slowly cutting to 215

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
hey dietrying, the video in your sig has the be simultaneously the funniest and saddest thing i have ever seen. LMAO!

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Yeah Die Trying that is what I am thinking too. This is easier than I thought. I am dropping fat quite well and that includes a small cheat meal( candy, cookie, etc.) a week. I really don't have the appetite I had before. Having trouble sleeping past 8 hours but I think it is the job. Was at 37 1/4 on June 7, I should be at 37 even or a little lower on the 14th of June. I think I might have a 35 inch waist lean since I am a little under 6'4, maybe wide hips.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well cheated quite a bit yesterday but not that bad probably an extra 1000 over my cutting calories. It is just the alcohol that makes you look worse the next day. Did 1 hour morning cardio on empty stomach to get rid of water weight. Besides that can't complain. Bumped cardio up to 40 minutes now on weight days. That should put fat loss at 2 pounds a week. I was at 1 pound of fat a week. I have been getting more vascular in the calves, forearms, arms and shoulders. Looks like the only fat left is a tad on the chest, some on the midsection, and the ass. Yo Ex, how is the boxing going? I would do something fun like that but I don't want to risk any muscle loss during my cut. Actually, it is funny, but I look just like your avatar now when I look at myself after cardio.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
It's a lot of fun. I go kayaking a lot too, that's great stuff. I eat a LOT, I do need to dial in my calories to avoid losing too fast as I tend to undereat if I don't pay attention to it.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, me too! I can easily live off 2,000 calories a day. I am forcing myself to eat 3,000 so I lose in an appropiate way. Last time I did a cut I was too skinny. I was so happy today, I measured in at 36 3/4 inches on the waist. I was expecting 37 inches but damn an extra 1/4 inch is awesome, especially since I cheated like a mutha this past saturday. Ex, how is the acne? Mine is almost gone. I turned into a complete girl and started doing facials and using all those skin care products. Usually all I need is lotion when I am not using test boosters.

dsl

officially an adult
Awards
  • Established
Great progress Bigphill!!:thumbsup: So what's your weight hovering at these days?

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am at 238-239 currently. I should be around 230 when I get into the single digits.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am going for 215 as 230 will probably still be in the teens. I bumped cardio up to 1 hour a day now. My weights last about an hour. I can say I am getting good rest now with the increased cardio. Should be down about a 1/2 inch next measure day, 6/21. Now that my metabolism is speeding up the fat is dropping well. Starting to lose a little strength, but that is OK, I am not Exnihilo. Probably when all is said and done I will look more like a fitness model that bodybuilder( bone structure). I think I can get my waist down to a 32, which is my goal.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
When I get down to the 8-10% range and get my girl to use a digital camera because I don't have one. I don't like revealing my work of art until it is done. My friends say I should walk out of the gym with my shirt off but a artist does not show his painting early, I am the same way. But I will keep the info coming as I progress through the months.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I was so stoked today, I weighed in at 241! YAY! I am only down 4 pounds but down 2 inches on the waist. If I could keep this up I can be at 232 at a 32 inch waist, which is my goal. I will be ecstatic if I can maintain above 230 and a 32 inch waist. If I can accomplish that, I will be looking like T.O.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Cheated yesterday to celebrate being at 36 inch waist. I had two blunts, 2 mixed drinks, some chew, 2 slices of pizza, bowl of cereal, cookies with chocolate, and skim milk. Not horrible but I felt like **** today. I will cheat again when I get to 35 inch waist. Gotta love weed.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well after a distasterous weekend of partying and not eating all that healthy, I am back on track. I am doing one week of 1 hour cardio daily and 3,000 calories a day of maintainence calories which will tell me how much I will lose a week without weights. I figured a week off from weights will help me relax a bit and focus on my diet. I will probably add weights next week in the a.m. and cardio in p.m. I picked up some fat free, sugar free, pudding from the store to handle cravings from here on out. 16 weeks left til my goal of 32 inch waist. Also, I dropped all supplements to give my body a break, but started a fat burner called thermbuterol. Sounded interesting so I gave it a try. Boy my cardio is extremely easy now,LOL. I am thinking my final weight will be between 210-215 pounds. Not getting hard just yet so I am not changing diet yet.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Haven't really been focusing on losing weight lately.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Just tried the new cheesecake flavored ff sf jello pudding and it is awesome. I usaully have a few spoonfulls if I get a sweet tooth.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I think now is when I really have to see what I am made of, summer. I have been eating like **** these past 2-3 weeks but not too bad just a cheat meal here and there. More than not I just feel like ****. Last night i drank with a friend who is getting locked up for accessory to attempted murder( wrong place, wrong time sort of deal). I thnk the hardest thing I am doing is to stop drinking since I am 21 and all my friends either just turned 21 or are turning 21. So today I am starting off my first written journal to track my progress. I would like to maintain at 36 til next monday, because I feel bloated of water and sodium and I think it will take a week about to get back to where I was. I will be doing weights 6 days a week and cardio 7 days a week. I don't know, my body reacts well to overtraining, if that what some call it, very well. Last 2 months I gained like 2 pounds lean mass and dropped 5 inches. Well, just thought I would update yall on my progress and thoughts. I think I will also invest in some protein bars to take one to work to have with some milk when I am needing a late night meal( last meal). It shouldn't hurt me as I am at 19-20 percent bf right now.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Going well thus far now that I am back on track. I love fat free sugar free pudding with 2 scoops of whey in it for my last meal. It keeps me from cheating and calms sweet tooths. I will have to see how well my cut is going after this week, I measure on the 4th of July.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well measured myself this morning for the hell of it. I knew I would be up a bit just from bloating because I had some raisin bran at 4 am. I measured in at 37 inches. I should be down to 36 again by Monday after this weekend. I should drop quite a bit actually this next week as my body responds well after a break. Pudding was a bad idea as it didn't have enough casien to last the night. I will probably have my last meal when I get home from work at 2, probably 2 eggs, 2 wwbread, meat, 1/2 cottage cheese, and water as my first 2 meals. after all it is a journey not a race right. boy I love this stuff.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, today I felt pretty good. I am going to cut way back on lifting. I will do it only on the weekend and do 1 hour cardio everyday until I get to 34 inch waist( about 10% bf). My appetite is just to fierce it seems when I hit the weights often. I really don't loose muscle, so I am using that to justify not lifting to my mind. I do really need a break though from hardcore lifting. I think it should take 1-2 months to get to 34 inches on the tape measurer. My diet is still improving and I am eating more fruits and veggies, so that is good. I am just counting the days til my bulk cycle, probably leaning towards tren now.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, July 4 and my progress is still going well. My appetite is smaller since I stopped the weights. The cardio alone is doing enough and my waist is looking better every day now. Have absolutely zero tolerance now for alcohol, I had 2 beers with my family today and felt a good buzz, what a cheap date huh,LOL.

P.S.- I bic'd my head because of the weather, and damn if I don't look like a Brian Urlacher clone,LOL. Should be a fun time at the club this week. I think my bodyfat is at about 16-17 percent now as I am losing the bloat from the supps. Man this Thermbuterol is awesome, I am losing some fat every day just from 1 hour cardio! 3,000 calories a day currently.

dbish77

Banned
Awards
Good progress Phil!! That weed will spike your appetite though...

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
It is good you joined! I have learned so much since coming here. There is a guy who plays for Floriday State on here bro.

Well, today to my suprise, I decided to measure my waist for the hell of it. It is to 36 inches even! Nice! I was expecting it to take like 1 more week. I am hoping to get to under 36 by the 8th, which is my next measure day. I said **** it to scrapping weights. I will do 1 hour morning cardio and some weights at night( 20 sets max.) to make sure I keep sane. i cannot go for more than a week without the iron.LOL. It should start to pick up now with the progress. I am thinking at most 2 months before 34 inches even. My nutrition is as follows which I changed until it worked :

Meal 1: pwo shake
Meal 2: 2 eggs, meat, 2 slices ezekiel bread, 1/2 cottage cheese
Meal 3: same as 2
Meal 4: pwo shake
Meal 5: meat, veggies
Meal 6: same as 5

P.S.- would it beneficial to take creatine evn though I am taking a thermo? Wouldn't they cancel each other out because of adverse effects?

dbish77

Banned
Awards
No, caffeine and creatine won't cancel each other out. I've seen it debated 100 times w/ no one making any good points, but from my personal experience and research I've come to the conclusion that it's fine. Hell, I wouldn't cycle off of creatine ever unless I was doing something like SD where the back pumps can get to you.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
No, caffeine and creatine won't cancel each other out. I've seen it debated 100 times w/ no one making any good points, but from my personal experience and research I've come to the conclusion that it's fine. Hell, I wouldn't cycle off of creatine ever unless I was doing something like SD where the back pumps can get to you.
OK, so I will go back to using it today. The extra meal now is really helping. You cn definitely feel the difference between 5 and 6 meals.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am holding off on the creatine as I am not hardcore about lifting at the moment. I am sorta lax about the weights as I am focusing more on diet and cardio. I am maintaining muscle, so I have no worries at the moment. I measured in at a cm under 36 inches today. I feel the couple spoon fulls of low fat ice cream may have bloated me a little. I am going to try all whole foods and no whey for a week and see how it effects my appetite. I am back to 5 meals, all real food. I am figuring that 34 inches is my lean waist size after all since I have about 8 pounds to go. You Ex, do you take PWO shakes?

dbish77

Banned
Awards
Do what you feel like, but I think if you are trying to maintain the muscle I would keep the protein and creatine.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Yep, you right big guy. See what happens when us linemen start losing weight, we start going crazy and don't think straight. I am going back into the hardcore lifting starting today, it has been 2 weeks off, and I think I will explode thse next couple of weeks. Back to the fun ****!LOL! It does suck though not eating like a linemen though, but oh well. I miss being as big as you ex( sheds a tear), but I do feel a lot healthier though. Now that I don't need to be massive, I can take my time about things. Staying big like that takes some serious work, and food. Yo, Ex. how is that boxing going, or whatever your crazy ass has been doing. Is it log throwing now? LOL

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, measured myself yesterday, and I am down to 35 3/4 inches. I hope to get into the 34's by the end of the month, I am going to Sin City. Anybody know of good buffets in Vegas besides Flamingo Hilton?

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, was bloated today for some reason. I measured at 36 1/2 -37. I am not sure why, it might be I went out last night, didn't drink or anything, but I didn't get enough water. I will be doing my legs for the first time today in a couple of months. I think it will help tighten me up a little more around the waist.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, I am at a crossroads now. My girl wants me to get bigger, but I want to drop a few more pounds of fat before I bulk. I think I will just eat more protein and hit the weights harder now. She wants me to be huge, like 260. I am at 240 now with the creatine bloat. I figure I will slow down to cut to a pound every 1 1/2-2 weeks.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I have decided to continue with slow cutting because I am still making good gains. I am going to scale back on weights and cardio because I think it was too much. I will do around 30 sets of weights 6 days a week and 40 minutes cardio PWO. I am at 35 3/4 inch waist now on 240 pounds. My nutrition is 6 meals a day at 300+ grams of protein, 3,200 calories.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Officially dropped the alcohol today for good. I am going to Vegas, but I won't drink though. My gains are gettting better after I dropped my loads down to 30 sets of weights a day and 20 minutes of cardio( about 320-340 cals burned). I think I was dropping too much. My strength is going up on all lifts. Working out legs now, and is helping a lot. I am getting looks now at Golds, which is good if you are getting looks in a place like Golds. A little off topic, to anybody that reads this, how do you feel at your gym. Because when I go to a 24 hour I always get, that guy is huge type of looks, and when I am at golds I feel ordinary. I should see some really good results now after dropping the alcohol. Oh, I am 241 now.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Man, i am so stoked! I just measured in at 35 1/2 today! And I am still 241! Only ten more pounds of fat to go til my goal waist size! Maybe scaling it down on the workouts helped somehow with test or something? I don't know. Shoulders today:

3 sets seated BB military(135,140,145)
3 sets seated DB military(70,75,80)
3 sets upright row(115,120,125)
3 sets side laterals(25,30,35)
3 sets BB shrugs(185,190,195)
3 sets DB shrugs(80,85,90)
3 sets decline situps
3 sets hanging knee raise

20 minutes cardio( 10 pre, 10 post)

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, I am looking much more vascular now. I have a vein running down my arm from my shoulder, down my calf, and starting to get one in my thigh. I am at 239 today, maybe it is the heat, I don't know. I did legs today:

leg press-270,450,630
front machine squat-365,455,545
hack squat-225,315,405
leg extensions-110,120,130
lying leg curl-90,100,110
standing leg curl-45,50,55
SLD-65,75,85
donkey calf raise-280,300,320
seated calf raise-90,100,110

20 minutes cardio

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
ground turkey & ground turkey breast($!) are quite different. i'm getting chicken breasts for $2/lb where the turkey breast is like $5/lb. & like exnihilo said veggies rock. it's HOT here in Texas during our 8 month summer & I do what I call "the big salad" (seinfeld) a head o' romaine & some grape tomatoes with some wine vinegar & possibly a dash of flax or olive oil is super light & very filling really. i dig knowing nutrition & eating killer variety CUISINE.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well, I am into maintainence mode now, no longer cutting bodyweight, but bodyfat. I am almost down to a 35 inch waist. I will be extremely excited if I can stay at 240 with a 35 inch waist. I am eating killer salads now for dinner. I have some ff cottage cheese mixed up in it. I am getting about 350 grams of protein now. I was really hating dropping weight, so I decided to just clean things up and maintain. I am not drinking, which is making a world of a difference. The only cheat I have a week is a slice of pizza on the weekend.

julius kelp

julius kelp

Awards
  • Established
yeah, the booze can definitely play a role. sounds like you have a good handle on the situation. best of luck.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys, pics will be coming soon. I will probably post when I get to 35 inches even. I am finally hitting a high metabolism now. I am hovering between 239-240 and my calories are averaged out to about 3200 a day.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Doing better and better it seems every day. My serratus is starting to come is with front double bi pose. I am gaining muscle mass as well. My idea of starting up with legs again was genius. The test from working them out is helping my whole body overall. Probably about 5 months til 8% which is my goal. My progress right now is about a half pound of fat loss and a half pound of muscle gained.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well back from Vegas, had a good time, ate like **** and drank like a madman. Back on it tomorrow. I should do well in the gym with the time off. I am not going to be drinking anytime soon, or eating any cheats, I am pretty sure I got it out of my system now. I am going to start researching for my next cycle in about 4 months. I have yet to plateau out yet, so no need for it yet. Probably when I get to 240 LBM, I should plateau.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Hit the gym hard yesterday and broke every lift record. I am still holding a little water from Vegas but not much. Should be gone by the end of the week. I am eating about 350 grams of protein now on a 240 pound frame. The lowered volume is really helping, thanks Exnihilo! I am also finding that I no longer like junk food or any type of cheat food for some reason. Maybe the way it makes you feel( I get a upset stomach). I am hoping to get to 270 by this time next year at 10% bf. That should be possible after my good bulk cycle coming up in December-March.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Changing my routine to 2 days on, 1 day off. Bumping cals up about 200 cals.

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
Well after getting rid of the girl drama, my diet and training are great.LOL. Now I can see why a lot of pros do not have any relationships.LOL

BIGPHILL1984

Awards
  • Established
I am soooo happy today, I weighed in at a good 245. My abs are coming in, and my vascularity is getting better day by day. All my lifts are increasing week by week. I am recieving compliments by the older and bigger guys at Golds. I am really looking forward to Elephant Max as well. I am getting my Nolva tomorrow for $20 for 78 tabs( friend's). I have no relationship, which measn more time spent on sleeping, eating and training. Life is fuckin awesome. And to top it off I just said no to sex! Yeah you heard it here first, I said no to sex from that cheerleader chick, who by the way was lookin bangin tonite,LOL. I think I am really starting to get serious about bodybuilding in my future. I am actually up right now eating some salmon, meatloaf, and lf cottage cheese. OH, and to top it off, I saw Ronnie, Gunter, and Chirs Dim in a pose down right now( the girl worked the video for the event). Let me just say Ronnie is fuckin awesome!