Slin Sane Addict

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
How should I be dosing SS, I do one pre WO and another usually with my last meal/Snack with carbs

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ive thought of trying this, how would it compare to regular ALA?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
You know me well.. :D

I have high expectation form SS, and I'm very curious because it has ingredients I've never used before
Can't wait for it to get here
I pay attention to detail when I can hah

I hope it exceeds them, its a simple formula but its because of that simplicity its dosed effectively and considering its price range its kind of hard to not at least try once. If you pay attention sometimes SS can be found on sale for like 13$ a bottle :eek:

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Ive thought of trying this, how would it compare to regular ALA?
Vastly superior, regular ALA is pretty old school for blood sugar control they're many better options out there amigo

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
One could ask for larger bottles of SlinSane.
120 caps perhaps...
I would most definitely pay the higher price.

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Couple places out there have 2 and 3pack deals which are pretty damn cheap as it is.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yah, gymnema alone should definitely be looked into as a long term approach for blood sugar control especially with type II diabetics.
Well I use 300mg ALA with my pre-wo and post-wo meals of 90-110g carbs per layne nortons recommendations. But if slin sane is better, I might have to give it a go.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Well I use 300mg ALA with my pre-wo and post-wo meals of 90-110g carbs per layne nortons recommendations. But if slin sane is better, I might have to give it a go.
That was an older article by Layne iirc and the highest dose used was 1200mg which had statistical significance over 300mg but 300mg was still significant when compared to placebo. Hope I got that right, either way you've read it and should see that there is room for improvement upon a simple 300mg ALA dose. If you want to stick to something simple in bulk for blood sugar then I would at least recommend Na-R-ALA(GeroNova) which is a much better option over ALA. If you try Slin-Sane and enjoy it then by all means keep using it because its long term effects are amazing, by that I mean it does have a saturating effect. The longer you use it/more consistent use the better it gets.

mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That was an older article by Layne iirc and the highest dose used was 1200mg which had statistical significance over 300mg but 300mg was still significant when compared to placebo. Hope I got that right, either way you've read it and should see that there is room for improvement upon a simple 300mg ALA dose. If you want to stick to something simple in bulk for blood sugar then I would at least recommend Na-R-ALA(GeroNova) which is a much better option over ALA. If you try Slin-Sane and enjoy it then by all means keep using it because its long term effects are amazing, by that I mean it does have a saturating effect. The longer you use it/more consistent use the better it gets.
Wow really? Hmm... I ordered 3 bottles but I may need to keep more in stock... Do you have any studies on the doses needed to retain it's blood sugar controlling effects?

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Right, thats the one. And your right on with the info. Regular ALA is so cheap which is why I still use it haha. If I do switch to slin sane it would only be a 10$ increase a month compared to regular ALA, idk how cheap na-r-ala is or how to dose it since its more potent at a lower dose, which is why i never switched. You said in an earlier post to NOT take it with a post-wo meal? What if its like brown rice, broccoli, pototoes, and chicken?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Right, thats the one. And your right on with the info. Regular ALA is so cheap which is why I still use it haha. If I do switch to slin sane it would only be a 10$ increase a month compared to regular ALA, idk how cheap na-r-ala is or how to dose it since its more potent at a lower dose, which is why i never switched. You said in an earlier post to NOT take it with a post-wo meal? What if its like brown rice, broccoli, pototoes, and chicken?
Well the issue here is post workout you want the body to do its own thing, for athletes without metabolic diseases blood sugar will be regulated just fine post workout by the hormones released from training and the immediate consumption of food. I really wouldn't recommend any GDA post workout, just let the body do its thing. Unless you are a diabetic in which case you may need some aid to prevent any hyperglycemia

Buying Na-R-ALA in bulk might cost a lot initially but long term its not bad if you don't mind measuring the doses out and it's really good. If you can definitely give Slin-Sane a shot, it's pretty convenient and you shouldn't have to worry about any hyper or hypoglycemia while using it, 1 cap should cover 100G of carbs no problem as well, anytime I get over 150 at a time I use 2.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ill take a look at nutras bulk, if its to much of a hassle ill just try slinsane, i use to use pslin and liked it. So would breakfast be a good time for to dose sline sane or no?

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
That is a cost effective option for quality Na-R-Ala, still more than using SS tho :p
It is in addition to, not in lieu of SS..lol

Just popped an SS and going to bed now..haha

StackedCop

StackedCop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ordered a buy2get1 :) love me some SS

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Ill take a look at nutras bulk, if its to much of a hassle ill just try slinsane, i use to use pslin and liked it. So would breakfast be a good time for to dose sline sane or no?
I think breakfast would be one of the best times to take slinsane. I prefer 30 mins pre meal rather than 15. Play with the timing a bit to see what works best for you.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
300mg NA-R-ALA = 210mg R ala

300mg R-ala = 300mg r ALA

600mg ALA= 300mg r ala

ALA is the cheaper way to go racemetric or not. easier to dose, great antioxident effect.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards
Without opening another 3d I have a quick question about Slin Sane:

what about fat intake when using it?

I know with other GDAs is best
to limit fats when using them (or taking them far apart anyway),
this SS has different formula and ingredients so I thought asking was a good idea.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
with slin sane i would keep fats low.

you are basically needing that high response (not being slowed by fats so you can increase pump as well as not slow gastric emptying). Thats my take on it especially if having norvaline in it. pre workout low fat is key. i feel this would really shine for pre workout carbs or not.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Thanks bro
so SS prewo and Recompadrol prebad and with fats :)
its just how i would run it personally. even post workout if having little fats.

I tend to like things that blunt fat gain via different mechanisms.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
You could go with what SS said, I myself generally reserve GDAs for carb dense meals(especially if you're looking to slim down) but know that a few grams of fat won't cause too much of an issue. I'd honestly reserve SS for pre workout and pre bed, it shouldn't cause you to go hypo.

If you're using it with carbs pre then it should help promote a pump and endurance(I find I can push myself much harder later on in the lift session[mine are also 2+ hours] when I throw SS in before my carbs pre). If you take it fasted before lifting it should maintain lower blood sugar levels which promotes GH release(which should already be increasing from training), how big of an impact this has on training I'm not sure but it's certainly a fun thing to keep in mind. Combine that with boosted IGFBP-3 from LCLT like in protocol and I'm sure you'll see some noticeable differences from your muscle mass :p

/pimpin

Same story pre-bed, should control blood sugar, and many users find it helps them sleep although for me personal it doesn't do a whole lot its still nice waking up full and dry :D

SS is a nice affordable product for controlling blood sugar without having to really worry about timing or interactions with other supplements to any major degree. For you personally knowing your diet and training I would suggest keeping SS to pre lift and pre bed. Gymnema's saturating effect over time should slowly lower your average sugar intake so I'm not sure how long you've been using gymnema stuff but keep that in mind with your already incredibly low carb intake. :p

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
You could go with what SS said, I myself generally reserve GDAs for carb dense meals(especially if you're looking to slim down) but know that a few grams of fat won't cause too much of an issue. I'd honestly reserve SS for pre workout and pre bed, it shouldn't cause you to go hypo.

If you're using it with carbs pre then it should help promote a pump and endurance(I find I can push myself much harder later on in the lift session[mine are also 2+ hours] when I throw SS in before my carbs pre). If you take it fasted before lifting it should maintain lower blood sugar levels which promotes GH release(which should already be increasing from training), how big of an impact this has on training I'm not sure but it's certainly a fun thing to keep in mind. Combine that with boosted IGFBP-3 from LCLT like in protocol and I'm sure you'll see some noticeable differences from your muscle mass :p

/pimpin

Same story pre-bed, should control blood sugar, and many users find it helps them sleep although for me personal it doesn't do a whole lot its still nice waking up full and dry :D

SS is a nice affordable product for controlling blood sugar without having to really worry about timing or interactions with other supplements to any major degree. For you personally knowing your diet and training I would suggest keeping SS to pre lift and pre bed. Gymnema's saturating effect over time should slowly lower your average sugar intake so I'm not sure how long you've been using gymnema stuff but keep that in mind with your already incredibly low carb intake. :p
with what i bolded. the amount of GH release is not enough to cause a difference. any GDA can do that. and other have different benefits as well ontop of SS that has ingredients thart favor the fasted training.

also pre bed, really any GDA should have you wake up leaner. ones with things like berberine, ALA, VS, and banaba will do that probably best due to effect on specific genes related to adipose reduction (banaba depends on extract though from most studies)

but like dodge said, gymnemma works better the longer you use it, it supposedly deadens the sugar cravings via tastebuds if im not mistaken. but the real truth to it is it inhibits glucose induced poly peptide release which is why in diabetics it works so well.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
with what i bolded. the amount of GH release is not enough to cause a difference. any GDA can do that. and other have different benefits as well ontop of SS that has ingredients thart favor the fasted training.

also pre bed, really any GDA should have you wake up leaner. ones with things like berberine, ALA, VS, and banaba will do that probably best due to effect on specific genes related to adipose reduction (banaba depends on extract though from most studies)
This is true, but how many GDAs can be had for 13$ a bottle?(you gotta look around but its been up for a while)

but like dodge said, gymnemma works better the longer you use it, it supposedly deadens the sugar cravings via tastebuds if im not mistaken. but the real truth to it is it inhibits glucose induced poly peptide release which is why in diabetics it works so well.
Gymnemic acid is structurally similar to glucose and it can attach to the same receptor sites of glucose basically blocking it. Putting the powder on your tongue would have such results as basically killing your sensation of sugar(not forever lol)

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
This is true, but how many GDAs can be had for 13$ a bottle?(you gotta look around but its been up for a while)

Gymnemic acid is structurally similar to glucose and it can attach to the same receptor sites of glucose basically blocking it. Putting the powder on your tongue would have such results as basically killing your sensation of sugar
not many but doesnt look standardized. you need like 700mg of 25% extract GS or like 525 75% extract to work the way its supposed to per day.

the largestoma isnt standarized, however standard for that is 1% corosolic acid. 10mg is what was used in studied (5 min prior to meals) to show activation of PI3K pathway.

so id use 4-6 per day which make it pretty damn expensive atleast for me which is why i never used it i can get kilos of each ingredient and dose it high and itll last me 3 months at like over 3gram a day of each! which that much nor valine not sure how it would effect other amino acids.

AutoKal47

AutoKal47

AK DoubleWide 47
Awards

/pimpin

Awesome! Thanks for the info, I'll run it that way, it was my plan already :)
Can't wait to open it (i have too many bottles opened already lol.. gotta finish something first)

BigRigg

BigRigg

Awards
Can't wait for the new version

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
not many but doesnt look standardized. you need like 700mg of 25% extract GS or like 525 75% extract to work the way its supposed to per day.

the largestoma isnt standarized, however standard for that is 1% corosolic acid. 10mg is what was used in studied (5 min prior to meals) to show activation of PI3K pathway.

so id use 4-6 per day which make it pretty damn expensive atleast for me which is why i never used it i can get kilos of each ingredient and dose it high and itll last me 3 months at like over 3gram a day of each! which that much nor valine not sure how it would effect other amino acids.
Two studies I posted a page or two ago used ~400mg/day of a gymnema extract.

There are plenty of compounds in lagerstoma that are beneficial

Not everyone enjoys buying bulks powders and capping them(or just taking them straight). SS is a very complete formula, very cost effective, and very convenient for any one looking to control their blood sugar.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
Two studies I posted a page or two ago used ~400mg/day of a gymnema extract.

There are plenty of compounds in lagerstoma that are beneficial

Not everyone enjoys buying bulks powders and capping them(or just taking them straight). SS is a very complete formula, very cost effective, and very convenient for any one looking to control their blood sugar.
of gymnema extract SS doesnt list extract.

and your right about the banaba. i find standardized ingredients to be much more potent.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
Awesome! Thanks for the info, I'll run it that way, it was my plan already :)
Can't wait to open it (i have too many bottles opened already lol.. gotta finish something first)
Be sure to let us know how it treats you considering you're an anomaly in the GDA world lol. Most people come to them when in major surpluses of carbs so it would be nice to get anecdotal reports from someone who does very low carbs year round. :D

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
of gymnema extract SS doesnt list extract.

and your right about the banaba. i find standardized ingredients to be much more potent.
A lot of GDAs don't, its a proprietary formula and with the amount of people who keep it in their stash as a staple it wouldn't be wise to start giving out such info

Have you compared compounds using a glucometer? I would like to see the results, it's one of the only ways to be sure when you're talking GDA, what exactly are you referring to(compounds)?

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
first one used specific extract and i dont have access to full article. but it said the extract at 400mg per day which is 525mg of 75% extract or 1600mg of 25% extract....

i duno which you use. i nfact the other one also stated 400mg per day of extract.

Thats all im saying. depending on extract used and how much. you really need to bump up your dose signifuicantly to get desired effects. minimum 4 per day!

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
A lot of GDAs don't, its a proprietary formula and with the amount of people who keep it in their stash as a staple it wouldn't be wise to start giving out such info

Have you compared compounds using a glucometer? I would like to see the results, it's one of the only ways to be sure when you're talking GDA, what exactly are you referring to(compounds)?
i have used one not for this product particularly. but it broke and those strips are to expensive ive only done it 2 years ago.

prop blends i understand but not listing % extract is different your still protecting blend, just showing what its extracted to, or in this case may not be extracted to.

ssbackwards

Awards
  • Established
nothing against you itzdogdge or genomyx. i like you both and your very smart. so i like discussion like this to kind of just pull certain issues to the surface.

for example astragalus can be extracted to astraglosides 1 or astragloside 4, or it can be tipertinoids or whatever, point is astraglosides is what you want for adiponectin increase. specifically one of them. im not going to buy something that doesnt tell me. especially if im looking to use it for a specific reason.

itzDodge

itzDodge

Official Genomyx Wizard
Awards
  • Established
first one used specific extract and i dont have access to full article. but it said the extract at 400mg per day which is 525mg of 75% extract or 1600mg of 25% extract....

i duno which you use. i nfact the other one also stated 400mg per day of extract.

Thats all im saying. depending on extract used and how much. you really need to bump up your dose signifuicantly to get desired effects. minimum 4 per day!
You seem to be assuming the worst of Genomyx, I can't give you any numbers, I wish I could as I understand your point of view as the customer. Two caps a day is all you need, thats really all I can say.