Supplements for a tennis player

rojnad

Awards
hi,

I play tennis for nearly 4 hours a day. Morning i do fitness excercises.. then tennis practice.. then zym.. sometimes i play for tennis in the afternoon as well.. and btw I'm a vegetarian and so that is one of the reasons i am seeking supplements help but only to a limited extent.

I have gone through the various threads of these forums for various supplements that i could take. Here is a regime that i thought of after reading all that:

1. first thing in the morning i take is milk with corn flakes before leaving home.

2. Take a combo of body octane and poseidon with Poseidon being the maximum portion of an individual combo dose. 1 scoop of poseidon + half scoop of body octane. I would take it after my fitness excersies.. that is 15 mins in enter the tennis courts.

3. while doing tennis practice i would take bannanas or apples or some thing else such as oats mixed with milk.. or soaked ground nuts or soaked soya beans or a combination etc.,

4. after my tennis practice, i run to the zym for some strength training using weights.. and for abs and legs excersises. (4 days a week)

5. After going home from the zym, i take ON's whey protein which i bought ( only on those 4 days that i go to the zym).

6. In the afternoon after taking my meal, i am planning to take a multivitamin tablet + one fish oil tablet.

This is my planned regime for my half of the day during which i do most of my workouts and practice..

Also please let me know if creatine or NO Shotgun is a better option to go for instead of going for body octane and poseidone.. if i go for creatine or NO Shotgun, it will be before going to zym..

Also some people are suggesting to use caffeine for my kind of training.. is that advisable? or if i go with my above schedule, caffeine is not required right?

Also one final question: should I go for a joint supplement? or the use of fish oil tablet and the above things would suffice the need for healthy joints?

Thanks guys in advance.. i really really need all your helps:)

rojnad

Awards
haha.. ok i guess my previous psot is too long to read:p

ok.. simple no shot gun before zym and 1/2 scoop body octane before playing tennis are ok?

Steveoph

Steveoph

NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
They're both fine to take. I would suggest taking 6-10 fish oils caps per day with your meals. Also if you're vegetarian make sure you're getting enough iron from your supplements. You might want to look into "ZMA" as well.

rojnad

Awards
great.. how about taking poseidon ? that means 1 scoop of poseidon + half scoop of body octane twice a day.. and not taking shot gun at all.. for my needs, how is this sounding?

thanks