Supplements during sickness?

onlyone

Awards
Have been sick since last week and I don't feel any better either. Should I stop taking protien, BCAA, Erase+DAA and only stick to multi and C & D3 vitamien until I feel healty again?

Thanks

amateurfreak

Awards
I would definitely keep the protein, especially if it is a whey. whey contains immunoglobulins which can help boost immunity.i actually dont really see a reason to stop taking these supps unless you're very sick, vomitting, etc. and then would msot likely jsut stop the erase or daa. you could adding try echinacea, goldenseal, elderberry, colloidal silver, colostrum, etc. to help boost your immunity as well.

rms80

rms80

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Have been sick since last week and I don't feel any better either. Should I stop taking protien, BCAA, Erase+DAA and only stick to multi and C & D3 vitamien until I feel healty again?

Thanks

I wouldn't stop taking everything while you are sick- it may throw your body off, at least somewhat. Quercetin isn't a bad choice for something to add in- it has some strong anti-viral effects- we have it in Bio-Mend, our anti-oxidant product- I take it every day, and I have only gotten sick once in the last 3 years, and it will tend to lessen the duration of whatever you come down with....