Sweat smelling weird/different lately

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I'm ffairly new to bodybuilding. Only been at it about 15 mmonths. Anyway, the smell of my sweat has been changing. The biggest changes I've noticed have been in the llast couple of months. Now I know what sweat smells like, I've been smelling mine all my life lol. Anyway, last couple of months the smell has gotten really bad, like as bad as the huge roided out guys in my gym, why is that? Now, a few weeks ago the smell changed again, now it literally smells like ( and I'm not kidding) cum/sex. What the f*** is going on lol?? Why is this happening? Can anyone explain? Diet? Hormones? What?

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
Are you taking anything with fenugreek In it?

Buffspartan

Buffspartan

Awards
  • Established
WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Your skin is technically the largest organ in the human body and although we neglect and take for granted its capabilities we also are unaware of how ignorant we really are to what lies beneath our skin and how our skin can tell our "health story".
Everyone sweats and some more than others depending on the grouping and abundance of sweat glands beneath their skin, and some people reek of disgusting body odor while others barely carry a scent at all. Four factors that mainly affect the scent of your sweat are: Diet, Hormones. chemical imbalance, blood malnourishment or toxicity. First factor; Diet. You are what you eat! Almost 90% true when it comes to you smell like what you eat, because the body rids any extra biproducts from what we consume through defecation, urination, sweating, and mucous orfaces. Next of course you have your hormones. Well, simply put individuals with higher testosterone imbalanced pH and higher levels of thyroid hormone output tend to sweat more and mixed with bacteria and the body's chemical waste you get a nasty product that can be both embarrassing and uncomfortable for many. Think of that one female who smelled god awful (i know everyone has had to have know one) during her menses or the adolescent boy with crazy acne in gym class that no on befriended! Now when it comes to chemical imbalances, more specifically vitamin and mineral deficiencies the body tries to create its own back up by breaking down bone cells, muscle cells, blood cells...you name it! Wherever there are nutrients that the body needs that it isnt getting fed it will pull from the areas. This then causes the bodys pH to be off kilter and bile and other waste are more acidic and if left balanced can cause septic livers and start dumping toxins into the blood. You might notice a stronger ammonia scent when you have more supplements running through your system and even some supps can cause your sweat to contain higher amounts of electrolytes that are lost during perspiration as well as carry more of an unpleasant scent.
I say dont worry too much, just shower with an anti-bacterial deodorant soap like Dial's 3D and be sure to change your clothes or pack extra clothes if you are sweating more than usual. Get a higher aluminum containing deodorant like Mitchum or the Degree Sport and it will help as well. You can also take internal deodorizers like chlorophyl or parsley. Chlorophyl works faster and better in my opinion and you can get back to feeling more confident.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

threeFs

threeFs

Awards
Being in ketosis changes your smell.
Also, never ever ever ever ever use antibacterial soap!!!!
That's how bacteria become resistant. Its like taking antibiotics. You want to remove not kill.