Started first cycle today

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Sorry about the long period there guys....been crazy busy here. Training and nutrition have been lax over the past week, work has me going nuts. Anyways dispite that I"m still climbing up the scale.....now 194 pounds but have some obvious fat loss. It seems my laziness on diet lately has caused some fat loss while still gaining some muscle mass.....a good thing for now. :D

Since the squat has been the hallmark of my training thus far I'll give everyone that update....

345 x 10 followed by 270 x 15.

Need opinions here.....i was going to run a 12 week cycle but some of the things i've read indicate that longer cycles often equate to better retaining of gains post-cycle. Therefore I was thinking of going the full 16 weeks. Thoughts? Maybe I"m losing my head and getting to hung up on the gains of the cycle. Input always appreciated.

Cuffs

Cuffs

Awards
  • Established
Hey G, did you decide to extend your cycle to 16? Give us an update. I'm a bit curious, as I was planning a 12-14 week first timer cycle.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Yes i did. I'm going to go the full 16 weeks which will take me through christmas and I'll stop at new years.

I feel i need to really. Some crap here lately have really gotten in the way of my planning and implementation of training/nutrition. The extra time gives me a bit more of a safety net to get things straightened away before cycles end.

JTrans

Awards
Sounds like a really great beginner cycle.....Since you planned to keep it going, I would make sure you have a really good PCT ready...IE: HCG-Clomid-Nolvadex etc......I also recommend a good anti-catabolic supplement (see in my cycle thread).....Id also take Nolvadex or Adex EOD or so, because the sides are really gonna start there toll, and can get even worse once you come off and your hormones go nuts.....In any case good luck, and make sure your diet and training is on track....juice is just the icing to your cake----Cheers---JT

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a really great beginner cycle.....Since you planned to keep it going, I would make sure you have a really good PCT ready...IE: HCG-Clomid-Nolvadex etc......I also recommend a good anti-catabolic supplement (see in my cycle thread)
Done and done. I haven't really had anything in the way of sides thus far. A little acne on my upper back is basically it.

Gethuge

Gethuge

Awards
  • Established
Just a final update for those who may have followed the thread.

End of cycle weight = 196 pounds
Current weight = 189 pounds

Cycle went really well. Lost some bodyfat in the process which was a nice bonus, and yet still had a net gain of 15 pounds. Still have some residual acne on my shoulders and upper back. "The boys" have gotten back into full function again with no problems and my training poundages are stable, minimal strength loss post cycle.....awesome!!!!

Thanks go out to everyone who helped along the way and in the prep before hand.