Sleep Aids, best you've tried

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I take it a couple hours before bed because it isn't to knock me out, but to relax me and calm my mind. L-theanine and relora are fantastic for calming an anxious mind and that is what generally keep me from getting to or staying asleep. The 5-htp is great for mood and a requirement as I like to boost dopamine levels in the day with tyrosine, SAM-E, and/or dopa. Not all at once, but I alternate.

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yessir it does
Dream n Grow with Kratom looks interesting but all the ones I see for sale don't have Kratom. I know the plan was to discontinue it around 9/30 when the ban was coming into effect so is it all Kratom free now?

Side note: when I look at product descriptions the label shows that the amount (730mg) of a serving stayed the same but Kratom was removed, do you know what was increased to make up for the loss?

twistedfords

Awards
  • Established
ZMA + 5-htp (50mg-100mg) + Melatonin 3mg

Sleep like the dead on this combo. Before I ran out I was doing:
OL Ghar1ne MK-677 (10mg-20mg) plus the above combo and that made for some really deep restful sleep.
This is a great stack for making your own.

I never tried the mk yet. But every review says to take at night. Because it makes you just want to sleep and recover.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Dream n Grow with Kratom looks interesting but all the ones I see for sale don't have Kratom. I know the plan was to discontinue it around 9/30 when the ban was coming into effect so is it all Kratom free now?

Side note: when I look at product descriptions the label shows that the amount (730mg) of a serving stayed the same but Kratom was removed, do you know what was increased to make up for the loss?
I'm like 99.9% sure its just a typo on the site but, I've asked higher and should have an answer by the end of the day.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Currently getting great results from either Life Extension Neuro-Mag (includes magnesium l-threonate, calcium and vitamin d) or 200 mg magnesium glycinate + 75 mg magnesium l-threonate (I like to alternate between the two "stacks" because I'm unsure if I should be taking the extra calcium in neuro-mag every day).

Sss23

Awards
  • Established

I ordered last week it still contained Kratom

Sss23

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel it's harder to sleep after using a phenibut product once or twice a week then stopping?

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Do you feel it's harder to sleep after using a phenibut product once or twice a week then stopping?
Nope. If it's used everyday then yeah.

I very rarely use Phenibut, but when I do it's usually around 6pm when I'm winding down from a long day. Makes it easier when not using for sleep.

VeinNutrition

VeinNutrition

Board Sponsor
Awards
I'd actually recommend that over using it consistently. Phenibut has a rapid onset of tolerance if used regularly and can cause withdrawal symptoms at high doses. I don't recommend using it as a daily sleep aid, it should be used as needed.

Bmac63095

Bmac63095

Awards
Neuro SLEEP. . It's a drink sold at target Walmart. On military bases. Orange bottle. Knocks me the EFFF out. Right before you fall asleep you get really euphoric. Kinda makes me feel like home some one on heroin feel(just guessing) Anyone drink these??

Grambo

Grambo

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Neuro SLEEP. . It's a drink sold at target Walmart. On military bases. Orange bottle. Knocks me the EFFF out. Right before you fall asleep you get really euphoric. Kinda makes me feel like home some one on heroin feel(just guessing) Anyone drink these??
They have them at CVS as well I've used the Relax one. Not too shabby after a stressful day. Nothing crazy but took a baby edge off. Haven't tried the Sleep though

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd actually recommend that over using it consistently. Phenibut has a rapid onset of tolerance if used regularly and can cause withdrawal symptoms at high doses. I don't recommend using it as a daily sleep aid, it should be used as needed.
Agreed. I don't view phenibut to be something to take lightly and just use. My personal experience weighs in on this as I have a very difficult time with it and the withdrawal.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
A lot of people have run Sns growth factor xt and actually had "too good" of sleep ha. Some have had to lower the dose to keep from sleeping through alarms and such.

Might be worth looking into/trying.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have never had an issue with dependence using Phenibut. Might be the fact that I only use once a week or so on really stressful days. My favorite out of our products so far is Somatomax by Hi-Tech. A tub lasts me about 4 months. I only need a 1/4 scoop for a full nights sleep. Before that I used REM 8.0 by Formutech and one tub lasted me about 4 months as well.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have never had an issue with dependence using Phenibut. Might be the fact that I only use once a week or so on really stressful days. My favorite out of our products so far is Somatomax by Hi-Tech. A tub lasts me about 4 months. I only need a 1/4 scoop for a full nights sleep. Before that I used REM 8.0 by Formutech and one tub lasted me about 4 months as well.
Somatomax made me feel drunk as **** and vomit profusely. I would never recommend it to anyone personally. And I'm well experienced with phenubit.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Somatomax made me feel drunk as **** and vomit profusely. I would never recommend it to anyone personally. And I'm well experienced with phenubit.
Again I said I only use 1/4 scoop. I would agree that 1full scoop is very hard hitting. Everyone should assess their tolerance

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Another 1/4 scoop user..I was warned ahead if time so I've never done a full scoop

Allenfitz

Allenfitz

Banned
Awards
blackstonelabs.com they have great sleeping product not the growth the actual sleep supplement.

ryane87

ryane87

Awards
  • Established
My 2 favorite all-natural sleep aides....

Sex
Masterbation

100% free. Unless you're into hookers. Then you are better off with the sleep aides. Unless you just REALLY like hookers. Then carry on

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My 2 favorite all-natural sleep aides....

Sex
Masterbation

100% free. Unless you're into hookers. Then you are better off with the sleep aides. Unless you just REALLY like hookers. Then carry on
I like me some hookers!!!!!!

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Tried 2mg melatonin, Zma and 5g glycine. Actually managed to fall a sleep, amazing! Woke up during the night though, had to pee. To much protein before bed yesterday.

Will add relora and theanine to the stack.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I try to cycle my sleep aids. Melatonin, Theanine, ZMA all work pretty well. Sleep Essentials by the known vitamin company is also pretty decent (includes Melatonin, Valerian, etc)

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Oneiromancer by Antaeus Labs
Phenibut
Glycine
L-Theanine
Galantamine

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
For anyone interested here's a quick list of the sleep aids that I'm familiar with:

Somatomax, Hi Tech
Noxitropin PM, CTD Labs
Sleep/GH, Prime Nutrition
Fade Out, Redcon1
NighTTrain, LGI
Anesthetized, Blackstone Labs
Hypnos, Chaos and Pain
REM - 8.0, Formutech Nutrition
Dream N Grow, Ironmag Labs

I've taken the majority of them and have found that they all work pretty well. My wife seems to favor Somatomax so that's what I usually have on hand. I seem to have inherited an unusually durable constitution when it comes to supplements (pre-workouts, sleep aids, anabolics, etc.) so I can easily handle a full scoop of the Somatomax but I would recommend anyone taking it, or any of the other sleep aids on the list, to start out conservatively with a 1/4 to 1/2 scoop to assess your tolerance. I also wouldn't recommend taking anything containing Phenibut in it more than 2-3 times a week with a 7-14 day break every 4-6 weeks.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For anyone interested here's a quick list of the sleep aids that I'm familiar with:

Somatomax, Hi Tech
Noxitropin PM, CTD Labs
Sleep/GH, Prime Nutrition
Fade Out, Redcon1
NighTTrain, LGI
Anesthetized, Blackstone Labs
Hypnos, Chaos and Pain
REM - 8.0, Formutech Nutrition
Dream N Grow, Ironmag Labs

I've taken the majority of them and have found that they all work pretty well. My wife seems to favor Somatomax so that's what I usually have on hand. I seem to have inherited an unusually durable constitution when it comes to supplements (pre-workouts, sleep aids, anabolics, etc.) so I can easily handle a full scoop of the Somatomax but I would recommend anyone taking it, or any of the other sleep aids on the list, to start out conservatively with a 1/4 to 1/2 scoop to assess your tolerance. I also wouldn't recommend taking anything containing Phenibut in it more than 2-3 times a week with a 7-14 day break every 4-6 weeks.
I used Somatomax before, it's ok to me, how would you rate Dream-and-grow if you compare those 2?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
I just started adding 600mg KSM-66 (Jarrow Formula brand) to my nightly ZMA/Melatonin/5-htp combo 2 nights ago and the sleep has been pretty amazing and restful. I might have to add in KSM-66(ashwagandha long term). Whenever I am running Bulbine (Prolensis) my sleep is always deep and restful as well. As mentioned previously though, best sleep I ever had was 20mg MK-677 (OL) added to ZMA/Melatonin/5-htp.

NaturesSecret

NaturesSecret

Awards
Mulungu (Erythrina mulungu) Comes from the Mulungu Tree native to Brazil. :)
The bark powder has been used for many years as a natural sedative and is thus used to combat insomnia.
It also works similar to the anti-anxiety drug Diazepam, and is often used as a treatment for anxiety.

Kanna Extract is a solid natural evening go-to as well for a sleep aid.
My father was having a very hard time sleeping and I created an herbal blend to help with evening pain with Akuamma Seed Powder and the Kanna to help keep him asleep and it has work fantastically for him and many others!
Here are the ingredients and some other properties~

Sunset Calming Blend Ingredients:
1.) Akuamma Seeds (Picralima Nitida) -PAIN/ANXIETY/STRESS
2.) Ashwagandha 10:1 Extract (Withania Somnifera) -MEMORY/LIBIDO/INSOMNIA
3.) Kanna 10:1 Extract (Sceletium Tortuosum)- MOOD/STRESS/ANXIETY/SLEEP/MILD EUPHORIC

Let me know if you have any questions!
~Positive Energy your way~

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
40mg of Melatonin? Are you sure you didn't mean 4mg?

Sedation for daily use, and Comatize for every once in a while. It's the ish.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Mulungu (Erythrina mulungu) Comes from the Mulungu Tree native to Brazil. :)
The bark powder has been used for many years as a natural sedative and is thus used to combat insomnia.
It also works similar to the anti-anxiety drug Diazepam, and is often used as a treatment for anxiety.

Kanna Extract is a solid natural evening go-to as well for a sleep aid.
My father was having a very hard time sleeping and I created an herbal blend to help with evening pain with Akuamma Seed Powder and the Kanna to help keep him asleep and it has work fantastically for him and many others!
Here are the ingredients and some other properties~

Sunset Calming Blend Ingredients:
1.) Akuamma Seeds (Picralima Nitida) -PAIN/ANXIETY/STRESS
2.) Ashwagandha 10:1 Extract (Withania Somnifera) -MEMORY/LIBIDO/INSOMNIA
3.) Kanna 10:1 Extract (Sceletium Tortuosum)- MOOD/STRESS/ANXIETY/SLEEP/MILD EUPHORIC

Let me know if you have any questions!
~Positive Energy your way~
I think you forgot to mention the general point behind this post.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Truzma and melatonin has taken the cake for me in the sleep aid category.

johnl1800

johnl1800

Awards
  • Established
I used Somatomax before, it's ok to me, how would you rate Dream-and-grow if you compare those 2?
I prefer Somatomax over Dream N Grow. Not that Dream N Grow didn't work, I just personally felt that I slept better on Somatomax. I haven't been taking either very much lately as since I started taking ORIG1N I've found that I've been sleeping pretty well and haven't needed them.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
40mg of Melatonin? Are you sure you didn't mean 4mg?

Sedation for daily use, and Comatize for every once in a while. It's the ish.
No, I use 40mg of melatonin every night. I have a high tolerance, but I find you have to take a lot for it to actually work magic.

fitfreak_CP

fitfreak_CP

Awards
Hypnos from chaos and pain is awesome. I have had a mild issue if I take to much and actually don't sleep well. I use 1 scoop straight powder to the mouth and swallow it down. Make sure to get at least 5 hours of sleep

slimsaw00

Awards
  • Established
Abyss Unparalleled is back if I recall.... I really enjoyed that back when it was out. Also really enjoyed Sleephoria by EvoMuse.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Been experimenting with Blue Light Blocking Glasses right after sun down. I swear I start yawning earlier and more often before 10PM. I went with the Cyxus(?) brand off of Amazon for $19. I got 1pr of the Clear 90% Blocking, and 1pr of the Yellow 99% Blocking. The Yellow version isn't actually as bad as you would think for watching TV - but if you're a video purist, the 90% Clear would be your pick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
OTC Drug 10
Hypnotic traveling Supplements 22
Supplements 26
Supplements 101
paul56778 Supplements 69