STIMaholics Anonymous by Genomyx

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What is this you speak of? Dammit i really should start stretching..
I always ALWAYS do my stretching/mobility work before my lifting, especially for my squat/deadlift days (chest doesn't take as long, maybe 5-10min). Helps prep my ankles, calves, glutes, hams, quads, HIPS and lower back to prepare for what is about to happen and gets my loose, warm and ready to kill some weights.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't find the article or source that I'm about to mention, but i remember seeing that it was recommended to stretch after instead of before; for increased muscle growth. I stopped stretching pre and haven't had any injuries/problems since.

Wish I could remember where I read that...

joh408

Awards
  • Established
I can't find the article or source that I'm about to mention, but i remember seeing that it was recommended to stretch after instead of before; for increased muscle growth. I stopped stretching pre and haven't had any injuries/problems since.

Here's one that showed stretching before decreased strength:

http://m.jap.physiology.org/content/89/3/1179.full

One that showed stretching does not prevent injuries and may result in more:

http://mobile.journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/_layouts/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=1999&issue=10000&article=00007

I know there's a couple more that say static stretching is not beneficial before resulting in less strength. I think dynamic stretching such as biking is still deemed beneficial. I don't usually stretch before lifting. Mostly after unless I am doing some rehab exercises for the shoulder which involves a lot of motion and lightweights

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've found that just jumping straight into the weights was hell on my joints. I ultimately feel stronger and more prepared stretching prior to. To each their own though I'm sure there are pros/cons for both.

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's one that showed stretching before decreased strength:

http://m.jap.physiology.org/content/89/3/1179.full

One that showed stretching does not prevent injuries and may result in more:

http://mobile.journals.lww.com/cjsportsmed/_layouts/oaks.journals.mobile/articleviewer.aspx?year=1999&issue=10000&article=00007

I know there's a couple more that say static stretching is not beneficial before resulting in less strength. I think dynamic stretching such as biking is still deemed beneficial. I don't usually stretch before lifting. Mostly after unless I am doing some rehab exercises for the shoulder which involves a lot of motion and lightweights
Well damn! I'm just robbing myself of all my GAINS! Shoulder was exactly the example I was going to use. If I don't loosen up my (left specifically) shoulders prior to overhead press via DB or BB I get a lot of pain and popping going on... stretching makes that go away. D:

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well damn! I'm just robbing myself of all my GAINS! Shoulder was exactly the example I was going to use. If I don't loosen up my (left specifically) shoulders prior to overhead press via DB or BB I get a lot of pain and popping going on... stretching makes that go away. D:
Like you said, to each their own. Even though I stopped stretching, I have added more warmup reps with light weight and bar-pause-squats prior to lifting, so it does the same thing, I suppose.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Like you said, to each their own. Even though I stopped stretching, I have added more warmup reps with light weight and bar-pause-squats prior to lifting, so it does the same thing, I suppose.
I always try to do a couple of really light sets to get the blood flowing..

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Damn, I've been super busy this weekend between cookouts and my wife's honey do list! I've lifted everyday except for Friday. I'm actually using my last scoop of Stimaholic right now:( final review will be up soon.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Damn, I've been super busy this weekend between cookouts and my wife's honey do list! I've lifted everyday except for Friday. I'm actually using my last scoop of Stimaholic right now:( final review will be up soon.
Hawks tonight Pete or tomorrow?

was so glad to see NY win in OT last night..

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Hey DJ there's no Stimaholic on AM to leave a review. Did you want me to leave my final review at the end of my log?

DJBeanPole

DJBeanPole

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey DJ there's no Stimaholic on AM to leave a review. Did you want me to leave my final review at the end of my log?
Yea man thats fine with me!

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Ok, final review on STIMaholic!!!!

First when I opened it up the smell was amazing and It is a very fine white powder.

Mixability: it dissolved very well with no floaties and nothing sitting at the bottom. I give the mixability a 10/10

Taste: it tasted really good! Almost like a fruity piña colada. The taste never got old to me, from the first scoop to the last scoop. I'll give the taste a 10/10

Stim/energy: this product shines in this category! 3/4-1 level scoop was my sweet spot. Really no need to go over 1 level scoop. The stim effect came on very quick, I would say within 10 min you were ready to rock! The effect lasted quite a while, I lift in the morning around 6:00 and sometimes I still would feel it in the early afternoon, 1-2ish. There was no crash what so ever on the way down either. Through the whole tub, my tolerance remained the same all the way until maybe the last few workouts. The last 2-3 workouts I took a little over a level scoop. This product is definitely one of the most powerful, probably top 2 for stim wise. I'll give the stim factor a 9/10

Focus: the focus on this was kind of weird, sometimes it would be dead on like a laser and other times I wouldn't feel anything. I'll give the focus factor a 5/10

Thermo: this was great!! I noticed when I ran my tub I sweated more with everything I did throughout the day! Definitely during the workout and even after. At work, at home just chillin, cutting the grass, the list can go on! This stuff will make you sweat. This is one of the best products I've ever used for making me sweat. I felt warm all the time so I knew it was working. I'll give the thermo effect a 10/10.

STIMaholic was one of the best pre workouts I've ever used! I would definitely buy this product. It is in my top three favorite pre workout products! It is a higher stim with amazing energy. I had a blast using this product and it was really cool to have used it before it even hit the shelves! I want to say thanks to DJ for picking me to try it out cause you have a customer for life! If you like a great tasting product that provides amazing energy with no crash I would say definitely give this a try, you won't be disappointed! Thanks again Genomyx crew!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice review Pete! Sounds like a winner!

gymwrenchwv

gymwrenchwv

Awards
U continuing ur log or moving it somewhere else homie??