Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thank you
I know I punked you out about your triceps before, lol....but in all honesty those arms are really swole-got to keep it real!!!:newangel:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I know I punked you out about your triceps before, lol....but in all honesty those arms are really swole-got to keep it real!!!:newangel:
thebigt
Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 6.10.29 PM.png

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lol- poor guys lmao

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1462388738.874931.jpg

Reactions: WAF
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Looking thick! Huge forearms bro!

(all that masturbating payed off)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I definitely second this adding an electrolyte wont hurt also.

Curious what dnd is and kk? probably something not available up here in Canada.
dunkin donuts- krispy kreme donuts

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
almost going on a week so far and today, DAM- pump was pretty insane- great tricep workout WAF thanks buddy still using that one

focus was intense and had more time today so i hit fore arms, why the hell not! Great pump as well. Tell you this much, when a product gives you a great pump, physiologically you just want to push harder. I took this about an hour before and today it seemed to kick in a little faster. By the time i was on my third set, my arms started to feel it.

The one question i have for MST and/or jalfrey ,it mentions not eating before taking this; believe I am sure there is a good explanation, believe it was not taking food an hour before specifically protein. is it because of AstraGin?

Pump last 30 min my workout and im spent now! Rag is starting to kick in now, great product

CellWarrior

CellWarrior

Awards
  • Established
Good to see others enjoying it as well.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
5/5

I was going to attempt chest today, but after yesterdays workout, hell NO. my tri's were killing me today. Normally doms sets in just about 20-24 hr later, almost on Que for me. This morning, as i sat at my desk, put my arms bent to sit, i started to feel it. flexing the tri's hurt- mommy lol

I hit those bad boys so hard yesterday!

so i got to thinking, with just enough time for the gym, lets do bi's-

hammer strength curl machine, well that was a mistake. minute i put my arms on the pad, but after the first set, everything seemed to flow.
all were with 3 second reps up pause neg
45 x 15, 70 x 10 90 x 10 115 x 8 130 x 6

use the t bar chest bench for gravity ez bar curls wide grip
70 x 10 80 x 10 90 x 10

by now my arms were so ****ing pumped and i was so focused that 2 of my friends walked by and waved, never saw them. when i went to bring the last ez bar back to the rack, i walked over to say he bro's hows it going, they looked at me like i was on crack. yea we said hey before! opps

did a superset of hammer curls, with straight bar curls- i dont know why, it popped into my head and i went with it. hammers were not across the body,
35 x 16 then s bar 95 x 8
40 x 14 then s bar 95 x 8
45 x 14 then s bar 95 x 6

then for some odd reason, i decided to finish up with bent over db curls- single arm with a superset of straight bar rev curls.
35 x 12 the s bar with a false grip 65 x 10
35 x 12 " " " 75 x 10
40 x 8 " " " 95 x 8

back to work- great workout, pump was pretty insane. focus was on point as well. no other issues to mention

tomorrow is leg day- oh yea cant wait lol

Reactions: WAF
smith_69

smith_69

Awards
jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow, bro. You did slaughter those biceps yesterday! It's been a while since I've had a solely bicep day. Maybe sometime soon...

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Wow, bro. You did slaughter those biceps yesterday! It's been a while since I've had a solely bicep day. Maybe sometime soon...
thanks bro

taking full advantage of Rag while I can

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
well today i didnt go. was running out of time, so it was a day and will hit it tomorrow.

still took my rag thought. did go in the bathroom and flexed a few times lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
well today i didnt go. was running out of time, so it was a day and will hit it tomorrow.

still took my rag thought. did go in the bathroom and flexed a few times lol
I'm very disappointed. Your discipline sucks. You are a lazy puzzy-man, shame on you!
Now that you lost all your gains, every schoolkid will take your crayons away.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I'm very disappointed. Your discipline sucks. You are a lazy puzzy-man, shame on you!
Now that you lost all your gains, every schoolkid will take your crayons away.
touche

:FUfinger: hairy bastard

lmao

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
Looking thick! Huge forearms bro!

(all that masturbating payed off)
His forearm symmetry proves he alternates frequently though. That takes real disciple. Most guys just stick to their fav, at least that's what I hear. :rolleyes:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
funny group of guys up there! lol

today was a shoulder day, had to wait to even get a chair this morning. some guy was going thru his playlist on his phone and was a little tired. he needed that seat. :aargh4:

seated military 6 reps started at 135 (after a warm up- since in plenty of time while mr. i need a seat made me wait)
185, 205, 225, 235, 245- all 6 reps
went back to 155 and do slow neg for 10 reps - 2 sets
then 135 for 4 sets total -alternating between sets with a wide grip and then very close- superseting with db seated lateral raises 10 reps

single arm smith shrugs- 3 sets each arm 10 reps each-
135, 145, 155

i used the seated chest press to isolate my traps. the motion of the seated chest press really allows you to isolate the traps when you face the machine.
4 sets 180 each arm- this is just a great movement to hit the trap.

back to the smith for behind the back shrugs3 sets, 225 for failure- 3 sec reps

db front raises 3 sets- 30 lb 12 reps
and used the seated lateral raise machine but ronnie style. bend over, face the machine- elbows on the pads to hit the rears.

great workout and great pump- no issues with Rag, except the supply is getting low - lol

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strong military press!!

But you suck doing other stuff...

:run:

...just kidding! good work!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gonna look up "single arm smith shrugs", sounds useful.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
funny group of guys up there! lol

today was a shoulder day, had to wait to even get a chair this morning. some guy was going thru his playlist on his phone and was a little tired. he needed that seat. :aargh4:

seated military 6 reps started at 135 (after a warm up- since in plenty of time while mr. i need a seat made me wait)
185, 205, 225, 235, 245- all 6 reps
went back to 155 and do slow neg for 10 reps - 2 sets
then 135 for 4 sets total -alternating between sets with a wide grip and then very close- superseting with db seated lateral raises 10 reps

single arm smith shrugs- 3 sets each arm 10 reps each-
135, 145, 155

i used the seated chest press to isolate my traps. the motion of the seated chest press really allows you to isolate the traps when you face the machine.
4 sets 180 each arm- this is just a great movement to hit the trap.

back to the smith for behind the back shrugs3 sets, 225 for failure- 3 sec reps

db front raises 3 sets- 30 lb 12 reps
and used the seated lateral raise machine but ronnie style. bend over, face the machine- elbows on the pads to hit the rears.

great workout and great pump- no issues with Rag, except the supply is getting low - lol
what you do Is pick out a good looking chick, then tap the guy on the shoulder and tell him-hey, that chick over there wants to give you her number.:stups:

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will do them on Monday! Just wondering, do I have to wear a pink shirt for optimal form?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Strong Mil Presses bro, love me some one arm smith shrugs too! Started doing them about 3 years ago.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Strong Mil Presses bro, love me some one arm smith shrugs too! Started doing them about 3 years ago.
thanks,

feel it helps to focus more on the traps and do a "shrug" verses yanking or jerking the wgt up. those with behind the back shrugs really work best for me

NutraChem

NutraChem

Awards
6r 245lb seated mil press? Got me beat bro.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
Yeah thats crazy. I can get 200 for 1 ;) lol

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Yeah thats crazy. I can get 200 for 1 ;) lol
all in the mind!

chest, shoulders and arms are my strong points. Im not sure how much you do for forearms a week, but since i have really been hitting those more over the past 8 months, everything seems to flow in synergy.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
all in the mind!

chest, shoulders and arms are my strong points. Im not sure how much you do for forearms a week, but since i have really been hitting those more over the past 8 months, everything seems to flow in synergy.
Hmmm i might have start paying more attention to those. I lied. I guess seated military press i csn hit 205 for a couple. Standing i can only get 200 without any leg drive. Add in leg drive and i can do way more

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Hmmm i might have start paying more attention to those. I lied. I guess seated military press i csn hit 205 for a couple. Standing i can only get 200 without any leg drive. Add in leg drive and i can do way more
standing 200 is impressive man and even hitting 200/205 for 1 is still great.

i kind of look at like if you take your whole arm, finger tip to shoulder, some where along the line, there is a weak point; everyone has one. if you are lagging behind from point A to point B- getting to C (which is the rep) will be affected.

if the line from a- b is continuously soild/strong then the rep will be much easier. i probably made that more confusing lol but its sunday morning

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
all in the mind!

How much forearm work you put in a week?

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Yep, I cut out most direct forearm work but looks like I might be going back to it. Curious as how much/when you add it in as well.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
2-3 times-
behind the back srt bar wrist curls,
rev forearm curls- false grip
db wrist curls superset with throttle curls- lighter db off the bench, use a false grip on those as well
gripper
standing rev cable pully curls- set the cable little low and only come partially the way up to keep tension on the forearm
seated rev preacher curls, false grip, then use reg grip

mix of the above

JDybya

JDybya

Awards
  • Established
2-3 times-
db wrist curls superset with throttle curls- lighter db off the bench, use a false grip on those as well
gripper
standing rev cable pully curls- set the cable little low and only come partially the way up to keep tension on the forearm

mix of the above
Love it! Grip strength is so underestimated by so many people.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
i tell people next time before you do bi', back or tri- work your forearms till there pumped out. then go hit those muscles, youll see just how much you use those muscles in your lifts- makes a difference

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
2-3 times-
gripper

mix of the above
Nice man, I've been going double OH, sometimes false, on deads until I get up to 400+...I also use false grip on most back exercises like pull-ups/downs, rowing machines, etc. , but it probably wouldn't hurt to add in a mix of those. Good stuff, I could use more size on the forearms.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lol

It's crazy how much I miss around here when I take a couple days off from the boards. Great discussion! And congrats on the rep gig, Smith! At least I assuming that's why you got the Nutraceutical in your sig now?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
lol

It's crazy how much I miss around here when I take a couple days off from the boards. Great discussion! And congrats on the rep gig, Smith! At least I assuming that's why you got the Nutraceutical in your sig now?
thanks bro and correct

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
5/9- this was a back day-
tuff because I had less than 3 hours sleep. dog was up all night and woke up the kids and just a mess

Rag did help me get through it- was kind of like on autopilot
iso lat high rows, low rows, pull ups and rev pec deck- just focused on reps and didn't go too heavy.
bed at 10 last night!

Better rested today
Hit legs - nothing too crazy
squats, leg press and rev leg curls

got into a conversation with a few guys about different techniques and start bsing about other stuff.
Still got a great pump from Rag today as well

tomorrow is an off day, having a big meeting at the office and kind of glad. Shoulder has been bothering me a bit, so today and tomorrow will be good rest days. Shoulders on Thursday

No issues from Rag, still feel the tingles but not too bad, actually don't mind it. Flavor and mixing still on par and giving good pumps

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
5/9- this was a back day-
tuff because I had less than 3 hours sleep. dog was up all night and woke up the kids and just a mess

Rag did help me get through it- was kind of like on autopilot
iso lat high rows, low rows, pull ups and rev pec deck- just focused on reps and didn't go too heavy.
bed at 10 last night!

Better rested today
Hit legs - nothing too crazy
squats, leg press and rev leg curls

got into a conversation with a few guys about different techniques and start bsing about other stuff.
Still got a great pump from Rag today as well

tomorrow is an off day, having a big meeting at the office and kind of glad. Shoulder has been bothering me a bit, so today and tomorrow will be good rest days. Shoulders on Thursday

No issues from Rag, still feel the tingles but not too bad, actually don't mind it. Flavor and mixing still on par and giving good pumps
I feel you on the sleep man, been driving myself into the ground the past couple weeks. Rag still gets me moving, so that's a testament to its effectiveness. Glad you still got some lifts in though.

Sparkss

Sparkss

Awards
  • Established
The one question i have for MST and/or jalfrey ,it mentions not eating before taking this; believe I am sure there is a good explanation, believe it was not taking food an hour before specifically protein. is it because of AstraGin?
Was this ever answered? I was interested in that myself. Thought maybe I just missed it? I ask because currently I add a bit of protein to my pre-shake.

Awesome log too, Thanks!

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Was this ever answered? I was interested in that myself. Thought maybe I just missed it? I ask because currently I add a bit of protein to my pre-shake.

Awesome log too, Thanks!
Wasn't answered to my knowledge. Maybe jalfrey can shine some light on this or he can call upon the old gods at MST to answer. It is an interesting question, I typically don't eat within 45 minutes of taking PWO. It's always worked best for me on an empty or near empty stomach.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry I missed that question earlier!

It's merely a maximum absorption thing. Best I can tell, cordyceps absorbs best on an empty stomach. I imagine the Krebs Cycle minerals do too. But dosing Rag a half hour after eating isn't going to negate the effects. I have some Mesomorph on hand and I notice it mentions taking it on an empty stomach too. I guess that's something I never noticed since I take Rag first thing in the morning