SNS X-GELS? Worth the buy or worthless?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reading this stuff just really makes me want to run it despite the warnings that I shouldn't. Irritable bowel syndrome and Arthritis in my knees are the reasons. Hey, I could just get a walker and make sure I'm always near a bathroom!. Or there is always the option of attaching a bucket to my ass!.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Alright, about to pop an order for 2 bottles. Plan to order some LCLT along with it. Hope this is $100 well spent...

Dosing will be 4-6 gels + 1.5-2g of LCLT pwo. Might dose 1-2 gels on off days - not sure yet...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright, about to pop an order for 2 bottles. Plan to order some LCLT along with it. Hope this is $100 well spent...

Dosing will be 4-6 gels + 1.5-2g of LCLT pwo. Might dose 1-2 gels on off days - not sure yet...
I would dose LCLT at 2-3 grams pre-workout. Will you be dosing GMS along with it?

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would dose LCLT at 2-3 grams pre-workout. Will you be dosing GMS along with it?
Thought about it, gotta check the prices... if I don't do both GMS and LCLT, which one would be better to stack?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thought about it, gotta check the prices... if I don't do both GMS and LCLT, which one would be better to stack?
GMS is pretty affordable. Look into Analyzed Supplements GMS or Controlled Labs GMS. If you were going to choose one over the other, I would go with GMS but would recommend stacking all three if possible.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
GMS is pretty affordable. Look into Analyzed Supplements GMS or Controlled Labs GMS. If you were going to choose one over the other, I would go with GMS but would recommend stacking all three if possible.
Ah hell, may as well. Found some glycergrow. Normally don't run natty stacks this expensive, but it does sound like a damn good combination. All the reviews sound stellar, so hopefully this doesn't turn out too underwhelming...

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ah hell, may as well. Found some glycergrow. Normally don't run natty stacks this expensive, but it does sound like a damn good combination. All the reviews sound stellar, so hopefully this doesn't turn out too underwhelming...
I hear ya man. Hope it goes well for you.

hyperCat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks kbayne.

One other thing I haven't heard much about - do any of these have any negative impact on sleep? There will be 2-3 workouts a week where I'll be working out later in the evening (~7pm). Anyone have sleep issues with any of these products?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks kbayne.

One other thing I haven't heard much about - do any of these have any negative impact on sleep? There will be 2-3 workouts a week where I'll be working out later in the evening (~7pm). Anyone have sleep issues with any of these products?
I haven't heard any issues with sleep while on ArA.

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I've quickly skimmed through this thread, and I don't know if it's been posted but this is worth the read if you're considring AA:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Arachidonic_Acid_Dangers.aspx

I have no qualms against SNS and I think they're doing an awesome job. I'm even running their Bulbine at the moment with DAA and Erase (very potent stuff, by the way). I just thought I'd spread the information.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
I've quickly skimmed through this thread, and I don't know if it's been posted but this is worth the read if you're considring AA:

http://www.peaktestosterone.com/Arachidonic_Acid_Dangers.aspx

I have no qualms against SNS and I think they're doing an awesome job. I'm even running their Bulbine at the moment with DAA and Erase (very potent stuff, by the way). I just thought I'd spread the information.
This applies to longterm consumption of ArA (e.g. the american diet is loaded with inflammatory foods that people consume over a lifetime). A 50 day run is no problem, and has data demonstrating its safety

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This applies to longterm consumption of ArA (e.g. the american diet is loaded with inflammatory foods that people consume over a lifetime). A 50 day run is no problem, and has data demonstrating its safety
This. X-gels are not intended to be taken indefinitely and we encourage a break after 50 days of use. I also wouldn't use a site like that as a basis for supplement or biochemistry understanding; he delves a little bit into why aspartame is dangerous however there are ample safety studies done on it.

It also states that Inflammation is the root of all evil and being a prime causal factor in heart disease whereas some studies suggest otherwise: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3469578/

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
This. X-gels are not intended to be taken indefinitely and we encourage a break after 50 days of use. I also wouldn't use a site like that as a basis for supplement or biochemistry understanding; he delves a little bit into why aspartame is dangerous however there are ample safety studies done on it.

It also states that Inflammation is the root of all evil and being a prime causal factor in heart disease whereas some studies suggest otherwise: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3469578/
Conflicting studies everywhere, however I agree with 50 days being a good run time duration.

domore

Awards
If I didn't have surgery on my ankle and shoulder, I would give ArA a shot.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I didn't have surgery on my ankle and shoulder, I would give ArA a shot.
As in you've got surgery upcoming? have had surgery on both already?

What were the surgeries for?

Having joint had joint issues should not preclude you entirely from using ArA depending on the exact injuries at hand.

domore

Awards
Think you'll give it a shot in the future?
I would like to.

As in you've got surgery upcoming? have had surgery on both already?

What were the surgeries for?

Having joint had joint issues should not preclude you entirely from using ArA depending on the exact injuries at hand.
I already had surgery on both.

Both surgeries (labrum and complete blowout of my ankle) were reconstructive surgeries from my college ball days.

I'm still fighting inflammation in my ankle which is severely inhibiting my mobility, and thus hurting my Oly lifts. I just dislocated my shoulder twice in the past three months, too (some obvious underlying stability issues).

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would like to.

I already had surgery on both.

Both surgeries (labrum and complete blowout of my ankle) were reconstructive surgeries from my college ball days.

I'm still fighting inflammation in my ankle which is severely inhibiting my mobility, and thus hurting my Oly lifts. I just dislocated my shoulder twice in the past three months, too (some obvious underlying stability issues).
Ah, well in that case, yeah, ArA would be a bad idea unless you're a masochist.

Shoulder dislocated during your olympic lifts (jerk?) or during other exercise?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can't take it anymore... Im going to place a order and getting some x gels. I'm so vulnerable to positive results from supplements. Lets call it round 1 with SNS.
If I recall, you're as addicted to pump spray as I am...? PS + Xgels is quite the stack, think you'll be quite happy...

domore

Awards
Ah, well in that case, yeah, ArA would be a bad idea unless you're a masochist.

Shoulder dislocated during your olympic lifts (jerk?) or during other exercise?
If I were a masochist, I would have been in my glory by using ArA right after my surgery.

I dislocated it while snatching. I don't have any issues during the jerk. I think the problem is exacerbated by arm angles in relation to the bar.

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
You could always dose at a much lower dosing if you eventually cave in to trying them lol start at 250mg and see how you feel. Just saying :S lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I were a masochist, I would have been in my glory by using ArA right after my surgery.

I dislocated it while snatching. I don't have any issues during the jerk. I think the problem is exacerbated by arm angles in relation to the bar.
Are you working with a coach on your Olympic lifts? If not, WHY?! Do you have any videos of you snatching? I'd be happy to take a look. You shouldn't be dislocating your shoulder when you snatch man.

domore

Awards
Are you working with a coach on your Olympic lifts? If not, WHY?! Do you have any videos of you snatching? I'd be happy to take a look. You shouldn't be dislocating your shoulder when you snatch man.
I have two coaches. I compete on the national level. The stability issues that resulted from my surgically repaired shoulder have been a burden. The surgeon had to anchor down my labrum with pins.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have two coaches. I compete on the national level. The stability issues that resulted from my surgically repaired shoulder have been a burden. The surgeon had to anchor down my labrum with pins.
Good man glad to hear it! The coaches not the injuries lol... far too often people make the mistake of jumping into Olympic lifts without proper advisement. The US Olympic coach I interned with kept clients using the stick for weeks or months depending on how well they performed the movements and issues of inflexibility.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good man glad to hear it! The coaches not the injuries lol... far too often people make the mistake of jumping into Olympic lifts without proper advisement. The US Olympic coach I interned with kept clients using the stick for weeks or months depending on how well they performed the movements and issues of inflexibility.
Communities like /r/fitness are awful about stuff like this.

The constant preaching of 'OLYMPIC LIFTS ARE AWESOME EVERYONE SHOULD DO THEM' (don't get me wrong, they are, and most strength trainees can benefit from them) results in people who are novice lifters and not working with someone trained just going to the gym and trying to perform the lift.

The cringe-worthy injury-inevitable form I see some people using at the golds here is crazy.

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finishing up my 50 day run 25 days at 4 caps 25 days at 6 caps... I though I was on a PH, strength soared and weight up 7lbs... Though tendinitis went through the roof and joints are killing me

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Finishing up my 50 day run 25 days at 4 caps 25 days at 6 caps... I though I was on a PH, strength soared and weight up 7lbs... Though tendinitis went through the roof and joints are killing me
Sweet deal man...you dose ED or just on WO days?
I never have experienced joint issues with ArA...of course I've been using CissusXT for ~2 yrs straight now, so that helps...lol

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

The constant preaching of 'OLYMPIC LIFTS ARE AWESOME EVERYONE SHOULD DO THEM' (don't get me wrong, they are, and most strength trainees can benefit from them) results in people who are novice lifters and not working with someone trained just going to the gym and trying to perform the lift.

The cringe-worthy injury-inevitable form I see some people using at the golds here is crazy.
I'm the same way man... soooooo many people especially with the cross fit explosion are doing Olympic lifts and doing them with such terrible form. In the beginning I tried helping correct form etc but all that got me was eye rolls and **** attitude so now I just watch in terror for these poor girls whose boyfriend are training them to get hurt

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Glad to hear it on the strength front; did the joints flare up at 1g per day or at 1.5? If they got worse at 1.5, I would suggest running it lower next time OR using Cissus but dosing it 6+ hours away from ArA.

jcp2

Awards
  • Established
I'm the same way man... soooooo many people especially with the cross fit explosion are doing Olympic lifts and doing them with such terrible form. In the beginning I tried helping correct form etc but all that got me was eye rolls and **** attitude so now I just watch in terror for these poor girls whose boyfriend are training them to get hurt
I have an old training partner who is an ex lightweight pro strongman. He took a job helping out as a strength coach at a high school and I told him he did not need to teach the Olympic lifts to be an effective strength coach and he laughed at me. A month later he told me I was correct. He did not have enough time to teach the lifts properly and actually get them stronger and faster at the same time. They are tough to teach and nothing is more cringe worthy when done incorrectly.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am interested in people running it along with PHs/AAS. I read a post like 6-7 years back by an MN rep bout how it could enhance cycles.

domore

Awards
I still have days where I just use the stick for training sessions. A strict technique day is very beneficial (especially for me).

I bet that was a great internship!

I concur. People forgot that Olympic lifting is a sport; a very technical sport. If someone is not training for a sport, they could just get away with doing hang cleans, clean pulls, etc. There is no reason to go from the floor if one isn't competing in Oly competitions.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Oh man, can't stand r/fitness

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man, can't stand r/fitness
Yeah, it's pretty bad.

/r/advancedfitness is somewhat better, but starting to fall prey to growing too large and having too many idiots in the same way /r/fitness did.

/r/supplements is great for the discussion from Sol Orwell and Kurtis Frank

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am interested in people running it along with PHs/AAS. I read a post like 6-7 years back by an MN rep bout how it could enhance cycles.
It prolly will make the cycle more fun, but I rather use it in pct + 4weeks

if your not getting pumps from ph/aas then u need twirk your diet and focus on a training program .. Love this stuff in pct bc it feels like you on a cycle still

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything as a whole, is better with aas and ara.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've'bookmarked' ArA with a ph run before...running it 2 wks into a ph while it kicks in, then a week or so before pct begins...works fairly well...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've'bookmarked' ArA with a ph run before...running it 2 wks into a ph while it kicks in, then a week or so before pct begins...works fairly well...
I always start ArA 2 weeks pre pct

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Mine just arrived today and go into the stash for the near future. The packaging isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Just a white tub covered in plastic (thats sort of a faded black) it just screams FAKE at me lol maybe being paranoid but if a rep could confirm this is normal or anyone else with experience.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mine just arrived today and go into the stash for the near future. The packaging isn't exactly confidence inspiring. Just a white tub covered in plastic (thats sort of a faded black) it just screams FAKE at me lol maybe being paranoid but if a rep could confirm this is normal or anyone else with experience.
You should be good to go. That is how mine is.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a shrink wrap label around a white bottle...sorry on my phone, not sure if you included a pic of it or not...you can pm me where you bought it from and I can confirm it's not a fake though...

Wilsy7

Wilsy7

Awards
  • Established
Ive found some pics online to ease my concern :) the 'baseline series' appears to be a black bottle. Which i think is the older version. And the 'core series' being the new one with the white shrink wrapped bottle. Cheers guys

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, we've updated the labels on various sku's over the last year or so...the shrink wrap is the latest incarnation...Glycophase has a shrink wrap label..