Sunclouds 8 week PULSE : LMG + HAVOC

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks zero and russian. i'm pushing myself as hard as possible.

the surprising thing is i don't hurt today as much as i thought i would. sure my quads are burning, as is my back, but i've felt worse than this doing less weight. am i recovering much faster, or do i need to push myself even harder? as far as deads go, my grip strength is whats keeping me from doing much more. these silly 6.5 inch wrists make them so much harder.

off to the gym in 2 hours, will update.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
workout 6

holy sh!t. today frikken rocked. tons of junk came up in my life (it usually does), hit the weights, and here's the numbers:

i've got the "gym high" today - that absolute feeling i can't put words to.
Gotta love the "gym high"!! It's the best high there is. The alpha-male mentality and self-confidence are truly addictive! Sounds like you're already enjoying this pulse cycle bro. Good. Have fun with it. Lift heavy, eat lots of clean food, and get plenty of sleep. All the rest will fall right into line. :head:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love the "gym high"!! It's the best high there is. The alpha-male mentality and self-confidence are truly addictive! Sounds like you're already enjoying this pulse cycle bro. Good. Have fun with it. Lift heavy, eat lots of clean food, and get plenty of sleep. All the rest will fall right into line. :head:

no joke brotha. this is insane.

russian, i will put your diet advice into practice AFTER this cycle. i've hit really good numbers these last two days, and i'm kind of scared slashing 2k calories from my diet. when i'm done with PCT and start cutting, i'll gladly take your advice to heart, and put your knowledge to good use!

on to the workout.

chest / shoulders
4 sets of 5 as supersets

bench press 185/205/205/205 (up 10-20 lbs on LIGHTEST set)
military press 145/145/155/155 (up 10 lbs for two sets)
incline bench 175/175/175/175 (up 20 lbs on LIGHTEST set)
front delt DB raises 25/30/30/30 (no change)
butterfly machine 220/220/220/220 (machine maxed)
side delt DB raises 25/25/30/30 (up 5 lbs for two sets)

here's where it gets weird. this is when i usually run out of steam, and can't really push myself very hard. doing chest dips with 25 lbs is what i did for 4 sets last week. i did them again today, and damn 25 was hard, but i tried to go up anyways, and it was just as hard doing 30 lbs as 25 was. i went up from there. :think: WTF over? here's the continuation of my workout.

chest dips - BW + 25/30/35/40
rear delt DB raises - 25/25/25/25
smith upright row 80/85/90/90 (up 5 lbs for two sets)
wide grip pullovers 80/80/80/80

chest dips really hurt with 40 lbs. i can feel it between my clavicle and my shoulder joint. but damn, i did it! 45 is my target for next week!

thats it for today.

motivational song for today :Def Leppard - coming under fire

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7e8H8lJzh2w"]YouTube - Def Leppard Comin Under Fire[/ame]

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
today was really weird. again, no energy all morning. its related to stress no doubt. G/F is going crazy with the meds again, and i've had no energy past lunch time. hit the gym, and all my energy and focus came on at once! had a nasty workout :

bi's / tri's
4 sets of 10 as supersets
dips BW + 35/45/55/55 (um... wtf... did BW + 65 for 8 reps. thats an extra set with 20 lbs more!)
reverse grip preacher curls 45/45/45/45 (gonna nix this - my wrists can't take this movement)
close grip bench 135/135/145/145 (155x6 after)
preacher curl 75/75/75/80 (up 5 lbs)
leaning forward cable curl 60/60/60/60
skullcrushers 75/75/80/80 (up 5 lbs, have to do them seated - the weight is just awkward when standing)
rope tricep pushdown 90/90/90/90

again, did my dropsets of :
hammer curls
pinwheel curls
30 lbs till failure, 25 till failure, 20 till failure, 15 till failure, walk.

triceps hurt. it hurts to straighten my arm. this pump is insane. thats it for today brothas.

my song for today : sepultura - refuse / resist
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LUP7q8w1LY&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/nomedia]

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
Whats up suncload, sounds like its goin good. You up any weight yet, or still a little early?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Whats up suncload, sounds like its goin good. You up any weight yet, or still a little early?
about 2 lbs so far. nothing to write home about, but i hear phera takes some time to really kick in masswise, but strength comes sooner. havoc kicks in much quicker masswise, but mass on havoc isn't huge. havoc strength gains come very soon after starting. i would say the havoc kicked in within the 3rd dose. first dose i was sweating, so my body definitely knew something was different!

strength gains are phenomenal so far. by the end of this month i'll hit a PR for tricep dips without a doubt, and overall i'm insanely happy with this pulse. that infamous "gym high" has eluded me for probably half a year now. if i can get that once a week, i'll be the happiest SOB on this board!

what pulse did you decide to run, and when is it starting? is it a pulse, or a stack? lemme know.

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
about 2 lbs so far. nothing to write home about, but i hear phera takes some time to really kick in masswise, but strength comes sooner. havoc kicks in much quicker masswise, but mass on havoc isn't huge. havoc strength gains come very soon after starting. i would say the havoc kicked in within the 3rd dose. first dose i was sweating, so my body definitely knew something was different!

strength gains are phenomenal so far. by the end of this month i'll hit a PR for tricep dips without a doubt, and overall i'm insanely happy with this pulse. that infamous "gym high" has eluded me for probably half a year now. if i can get that once a week, i'll be the happiest SOB on this board!

what pulse did you decide to run, and when is it starting? is it a pulse, or a stack? lemme know.

Sounds good man, Im the same up like 2 or 3 pounds. Im running phera right now then bridging the last two weeks into m-drol. Looks like this: Phera - 45/60/60/45, M-drol - 20/30/30/30 or maybe 40 depends on how I feel. Im in the second week right now. And of course all the supports and such.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'd caution you on that much m-drol. play it by ear - usually 20mg is more than enough for someone. 60mg of phera sounds high, but i'm really not positive. also, i hope you're eating a ton of carbs. phera is vaguely carb hungry, m-drol very carb hungry.

anyways, 2-3 pounds already, you're doing something right. good luck with the rest of your cycle.

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
i'd caution you on that much m-drol. play it by ear - usually 20mg is more than enough for someone. 60mg of phera sounds high, but i'm really not positive. also, i hope you're eating a ton of carbs. phera is vaguely carb hungry, m-drol very carb hungry.

anyways, 2-3 pounds already, you're doing something right. good luck with the rest of your cycle.
Yea thanks man, I'm definetly playing it by ear. I think the weight is just probably from all the food I have been eating

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thats how you grow. its always the food. food is the ultimate anabolic. everything else just helps the weight come faster. if you can eat in PCT the way you did while on cycle, your losses will be minimal. good luck with your cycle!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
today was a bit interesting. its always disconcerting when you wake up from a knock on the door and see the cops there. they weren't there for me, so at least that was good.

anyways, a bit stressed today, no biggie. hit the gym with a vengeance today:

legs / back
squats to 90 degrees 135/195/205/205 (up 10 lbs)
sumo deadlifts 185/205/215/215 (up 10 lbs for two sets)
pull ups - body weight 0/0/0/5 (yay... weight belt + 2.5 lbs = 5 i looked retarded)
one arm DB row 50/50/50/50 (up 5 for two)
SLDL 115/115/115/115 (nada. boo)
close grip pullowns - 100/110/120/135 (added a fiver to the stack)
SLED 410/410/410/440 (failed on rep 8 for last set)
straight arm lat pushdown 70/70/80/80
donkey calf raises 90/90/90/115 (damn... when will i go up???)
Wide grip Pulldowns 100/110/120/120 (up 5 lbs)

today sucked so much, i had to make up for it at the gym. i frikken hurt today. tri's/bi's from yesterday are still toast. one arm DB rows had my arms shaking. thats comedy - i looked like a dumba$$ in there, i'm sure of it.

EDIT : on a side note, both my knees feel a little weird today. i can't describe it other than it feels like they're full of air. almost a hollow feeling. i've had it before though, and i don't know what it means. definitely something i could not blame on any of my supps.

inspirational song today : motley crue : kickstart my heart
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOApFs494CA"]YouTube - Motley Crue - Kickstart My Heart[/ame]

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Killer workout.

How much help do you think the androgens giving you?

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good man, Im the same up like 2 or 3 pounds. Im running phera right now then bridging the last two weeks into m-drol. Looks like this: Phera - 45/60/60/45, M-drol - 20/30/30/30 or maybe 40 depends on how I feel. Im in the second week right now. And of course all the supports and such.
You are gonna regret your Mdrol run. 4 weeks too much. 3 weeks of 30mg WAY too much. Dude, run your Phera 30/45/60/45, last week bridged into 10/20/20 of mdrol. You will be shut down from this bridge more than likely. But YOUR plan might really hurt you.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Killer workout.

How much help do you think the androgens giving you?
a lot. usually i go up in one workout on any given day. and thats 5-10 pounds depending on the movement. i'll go up twice if i'm having a good day. more than that is purely androgens, so i can safely say they are helping a lot.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
a lot. usually i go up in one workout on any given day. and thats 5-10 pounds depending on the movement. i'll go up twice if i'm having a good day. more than that is purely androgens, so i can safely say they are helping a lot.
Is it purely strength or endurance as well?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Is it purely strength or endurance as well?
vaguely endurance, but i sweat so much at the gym that i won't be putting it into practice. with as much as i've been sweating from weights, i'd be scared to start running after a workout.

the strength is definitely the most noticeable aspect though.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
vaguely endurance, but i sweat so much at the gym that i won't be putting it into practice. with as much as i've been sweating from weights, i'd be scared to start running after a workout.

the strength is definitely the most noticeable aspect though.

Good stuff!

boggs67ss

Awards
  • Established
You are gonna regret your Mdrol run. 4 weeks too much. 3 weeks of 30mg WAY too much. Dude, run your Phera 30/45/60/45, last week bridged into 10/20/20 of mdrol. You will be shut down from this bridge more than likely. But YOUR plan might really hurt you.
Thanks for the advice man. I've already run phera 45/60. So your suggesting to start the bridge on my 4th week of phera? I hear mix things about running m-drol for the 4th week or not, im going to play it by ear. Will probably do my last 2 weeks of phera like this 60/45.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice man. I've already run phera 45/60. So your suggesting to start the bridge on my 4th week of phera? I hear mix things about running m-drol for the 4th week or not, im going to play it by ear. Will probably do my last 2 weeks of phera like this 60/45.
This is a pretty intense cycle to run without having ran mdrol previously solo.

I personally would run the bridge 3 weeks/ 3weeks... but that is just me.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wow. today is insane. began sluggish, as usual. my sleep is off - go to bed at 2am, wake up around 8. took me awhile to get going today. little stressed today, no biggie. went to the gym a bit late today, and was so happy today was chest/shoulders. was really motivated to hit it up. then i realized it was leg/back day. man. that made me angry. used that anger to fuel my workout - here we go:

legs/back
4 sets of 5 as supersets
squats (ATG) 165/165/170/170 (up 5 pounds for two sets)
chin ups bw + 25/30/30/30 (up 5 lbs for one set)
deadlift to shrug 205/225/225/235 (last set 4 reps only. grip strength is pathetic)
t-bar row (they fixed it!) 115/115/115/115 (no clue of change)
lat pull down 120/120/120/120 (no change)
SLDL 115/115/115/115
SLED 410/410/410/430 (up 20 lbs for one set)
bent over rows 115/115/125/125 (nothing new)
donkey calf raises 115/115/125/125 (up 10 pounds finally!)
preacher curls 75/75/75/75

all in all, this workout was awesome. by the time i finished deads, i almost caught that gym high again! damn. tried to chase my last set of deads with 135 lbs x 15, but the gym high never went above a buzz.

deads are now my favorite exercise. nothing else has given me that gym high feeling, and i know this is whats doing it. going to buy some wrist straps, and work on grip strength so this feeling will come more often!

on a sidenote, this workout drained all my energy. drinking my shake is taking more effort than i want to spend. wow. damn. if it weren't for the gym, i would have lost my sanity years ago. this cycle has everything i want so far - moderate weight increases, good strength gains, and that elusive gym high.

song of the day : van halen - standing on top of the world
YouTube - Van Halen - Top Of The World (Toronto, ON, Canada ´95)

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
wow. today is insane. If it weren't for the gym, i would have lost my sanity years ago. this cycle has everything i want so far - moderate weight increases, good strength gains, and that elusive gym high.
I agree. I'd be a total basket case if it were not for the release that lifting weights gives me. It is the best way to relieve stress that I know of. And the gym high is the best high that there is. Bar none!! Keep up the good stuff here suncloud!!:head:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks TG. god i feel like i got hit by a train. my back is the sorest its ever been. i should add i had a crazy pump yesterday. my bicep got such a pump from chins, i had problems getting the barbell from bent over rows to touch my ribs. it was physically painful in my bicep. frikken unreal.

the older i get, the more i understand what INTENSITY is all about - at 17 that would have stopped my workout.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well, another day is here. legs still hurt, back is a mess. i'm OK with that. today, chest/shoulders. took my B-12 pre workout, here we go :

chest/shoulders
4 sets of 5 as supersets
bench press 205/210/215/210 (5-10 lb increase on 3 sets)
military press 155/160/165/165 (10 pound gain for two sets)
incline bench 175/175/180/180 (up 5 lbs for two)
DB front delt raises 30/35/35/30 (up 5 lbs for two as well)
butterfly machine 220/220/220/220 (machine maxed still)
DB side delt raises 25/30/30/30 (no change)
chest dips 40/40/40/40 (nothing)
rear delt DB raises 25/25/25/25 (nothing)
smith upright row 90/100/100/100 (up 10 lbs for three. tried 105 and noticed my calves moving)

damn. the upright rows have me pretty happy right now. my shoulder girdle needs to expand to put on more weight, so this exercise in particular i pay special attention to. tried going up on side delt raises, no love. not even possible without cheating. question for anyone watching this log : should i move my chest dips up to my 2nd or 3rd superset, since its a more compound movement than the butterfly machine, or should i leave it where it is? my gut says move it up, but i'm wondering if its necessary. tomorrow morning is going to be painful.

song for today : rammstein - du hast
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
well, another day is here. legs still hurt, back is a mess. i'm OK with that. today, chest/shoulders. took my B-12 pre workout, here we go :

chest/shoulders
4 sets of 5 as supersets
bench press 205/210/215/210 (5-10 lb increase on 3 sets)
military press 155/160/165/165 (10 pound gain for two sets)
incline bench 175/175/180/180 (up 5 lbs for two)
DB front delt raises 30/35/35/30 (up 5 lbs for two as well)
butterfly machine 220/220/220/220 (machine maxed still)
DB side delt raises 25/30/30/30 (no change)
chest dips 40/40/40/40 (nothing)
rear delt DB raises 25/25/25/25 (nothing)
smith upright row 90/100/100/100 (up 10 lbs for three. tried 105 and noticed my calves moving)

damn. the upright rows have me pretty happy right now. my shoulder girdle needs to expand to put on more weight, so this exercise in particular i pay special attention to. tried going up on side delt raises, no love. not even possible without cheating. question for anyone watching this log : should i move my chest dips up to my 2nd or 3rd superset, since its a more compound movement than the butterfly machine, or should i leave it where it is? my gut says move it up, but i'm wondering if its necessary. tomorrow morning is going to be painful.

song for today : rammstein - du hast
YouTube - Rammstein - Du hast

I'd think you want to move up the dips. They're like upper body squats....I always do them first. Dips are actually the only chest movement I've been doing for the last 2-3 months due to my chest being overdeveloped in proportion to my back.

Suncloud- Have you experimented with lower volume or have you always done that much volume?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i've tried less volume, and i don't seem to get much out of it. i end up with a pump, something that feels good, next day no DOMS at all. i've tried more volume, but it seems to be overkill. ultimately, i'd like to drop two exercises per day, as the last superset beats me senseless, but i really don't know. i'm making progress, and thats what really matters.

genetically, my dad was a marathon runner. ecto genes. he would run 5k before breakfast, eat, go to work, then play lacrosse or ice hockey before dinner (its a canadian thing i think). mom was 5'4", just turned 62, and just got to 105 lbs last year.

i think genetically i have endurance genes that have to be stimulated by volume. as everything though, its a work in progress, so time will tell if it really pays off. i think this amount of volume has given me the best results. a few months ago, i had 4 more exercises per day, and it was just too much for me.

i'll try moving my chest dips up in the routine for next week, as per your advice. thanks brotha for your input.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
i've tried less volume, and i don't seem to get much out of it. i end up with a pump, something that feels good, next day no DOMS at all. i've tried more volume, but it seems to be overkill. ultimately, i'd like to drop two exercises per day, as the last superset beats me senseless, but i really don't know. i'm making progress, and thats what really matters.

genetically, my dad was a marathon runner. ecto genes. he would run 5k before breakfast, eat, go to work, then play lacrosse or ice hockey before dinner (its a canadian thing i think). mom was 5'4", just turned 62, and just got to 105 lbs last year.

i think genetically i have endurance genes that have to be stimulated by volume. as everything though, its a work in progress, so time will tell if it really pays off. i think this amount of volume has given me the best results. a few months ago, i had 4 more exercises per day, and it was just too much for me.

i'll try moving my chest dips up in the routine for next week, as per your advice. thanks brotha for your input.
Cool, sounds like you know the best way to grow for your body type. I'm exactly the opposite of you. I'm an endo/meso. I used to do much higher volume, but found that I grow best on about 8-12 sets per body part. For chest, I only go 4 sets a week....it grows too fast.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
ecto/endo here. need the mad endurance to stimulate the ecto, and need the compound moves and heavy weight for the endo part.

the ecto takes over for the most part, as you can see from my retarded diet.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
wednesday, my arm day. i did something insane today. i know this because i know what i did last week on these exercises. hit a couple PR's today! not that CG bench is really a PR - i'm still not quite doing my body weight for them, but i'll take it. here's the damage :

bi's / tri's
dips BW + 55/70/80/85 (85 was 8 reps. PR baby!!!!)
pinwheel curls 35/35/35/35 (kinda lame when you see the above numbers)
close grip bench 135/145/155/165 (165x 7. still a PR)
reverse grip tricep pushdown 110/110/110/110 (no change)
preacher curl 75/75/80/80 (up 5 lbs for one set)
leaning forward cable curl 60/60/60/60
skullcrushers 75/75/80/80 (up 5 lbs, have to do them seated - the weight is just awkward when standing)
rope tricep pushdown 70/70/80/70 (went down - triceps were toast)

all in all, what can i say! i've never broken 80 on weighted dips before, and my previous max was 80x6! i'm stoked and exhausted at the same time! i wish i didn't have to drop the weights for rope dips though, that would have rocked. finished this off with a bicep/tricep extreme stretch from dante's DVD. damn, what a frikken pump! while DC might not be enough working sets for my body composition, the extreme stretch gave me the most retarded pump. i don't have the ability to take off my shirt at the moment. thats craziness. anyways, thats it for today brothas, thanks for stopping by!

today, my music of choice is Pantera - cowboys from hell
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
man, this log is quiet the last couple days. today is legs/back day. took my b-12, been dosing vit C pretty high as per russians suggestion. here we go :

legs/back
squats to 90 degrees 135/195/205/205 (up 10 lbs, burns like hell)
sumo deadlifts 185/205/215/215
pull ups - body weight + 5/7.5/7.5/7.5 (up 7.5 pounds for three)
one arm DB row 50/50/50/50
SLDL 115/115/115/125 (8 reps on last set, up 10 lbs)
close grip pullowns - 100/110/120/135
SLED 410/410/410/410
donkey calf raises 90/115/115/115 (up 25 for two sets)
Wide grip Pulldowns 100/110/120/120

this workout sucked bigtime. i would have liked to have made some major increases. got burned out at the end of superset 3, so i had to push myself just to finish the routine. what the fcuk over?

when i say it was an effort to FINISH this workout, i'm not joking. i'm very frustrated today. total workout time - 45 minutes. bleh.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
man, this log is quiet the last couple days. today is legs/back day. took my b-12, been dosing vit C pretty high as per russians suggestion. here we go :

legs/back
squats to 90 degrees 135/195/205/205 (up 10 lbs, burns like hell)
sumo deadlifts 185/205/215/215
pull ups - body weight + 5/7.5/7.5/7.5 (up 7.5 pounds for three)
one arm DB row 50/50/50/50
SLDL 115/115/115/125 (8 reps on last set, up 10 lbs)
close grip pullowns - 100/110/120/135
SLED 410/410/410/410
donkey calf raises 90/115/115/115 (up 25 for two sets)
Wide grip Pulldowns 100/110/120/120

this workout sucked bigtime. i would have liked to have made some major increases. got burned out at the end of superset 3, so i had to push myself just to finish the routine. what the fcuk over?

when i say it was an effort to FINISH this workout, i'm not joking. i'm very frustrated today. total workout time - 45 minutes. bleh.
You run a lot of crazy supersets... which is cool, but your body probably can't keep up with what you think it can. Especially if you are going for strength goals. Try 1 superset a workout.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
You run a lot of crazy supersets... which is cool, but your body probably can't keep up with what you think it can. Especially if you are going for strength goals. Try 1 superset a workout.
i've tried doing less, but all i get is a pump. granted, i'm still growing regardless, but i feel like i'm cheating if i don't get DOMS. IDK. today was a serious off day. usually i have the endurance to do this without problems.

thanks for stopping in GMG! this thread is oddly quiet as of late.

GMG760

GMG760

Awards
  • Established
So is mine... it's all good. People have more time towards the beginning of the weeks... mid cycle is always slower during a thread... people are just waiting for results.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
subbed, suncloud looking good bro!:djparty:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
is the diet tracker off? i tried getting as close to my diet as possible. i subbed my 2 home-made double cheeseburgers for two whoppers with cheese. that was my only substitute.

here's what it told me. daily intake:

protein : 590
carbs : 739
fat : 381

total calories 8745 ....

now i could have sworn i was at 7-7.5k calories. on non training days, my caloric intake drops by 1500 calories - no pre/post workout shake.

now i understand that supersets burn calories like crazy - i do it to stay thin while bulking, as well as for the DOMS, but THAT many calories?

man. i'm going to buy those take-home worm killer pills just in case.

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks TG. god i feel like i got hit by a train. my back is the sorest its ever been. i should add i had a crazy pump yesterday. my bicep got such a pump from chins, i had problems getting the barbell from bent over rows to touch my ribs. it was physically painful in my bicep. frikken unreal.

the older i get, the more i understand what INTENSITY is all about - at 17 that would have stopped my workout.
Oh man, I love this line!! I started working out at 19 and my 19 year old self wouldn't last 5 minutes with my crazy ass today!! I didn't have much of a pain-threshold/tolerance back then. Now I welcome the pain. :twisted: I honestly don't think I have ever trained as hard as I am right now. It's a freakin' blast!!! :woohoo::dance:

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
man, this log is quiet the last couple days.
I've come to realize that people are viewing the thread even if they're not always posting. Some people just don't have a lot to say. Unlike myself!! :rolleyes: It's all good suncloud. The weekends are usually slow as people are out doing their "thang". Then it slacks off again about mid-week. It seems like Monday and Friday are peak days for posters. Keep up the hard work here brutha!! :thumbsup:

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established
im here,bro! keep up the good work!..awesome log,btw!:whip:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
thanks guys. friday morning, legs/back are sore, not too bad. i'm going to throw down today!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
well damn! today's workout definitely made up for yesterdays. i feel immortal right now. major weight increases in the first two supersets.

chest/shoulders
DB bench press 55/60/60/60 (up 10 pounds for two, PR with the 60's. had to rest pause last set to get 10 reps)
DB arnold press 35/35/40/40 (up 5 lbs for two sets)
DB incline bench 50/50/55/55 (up 10 pounds for two again - WTF?)
cable front delt raises 25/30/30/30 (up 5 lbs for three)
decline barbell bench 225/235/235/235 (up 10 lbs for three)
cable side delt raises 30/30/30/30 (nada)
cable crossovers 65/65/65/65 (happy just to make it through this)
wide grip pullovers 50/50/60/60 (up 10 lbs for two)
cable upright rows 70/80/80/80 (up 10 lbs for three)
cable rear delt raises 20/20/20/25 (failure on 25 on rep 8)
preacher curls (weak point training) 75/80/80/80

damn!!!! i'm pumped beyond belief. came home, my g/f said "you're huge!". its always nice to hear a girl say that, though usually under different circumstances :)

song of the day. my inspiration right now

Metallica - ORION
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSndn8E5FRY"]YouTube - Metallica - Orion live[/ame]

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well damn! today's workout definitely made up for yesterdays. i feel immortal right now. major weight increases in the first two supersets.
And you just can't beat that. Believe me. I know!! :box: I think it's also safe to say that your gear has kicked in. :D

thundergod

thundergod

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thanks guys. friday morning, legs/back are sore, not too bad. i'm going to throw down today!
I just noticed this. This is why your workout went so well. I want you to recognize this. You said earlier that day you were going to throw down. And you damn sure did! You have to believe and then speak it into existence with the power of faith. You tapped into positive energy here my brother. Try the same protocol before next workout. Meditate on the workout earlier in the day. Visualize yourself throwing down on the weights like a furious beast. This stuff works bro. I utilize self-visualization/self-hynosis before all workouts. I cannot be defeated!!! :hammer:

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
I just noticed this. This is why your workout went so well. I want you to recognize this. You said earlier that day you were going to throw down. And you damn sure did! You have to believe and then speak it into existence with the power of faith. You tapped into positive energy here my brother. Try the same protocol before next workout. Meditate on the workout earlier in the day. Visualize yourself throwing down on the weights like a furious beast. This stuff works bro. I utilize self-visualization/self-hynosis before all workouts. I cannot be defeated!!! :hammer:
definitely. i will use this next time. i will visually pump myself up before a workout, and use it to crush those weights.

bslick69b

bslick69b

Awards
  • Established

chest/shoulders
DB bench press 55/60/60/60 (up 10 pounds for two, PR with the 60's. had to rest pause last set to get 10 reps)
DB arnold press 35/35/40/40 (up 5 lbs for two sets)
DB incline bench 50/50/55/55 (up 10 pounds for two again - WTF?)
cable front delt raises 25/30/30/30 (up 5 lbs for three)
decline barbell bench 225/235/235/235 (up 10 lbs for three)
cable side delt raises 30/30/30/30 (nada)
cable crossovers 65/65/65/65 (happy just to make it through this)
wide grip pullovers 50/50/60/60 (up 10 lbs for two)
cable upright rows 70/80/80/80 (up 10 lbs for three)
cable rear delt raises 20/20/20/25 (failure on 25 on rep 8)
preacher curls (weak point training) 75/80/80/80

damn!!!! i'm pumped beyond belief. came home, my g/f said "you're huge!". its always nice to hear a girl say that, though usually under different circumstances :)

song of the day. my inspiration right now

Metallica - ORION
YouTube - Metallica - Orion live
whoa!..suncloud..total madness, and anihalation!...good weight increase!..keep it up.bro!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
whoa!..suncloud..total madness, and anihalation!...good weight increase!..keep it up.bro!
dude. friday was unreal. seriously, one of the most motivating workouts i've ever had.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
OKAY. semi good workout today. i say semi, because on my set of bent over rows, i felt a tendon tweaking in my right elbow. thankfully, when it did tweak, i was almost done with my workout. very nice increases in weight - had to take out my last set (curls) because of the elbow. here's the damage:

legs/back
4 sets of 5 as supersets
squats (ATG) 165/175/185/185 (15 lb gain for two sets
chin ups bw + 30/35/35/35 (up 5 lbs or all 4 sets. last set, 4 reps)
deadlift to shrug 225/225/235/235 (up 10 lbs for one set - no grip issues today)
t-bar row 115/115/115/125 (up 10 lbs for one set0
lat pull down 120/120/120/125 (up 5 lbs for one set)
SLDL 115/115/115/125 (up 10 lbs for one set)
SLED 410/410/410/430 (nothing
bent over rows 115/125/135 (up 10 lbs - elbow tweaked on rep 4)
donkey calf raises 115/115/125/125 (nothing)
DB shrugs 60/60/60/60

man. thank god it tweaked at the END of the workout! i'll do an extra warmup set tomorrow for chest day just to make sure its OK. all in all, a very solid workout. if i can go up this much every week, i'll be super impressed with this cycle.

on an interesting side note, i usually don't look at anyone working out. i saw some kid, maybe 16 years old, 120 lbs, doing speed curls with the 8 sided dumbells - my gym only stocks the 5,8, and 10 lb variety. eyes back to my deadlift bar - teach me for looking at humans....

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
Your gym only has 5, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells? You might need to find another gym!

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Your gym only has 5, 8, and 10 pound dumbbells? You might need to find another gym!
lol. in the 8 sided variety - usually what i call the "girly dumbells".

the normal, round ones go up to 110 :)

it was just funny, i'd never seen a male in my gym, other than the old guys, use the 8 sided ones.

RobInKuwait

RobInKuwait

Awards
  • Established
lol. in the 8 sided variety - usually what i call the "girly dumbells".

the normal, round ones go up to 110 :)

it was just funny, i'd never seen a male in my gym, other than the old guys, use the 8 sided ones.
Ah ok. I misunderstood. Thats funny. :rofl: