Supercharge Your Tocotrienols/Tocopherols: Add Sesame Lignans!

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are currently taking, or are planning to take, a tocotrienols/tocopherols (or loosely speaking, Vitamin E) complex, you can dramatically improve absorption and effectiveness by adding sesame lignans to those tocotrienols/tocopherols. Sesame lignans inhibit the enzyme (CYP3A, a specific cytochrome P-450) that breaks down tocotrienols/tocopherols, thereby, allowing the build-up of tissue concentrations of tocotrienols/tocopherols in the body. Tocotrienols in particular are potent compounds and elevating cellular concentrations of these agents would produce even more significant results.

Besides all these, sesame lignans have other important benefits, (both alone and in combination with other agents), such as raising tissue and serum levels of biological antioxidants, delivering significant anti-inflammatory power, inhibition of LDL oxidation, stimulation of fatty acid oxidation, inhibition of free radical lipid peroxidation in fish oil supplements by free radicals, and so on.

If you are not currently supplementing with sesame lignans, and are not currently taking an arachidonic-acid supplement, sesame lignans may be worth considering.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Toco-8 is without question the best tocotrienol product I know. I enjoy to add sesame lignans to it regularly. :food:

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
If you are currently taking, or are planning to take, a tocotrienols/tocopherols (or loosely speaking, Vitamin E) complex, you can dramatically improve absorption and effectiveness by adding sesame lignans to those tocotrienols/tocopherols. Sesame lignans inhibit the enzyme (CYP3A, a specific cytochrome P-450) that breaks down tocotrienols/tocopherols, thereby, allowing the build-up of tissue concentrations of tocotrienols/tocopherols in the body. Tocotrienols in particular are potent compounds and elevating cellular concentrations of these agents would produce even more significant results.

Besides all these, sesame lignans have other important benefits, (both alone and in combination with other agents), such as raising tissue and serum levels of biological antioxidants, delivering significant anti-inflammatory power, inhibition of LDL oxidation, stimulation of fatty acid oxidation, inhibition of free radical lipid peroxidation in fish oil supplements by free radicals, and so on.

If you are not currently supplementing with sesame lignans, and are not currently taking an arachidonic-acid supplement, sesame lignans may be worth considering.

Interesting indeed, thanks for the study. I'm not sure if this has been fully elucidated, but I wonder if intestinal specific cyp-4503A4 inhibitors (specifically, grapefruit juice), would also increase absorption of vit E. I'm not sure how much of the chylomicron is actually metabolized before it is transported into the blood from the intestinal lumen. VitE is quite bioavailable when taken with fat, so I doubt something like grapefruit juice would have any additional benefit.

I would also add a word of caution. The upper limit of vit E is around 1000-2000 IU/day. Taking a cyp-450 inhibitor with moderate doses of vitE could increase your effective circulating dose closer to the safe "upper limit".

Also, gotta watch out with taking lots of VitE with anticoagulants since it has been linked iwth anticoagulation (anyone doing an ECA stack, thats you...as in aspirin...as I doubt anyone taking warfarin or heparin is bodybuilding). In addition, sesame lignans are inherently anti-coagulant themselves as they prevent the formation of arachidonic acid...and hence reduce the levels of circulating thromboxane A2, a thrombogenic prostaglandin. VitE + sesame lignans could provide a high level of anti-coagulation if you are taking too much of both...add in another anticoagulant like aspirin, and you might have some issues with bruising and clotting. Just a word of caution. I know it is probably unnecessary, as the levels of VitE and sesame lignans to produce such an effect would have to be quite high.

Since toco-8 is expensive, a lower dose of toco-8 with a low-dose of sesame lignans might help reduce the overall cost. I'm not knocking toco-8, I understand the reason for its cost and have made it a staple of my life for the past 3 months...and will continue to do so for awhile.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
1HP

1HP

Awards
  • Established
Sesamin kills my libido :( Fast too, just takes a few days and its gone. I cant even take Udo's choice because of the sesam content.

strategicmove

strategicmove

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sesame lignans are derived from sesame seeds. More specifically, sesame seeds are loaded with two unique lignans. One is sesamin and the other is sesamol. You can get a rich supply of sesame lignans from sesame seeds or sesame oil. Sesame lignans are hardly sold stand-alone, but are mostly used as components of other products.