Synthetic Supplements DopaDex

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I never got this effect...and now I feel like I am missing out big time! Is this something almost everyone gets from L-dopa supps???
Not everyone but most users. It's been documented in human studies. Not to mention increased penile girth at rest :D.

Some people even report a shorter refractory period since prolactin is the cause of that phenomenon and l-dopa lowers prolactin

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Taking test powder with my amino IV= good/bad idea?? Test powder having200mg mucuna (seed) extract and amino IV w the p5p... Should I be trying to spread these out? Or no issue? Thanks coop
Not a big deal but just spread em, no need to use test powder pre/intra workout anyway

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Taking test powder with my amino IV= good/bad idea?? Test powder having200mg mucuna (seed) extract and amino IV w the p5p... Should I be trying to spread these out? Or no issue? Thanks coop
Have you been taking it or just starting? I had to quit taking it twice, it's the best laxative on the market.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you been taking it or just starting? I had to quit taking it twice, it's the best laxative on the market.
I've used it two or three times prior and enjoyed it. But yea, definitely loosens you up. I use it fasted and pre workout though so there's not usually much to move til after I break my fast lol. It definitely gives u the mud butt at times tho!

Druboutin

Just wanted to share this study, which basically says B6 will inhibit the GH benefits from L-Dopa, but will enhance the prolactin lowering effects. Space them if you're looking for sleep/GH. Combine them if you're trying to reduce prolactin.

Edit: can't post links yet, but it's the "pubmed/20170" extension on the ncbi/pubmed website.

Here's the excerpt: 500 mg of levodopa was administered orally to 8 normal subjects and induced an increase of growth hormone (GH) and a decrease of prolactin (PRL) secretion. The levodopa-induced GH release was inhibited by an intravenous infusion of pyridoxine; on the contrary, the PRL response to levodopa was enhanced by pyridoxine infusion. This dissociation of GH and PRL responses to levodopa during pyridoxine infusion appears to be mediated by peripheral acceleration of the conversion of levodopa to dopamine. Since dopamine does not penetrate the blood-brain barrier, the enhanced PRL decrease observed during pyridoxine infusion might be explained only on the basis of a mechanism of action exerted by dopamine on extra blood-brain barrier sites.

Druboutin

Also keep this in mind for your B6 supplementation -- many people suggest taking P5P over B6 due to bio availability, but pubmed 501547 says the following:

"To investigate if vitamin B6 inhibits prolactin release and to compare this effect to that of bromocriptine, a known suppressor of prolactin release, a study was conducted in male rats. Animals were pretreated with pyridoxine hydrochloride, pyridoxal hydrochloride, saline, or bromocriptine 30 min prior to receiving varying doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples were obtained 90 min later and analyzed for serum prolactin by a double-antibody radioimmunoassay. Another study involved pyridoxal hydrochloride and saline pretreatments 30 min prior to doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples collected 60 min later were also analyzed for serum prolactin. Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly suppressed the chlorpromazine-induced prolactin rise (p less than 0.01). However, the suppression was significantly less than that produced by bromocriptine (p less than 0.01). Pyridoxal hydrochloride, another natural form of vitamin B6, failed to suppress prolactin under the conditions of both studies. This investigation may lend support to the concept that pyridoxine hydrochloride partially inhibits prolactin by a mechanism not involving dopamine."

Essentially, the standard B6 (pyridoxine) will aid in reducing prolactin. P5P (pyridoxal) has no effect on prolactin. Hope this clears up any confusion, I know it did for me.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not everyone but most users. It's been documented in human studies. Not to mention increased penile girth at rest :D.

Some people even report a shorter refractory period since prolactin is the cause of that phenomenon and l-dopa lowers prolactin
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9796623

"On the other hand, in nine subjects who were younger than 50 years, maximum penile circumference increase showed a significant increment with L-dopa."

I would like to stress that we DO NOT want anyone conducting before and after logs with photos lol.

test112

Awards
  • Established
Also keep this in mind for your B6 supplementation -- many people suggest taking P5P over B6 due to bio availability, but pubmed 501547 says the following:

"To investigate if vitamin B6 inhibits prolactin release and to compare this effect to that of bromocriptine, a known suppressor of prolactin release, a study was conducted in male rats. Animals were pretreated with pyridoxine hydrochloride, pyridoxal hydrochloride, saline, or bromocriptine 30 min prior to receiving varying doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples were obtained 90 min later and analyzed for serum prolactin by a double-antibody radioimmunoassay. Another study involved pyridoxal hydrochloride and saline pretreatments 30 min prior to doses of chlorpromazine hydrochloride. Blood samples collected 60 min later were also analyzed for serum prolactin. Pyridoxine hydrochloride significantly suppressed the chlorpromazine-induced prolactin rise (p less than 0.01). However, the suppression was significantly less than that produced by bromocriptine (p less than 0.01). Pyridoxal hydrochloride, another natural form of vitamin B6, failed to suppress prolactin under the conditions of both studies. This investigation may lend support to the concept that pyridoxine hydrochloride partially inhibits prolactin by a mechanism not involving dopamine."

Essentially, the standard B6 (pyridoxine) will aid in reducing prolactin. P5P (pyridoxal) has no effect on prolactin. Hope this clears up any confusion, I know it did for me.
This study states that pyridoxal HCL had no effect on prolactin, but it doesn't sound like the same stuff as P5P (pyridoxal-5-phosphate). Any thoughts?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey natty, coop, and other reps.

With the addition of chlorotest to the lineup, I'm thinking of 'making my own ' powerfull which I use regularly from usp. It's just chloro and dopa. They do not disclose how much of each, or what % extract. Can you give your best estimation of how much of dopadex+chlorotest I should use nightly? I use two caps of powerfull (750mg each). If I had to guess, I would say there's about 500mg chloro per cap and 250 dopa.

Would stacking the analyzed products at night yield similar/better results for prolactin and GH?

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I honestly don't know the doses of each in powerfull so you'd be better off asking USPlabs reps