Supplement Advice For Weight Loss.

Mindstamina

Awards
A quick bit here. I am 6'4" tall and 290 pounds with 30% bodyfat.

I have to lose weight. I know about eating right. The number one important thing when it comes to losing weight is dieting.

I know there is no quick fix, no magic pill and no miracle drug. I have to diet and exercise and be determined.

But it is already summer and next thing you know winter will be here and it will be too cold to train outside so I want to lose enough weight at the time to the point that I can the3mn focus on bulking up and build more muscle mass.

But at the moment I need a boost. It is hard trying to get yourself to move when you feel lethargic and crappy. I need something that can give me a boost while helping me to preserve the muscles I have as I do what I have to do to lose the fat.

What supplement is recommendable for helping me to get that boost and preserve muscle mass while I do heavy cardio for fat loss?

I been told Ostarine is good, especially Revolver 25. What else would any of you recommend?

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
#1 important thing when it comes to losing weight for someone at your point isn't really dieting, it's lifestyle change. You can diet , but you can't go back to what your doing before you diet.

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
honestly bud, there's little you need to add when you're at 30% bf. Besides dialing in diet and training there is little you need at this point.

if you have trouble with stress eating, you may consider something to manage cortisol. Iron Legion Invictus is probably the most efficient cortisol control product available right now.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Diet will always be first. Make sure you're consuming at least 1g of protein per pound of body weight - this will help with preserving strength and muscle.

For supplementation I would suggest OxyMax XT. Its a solid thermogenic that will help control appetite and increase focus and energy while dieting. OxyMax XT also contains a full serving of forskolin, which had been studied to help maintain/preserve muscle while decreasing body fat.

Ostarine can be effective, but keep in mind that it is a SARM. There are risks of side effects and its suggested that you follow it with a proper PCT. for your goals I feel that something like OxyMax XT or a thermogenic would suit you better, and consider using SARMs later during your cut

delsolrob

delsolrob

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is the supplements section, I'm not sure recommending a research chemical (ostarine/SARMs) is appropriate in this situation, or this section.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Admin pls ban this dude Brody adams... smh

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I lost 35 pounds before introducing supplements and other things.

When you are 30% body fat, it doesnt take much to get the weigh to come off other then
changing your diet and working out.

Here are a few items that may work for you to give you a little edge.

PES Shift

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/pes-shift/

EvoMuse Epitome (regulates Leptin)

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/evomuse-epitome/

SNS Reduce XT (helps reduce cortisol)

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/sns-reduce-xt-90-caps/

Iron Legion Invictus (helps reduce cortisol)

http://www.tgbsupplements.com/product/iron-legion-invictus/

Two things you want to stay away from at your body fat level....

1. SARMS and other Anabolics (these are not good for people with high body fat, tend to get
unwanted sides like High Blood Pressure, poor cholesterol ratio and high estrogen conversion)

2. Stimulants - I would refrain from most of these until you get to 20% body fat because usually
people with high body fat levels already have higher blood pressure levels and don't need stims
to push their BP even higher.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tough Love here...

Can you better break down "eating right"? Does this mean you are eating Grilled Chicken and egg whites vs pop tarts and hamburgers OR are you tracking calories so that you are in a negative balance i:e eating 2000 cals but burning 2200?

What is your cardio and overall exercise regime like?

As I tell everyone

1. Diet/Food Choices
2. Exercise
(One and Two can be interchangeable)
3. Supplementation.

If one and 2 are not in check, no fat burners/thermos/ diet pills will truly be effective. If there was, obesity would not exist.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
From a former Whale:

TDEE - figure it. Eat 500-1000kcals less. Do cardio and lift regularly. Drink strong Coffee as a Preworkout. All you need for now. 1-2lbs a week - now multiply to see how long it will take. It's a marathon, unfortunately. Once your heart is up to snuff from a few months of *regular* cardio, try adding Ephedrine to the Caffeine (switch to 200mg tabs). Then experiment with Yohimbine HCL. But don't go from sedentary to downing stimulants and starting cardio... god please no.

nbfootball65

Awards
Hydroxyelite and Fastin are good appetite suppressant fat burners.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not trying to bash you at all man - and as The_old_guy said he was a former whale, I'm STILL pretty fat but I've been working on it for a while and I'm getting there. I was over 290 at one point and I'm now at about 185 and probably stll have another 25-30 pounds to go. I'm a lot shorter than you are, but I've tried EVERYTHING out there.

I'm going to burst your bubble. You are not going to be "in shape" this summer. It just isn't going to happen. Even with extreme measures and drugs that you shouldn't even consider using, you'll be lucky to lose 60 pounds in the next 2-3 months and that would put you at 230 and then you will be in good shape and at 10% bodyfat (if it is all fat that you lose). That is also assuming you are truly 30% bodyfat, which would make you a very muscular guy. I mean, to be 10% bodyfat at 230 pounds, even at 6'4'' would mean you could almost step on stage with Arnold back in the day since he was a monster at 242 and 6'2''. Maybe you have been lifting for a while and have that muscle, I don't know.

Having said all that, The_old_guy makes it simple. Calculate your TDEE and figure out what you need to eat. Weigh and measure everything that goes in your mouth, and log it in a notebook or an app. Be accurate. You will be surprised to learn what your habits actually look like when you put them on paper and you add up the macros and calories.

It's summer, and we are getting a lot of posts like this lately. To be blunt, most of the time the posters asking for help are not being honest with themselves about their situation, their goals, how they got their, etc. Like you said yourself, there is no simple answer or quick fix. You need to diet and exercise. And when I say diet, I don't mean just "eat better" because that means nothing. I mean, pay attention to your calories and macros, measure everything and record everything.

Actually, if you measure and record everything, you don't even need to figure out your TDEE because you will know exactly what you ate and what you got for results and then you have the control to adjust specifically what you need.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tough Love here...

Can you better break down "eating right"? Does this mean you are eating Grilled Chicken and egg whites vs pop tarts and hamburgers OR are you tracking calories so that you are in a negative balance i:e eating 2000 cals but burning 2200?

What is your cardio and overall exercise regime like?

As I tell everyone

1. Diet/Food Choices
2. Exercise
(One and Two can be interchangeable)
3. Supplementation.

If one and 2 are not in check, no fat burners/thermos/ diet pills will truly be effective. If there was, obesity would not exist.
yep this

first and foremost would be to get yourself healthy.....even with supplementation I would recommend looking for stuff to improve overall health like a quality multi vitamin and fish oil....you'll see results quickly, after you hit a wall you can look into more serious options like hydroxyelite, but I'd let nature do it's thing first as you improve your health and get in the groove of working out

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 30% bodyfat, all you need is a solid diet, training routine and motivation/dedication. You will be easily able to lose fat if you're at 30%. I would just get some of the basics for now. Get a good multi like Orange Triad, fish oil such as Oxiomega, joint support if you need it and a creatine. For creatine, I would suggest PowerMax XT as it is a complete ergogenic aid. You'll get your full dose o creatine as well as full doses of TMG, L-Alanyl L-Glutamine and COP all of which will help in recovery, performance and endurance.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A lot of great advice coming in. Id hold off on anything "extra" right now. Dial in your diet, by literally tracking ALL your macros. If you eat a little Debbie oatmeal pie or swiss roll, make sure to add it to your tracker. If you dont put it all down, youre just lying to yourself which in turn kills motivation. FYI, My Fitness Pal is good at monitoring your intake, just dont pay too much attention to their recommendations. Case in point, I generally try and take in 200-220g of protein where its saying I should have 80. Ridonkulous! Once youve hit a plateau by doing it naturally, then you can look at adding a few things such as stims. Key thing to remember is a hard thing to think about.... The faster you lose it, the faster it will come back!! Good luck, and believe me, stay on here and ask questions, these people are great at giving advice, helping you through stuff and flat out motivating the h3ll out of you. I have made tremendous gains since being on here, and Im 38 working 4 jobs!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A lot of great advice coming in. Id hold off on anything "extra" right now. Dial in your diet, by literally tracking ALL your macros. If you eat a little Debbie oatmeal pie or swiss roll, make sure to add it to your tracker. If you dont put it all down, youre just lying to yourself which in turn kills motivation. FYI, My Fitness Pal is good at monitoring your intake, just dont pay too much attention to their recommendations. Case in point, I generally try and take in 200-220g of protein where its saying I should have 80. Ridonkulous! Once youve hit a plateau by doing it naturally, then you can look at adding a few things such as stims. Key thing to remember is a hard thing to think about.... The faster you lose it, the faster it will come back!! Good luck, and believe me, stay on here and ask questions, these people are great at giving advice, helping you through stuff and flat out motivating the h3ll out of you. I have made tremendous gains since being on here, and Im 38 working 4 jobs!
I agree with this except the part about the faster you lose it, the faster it comes back. In order to gain it back, you need to eat in a surplus. If you go back to your old habits, it will come back. If you learn new habits (very hard) - you will be better off and keep it off. But a lot of people believe the faster off, faster it comes back thing.

FireTitan

FireTitan

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with this except the part about the faster you lose it, the faster it comes back. In order to gain it back, you need to eat in a surplus. If you go back to your old habits, it will come back. If you learn new habits (very hard) - you will be better off and keep it off. But a lot of people believe the faster off, faster it comes back thing.
You're correct. I guess what I meant was, if you lose it to fast, and THEN default on your succes, it returns quickly. Does that make better sense? My bad and good catch!

josun

Awards
  • Established
Lots of great information right here op . The one supplement i would recommend is epic unleashed. Or any epi product it helps a lot with endurance and im pretty sure ur going to be doing lots of cardio

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You're correct. I guess what I meant was, if you lose it to fast, and THEN default on your succes, it returns quickly. Does that make better sense? My bad and good catch!
Yeah, I get what you mean. I just think we often make losing weight harder than it needs to be and create rules that don't help us reach our goals. That is a common one - more people believe what you said than you would believe, and it almost sabotages the mentality of losing weight. But, it has a good intention...slow and steady and stay safe and healthy.