honey biscuit had to be tried. After a brief period of post-meal relaxation bliss we begin the dessert phase. Each and every single person has their own pumpkin, apple, AND blueberry individual homemade pie complements of my aunt who insists they be served a la mode.

Must say, having carbs for the first time in 2 weeks I am sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeppppyyy. Glad I did a depletion this morning and lookng forward to getting back into keto but for the time being enjoying the awesomeness. Ok..... I'm going to go take a nap.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
****, you just reminded me I forgot to put bacon in the stuffing. oh well, next year